Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Retained list 11:18 - Jun 10 with 12909 viewsDaleEdchup

I presume we will hear this soon now that the season has concluded. Who are we all hoping stays?

Cheers

DaleEdChup (78)
Retained list on 11:21 - Jun 10 with 6377 viewsjudd

Yeah.

You're keeping the groundsman.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Retained list on 11:33 - Jun 10 with 6337 viewskel

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/

You’re welcome.
Retained list on 11:34 - Jun 10 with 6318 viewsTVOS1907

Still here?

Cheers

TVOS (1907)

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Retained list on 11:49 - Jun 10 with 6278 viewsDareToCalvin

Good question DaleEdChup, expecting it to be released any day now. The following players are out of contract:
Lillis (I think we'll release)
McLaughlin (I think we'll release because as good as he is he appears to be too injury prone to be worth keeping, especially in the current climate)
MJ (offer a deal, still a good player for us and has more to give)
Calvin (I think we'll release)
Camps (offer a deal, wouldn't blame him if he doesn't take it though, he deserves an opportunity to test himself at a higher level)
Wilbraham (depends if he's retiring, if not I'd be happy to give him another year)
Bradley (release)
Gillam (release)
Tavares (I'd give him another year)
Hopper (release)
Henderson (praying he stays to finally get that record)
Retained list on 14:26 - Jun 10 with 6031 viewsDaleEdchup

Retained list on 11:49 - Jun 10 by DareToCalvin

Good question DaleEdChup, expecting it to be released any day now. The following players are out of contract:
Lillis (I think we'll release)
McLaughlin (I think we'll release because as good as he is he appears to be too injury prone to be worth keeping, especially in the current climate)
MJ (offer a deal, still a good player for us and has more to give)
Calvin (I think we'll release)
Camps (offer a deal, wouldn't blame him if he doesn't take it though, he deserves an opportunity to test himself at a higher level)
Wilbraham (depends if he's retiring, if not I'd be happy to give him another year)
Bradley (release)
Gillam (release)
Tavares (I'd give him another year)
Hopper (release)
Henderson (praying he stays to finally get that record)

I think we are on the same sort of page although we haven’t really seen enough of the young lads yet so I’d like to see them stay. Hoping Camps will stay.

Cheers

DaleEdChup (78)
Retained list on 14:50 - Jun 10 with 5957 viewsDaleiLama

We were thinking of chaining Hendo to some railings. But we aren't quite in the Joy Division yet. Have you had any others on your detained list? Surely SD1 is due for a set of handcuffs soon too courtesy of the fraud squad?

#pondlifematters

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Retained list on 15:09 - Jun 10 with 5902 viewsYadHoDale

For me
Lillis - release. Good keeper but seems to be out of favour
McLaughlin - release, too many injuries
MJW - good player, but we're overstocked in midfield. Keep if Callum Camps leaves, otherwise release
Camps - retain, but IMHO likely to move on anyway
Wilbraham - release. Good but 40+ years old
Andrew - keep. Younger and more versatile than Wilbraham, may need someone who can play both up front and as late defensive reinforcement off the bench
Hendo - offer three year deal: a seat on the board and the keys to the town hall.
Bradley/Hopper/Tavares - 6 month deals
Gillam. Might be worth 6 months to see if he can convert to full back. Perhaps.

As far as loanees go, I doubt if RND or Bobby Sanchez or young Luke will be available. Tyler Smith might be though and possibly Rekeil Pyke if he can stay fit.

For recruitment, we need a goal scorer and a full back. Tyler Smith might be the first, while going back to last season I thought Jack Iredale had a good game against us in the League Cup for Carlisle.
Retained list on 15:17 - Jun 10 with 5877 viewsSuddenLad

Keep AndrewS? Not a chance. No explanation is necessary.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

Retained list on 15:24 - Jun 10 with 5860 views442Dale

If the situation is still uncertain around when next season will start, we could release them all with provisional offers made to those BBM wants to keep so they know we may re-sign them.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Retained list on 15:33 - Jun 10 with 5831 viewsChaffRAFC

Retained list on 15:09 - Jun 10 by YadHoDale

For me
MJW - good player, but we're overstocked in midfield. Keep if Callum Camps leaves, otherwise release
Andrew - keep. Younger and more versatile than Wilbraham, may need someone who can play both up front and as late defensive reinforcement off the bench
Hendo - offer three year deal: a seat on the board and the keys to the town hall.

As far as loanees go, I doubt if RND or Bobby Sanchez or young Luke will be available. Tyler Smith might be though and possibly Rekeil Pyke if he can stay fit.

For recruitment, we need a goal scorer and a full back. Tyler Smith might be the first, while going back to last season I thought Jack Iredale had a good game against us in the League Cup for Carlisle.

Keep Andrew? Not a chance. Literally offers nothing anymore. Been a good loyal servant over the years but times time.

Lillis - Release, not rated by manager and no longer suits our style of play

McLaughlin - Release, good player but more injuries than the NHS

MJW - Release, too soft in midfield, not offered enough

Camps - Offer new two year deal

Wilbraham - Release, done his bit for Dale, still better than Andrew but younger legs needed

Andrew - Release immediately

Hendo - Offer new deal, however long he wants

Bradley/Hopper/Tavares - Release all three if they're even out of contract

Gillam - Release

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Retained list on 15:38 - Jun 10 with 5795 viewsTVOS1907

For me

I thought Pyke might do OK in the season just ended and while there is something there, we just didn't see it often enough, so I'm not sure why you think he could be worth another (third) look.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Retained list on 16:04 - Jun 10 with 5732 viewstony_roch975

Retained list on 15:38 - Jun 10 by TVOS1907

I thought Pyke might do OK in the season just ended and while there is something there, we just didn't see it often enough, so I'm not sure why you think he could be worth another (third) look.

Yes there is. Pyke came as a central striker but we played him out wide bar bar 30 mins I think (& wrongly he sometimes showed his frustration) - if we didn't want him in his best position I'm not sure why we loaned him; suspect that's partly down to BBM's struggle to identify his best formation & certainly there'd be no point offering a 3rd look in that same wide position.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Retained list on 16:17 - Jun 10 with 5687 viewsNorthernDale

I thought Pyke was far too soft and avoided getting involved in the box. Smith showed a lot more promise and would be a potential long-term prospect.

Lillis - would be a good goalkeeping coach (keep on the playing staff)
Mcloughlin - he is a good footballer, but sadly is always injured. (release)
Williams - he as the potential to be a decent midfielder, but does not show his ability (I would still keep)
Camps - keep and seek to develop him into the new Hendo (when operated up front at the start of the season, he scored a number of goals, then was dropped back into midfield)
Hendo - keep
Bradley and Tavares - keep, I think Bradley has potential, given game time and Tavares needs to get some weight on and build up his upper body strength, then I can see him becoming a better goal scorer.
Hopper - release
Wilbraham - keep
Gillam - when he played fullback in the cup, he looked okay and the potential to develop him in this role is something to consider, but will BBM take the chance or not - I imagine he will go.

One factor is to consider is the potential rule about having a smaller squad with a certain number of home grown players in the squad.
Andrew - release
Retained list on 16:20 - Jun 10 with 5668 viewsCreepy

Retained list on 15:33 - Jun 10 by ChaffRAFC

Keep Andrew? Not a chance. Literally offers nothing anymore. Been a good loyal servant over the years but times time.

Wilbraham - Release, done his bit for Dale, still better than Andrew but younger legs needed

Gillam - Release

This. Great minds and that Chaff !!
Retained list on 16:53 - Jun 10 with 5567 viewsBrierls

Gillam - Release

Agree on all but Wilbraham. There’s life in the old dog yet.
Retained list on 17:13 - Jun 10 with 5517 viewsboromat

Gillam - Release

Bradley/Hopper/Tavares might be all worth keeping on for a season. Still young and won't be on much. Apart from that think I agree with you. You can put so e soft arguments together for some of them but I think the player market this year should hopefully mean we could improve slot of those positions.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Retained list on 17:37 - Jun 10 with 5465 viewsD_Dale

And it's the case that a dozen or so players are already contracted for at least one season?:

Jay Lynch
Jim McNulty
Matt Lund
Jimmy Ryan
Matt Done
Eoghan O'Connell
Stephen Dooley
Paul McShane
Aaron Morley
Jimmy Keohane
Ollie Rathbone
Kwadwo Baah
Retained list on 17:49 - Jun 10 with 5417 viewsBigDaveMyCock

For me

Have you been at the Windowlene again?

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Retained list on 17:51 - Jun 10 with 5393 viewsNigeriamark

Retained list on 17:37 - Jun 10 by D_Dale

And it's the case that a dozen or so players are already contracted for at least one season?:

Jay Lynch
Jim McNulty
Matt Lund
Jimmy Ryan
Matt Done
Eoghan O'Connell
Stephen Dooley
Paul McShane
Aaron Morley
Jimmy Keohane
Ollie Rathbone
Kwadwo Baah

That's actually a decent core squad if they remained injury free. Add Hendo and 4 or 5 more & we are getting somewhere. A lack of pace and full backs stands out from that group
Retained list on 17:54 - Jun 10 with 5402 viewsjonahwhereru

Think MJW is the sort of player BBM likes. Careful in possion and can pick a decent pass. Would not be surprised if he gets al least another year.
At CH he is very much a makeshift, can’t have him in that role.
Retained list on 18:01 - Jun 10 with 5379 viewsdawlishdale

I'll be amazed if we keep anyone who isn't contracted. sadly, I fear that Henderson has played his last game for us, which will be very sad. I think the recent situation will bite hard on the playing side, and there will be plenty of other clubs releasing most of their squads.
Retained list on 18:46 - Jun 10 with 5274 viewsisitme

Retained list on 17:51 - Jun 10 by Nigeriamark

That's actually a decent core squad if they remained injury free. Add Hendo and 4 or 5 more & we are getting somewhere. A lack of pace and full backs stands out from that group

We have been crying out for pace for years.
Retained list on 18:53 - Jun 10 with 5254 views1907

For me

Thank God you’re not in charge of recruitment
Retained list on 19:48 - Jun 10 with 5096 viewsShun

I do wonder what effect the current environment, and the likely lower squad sizes and lesser contracts handed out next season, will have on Henderson’s decision whether to stay or go.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2020 19:48]
Retained list on 21:00 - Jun 10 with 4951 viewsDaleiLama

Retained list on 18:46 - Jun 10 by isitme

We have been crying out for pace for years.

NML was the last Dale player with real speed, though Luke was deceptively fast for his relatively diminutive stature.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024