Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Training ground facility 09:03 - Jun 8 with 3000 viewsJames1980

Thought a separate thread might be worthwhile to discuss the merits of having our own dedicated training ground.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Training ground facility on 09:11 - Jun 8 with 2989 viewsDaleyBrent

Great idea for a thread. I’ll start. In my opinion this would be the biggest leap as a football club we’ll ever make. It catapults our status to a new level.

The training ground becomes the hub of everything we do as a football club. For so long we’ve begged, borrowed and stole our way to being an established League 1 team. This can only go on for so long.

I, for one really hope BBM is given a input into the design/feel of the training ground (if all goes ahead) to give us a long term strategy and identity.

What other benefits Does this have?

- A home for our fledging academy. Surely we’ll develop even better players and attract more talented north west youngsters.
- A big commercial opportunity, especially for off season when income dwindles.
- Should attract bigger and better players to our football club.

If Altman/Marcelli/Bottomley/Kilpatrick can get this over the line they can have freedom of the town for me.

Hope this posts pins some positivity in such negative times.
Training ground facility on 09:34 - Jun 8 with 2943 viewsjudd

I think the training ground facility is part of the Russell Homes development in Heywood and will be a community project.

I was talking to an architect involved with the development on Friday and he told me there was a multi-pitch facility included.

I think it is also in the public domain. I'll try and search for it.

We have seemed settled for training facilities at Redbrook, but there is always room for improvement.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Training ground facility on 09:42 - Jun 8 with 2933 viewselectricblue

Didnt Rochdale council offer land or something in the persuit of a training ground not so long ago.

Training facilities dont come cheap and outside investment is currently the only way and then there is the up keep..

What would the facilities consist of !
Physio treatment room.
Gym.
Changing rooms.
Inside pitch
Outside pitches.
Outside lighting.
Car park.
Thats just the tip of the iceberg......

Owning their own training facilities is a must these days and not just for player development..

Another thought if the council offered help would they want the facilities to be shared with the hornets.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Training ground facility on 09:58 - Jun 8 with 2894 viewsisitme

Training ground facility on 09:34 - Jun 8 by judd

I think the training ground facility is part of the Russell Homes development in Heywood and will be a community project.

I was talking to an architect involved with the development on Friday and he told me there was a multi-pitch facility included.

I think it is also in the public domain. I'll try and search for it.

We have seemed settled for training facilities at Redbrook, but there is always room for improvement.

There is this which gives some information:

https://russellhomes.co.uk/corporate/land/land-development-2
Training ground facility on 10:03 - Jun 8 with 2872 viewsTalkingSutty

Training ground facility on 09:42 - Jun 8 by electricblue

Didnt Rochdale council offer land or something in the persuit of a training ground not so long ago.

Training facilities dont come cheap and outside investment is currently the only way and then there is the up keep..

What would the facilities consist of !
Physio treatment room.
Gym.
Changing rooms.
Inside pitch
Outside pitches.
Outside lighting.
Car park.
Thats just the tip of the iceberg......

Owning their own training facilities is a must these days and not just for player development..

Another thought if the council offered help would they want the facilities to be shared with the hornets.

I’d love a new training complex but how would we pay for it initially and then how would we fund the weekly upkeep of it, we can’t even look after one pitch never mind two or three. Extra coaching staff, catering, groundstaff, rates, utility bills, maintenance etc. We would have to do all of that while possibly playing in League Two in front of 1500 crowds. How could we than also fund the first team? It’s not that I don’t want a training complex it’s just that I don’t think we can afford it without outside investment, who will probably want something back in return for their money.
Training ground facility on 13:02 - Jun 8 with 2692 viewsboromat

A training complex is a must if the club is to progress. It just has to be well thought out and sustainable.

The initial investment is one thing but the running costs are another. The aim surely should be a training centre that can also bring in its own income.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Training ground facility on 13:12 - Jun 8 with 2672 viewsmikehunt

If the training ground facilities could be opened up for hire: 5-a-side leagues and so forth. And somewhere for outdoor events to be held: concerts and the like. That could help fund it.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Training ground facility on 14:27 - Jun 8 with 2581 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Presume we could use it for Reserve/youth fixtures etc and possibly save on playing at Non League venues?

Do we not have a fairly active Womens Football set up at Dale.....this is the future. Get's kids interested and the Club might unearth it's own local Kiera Walsh
Login to get fewer ads

Training ground facility on 15:08 - Jun 8 with 2514 viewsrochedale

No reason why a training complex with 4G AstroTurf can’t be monetised, certainly with the imminent closure of the Soccer Village.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Training ground facility on 17:35 - Jun 8 with 2375 viewsBrierls

Training ground facility on 10:03 - Jun 8 by TalkingSutty

I’d love a new training complex but how would we pay for it initially and then how would we fund the weekly upkeep of it, we can’t even look after one pitch never mind two or three. Extra coaching staff, catering, groundstaff, rates, utility bills, maintenance etc. We would have to do all of that while possibly playing in League Two in front of 1500 crowds. How could we than also fund the first team? It’s not that I don’t want a training complex it’s just that I don’t think we can afford it without outside investment, who will probably want something back in return for their money.

TS sums it up perfectly.

While it would be great to have our own training facility, it is a financial burden we can do without when we have decent alternatives. If the club does attract outside investment then it may become a viable option.
Training ground facility on 17:38 - Jun 8 with 2365 viewsjudd

Training ground facility on 17:35 - Jun 8 by Brierls

TS sums it up perfectly.

While it would be great to have our own training facility, it is a financial burden we can do without when we have decent alternatives. If the club does attract outside investment then it may become a viable option.

I think the Russell Homes development comes with major community involvement and should, I would imagine, avoid the financial burden if it were a Carrington, for example.

Training ground facility on 18:02 - Jun 8 with 2316 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Training ground facility on 17:38 - Jun 8 by judd

I think the Russell Homes development comes with major community involvement and should, I would imagine, avoid the financial burden if it were a Carrington, for example.

The issue re the Russell home’s development is would Dale own the land the land the training ground was built on? If it’s a no then we’re paying for a lease presumably?
Training ground facility on 18:15 - Jun 8 with 2291 viewsjudd

Training ground facility on 18:02 - Jun 8 by Plattyswrinklynuts

The issue re the Russell home’s development is would Dale own the land the land the training ground was built on? If it’s a no then we’re paying for a lease presumably?

Not sure of the deal, but AK was pretty upbeat about it at the forum, which was encouraging.

Training ground facility on 20:02 - Jun 8 with 2198 viewsRAFCBLUE

Training ground facility on 18:15 - Jun 8 by judd

Not sure of the deal, but AK was pretty upbeat about it at the forum, which was encouraging.

Here is the April 2020 update, judd:

https://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/news/south-heywood-masterplan-moves-forward/

The Market Report and Viability statement:
https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/uploads/f1/news/document/2018315_18154.pdf

The football area as designated by the Section 106 is Phase 7A I believe:

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Training ground facility on 20:12 - Jun 8 with 2174 viewsjudd

Training ground facility on 20:02 - Jun 8 by RAFCBLUE

Here is the April 2020 update, judd:

https://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/news/south-heywood-masterplan-moves-forward/

The Market Report and Viability statement:
https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/uploads/f1/news/document/2018315_18154.pdf

The football area as designated by the Section 106 is Phase 7A I believe:

Cheers

Training ground facility on 10:00 - Jun 9 with 1979 viewsjonahwhereru

A training ground would be top of my WISH list, but sure it needs to be affordable and that is the crux of the problem. A purpose built facility in the borough on a peppercorn rent would be the dream.
It can’t help attract players when they are taken to Springfield park to view the training facilities. I know what you are going to say, but the point is our lack of facilities do not sell the club to anyone. Not even Dan the man.
Training ground facility on 10:09 - Jun 9 with 1968 viewsDaleiLama

BFC had an enviable training facility. Now they have neither a team nor a home. If and when we can afford one, great. Until such a time, let's put it in pending with BMB's test drive of a Lamborghini and construction of the royal box at Spotland. Speaking of which, any news on the new pitch construction or does it have to wait until after today's EFL decision? This is much further up our wish list in my eyes. Let's see what's left in the kitty after it's finished.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Training ground facility on 20:36 - Jun 9 with 1699 views49thseason

Training ground facility on 10:00 - Jun 9 by jonahwhereru

A training ground would be top of my WISH list, but sure it needs to be affordable and that is the crux of the problem. A purpose built facility in the borough on a peppercorn rent would be the dream.
It can’t help attract players when they are taken to Springfield park to view the training facilities. I know what you are going to say, but the point is our lack of facilities do not sell the club to anyone. Not even Dan the man.

Springfield Park?
Training ground facility on 20:42 - Jun 9 with 1685 views442Dale

Training ground facility on 20:36 - Jun 9 by 49thseason

Springfield Park?

BBM has spoken very highly about the facilities at the cricket club now. Would say it has zero impact on recruitment, especially as the sort of players who expect a state of the art facility will probably be wanting huge wages too.

The advantages would be having a permanent base for ALL sections of the club and a community facility which could earn money. But the costs of that cannot ever impact the rest of the club. The world has literally changed since it was discussed last at the forum, so who knows what the next move would be. If the status quo remains, we know we have a decent facility at RCC.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Training ground facility on 23:07 - Jun 15 with 1335 viewsJames1980

Have we missed out on signing players for the academy due to the facilities?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024