Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid and the mentality of some! 19:36 - May 22 with 24611 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Well I finally ventured out for the first time since lockdown, mainly as I was missing decent sausages and know local butcher is strict on social distance and only 1 customer per time in the shop, 32 sausages in the freezer and other stuff no issues.

The mrs then decided we had to go to a mini Sainsbury’s for essentials, I headed in (she stayed in the car). Within 30 seconds I avoided 3 builders (no way related) rolling a cig with a homeless women, dodged that.

Got inside and nice 2 meter squares on the floor, within a minute a bloke probably mid 40’s walked right next to me to get his sausages and steak, I made a comment and he moved away and apologised. Just as he did a girl and lad in late teens walked straight through the middle of us, by then the air turned a little blue.

Those breaking the rule (other than the 1 guy) were average age low 20’s, everyone else was moving away, waiting and doing what was expected largely, and some more so.

The point is, we have the highest death rate in Europe, and that goes hand in hand with the highest level of dickheads and lowest level of general respect, add lack of allowable control from the police and, to a point governmental confusion.

Loads of things can be blamed but we are no longer a nation of shopkeepers, we are a nation of fcukwits, we need proper police control, fines, car seizures etc. Stop buggering about and do something about it, bombing Southend beach sadly is too extreme.

I won’t be heading out again for a long while. I genuinely wish I was German, or Dutch, or Australian, or ...........

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Covid and the mentality of some! on 09:00 - May 23 with 1645 viewsroccydaleian

Covid and the mentality of some! on 08:57 - May 23 by D_Alien

Not heard about that roccy, what's the story?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/mar/29/stephen-kinnock-targeted-by-pol
Covid and the mentality of some! on 09:12 - May 23 with 1619 viewsNigeriamark

Covid and the mentality of some! on 22:12 - May 22 by Shun

As someone who’s been around the community every day since lockdown began, the traffic is without doubt increasing every day. The amount of people flouting the lockdown even in its strictest phase (usually young chavvy lads) was stupid. That a lot of people now seem like it’s time to act as normal again, social distancing be damned, is just frustrating.

I've done a few fairly long cycle rides in the last week or so & the amount of litter that seems to have been dumped or chucked out of the car window in country areas is unbelievable. The peak of the hill between Bacup & Tod has clearly been used by people to sit and eat, but then they seem to put rubbish in 1 bag, knot the top & leave it. The worst I have seen is when I cycled from Newhay to Huddersfield on Huddersfield road, and when you reach the tops there is rubbish every few yards it seems. Most of this is not at areas where cars would stop but has just been thrown out of the window. A big clean up job after all this I think
Covid and the mentality of some! on 10:00 - May 23 with 1564 viewsBartRowou

One thing that seems to have been overlooked in all this is how big his head is.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Covid and the mentality of some! on 10:28 - May 23 with 1526 views442Dale

This situation has introduced the world to the “justification culture” in its most exposed form. It’s something that has been pretty hidden in day to day life previously as everything else going on allowed that to happen, however in these strange times it is there for all to see.

I did this because they did it.
He did that because he had to do xyz.
She had to do that because of 123.
Why can he do that and I not do this?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Covid and the mentality of some! on 10:37 - May 23 with 1509 views442Dale

A case in point.

Covid and the mentality of some! on 10:58 - May 23 with 1477 viewsSandyman

Covid and the mentality of some! on 08:55 - May 23 by roccydaleian

If he goes, will Labour sack Stephen Kinnock?

If he goes will the Tories sack Robert Jenrick ?
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/breaking-tory-minister-defends-driving-21
Covid and the mentality of some! on 11:04 - May 23 with 1458 views442Dale

Forget the politics. See the people justifying.

So there we have it, caring for your family is not a crime. The nation will now all go round to see grandparents/cousins/uncles/sisters because apparently it’s ok as that bloke in the news did it and his mates said it isn’t wrong.

Covid and the mentality of some! on 11:07 - May 23 with 1457 viewsEllGazzell

If he goes, will LBC sack this creature:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/key-worker-nigel-farage-slapped-21958877

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Login to get fewer ads

Covid and the mentality of some! on 11:15 - May 23 with 1420 views442Dale

No politicising here. Just trying to sift through absolute nonsense.

Raab says: “ two parents with Coronavirus, were anxiously taking care of their young child”

The statement says: “ Owing to his wife being infected with suspected coronavirus and the high likelihood that he would himself become unwell, it was essential for Dominic Cummings to ensure his young child could be properly cared for.”

So which is right? Two parents with the virus or one who was infected with “suspected coronavirus”?
[Post edited 23 May 2020 11:16]

Covid and the mentality of some! on 11:19 - May 23 with 1408 viewsrochdaleriddler

Covid and the mentality of some! on 09:12 - May 23 by Nigeriamark

I've done a few fairly long cycle rides in the last week or so & the amount of litter that seems to have been dumped or chucked out of the car window in country areas is unbelievable. The peak of the hill between Bacup & Tod has clearly been used by people to sit and eat, but then they seem to put rubbish in 1 bag, knot the top & leave it. The worst I have seen is when I cycled from Newhay to Huddersfield on Huddersfield road, and when you reach the tops there is rubbish every few yards it seems. Most of this is not at areas where cars would stop but has just been thrown out of the window. A big clean up job after all this I think

I walked around baitings dam last week, the amount of litter in the path was staggering, people that obviously appreciate it is a nice spot to visit, but then leave their crap behind rendering it not a nice spot!
[Post edited 23 May 2020 11:19]

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Covid and the mentality of some! on 11:21 - May 23 with 1395 viewsrochdaleriddler

Covid and the mentality of some! on 11:15 - May 23 by 442Dale

No politicising here. Just trying to sift through absolute nonsense.

Raab says: “ two parents with Coronavirus, were anxiously taking care of their young child”

The statement says: “ Owing to his wife being infected with suspected coronavirus and the high likelihood that he would himself become unwell, it was essential for Dominic Cummings to ensure his young child could be properly cared for.”

So which is right? Two parents with the virus or one who was infected with “suspected coronavirus”?
[Post edited 23 May 2020 11:16]

In which case surely the extended family should have come to pick the child up, without interaction and staying over, not the infected family driving for hours

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Covid and the mentality of some! on 11:26 - May 23 with 1384 viewsroccydaleian

Covid and the mentality of some! on 10:58 - May 23 by Sandyman

If he goes will the Tories sack Robert Jenrick ?
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/breaking-tory-minister-defends-driving-21

Get rid of all three. My point is, if Labour call for his sacking, surely they must do the same to Kinnock, otherwise it’s complete hypocrisy.
Covid and the mentality of some! on 11:27 - May 23 with 1384 viewsjonesy

Covid and the mentality of some! on 11:07 - May 23 by EllGazzell

Excellent. Thank you. I can restart my comments about illegal migrants. Apparently the government has changed it’s rules about reporters travelling to now only cover Covid related topics. There are other things going on. Could this be censorship!! Shouldn’t we be told about other things?

Wake up to what is going on. Read the reports on the bbc Kent site.
Covid and the mentality of some! on 11:28 - May 23 with 1379 viewsDalenet

Covid and the mentality of some! on 09:12 - May 23 by Nigeriamark

Sadly this isn't new - its just that we normally pay the council staff to go pick it up every week. Only when those resources are tied up elsewhere do we spot it. I don't understand why people have lost respect for their own town/countryside. But that's another issue
Covid and the mentality of some! on 11:30 - May 23 with 1375 viewsroccydaleian

Covid and the mentality of some! on 11:07 - May 23 by EllGazzell

Don’t know and don’t care, I don’t listen to LBC and Nige’s work is done now as far as I’m concerned.
Covid and the mentality of some! on 11:31 - May 23 with 1372 views442Dale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 11:27 - May 23 by jonesy

Excellent. Thank you. I can restart my comments about illegal migrants. Apparently the government has changed it’s rules about reporters travelling to now only cover Covid related topics. There are other things going on. Could this be censorship!! Shouldn’t we be told about other things?

Why not add them to the other thread?

Covid and the mentality of some! on 11:33 - May 23 with 1370 viewsroccydaleian

Covid and the mentality of some! on 11:19 - May 23 by rochdaleriddler

I walked around baitings dam last week, the amount of litter in the path was staggering, people that obviously appreciate it is a nice spot to visit, but then leave their crap behind rendering it not a nice spot!
[Post edited 23 May 2020 11:19]

Not been past there for a while, is the car park open now?
Covid and the mentality of some! on 11:34 - May 23 with 1367 viewsrochdaleriddler

Did kinnock draw up the advice for everyone to avoid their family and only do essential journeys?. Your partisan support for all things Tory is getting silly. Cummings should resign

Covid and the mentality of some! on 11:36 - May 23 with 1361 viewsrochdaleriddler

Covid and the mentality of some! on 11:27 - May 23 by jonesy

Farage isn’t a journalist, he is CEO of the Brexit brand

Covid and the mentality of some! on 11:36 - May 23 with 1357 viewsroccydaleian

Covid and the mentality of some! on 11:34 - May 23 by rochdaleriddler

Did kinnock draw up the advice for everyone to avoid their family and only do essential journeys?. Your partisan support for all things Tory is getting silly. Cummings should resign

Can you point out where I’ve supported anyone on this subject please?
Covid and the mentality of some! on 11:37 - May 23 with 1347 viewsrochdaleriddler

Covid and the mentality of some! on 11:33 - May 23 by roccydaleian

Not been past there for a while, is the car park open now?

No, cars parked on the road, I only went there as it was so busy near the White House. Not that many people on the actual paths round

Covid and the mentality of some! on 11:40 - May 23 with 1335 viewsrochdaleriddler

Covid and the mentality of some! on 11:36 - May 23 by roccydaleian

Can you point out where I’ve supported anyone on this subject please?

In response to DA saying he should resign you brought kinnock into the argument, not really relevant as he isn’t advising the government

Covid and the mentality of some! on 11:47 - May 23 with 1315 viewsroccydaleian

Covid and the mentality of some! on 11:40 - May 23 by rochdaleriddler

In response to DA saying he should resign you brought kinnock into the argument, not really relevant as he isn’t advising the government

Where did I say he should resign? I pointed out Kinnock did something very similar and he’s still in his job. Both are guilty so both should face the same consequences. I haven’t supported anyone on this subject, so please stop accusing me of something I haven’t done.
Covid and the mentality of some! on 12:08 - May 23 with 1281 views442Dale

Have been impressed with this bloke so far. What a shame.

It’s noticeable to someone who doesn’t really get involved in the political debates on here, mainly because it isn’t my thing and I don’t claim to be as well informed as some, that, despite the odd hiccup, there’s little mention of the politics and definitely nobody on the thread who is trying to defend Cummings. Yet, it seems that those who do defend in positions of power are using the “scoring political points” stance to justify what has happened.

They really aren’t reading the public very well.

Covid and the mentality of some! on 12:47 - May 23 with 1236 viewsD_Alien

Covid and the mentality of some! on 12:08 - May 23 by 442Dale

Have been impressed with this bloke so far. What a shame.

It’s noticeable to someone who doesn’t really get involved in the political debates on here, mainly because it isn’t my thing and I don’t claim to be as well informed as some, that, despite the odd hiccup, there’s little mention of the politics and definitely nobody on the thread who is trying to defend Cummings. Yet, it seems that those who do defend in positions of power are using the “scoring political points” stance to justify what has happened.

They really aren’t reading the public very well.

But if you think about it, it isn't about politics at all, it's about human decency, and hypocrisy which all politicians engage in to some degree or other (not to mention everyone else)

This business involving Cummings is a particularly egregious example, and he should go

What i suspect will happen is he will go, but will continue to act as an adviser except behind the scenes instead of popping into Downing Street (and committees) in front of the cameras

[Post edited 23 May 2020 12:50]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024