Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid and the mentality of some! 19:36 - May 22 with 24744 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Well I finally ventured out for the first time since lockdown, mainly as I was missing decent sausages and know local butcher is strict on social distance and only 1 customer per time in the shop, 32 sausages in the freezer and other stuff no issues.

The mrs then decided we had to go to a mini Sainsbury’s for essentials, I headed in (she stayed in the car). Within 30 seconds I avoided 3 builders (no way related) rolling a cig with a homeless women, dodged that.

Got inside and nice 2 meter squares on the floor, within a minute a bloke probably mid 40’s walked right next to me to get his sausages and steak, I made a comment and he moved away and apologised. Just as he did a girl and lad in late teens walked straight through the middle of us, by then the air turned a little blue.

Those breaking the rule (other than the 1 guy) were average age low 20’s, everyone else was moving away, waiting and doing what was expected largely, and some more so.

The point is, we have the highest death rate in Europe, and that goes hand in hand with the highest level of dickheads and lowest level of general respect, add lack of allowable control from the police and, to a point governmental confusion.

Loads of things can be blamed but we are no longer a nation of shopkeepers, we are a nation of fcukwits, we need proper police control, fines, car seizures etc. Stop buggering about and do something about it, bombing Southend beach sadly is too extreme.

I won’t be heading out again for a long while. I genuinely wish I was German, or Dutch, or Australian, or ...........

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Covid and the mentality of some! on 23:48 - May 24 with 1774 viewsroccydaleian

Not sure if this is a wind up, but it is on his official Twitter account.
Covid and the mentality of some! on 03:57 - May 25 with 1692 viewsdownunder

The shock waves following Boris's speech have just reached the PM of New Zealand

[Post edited 25 May 2020 12:50]
Covid and the mentality of some! on 06:23 - May 25 with 1661 viewssmaclad1

Nope. Not convinced by BJ's defence of Cummins. There was, in my view, no effort made to even try and hide the spin on this. We are persuaded to accept that Cummings cares for his child and did what any caring and responsible parent would do and that we cannot criticise him for that. And so his subsequent actions can be justified by a disassembling of Covid restriction rules to justify his actions. Sorry, but I'm not buying it.

This is so much b*llox on all levels and has been demonstrated as such across the media. The stories of real personal sacrifice and heartache that are coming out in the wake of this story are heartwrenching, heartbreaking and, and...I don't know, can't describe it further. I'm not angry any more. I'm resigned to this now - we should have known in our hearts that we were being taken for a ride all along - we all do as we're told while our lords and masters, the elected and unelected elite and all do what they have always done. Which is whatever it is they want to.
Covid and the mentality of some! on 06:32 - May 25 with 1651 viewsrochdaleriddler

Covid and the mentality of some! on 23:48 - May 24 by roccydaleian

Doesn’t really look like him, and locals would know who he is, even I know who he is!

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Covid and the mentality of some! on 07:55 - May 25 with 1619 viewsMoonyDale

Unless he's got access to Cummings car I would guess this is just smoke and mirrors...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Covid and the mentality of some! on 09:23 - May 25 with 1564 viewsJames1980

How long before they claim he 'misinterpreted the rules'

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Covid and the mentality of some! on 09:46 - May 25 with 1543 views442Dale

If it happened to him or if it was a wind-up, what does it matter?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Covid and the mentality of some! on 09:59 - May 25 with 1515 viewsrochdaleriddler

Covid and the mentality of some! on 09:46 - May 25 by 442Dale

If it happened to him or if it was a wind-up, what does it matter?

Those defending him are saying to people like this ‘Feck you’

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Login to get fewer ads

Covid and the mentality of some! on 11:39 - May 25 with 1444 viewsD_Alien

Meeting of the cabinet today

I don't think it'll be long before one or more ministers break ranks. There's already been muttering to journos in confidence, and once it happens there's no knowing what that could lead to; at this juncture, of all junctures in the life of the UK's social & political history

In many respects, it's too late in terms of the damage already done, but even at this late hour (gone midnight, as it were) the cabinet should take this situation by the scruff of the neck and insist on a resignation/sacking, not really bothered which - but sacking would be better

At least we could then move on. The rate of new infections and subsequent morbidity are heading in the right direction to do so; to start looking forward rather than the fear and heartbreak of the last two months. It's probably the worst political decision i've seen in my lifetime, just in terms of sheer tone-deafness

It can be remedied, but it'll never be forgotten or forgiven

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Covid and the mentality of some! on 12:24 - May 25 with 1417 viewsdawlishdale

Haven't commented on this sad episode yet, but I agree with D'alien that it has to rank amongst the worst political decisions I can recall...up there with Blair's weapons of mass destruction and Gordon Brown selling our gold reserves when the price was at a historic low.

Cummings must go, or the whole Government will have lost much of its credibility, and future decisions regarding lockdown will be treated with contempt by the public. This, at a time when the population really needs to be able to put some trust in the people running the country.

Sadly, the PM seems to hang onto every word that Cummings tells him, and the cabinet has up to now, followed BJ's lead blindly. The really stupid thing is that should the PM wish to continue being advised by DC, there are any number of ways that this can be done...just not so much in the public eye.

Unless DC is removed from office, this will not end well.
Covid and the mentality of some! on 12:55 - May 25 with 1378 views442Dale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 13:20 - May 25 with 1350 viewsD_Alien

Covid and the mentality of some! on 12:55 - May 25 by 442Dale

One can only imagine the politicking that's going on behind the scenes

Summat's shifted for this to be happening. If it's not a resignation, surely no-one in government thinks it will "put it to bed" ??
[Post edited 25 May 2020 13:24]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Covid and the mentality of some! on 13:38 - May 25 with 1322 views442Dale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 13:20 - May 25 by D_Alien

Summat's shifted for this to be happening. If it's not a resignation, surely no-one in government thinks it will "put it to bed" ??

They’ve already lost a lot of the country once. To do it again would show a staggering lack of respect for public opinion.

Its actually quite difficult to believe a lot of it is actually happening.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attac

<<“ 14. Special advisers must not take public part in political controversy, through any form of statement whether in speeches or letters to the press, or in books, social media, articles or leaflets. They must observe discretion and express comment with moderation, avoiding personal attacks, and would not normally speak in public for their Minister or the Department.”>>

Covid and the mentality of some! on 13:46 - May 25 with 1308 viewsBrierls

Covid and the mentality of some! on 13:20 - May 25 by D_Alien

If it’s not a resignation, it will be an accelerant to a fire that’s already out of control!

I expect something along the lines of...

I didn’t do anything wrong
I protected my family
The PM believes in right and wrong, and his values make him a great leader
BUT all this is distracting from the coronavirus fight, therefore I resign

Blah blah blah
Covid and the mentality of some! on 13:53 - May 25 with 1296 views442Dale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 13:46 - May 25 by Brierls

If it’s not a resignation, it will be an accelerant to a fire that’s already out of control!

I protected my family

Blah blah blah

Leaning towards that, and for the final line (not the blah x 3) it’s to be hoped.

Covid and the mentality of some! on 13:57 - May 25 with 1287 viewsTVOS1907

And?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Covid and the mentality of some! on 13:58 - May 25 with 1289 viewsjonesy

Forget Cummings for a minute.

Self isolation isn’t just something the government has imposed/suggested just to pi$$ everyone off. There is some sense behind it. If it were simply an option I think I would have self isolated as I have. It seems logical to try to keep out of everyone else’s way if possible till it reduces in numbers of carriers or a vaccine is found. So all the people moaning that they can’t do things they would normally do should blame the virus and it’s source (somewhere in China) not the government. I hope the government has the welfare and future of the country in mind with it’s plans, despite my cynicism. Don’t blame the messenger.

On Cummings, I think there has been a large section of the country hoping for a chance to get rid of him and he seems to have given them a good reason. I don’t know what should happen. Pretty neutral.
Covid and the mentality of some! on 14:05 - May 25 with 1280 views442Dale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 13:58 - May 25 by jonesy

Forget Cummings for a minute.

Self isolation isn’t just something the government has imposed/suggested just to pi$$ everyone off. There is some sense behind it. If it were simply an option I think I would have self isolated as I have. It seems logical to try to keep out of everyone else’s way if possible till it reduces in numbers of carriers or a vaccine is found. So all the people moaning that they can’t do things they would normally do should blame the virus and it’s source (somewhere in China) not the government. I hope the government has the welfare and future of the country in mind with it’s plans, despite my cynicism. Don’t blame the messenger.

On Cummings, I think there has been a large section of the country hoping for a chance to get rid of him and he seems to have given them a good reason. I don’t know what should happen. Pretty neutral.

Not seen many on here moaning they can’t do anything because of the government.

It’s the recent developments, that can’t and shouldn’t be forgotten, that have led to those restrictions, which most understood, being undermined.

Covid and the mentality of some! on 14:42 - May 25 with 1243 viewsjonesy

Covid and the mentality of some! on 14:05 - May 25 by 442Dale

Not seen many on here moaning they can’t do anything because of the government.

It’s the recent developments, that can’t and shouldn’t be forgotten, that have led to those restrictions, which most understood, being undermined.

Not seen ANY on here moaning that they can’t go to football, see relatives, go down the pub etc because of the Chinese government. Let’s put the blame where it belongs.
Covid and the mentality of some! on 14:45 - May 25 with 1231 views442Dale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 14:42 - May 25 by jonesy

Not seen ANY on here moaning that they can’t go to football, see relatives, go down the pub etc because of the Chinese government. Let’s put the blame where it belongs.

Do what you like.

Covid and the mentality of some! on 14:53 - May 25 with 1208 viewsjonesy

Covid and the mentality of some! on 14:45 - May 25 by 442Dale

Do what you like.

That’s very kind of you. Thank you. I think I will let you do what you like too.
Covid and the mentality of some! on 15:02 - May 25 with 1201 viewsEllGazzell

Covid and the mentality of some! on 14:42 - May 25 by jonesy

Pull the other one Jonsey, you sound like Donald Trump!

[Post edited 25 May 2020 15:06]

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Covid and the mentality of some! on 15:04 - May 25 with 1199 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Covid and the mentality of some! on 13:46 - May 25 by Brierls

I protected my family

Blah blah blah

Even though it’s not happened yet, I think this will be an excellent summary.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Covid and the mentality of some! on 15:11 - May 25 with 1185 viewsjonesy

Well, where did it come from? Dominic Cummings? Trump? Iraq?, USA?, Boris?, Scunthorpe?

Well, what do you think?
Covid and the mentality of some! on 15:15 - May 25 with 1177 viewsTVOS1907

Covid and the mentality of some! on 15:11 - May 25 by jonesy

Well, where did it come from? Dominic Cummings? Trump? Iraq?, USA?, Boris?, Scunthorpe?

Well, what do you think?

Scunthorpe would have given it a three-year contract, but still got relegated.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024