Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid and the mentality of some! 19:36 - May 22 with 23978 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Well I finally ventured out for the first time since lockdown, mainly as I was missing decent sausages and know local butcher is strict on social distance and only 1 customer per time in the shop, 32 sausages in the freezer and other stuff no issues.

The mrs then decided we had to go to a mini Sainsbury’s for essentials, I headed in (she stayed in the car). Within 30 seconds I avoided 3 builders (no way related) rolling a cig with a homeless women, dodged that.

Got inside and nice 2 meter squares on the floor, within a minute a bloke probably mid 40’s walked right next to me to get his sausages and steak, I made a comment and he moved away and apologised. Just as he did a girl and lad in late teens walked straight through the middle of us, by then the air turned a little blue.

Those breaking the rule (other than the 1 guy) were average age low 20’s, everyone else was moving away, waiting and doing what was expected largely, and some more so.

The point is, we have the highest death rate in Europe, and that goes hand in hand with the highest level of dickheads and lowest level of general respect, add lack of allowable control from the police and, to a point governmental confusion.

Loads of things can be blamed but we are no longer a nation of shopkeepers, we are a nation of fcukwits, we need proper police control, fines, car seizures etc. Stop buggering about and do something about it, bombing Southend beach sadly is too extreme.

I won’t be heading out again for a long while. I genuinely wish I was German, or Dutch, or Australian, or ...........

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:10 - May 23 with 1711 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 08:52 - May 23 by D_Alien

There is absolutely a question to answer: that question is for Cummings to answer, and it's do i resign or wait to be sacked. If he's got the slightest amount of common sense (which his actions suggest he might not) he'll save his employer the trouble

No-one accused the SNP of being complicit in the actions of the Scottish CMO in travelling to her second home; just no need to go down that route

There are already government ministers backing Cummings, now that is wrong.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:19 - May 23 with 1676 views442Dale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:03 - May 23 by James1980

They are not going to sack Cummings. A few members of government have already come out in support of him. Its a tad scary too me they won't criticise him at all. How much power does this man have over them?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:29 - May 23 with 1660 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 11:34 - May 23 by rochdaleriddler

Did kinnock draw up the advice for everyone to avoid their family and only do essential journeys?. Your partisan support for all things Tory is getting silly. Cummings should resign

You make a very good point. The rules he broke, or at least bent, were drawn up with his input, though the Kinnocks like the Blairs are full of their own self importance and probably think not all laws apply to them. Kinnock though was part of the Commons when they supported the Government legislation.

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:36 - May 23 with 1636 views442Dale

Well, I think that getting in a mention about the A66 was the highpoint.

Completely embarrassing shambles.

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:41 - May 23 with 1622 viewsTVOS1907

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:36 - May 23 by 442Dale

A66, the road?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:44 - May 23 with 1615 viewsJames1980

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:41 - May 23 by TVOS1907

A66, the road?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-england-52784340

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:46 - May 23 with 1603 views442Dale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:41 - May 23 by TVOS1907

A66, the road?

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:54 - May 23 with 1581 viewsSaxonDale

Login to get fewer ads

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:59 - May 23 with 1564 viewsrochdaleriddler

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:36 - May 23 by 442Dale

Where is the prime minister?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:59 - May 23 with 1563 viewsTVOS1907

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:46 - May 23 by 442Dale

Oh.

I thought someone had asked him which road you take off the A1(M) when playing Darlington away.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Covid and the mentality of some! on 17:02 - May 23 with 1550 viewsD_Alien

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:59 - May 23 by rochdaleriddler

Seems to be applying a variation of lockdown rules specific to politicians

He's politically distancing

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Covid and the mentality of some! on 17:20 - May 23 with 1499 viewsrochdaleriddler

Covid and the mentality of some! on 17:02 - May 23 by D_Alien

Seems to be applying a variation of lockdown rules specific to politicians

He's politically distancing

He’s very good at it, if anything happens to Boris, I reckon whatever odds are on Shapps to replace him are not going to be high enough to warrant a 50 p bet

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Covid and the mentality of some! on 17:43 - May 23 with 1465 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Stuck up Cumming’s backside?

Covid and the mentality of some! on 17:48 - May 23 with 1449 viewsisitme

Maybe spending time with his newborn child?
Covid and the mentality of some! on 17:49 - May 23 with 1440 viewsrochdaleriddler

Covid and the mentality of some! on 17:48 - May 23 by isitme

He is not on paternity leave, that comes in June apparently

Covid and the mentality of some! on 17:51 - May 23 with 1422 views442Dale

Which is understandable. Though he’ll have checked with Cummings first whether it’s a bit too early to watch Peppa Pig.

Yes, understandable. However, the rest of this shitshow isn’t.

Covid and the mentality of some! on 18:06 - May 23 with 1389 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Or knobing that yank.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Covid and the mentality of some! on 18:16 - May 23 with 1368 viewsrochdaleriddler

Covid and the mentality of some! on 18:06 - May 23 by BigDaveMyCock

Or knobing that yank.

He is better known for being hands on with women rather than child rearing. At least he hasn’t denied this one is his or abandoned it yet

Covid and the mentality of some! on 18:22 - May 23 with 1354 viewsfrenzied

how did this story get leaked?

i feel that these stories and other random flouting of the rules by all and sundry are getting far too much air time...it only encourages others to flout the rules also...

Realistically 95% of the population are doing the very best they can ...Southend beach..masses of oiks gathering at beauty spots leaving a horrendous mess behind them...weve always had and will always have people who don't give a damn for rules..ie...drink driving yet people still do it with grave consequences.

Firing Cummings may pacify the general public but does it really deserve the press coverage its getting in respect to the situation we find ourselves in?
Covid and the mentality of some! on 18:52 - May 23 with 1310 viewsSandyman

Covid and the mentality of some! on 18:22 - May 23 by frenzied

i feel that these stories and other random flouting of the rules by all and sundry are getting far too much air time...it only encourages others to flout the rules also...

Realistically 95% of the population are doing the very best they can ...Southend beach..masses of oiks gathering at beauty spots leaving a horrendous mess behind them...weve always had and will always have people who don't give a damn for rules..ie...drink driving yet people still do it with grave consequences.

Firing Cummings may pacify the general public but does it really deserve the press coverage its getting in respect to the situation we find ourselves in?

In respect of your last sentence, yes it does. Many millions of people have gone through a lot during this pandemic one way or another, and made many sacrifices to keep safe and deal with family difficulties. Why should that unelected oik Cummings think those standards don't apply to him because he has some notion of "power" in his role? Seems he only operates on double standards, not decent ones. If he can't stick to "the message" , he has no place in Government, because he undermines Government at a time of crisis by his actions and hypocrisy.
Covid and the mentality of some! on 19:15 - May 23 with 1279 viewsrochdaleriddler

Covid and the mentality of some! on 18:22 - May 23 by frenzied

Millions of people have abided by the rules he helped create, they have missed important family events, milestone birthdays, funerals, not seen loved ones on borrowed time all for both self preservation and the greater good, he has stuck two fingers up. If he doesn’t go, why would anyone listen to govt advice ever again?

Covid and the mentality of some! on 19:24 - May 23 with 1262 views442Dale

It’s just a pity Roald Dahl isn’t about to ridicule them as well.

Covid and the mentality of some! on 19:35 - May 23 with 1251 viewsSandyman

Covid and the mentality of some! on 19:24 - May 23 by 442Dale

It’s just a pity Roald Dahl isn’t about to ridicule them as well.

As pointed out earlier, Cummings DID NOT follow the guidelines. Add Oliver Dowden to the list of liars.
Covid and the mentality of some! on 19:37 - May 23 with 1242 views442Dale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 20:38 - May 23 with 1173 viewsBartRowou

Covid and the mentality of some! on 19:37 - May 23 by 442Dale

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024