Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid and the mentality of some! 19:36 - May 22 with 24740 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Well I finally ventured out for the first time since lockdown, mainly as I was missing decent sausages and know local butcher is strict on social distance and only 1 customer per time in the shop, 32 sausages in the freezer and other stuff no issues.

The mrs then decided we had to go to a mini Sainsbury’s for essentials, I headed in (she stayed in the car). Within 30 seconds I avoided 3 builders (no way related) rolling a cig with a homeless women, dodged that.

Got inside and nice 2 meter squares on the floor, within a minute a bloke probably mid 40’s walked right next to me to get his sausages and steak, I made a comment and he moved away and apologised. Just as he did a girl and lad in late teens walked straight through the middle of us, by then the air turned a little blue.

Those breaking the rule (other than the 1 guy) were average age low 20’s, everyone else was moving away, waiting and doing what was expected largely, and some more so.

The point is, we have the highest death rate in Europe, and that goes hand in hand with the highest level of dickheads and lowest level of general respect, add lack of allowable control from the police and, to a point governmental confusion.

Loads of things can be blamed but we are no longer a nation of shopkeepers, we are a nation of fcukwits, we need proper police control, fines, car seizures etc. Stop buggering about and do something about it, bombing Southend beach sadly is too extreme.

I won’t be heading out again for a long while. I genuinely wish I was German, or Dutch, or Australian, or ...........

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Covid and the mentality of some! on 15:19 - May 25 with 1657 viewsjonesy

Covid and the mentality of some! on 15:15 - May 25 by TVOS1907

Scunthorpe would have given it a three-year contract, but still got relegated.

😃
Covid and the mentality of some! on 15:42 - May 25 with 1629 viewsSandyman

Covid and the mentality of some! on 12:55 - May 25 by 442Dale

For a change we get to see the organ grinder not the monkey.
Covid and the mentality of some! on 15:42 - May 25 with 1623 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:45 - May 25 with 1566 views442Dale

He’s going to resign like Brierls said after all this, surely...

Edit: oh.
[Post edited 25 May 2020 16:50]

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:50 - May 25 with 1558 viewsMoonyDale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:45 - May 25 by 442Dale

Anyone who falls for this crock of shite isn't as intelligent as they think they are....He doesn't give two fooks the arrogant pr1ck..

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:57 - May 25 with 1539 views1949er

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:50 - May 25 by MoonyDale

Anyone who falls for this crock of shite isn't as intelligent as they think they are....He doesn't give two fooks the arrogant pr1ck..

Not one iota of remorse.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Covid and the mentality of some! on 17:05 - May 25 with 1509 views442Dale

How can one man have so much power to be able to conduct this absolute farce?

True colours showing through when he’s questioned.

Covid and the mentality of some! on 17:06 - May 25 with 1509 viewsisitme

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:50 - May 25 by MoonyDale

He really doesn't and in his mind he has annoyed the 'right people'.

I wonder what people will say about Leo Varadkar and his rule breaking?
Login to get fewer ads

Covid and the mentality of some! on 17:12 - May 25 with 1474 viewsMoonyDale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 17:06 - May 25 by isitme

He really doesn't and in his mind he has annoyed the 'right people'.

I wonder what people will say about Leo Varadkar and his rule breaking?

People in Ireland might have something to say about it but as it's not part of the UK I couldn't give a flying fk...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Covid and the mentality of some! on 17:39 - May 25 with 1417 viewssmaclad1

A carefully crafted statement. Plenty about his poor child which is supposed to tug at our heartstrings. To be honest, it sounds like his wife and child had nothing more than a stomach bug - perhaps she should have taken medical advice first? Threats had been made against him - he is a senior, high profile figure working at the heart of government and it beggars belief that if the Met Police had been told they would not have assigned security to him. People are angry because the press have told lies - what 'lies' or inaccuracies have the press published, tell us; and in any event, whether inaccuracies have been published or not he has not denied the core reason why people are angry. His constant referencing that "I stayed at home" - no you didn't, you were holed up at a holiday home 260 miles from home.

What he did was wrong. He packed up and b*ggered off somewhere nice to sit things out for a week or two. OK, so he got ill along the way. But so did a lot of people - some died, some were weeks in ICU, most stayed at home and recovered. They did not interpret advice to suit themselves and clear off.
Covid and the mentality of some! on 17:43 - May 25 with 1409 views442Dale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 17:44 - May 25 with 1409 viewsBartRowou

I'm no optician but if I were, I would not recommend going for a drive to see if one's eyesight has improved.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Covid and the mentality of some! on 19:29 - May 25 with 1315 views442Dale

Johnson now saying reasonable people can’t disagree with what Cummings did while dismissing questions about it.

They’re really prepared to hammer this “move on now” message. Which will undoubtedly happen, with numbers hopefully continuing to fall and this incident not affecting that. But as has already been said: never forgive, never forget.

Covid and the mentality of some! on 19:56 - May 25 with 1275 viewsjonahwhereru

Cummings drove 30 miles to test his eyesight - UNBELIEVABLE

Johnson says: no one from No10 has done anything to undermine our messages - UNBELIEVABLE

They has shat on the court that really counts, public opinion.

Taxi for both of them in my view.
Covid and the mentality of some! on 20:11 - May 25 with 1257 views442Dale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 20:17 - May 25 with 1244 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 17:39 - May 25 by smaclad1

A carefully crafted statement. Plenty about his poor child which is supposed to tug at our heartstrings. To be honest, it sounds like his wife and child had nothing more than a stomach bug - perhaps she should have taken medical advice first? Threats had been made against him - he is a senior, high profile figure working at the heart of government and it beggars belief that if the Met Police had been told they would not have assigned security to him. People are angry because the press have told lies - what 'lies' or inaccuracies have the press published, tell us; and in any event, whether inaccuracies have been published or not he has not denied the core reason why people are angry. His constant referencing that "I stayed at home" - no you didn't, you were holed up at a holiday home 260 miles from home.

What he did was wrong. He packed up and b*ggered off somewhere nice to sit things out for a week or two. OK, so he got ill along the way. But so did a lot of people - some died, some were weeks in ICU, most stayed at home and recovered. They did not interpret advice to suit themselves and clear off.

He whinges on about the press lies, bet he doesn’t mind when under his influence the press lie to support his beliefs.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Covid and the mentality of some! on 20:26 - May 25 with 1230 viewsfinberty

Dom - nailed it.
Covid and the mentality of some! on 20:30 - May 25 with 1219 viewsBrierls

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:45 - May 25 by 442Dale

Within the first minute, just by his tone, you could see this wasn’t a resignation. I couldn’t bring myself to watch Boris’ briefing after that.

What an utter fcuking shambles. They do not give a toss, not in the slightest.
Covid and the mentality of some! on 20:40 - May 25 with 1203 views442Dale

Thing is, they might see it out as anger subsides with time. It’s when anyone is a constant source of ridicule that it’s hard to turn the tide.

Covid and the mentality of some! on 20:53 - May 25 with 1173 viewsD_Alien

Covid and the mentality of some! on 19:29 - May 25 by 442Dale

Johnson now saying reasonable people can’t disagree with what Cummings did while dismissing questions about it.

They’re really prepared to hammer this “move on now” message. Which will undoubtedly happen, with numbers hopefully continuing to fall and this incident not affecting that. But as has already been said: never forgive, never forget.

BJ started off today's briefing very tentatively, but finished it with his usual ebullience, particularly after the press questions

I believe he thinks this is now done and dusted, all bar a bit more noise from the press

It'll be a matter of debate for years to come, especially when it comes to people voting at local and then national elections, so it's up to everyone whether they forget and/or forgive several years down the line, with all the water that'll pass under the bridge in the meantime

DC's statement and Q&A raised some pretty crucial insights into how he interacts with the PM on a daily basis, essentially acting as a gatekeeper on what BJ gets to hear and deal with. That in itself was worth hearing, not least in view of DC seeming to indicate he himself makes constant decisions about those things that he decides not to pass up to BJ

Hmmm..

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Covid and the mentality of some! on 21:28 - May 25 with 1099 viewsrochdaleriddler

Covid and the mentality of some! on 19:56 - May 25 by jonahwhereru

Cummings drove 30 miles to test his eyesight - UNBELIEVABLE

Johnson says: no one from No10 has done anything to undermine our messages - UNBELIEVABLE

They has shat on the court that really counts, public opinion.

Taxi for both of them in my view.

Utter contempt for the proletariat

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Covid and the mentality of some! on 21:30 - May 25 with 1095 viewsmightydale

Must of hurt a nerve there, but bless you've reported me again.

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Covid and the mentality of some! on 21:34 - May 25 with 1171 viewsBrierls

Covid and the mentality of some! on 15:04 - May 25 by BigDaveMyCock

Even though it’s not happened yet, I think this will be an excellent summary.

This aged well
Covid and the mentality of some! on 21:38 - May 25 with 1150 viewsrochdaleriddler

Covid and the mentality of some! on 21:30 - May 25 by mightydale

Must of hurt a nerve there, but bless you've reported me again.

I haven’t you dipstick
Edit. I have now though
[Post edited 25 May 2020 21:39]

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Covid and the mentality of some! on 21:38 - May 25 with 1147 viewsBrierls

U OK hun?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024