Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid and the mentality of some! 19:36 - May 22 with 24738 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Well I finally ventured out for the first time since lockdown, mainly as I was missing decent sausages and know local butcher is strict on social distance and only 1 customer per time in the shop, 32 sausages in the freezer and other stuff no issues.

The mrs then decided we had to go to a mini Sainsbury’s for essentials, I headed in (she stayed in the car). Within 30 seconds I avoided 3 builders (no way related) rolling a cig with a homeless women, dodged that.

Got inside and nice 2 meter squares on the floor, within a minute a bloke probably mid 40’s walked right next to me to get his sausages and steak, I made a comment and he moved away and apologised. Just as he did a girl and lad in late teens walked straight through the middle of us, by then the air turned a little blue.

Those breaking the rule (other than the 1 guy) were average age low 20’s, everyone else was moving away, waiting and doing what was expected largely, and some more so.

The point is, we have the highest death rate in Europe, and that goes hand in hand with the highest level of dickheads and lowest level of general respect, add lack of allowable control from the police and, to a point governmental confusion.

Loads of things can be blamed but we are no longer a nation of shopkeepers, we are a nation of fcukwits, we need proper police control, fines, car seizures etc. Stop buggering about and do something about it, bombing Southend beach sadly is too extreme.

I won’t be heading out again for a long while. I genuinely wish I was German, or Dutch, or Australian, or ...........

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Covid and the mentality of some! on 17:05 - May 24 with 1786 views442Dale

Nice little opening speech Cummings wrote for his puppet there.

Bet they practiced it all afternoon.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Covid and the mentality of some! on 17:12 - May 24 with 1758 viewsD_Alien

Very poor judgement, and clearly wrong

I believe it's something he'll come to regret

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Covid and the mentality of some! on 17:18 - May 24 with 1743 viewsKenBoon

What Prime Minister Johnson said about his aide's behaviour is outrageous. There's not even a grovelling apology. Cummings supposedly acted with integrity. Give me strength! So anyone who followed the rules and struggled with their kids are behaving irresponsibly?

There's bigger priorities but I do hope some don't let this lie. Just having the utter audacity to read that out is appalling and very concerning. No government should feel like they can get away with that shit.
Covid and the mentality of some! on 17:22 - May 24 with 1730 views442Dale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 17:12 - May 24 by D_Alien

Using words like “responsibility” and “integrity” is particularly abhorrent. Unfortunately, while Johnson may regret it in the future, the rest of us will regret it more in the short-term.

And to shift the emphasis away, they go back to the schools opening. Guaranteed to get people focused on their children, what with them showing integrity and responsibility as parents.

Covid and the mentality of some! on 17:22 - May 24 with 1729 viewsaleanddale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:23 - May 24 by MoonyDale

I'm afraid you won't hear it from Boris today, if we do I'll drop my pants on the town hall steps .... I've pretty much stayed away from politicising this crisis but yesterday and the reactions from most Tory MP,s has been disgusting, after having to self isolate myself through this sodding virus and still not going out and still following the rules by staying at home....Then you have this unelected self entitled fkwit swanning about because the rules apparently only apply to us and not them....Anyone from any political party should be sacked immediately for breaching lockdown rules, and anyone in power who supports him needs to go the same way.....

Thank you for saving me the time it would take to type.....

Excellent post summing up my feelings perfectly.
[Post edited 24 May 2020 17:25]
Covid and the mentality of some! on 17:39 - May 24 with 1673 views442Dale

For anyone who knows more about these idiots than me, because I really don’t, just why is Cummings so important to Johnson that he’s prepared to treat the whole country with such contempt in this way?

At first some said Cummings position was untenable. Now it’s getting to the point that the Prime Minister’s is heading the same way. Next it will be the whole government.

In the meantime we are trying to get through a pandemic. The next thing is we will be seen as in the wrong for talking about Cummings and not the health situation. All so predictable.

Covid and the mentality of some! on 17:51 - May 24 with 1645 viewsSandyman

Cummings goes - carry on doing the job while the dust settles.
Cummings stays - this is not going to go away when other issues should be taking precedence.
After that load of completely unconvincing BS and obfuscation, Boris Johnson's judgement is will now be under greater scrutiny, and rightly so. He's dropped a clanger this time.
Covid and the mentality of some! on 17:53 - May 24 with 1639 viewsisitme

I suppose he is a bit like Campbell was for Blair. A lot of people don't like it but these spin doctors are so influential and world leaders of all political persuasion rely on them immensely. When they find one they like they are extremely reluctant to get rid of them.
Login to get fewer ads

Covid and the mentality of some! on 17:58 - May 24 with 1621 views442Dale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 17:53 - May 24 by isitme

I suppose he is a bit like Campbell was for Blair. A lot of people don't like it but these spin doctors are so influential and world leaders of all political persuasion rely on them immensely. When they find one they like they are extremely reluctant to get rid of them.

Maybe, but this is an unprecedented situation when we have all tried to foster that ‘in it all together’ mentality. This messageboard has tried to do that too, and there will be loads of us with stories that will illustrate how so many have done their best.

This last couple of days flies in the face of all that, and the worst thing is that they know that. That’s what makes it so bad; they do not care and whatever your view on the politics are or what party you back is now irrelevant, because that’s what they’ve told us all today.

Covid and the mentality of some! on 18:02 - May 24 with 1609 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Covid and the mentality of some! on 17:51 - May 24 by Sandyman

Cummings goes - carry on doing the job while the dust settles.
Cummings stays - this is not going to go away when other issues should be taking precedence.
After that load of completely unconvincing BS and obfuscation, Boris Johnson's judgement is will now be under greater scrutiny, and rightly so. He's dropped a clanger this time.

The questions he faced shows this clearly isn’t going away. A big problem he now faces is if the other allegations of Cummings breaching the rules are proved to be true. The question then becomes has Cummings lied to Boris or is Boris lying to us? If it’s the latter then his position will get even more difficult.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Covid and the mentality of some! on 18:03 - May 24 with 1602 views442Dale

Before it comes down:

For when it does; the official Civil Service twitter account posted
“ Arrogant and offensive.

Can you imagine having to work with these truth twisters?”

Covid and the mentality of some! on 18:25 - May 24 with 1556 viewsmingthemerciless

Covid and the mentality of some! on 17:53 - May 24 by isitme

I think at the end of the day Campbell did more harm than good to Tony Blair's reputation. I suspect the same will apply to Johnson and Cummings.
Covid and the mentality of some! on 18:33 - May 24 with 1550 viewsrochdaleriddler

Covid and the mentality of some! on 17:12 - May 24 by D_Alien

As you know I’m not a Tory fan, but if I was I would be ashamed of what’s going on now, it they are literally just taking the piss now. Having a large majority and a cabinet full of yes guys is letting the party and the country down. I’m not going to watch any more of these conferences, and I will decide for myself what I should and shouldn’t do. I should have been down at Lizard point today, with my family, visiting the spot some of my eldest Lad’s ashes lay. I go every year at this time, I now wish I had just gone, if it were next week after all this I would have.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Covid and the mentality of some! on 18:36 - May 24 with 1539 views442Dale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 18:59 - May 24 with 1500 viewsroccydaleian

Covid and the mentality of some! on 18:33 - May 24 by rochdaleriddler

As you know I’m not a Tory fan, but if I was I would be ashamed of what’s going on now, it they are literally just taking the piss now. Having a large majority and a cabinet full of yes guys is letting the party and the country down. I’m not going to watch any more of these conferences, and I will decide for myself what I should and shouldn’t do. I should have been down at Lizard point today, with my family, visiting the spot some of my eldest Lad’s ashes lay. I go every year at this time, I now wish I had just gone, if it were next week after all this I would have.

Agree with your second sentence, and even though we’re probably at least four years off the next GE, this massive error could be costly for them. Could be a big price to pay for someone’s vanity project.
Covid and the mentality of some! on 19:07 - May 24 with 1482 viewsMoonyDale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 17:39 - May 24 by 442Dale

For anyone who knows more about these idiots than me, because I really don’t, just why is Cummings so important to Johnson that he’s prepared to treat the whole country with such contempt in this way?

At first some said Cummings position was untenable. Now it’s getting to the point that the Prime Minister’s is heading the same way. Next it will be the whole government.

In the meantime we are trying to get through a pandemic. The next thing is we will be seen as in the wrong for talking about Cummings and not the health situation. All so predictable.

1 Either Boris is the most loyal PM ever and is sticking by his mate
2 Cummings has an extreme amount of dirt on Boris and he daren't sack him
3 Cummings is indeed the brains of the friendship and Boris isn't up to the job without him.

1 There is no loyalty in politics so that's a huge nope.
2 Boris would probably have him seen to as he threatend before in regards to a journalist.
3 My preferred option, as is becoming glaringly obvious as time goes on. I can only give the benefit of doubt for so long.......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Covid and the mentality of some! on 19:24 - May 24 with 1440 views442Dale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 18:03 - May 24 by 442Dale

Before it comes down:

For when it does; the official Civil Service twitter account posted
“ Arrogant and offensive.

Can you imagine having to work with these truth twisters?”

Covid and the mentality of some! on 19:35 - May 24 with 1414 viewsrochdaleriddler

Covid and the mentality of some! on 19:24 - May 24 by 442Dale

Sky news reporting that Cummings car definately was at Barnard Castle, so if Boris had a talk with Cummings today he must have been aware that the argument that he didn’t go out anywhere is a lie

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Covid and the mentality of some! on 19:52 - May 24 with 1387 views442Dale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 19:35 - May 24 by rochdaleriddler

Sky news reporting that Cummings car definately was at Barnard Castle, so if Boris had a talk with Cummings today he must have been aware that the argument that he didn’t go out anywhere is a lie

Covid and the mentality of some! on 20:14 - May 24 with 1353 views442Dale

It has been said by pretty much everyone how we are living in unprecedented times, yet with every passing hour it manages to go up a level where it’s almost a struggle to comprehend whether some of this is actually happening.

A government unravelling in the public domain, with very little support from the country who were prepared to rely on them and follow their advice. It’s hard to see a way back for Johnson at the moment in regaining some trust, yet still there’s the ongoing virus situation to deal with and what the future holds. Their decision making is bordering on catastrophic.
[Post edited 24 May 2020 20:44]

Covid and the mentality of some! on 21:05 - May 24 with 1304 viewsMoonyDale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 20:14 - May 24 by 442Dale

It has been said by pretty much everyone how we are living in unprecedented times, yet with every passing hour it manages to go up a level where it’s almost a struggle to comprehend whether some of this is actually happening.

A government unravelling in the public domain, with very little support from the country who were prepared to rely on them and follow their advice. It’s hard to see a way back for Johnson at the moment in regaining some trust, yet still there’s the ongoing virus situation to deal with and what the future holds. Their decision making is bordering on catastrophic.
[Post edited 24 May 2020 20:44]

Sky News are reporting that a complaint has been made to the police and that a distinctive number plate that was given to police was indeed from a vehicle used by Cummings. I can't wait to hear the PM spin this one after he said tonight that he believed the stories of other lockdown rule breaks were untrue.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Covid and the mentality of some! on 21:41 - May 24 with 1255 viewsD_Alien

Covid and the mentality of some! on 18:02 - May 24 by BigDaveMyCock

The questions he faced shows this clearly isn’t going away. A big problem he now faces is if the other allegations of Cummings breaching the rules are proved to be true. The question then becomes has Cummings lied to Boris or is Boris lying to us? If it’s the latter then his position will get even more difficult.

You've set out the outstanding issue in all it's stark nakedness

I think if it's the latter, it's even worse than lying - it's like saying it doesn't matter if he broke the rules in an even more egregious way (sorry, i know i've used that word a lot recently)

This is Boris' Profumo moment. If he's been lied to, he needs to do the obvious and not even wait for a resignation, then issue a profound apology to the nation

Covid and the mentality of some! on 21:52 - May 24 with 1233 viewsJames1980

Covid and the mentality of some! on 21:41 - May 24 by D_Alien

You've set out the outstanding issue in all it's stark nakedness

I think if it's the latter, it's even worse than lying - it's like saying it doesn't matter if he broke the rules in an even more egregious way (sorry, i know i've used that word a lot recently)

This is Boris' Profumo moment. If he's been lied to, he needs to do the obvious and not even wait for a resignation, then issue a profound apology to the nation

He's Britain Trump as the great orange narcissist called him. Very much doubt Boris will give an apology.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Covid and the mentality of some! on 21:53 - May 24 with 1228 viewsD_Alien

Covid and the mentality of some! on 21:52 - May 24 by James1980

He's Britain Trump as the great orange narcissist called him. Very much doubt Boris will give an apology.

I disagree, on both counts, but we shall see

Covid and the mentality of some! on 22:41 - May 24 with 1177 viewsTVOS1907

https://rochdaleherald.co.uk/2020/05/24/a1-to-durham-renamed-the-dominic-cumming

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024