Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid and the mentality of some! 19:36 - May 22 with 24712 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Well I finally ventured out for the first time since lockdown, mainly as I was missing decent sausages and know local butcher is strict on social distance and only 1 customer per time in the shop, 32 sausages in the freezer and other stuff no issues.

The mrs then decided we had to go to a mini Sainsbury’s for essentials, I headed in (she stayed in the car). Within 30 seconds I avoided 3 builders (no way related) rolling a cig with a homeless women, dodged that.

Got inside and nice 2 meter squares on the floor, within a minute a bloke probably mid 40’s walked right next to me to get his sausages and steak, I made a comment and he moved away and apologised. Just as he did a girl and lad in late teens walked straight through the middle of us, by then the air turned a little blue.

Those breaking the rule (other than the 1 guy) were average age low 20’s, everyone else was moving away, waiting and doing what was expected largely, and some more so.

The point is, we have the highest death rate in Europe, and that goes hand in hand with the highest level of dickheads and lowest level of general respect, add lack of allowable control from the police and, to a point governmental confusion.

Loads of things can be blamed but we are no longer a nation of shopkeepers, we are a nation of fcukwits, we need proper police control, fines, car seizures etc. Stop buggering about and do something about it, bombing Southend beach sadly is too extreme.

I won’t be heading out again for a long while. I genuinely wish I was German, or Dutch, or Australian, or ...........

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Covid and the mentality of some! on 13:17 - May 24 with 1603 viewsjonesy

Covid and the mentality of some! on 12:55 - May 24 by 442Dale

Absolutely NOTHING to do with Brexit for the majority of people. This thread indicates that.

We are not politicians!
Covid and the mentality of some! on 13:45 - May 24 with 1548 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 22:09 - May 23 by Shun

Yes even someone like Cummings will have friends nearby who could help with his child. It’s all lies and bullshit from him and those backing him. He believes he’s better than the rest of us, a sense of entitlement.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Covid and the mentality of some! on 13:54 - May 24 with 1530 viewsBartRowou

What's interesting for me personally is the emergence of some decent Tories after the last lot were excommunicated. You had Willy Wragg (plus some others) siding with Starmer during the week and today the likes of Peter Bone denouncing Cummings. These are the people we need doing the press briefings every night, not the current bunch of question dodgers.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Covid and the mentality of some! on 14:11 - May 24 with 1508 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 12:48 - May 24 by jonesy

Cummings seems a right tw*tt but all the remainers will be after his blood. Every politician has an ulterior motive. Wouldn’t trust any of them.

How about Steve Baker? He has called for Cummings to go, and was completely for Brexit.

Covid and the mentality of some! on 14:34 - May 24 with 1474 viewsisitme

Back on to the general point about mentality. I have just been for a walk through the park and there we probably around a hundred people congregated in the new part of the cemetary with lots of coming and going of people.
Covid and the mentality of some! on 14:45 - May 24 with 1447 views442Dale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 14:34 - May 24 by isitme

Back on to the general point about mentality. I have just been for a walk through the park and there we probably around a hundred people congregated in the new part of the cemetary with lots of coming and going of people.

That mentality has been shifted for some in the last 48 hours. Even if just two people of those you saw are using the recent news to justify their choices, it’s two too many. Extrapolate that across the whole country (minus Durham, they’ve had enough now) and that’s where we are.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Covid and the mentality of some! on 14:47 - May 24 with 1445 viewsisitme

Covid and the mentality of some! on 14:45 - May 24 by 442Dale

That mentality has been shifted for some in the last 48 hours. Even if just two people of those you saw are using the recent news to justify their choices, it’s two too many. Extrapolate that across the whole country (minus Durham, they’ve had enough now) and that’s where we are.

I could well be wrong, but I suspect that the mass gathering in this location would still have happened regardless of the Cummings story. There have been similar gatherings there since the lockdown, although not quite to that scale.
[Post edited 24 May 2020 15:19]
Covid and the mentality of some! on 14:48 - May 24 with 1440 viewsEllGazzell

Covid and the mentality of some! on 12:48 - May 24 by jonesy

Cummings seems a right tw*tt but all the remainers will be after his blood. Every politician has an ulterior motive. Wouldn’t trust any of them.

Got nothing to do with Brexit. I am as anti-Brexit as the next man but this is about the rules which were crafted/advised/influenced directly or indirectly by this individual and then ignored/broken.

The pain some of us have endured and sacrifices made to respect the rules/situation and to then see this senior influencer flouting said rules and rubbing our noses in it yesterday makes me fooking sick.

Fook him - treacherous little c*nt.
[Post edited 24 May 2020 14:51]

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Login to get fewer ads

Covid and the mentality of some! on 15:03 - May 24 with 1405 views442Dale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 14:47 - May 24 by isitme

I could well be wrong, but I suspect that the mass gathering in this location would still have happened regardless of the Cummings story. There have been similar gatherings there since the lockdown, although not quite to that scale.
[Post edited 24 May 2020 15:19]

There will have been incidents everywhere, many reported in the press. The problem is that individuals will now, incorrectly, point to one self-centred, egotistical idiot as their free pass to do/have done what they want.

You’re right though, as is this thread, it’s all about the mentality of some.

Covid and the mentality of some! on 15:07 - May 24 with 1397 viewsisitme

Covid and the mentality of some! on 15:03 - May 24 by 442Dale

There will have been incidents everywhere, many reported in the press. The problem is that individuals will now, incorrectly, point to one self-centred, egotistical idiot as their free pass to do/have done what they want.

You’re right though, as is this thread, it’s all about the mentality of some.

Who Kyle Walker?
Covid and the mentality of some! on 15:09 - May 24 with 1385 viewsjonesy

Covid and the mentality of some! on 14:11 - May 24 by foreverhopefulDale

How about Steve Baker? He has called for Cummings to go, and was completely for Brexit.

Ok. Let’s hope people do not have “underlying issues” when deciding on the best way forward. I remain sceptical and cynical but that is my way.
Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:01 - May 24 with 1322 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 15:09 - May 24 by jonesy

Ok. Let’s hope people do not have “underlying issues” when deciding on the best way forward. I remain sceptical and cynical but that is my way.

That’s fair enough, any criticism of his actions should be due to his actions of breaking the lockdown guidelines, unnecessarily, not on previous political or personal battles.

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:01 - May 24 with 1320 viewsD_Alien

BJ doing the update, rescheduled for 5pm today

There's only one thing i want to hear

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:05 - May 24 with 1307 views442Dale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:01 - May 24 by D_Alien

That the A66 will be a lovely road soon?

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:09 - May 24 with 1294 viewsD_Alien

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:05 - May 24 by 442Dale

That the A66 will be a lovely road soon?

That it'll help someone to get back to Durham, and stay there, permanently

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:10 - May 24 with 1288 viewsisitme

Family bubbles to be allowed from 1st June?
Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:11 - May 24 with 1276 viewsD_Alien

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:10 - May 24 by isitme

Family bubbles to be allowed from 1st June?

Not a fan of Michael Jackson, tbh

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:16 - May 24 with 1262 viewsisitme

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:11 - May 24 by D_Alien

Not a fan of Michael Jackson, tbh

Neither was Bubbles, allegedly!
Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:23 - May 24 with 1252 viewsMoonyDale

I'm afraid you won't hear it from Boris today, if we do I'll drop my pants on the town hall steps .... I've pretty much stayed away from politicising this crisis but yesterday and the reactions from most Tory MP,s has been disgusting, after having to self isolate myself through this sodding virus and still not going out and still following the rules by staying at home....Then you have this unelected self entitled fkwit swanning about because the rules apparently only apply to us and not them....Anyone from any political party should be sacked immediately for breaching lockdown rules, and anyone in power who supports him needs to go the same way.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:26 - May 24 with 1238 viewsTVOS1907

Does he understand SOHCAHTOA?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:35 - May 24 with 1208 views442Dale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:35 - May 24 with 1209 viewsTVOS1907

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:09 - May 24 by D_Alien

That it'll help someone to get back to Durham, and stay there, permanently

Adrian?

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:44 - May 24 with 1181 viewsD_Alien

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:35 - May 24 by TVOS1907

Adrian?

'Adrian's Wall? That's going too far

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:49 - May 24 with 1171 viewsTVOS1907

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:44 - May 24 by D_Alien

'Adrian's Wall? That's going too far

Not for some.

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:53 - May 24 with 1163 views442Dale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:49 - May 24 by TVOS1907

Not for some.

Four year olds need such trips for educational purposes. Only doing what any good parent would do. Case closed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024