Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club Statement 10:04 - Feb 24 with 16192 viewsdale1968

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/february/statement_board-of-directors_24

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Club Statement on 17:13 - Feb 24 with 3847 viewsTomRAFC

It's interesting that Altman and Marcelli becoming directors was described as an "invitation". Previous correspondence from the club relating to them was frosty at best, granted that was a while ago. Have relationships improved? Have they bought more shares? Or is it simply a case of needs must?

The previous suggestion of zero interest loans needs to be cleared up ASAP. Two unknown characters being able to sell a chunk of the club and have us pay them back for the privilege is a big risk.

With Mr Kelly as new interim chair, two new directors, and increased scrutiny from the fans, the club may be under as much pressure for a vote of confidence in the CEO as they were for a vote of confidence in BBM.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Club Statement on 17:46 - Feb 24 with 3691 viewstony_roch975

These were my questions last Summer, they may still be relevant?

QUESTIONS FOR THE TRUST
To ask the Board:
How many/which other investors have you held discussions with?
Why have you now invited Altman/Marcelli to join the Board having turned down their earlier approach?
Are you aware of any transfers of shares since June 2020 and if so how many and to whom?
How will the stadium be protected with any incoming investor?
What other avenues to bring in investment have you considered?
What factors will influence when the AGM/EGM be reconvened — could it be held virtually?

To ask Altman/Marcelli
How many more shares do you want to buy?
At what price?
What’s the cost of the proposals in your statement?
Where will the balance of funding for those proposals come from?
If it’s through loans how will those investors see a ‘return’?
Against what would any loans to the Club be secured?
Do you want to become directors of the Club?
Are you looking for a partnership or a controlling interest?
How would the tensions between a ‘Sporting Director’ and a ‘Manager’ be resolved?

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Club Statement on 17:51 - Feb 24 with 3666 views442Dale

Club Statement on 17:46 - Feb 24 by tony_roch975

QUESTIONS FOR THE TRUST
To ask the Board:
Why have you now invited Altman/Marcelli to join the Board having turned down their earlier approach?
Are you aware of any transfers of shares since June 2020 and if so how many and to whom?
What factors will influence when the AGM/EGM be reconvened — could it be held virtually?

To ask Altman/Marcelli
At what price?
How would the tensions between a ‘Sporting Director’ and a ‘Manager’ be resolved?

Would possibly suggest that you send them to the Trust and request they forward to the club to be answered at the forum/via their usual routes when they have meetings with the club. All Trust members should consider exploring this route as the Trust themselves have emphasised that they welcome such interaction from supporters. With that in mind, the following was sent to the Trust earlier:

Hi,

In advance of the fans forum, will the Trust be going out to members with information on what questions they want answering on behalf of the fanbase as well as welcoming questions from members that they will send in?

If all these questions are unable to be answered on the night can a commitment be agreed with the club to answering ALL questions sent via the Trust? (similar to the usual ‘Questions for the board’ meetings that would take place - there hasn’t been one this season)

Also, will the Trust be able to provide information about what they knew/know about the changes at boardroom level, especially around the introduction of newer board members? Presumably, as per the Memorandum of Understanding, this will have been discussed
https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2019/01/mou-signed-between-trust-and-club/

As ever, thank you all for the work you do and apologies if this covers some work already done/planned which will be notified to supporters via your website.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Club Statement on 17:52 - Feb 24 with 3671 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Club Statement on 10:43 - Feb 24 by Frog

RAFC’s technical staff have had exclusive access to smarterscout’s complete database since December 2019, as well as tactical analysis of opposing teams during this season.

That's helped then.

That database needs binning right now......
Club Statement on 17:54 - Feb 24 with 3664 viewsRippDale

Club Statement on 17:46 - Feb 24 by tony_roch975

QUESTIONS FOR THE TRUST
To ask the Board:

To ask Altman/Marcelli
At what price?

It feels like our club has become a play thing for a bunch of individuals. BBM for his football philosophy and player development with a disregard for results. DB for his ego trip. The Americans for their statistical programme development. All for personal gains rather than the best for the club. Worrying times.
Club Statement on 18:23 - Feb 24 with 3554 viewssurb_dale

Club Statement on 17:52 - Feb 24 by Yorkshire_Dale

Most people agree that the signings BBM has made have on the whole been a success. If the Smarterscout software has been available since Dec 2019 you could determine that this has played a part in identifying the individuals weve signed so to me this is proving helpful.

In terms of tactical analysis of the opposition i'd argue that the failings are more down to the manager failing to produce and implement suitable game plans and tactics to counter the opposition.

To me this is the biggest frustration that us fans have with BBM is that he is tactically one dimensional, naive and failing in the main to allow players to play to their strengths. In particular Morley and Rathbone.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2021 18:24]
Club Statement on 18:46 - Feb 24 with 3446 viewsnordenblue

Club Statement on 18:23 - Feb 24 by surb_dale

Most people agree that the signings BBM has made have on the whole been a success. If the Smarterscout software has been available since Dec 2019 you could determine that this has played a part in identifying the individuals weve signed so to me this is proving helpful.

In terms of tactical analysis of the opposition i'd argue that the failings are more down to the manager failing to produce and implement suitable game plans and tactics to counter the opposition.

To me this is the biggest frustration that us fans have with BBM is that he is tactically one dimensional, naive and failing in the main to allow players to play to their strengths. In particular Morley and Rathbone.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2021 18:24]

His signings can be as good as you like on paper or as individual players, whilst he's so tactically inept we are far from getting the best out of any of them.....
Club Statement on 19:17 - Feb 24 with 3345 viewsblackdogblue

Perhaps there is an interim vacancy here...

Junior “explain the media hype and keep the fan base appeased whilst we sort out what the fook is going on with the boardroom battles” advocate of diplomacy and cryptic press releases (so pick the bones out if it) secretary.

The role comes with a typewriter

On the BBM subject, in any other club the dreaded vote of confidence means lose on Saturday & you are getting BFH.. bullseye 😀

Who’s George Delves as our new Club Secretary, have I missed that one?

And go back to another post, new kit launch will be all white ... we surrender every time a team gets a corner or a set piece...

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Login to get fewer ads

Club Statement on 19:28 - Feb 24 with 3337 viewsBrierls

Club Statement on 17:52 - Feb 24 by Yorkshire_Dale

The database doesn't decide or implement the tactics or 'philosophy'. I think BBM's signings, on the whole, have been pretty good considering the budget he's working with.

Maybe Altman should develop 'smartermanager' to complement 'smarterscout'.
Club Statement on 19:29 - Feb 24 with 3309 viewsTVOS1907

Club Statement on 19:17 - Feb 24 by blackdogblue

Perhaps there is an interim vacancy here...

Junior “explain the media hype and keep the fan base appeased whilst we sort out what the fook is going on with the boardroom battles” advocate of diplomacy and cryptic press releases (so pick the bones out if it) secretary.

The role comes with a typewriter

On the BBM subject, in any other club the dreaded vote of confidence means lose on Saturday & you are getting BFH.. bullseye 😀

Who’s George Delves as our new Club Secretary, have I missed that one?

And go back to another post, new kit launch will be all white ... we surrender every time a team gets a corner or a set piece...

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/february/georgedelves_clubsecretary/

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Club Statement on 19:30 - Feb 24 with 3326 viewsBarrowdale

Club Statement on 19:28 - Feb 24 by Brierls

The database doesn't decide or implement the tactics or 'philosophy'. I think BBM's signings, on the whole, have been pretty good considering the budget he's working with.

Maybe Altman should develop 'smartermanager' to complement 'smarterscout'.

This!
Club Statement on 20:08 - Feb 24 with 3168 viewsblackdogblue

Club Statement on 19:29 - Feb 24 by TVOS1907

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/february/georgedelves_clubsecretary/

👍 thanks for the reminder, lost track of new starters

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Club Statement on 05:58 - Feb 25 with 2762 viewsDiddyDave

Lots to ponder in the last week or so then. Kilpatrick walks "for personal reasons",would those reasons be because there`s big pressure from other board members to get the Yanks in and he didn`t want that?
Somebody said the club is skint,so why would a bloke who`s been at Chester for a couple of years as general manager want to come to Dale as secretary,not forgetting he must`ve come with a pay rise or it wouldn`t have been worth the move?
I`m no businessman,wish I was,but we all know Americans don`t do anything unless there`s a dollar in it for them,which to me indicates eventually money from RAFC will be going across the Atlantic never to be seen again. Can this club survive money going out of the coffers for no benefit to the club or team?
People say desperate times make for desperate measures,maybe we`re fast approaching that with these two new directors and their so called scouting business in America,for the life of me I can`t see any benefit in that seeing as football is not exactly the number one sport over there for men.
Good luck Andrew Kelly,as good a man as you could wish for,just hope he won`t be the next out the door because he`s already stated he doesn`t want full American control of his club.
Club Statement on 07:41 - Feb 25 with 2644 viewsseasidedale

Sure things have been reviewed and changed otherwise mr Kelly would have walked and not become chairman, the Americans have a long association with “soccer” so maybe if we can get glory with them on board it’s a feather in their cap for them and lead to furthering their careers
I am not advocating an American turnover just wanting my club to be successful so who know what the future holds
[Post edited 25 Feb 2021 7:42]
Club Statement on 08:57 - Feb 25 with 2525 viewspioneer

Club Statement on 05:58 - Feb 25 by DiddyDave

Lots to ponder in the last week or so then. Kilpatrick walks "for personal reasons",would those reasons be because there`s big pressure from other board members to get the Yanks in and he didn`t want that?
Somebody said the club is skint,so why would a bloke who`s been at Chester for a couple of years as general manager want to come to Dale as secretary,not forgetting he must`ve come with a pay rise or it wouldn`t have been worth the move?
I`m no businessman,wish I was,but we all know Americans don`t do anything unless there`s a dollar in it for them,which to me indicates eventually money from RAFC will be going across the Atlantic never to be seen again. Can this club survive money going out of the coffers for no benefit to the club or team?
People say desperate times make for desperate measures,maybe we`re fast approaching that with these two new directors and their so called scouting business in America,for the life of me I can`t see any benefit in that seeing as football is not exactly the number one sport over there for men.
Good luck Andrew Kelly,as good a man as you could wish for,just hope he won`t be the next out the door because he`s already stated he doesn`t want full American control of his club.

You have to wonder ‘why Rochdale?

Hard tothink of another club with a lower ceiling than us. I have been a fan since mid 60s and shareholder since 70s but if I came into big money I wouldn’t ‘invest’ in Spotland. I always viewed my shareholding as a donation not an investment. No chance of me ever getting my money back.

Not like those from Trumpistan to not want a return.
Club Statement on 09:11 - Feb 25 with 2511 viewsJames1980

Club Statement on 08:57 - Feb 25 by pioneer

Hard tothink of another club with a lower ceiling than us. I have been a fan since mid 60s and shareholder since 70s but if I came into big money I wouldn’t ‘invest’ in Spotland. I always viewed my shareholding as a donation not an investment. No chance of me ever getting my money back.

Has the club been hyped up as having sleeping giant potential.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Club Statement on 09:18 - Feb 25 with 2500 viewsHK_Dale

Club Statement on 08:57 - Feb 25 by pioneer

Any chance we could tone down the generalisations and general Xenophobia?

It's reasonable to be skeptical and question the intention / objective of new board members and investors, but not sure we need to tie that to them being "American, so all they're after is money, etc."

I fully agree the investment and approach should be scrutinised carefully (mentioned earlier in this thread) but the nationalist overtones in some of the comments detract from these perfectly valid questions, in my opinion...
Club Statement on 09:41 - Feb 25 with 2447 viewstony_roch975

Club Statement on 09:11 - Feb 25 by James1980

Has the club been hyped up as having sleeping giant potential.

in a way - it's solvent which is key, because it doesn't need investment for 'running costs' so any new money will have an impact and if they can show a benefit from their software at a small club like ours that will give them a great USP
[Post edited 25 Feb 2021 9:42]

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Club Statement on 09:46 - Feb 25 with 2440 viewsVivaDonaldo

Club Statement on 09:18 - Feb 25 by HK_Dale

It's reasonable to be skeptical and question the intention / objective of new board members and investors, but not sure we need to tie that to them being "American, so all they're after is money, etc."

I fully agree the investment and approach should be scrutinised carefully (mentioned earlier in this thread) but the nationalist overtones in some of the comments detract from these perfectly valid questions, in my opinion...

100% agree with the xenophobia. We've seen it here with the Americans and fleetingly, perhaps jokingly, with the Irish sentiment in other threads. Let's make points without resorting to stereotypes.

Regarding the investment opportunity? I'd imagine we represent the lowest cost opportunity to prove their analytical methodology.

After all, if it can work for a club like Dale, imagine what it could do when properly integrated at a larger club with an international reach on transfers?

For those who think he had his chance at Swansea. It seems as though it wasn't followed to the extent that Dan Altman wanted it to be and his system and the tactical side of it seems to have evolved since then.

It's most definitely worth exploring, but with caution.
Club Statement on 10:23 - Feb 25 with 2351 viewsdawlishdale

Another take on this might be that we are offer them an inexpensive (relatively speaking) investment opportunity. Of course; it's highly risky for them, but less so than a club saddled with borrowings.

They could in theory gain overall control of us for around half a million....which must represent one of the lowest priced debt free clubs in any of the top 5 divisions.
Club Statement on 10:50 - Feb 25 with 2265 views49thseason

I think the attraction is that our business model seems to be predicated on bringing young players into the team and selling them on. If , with Dan's help, we can do that successfully and at scale, it would be huge for a club of this size. The ability to spot talent earlier or at least as early as many of the Premiership clubs that seem to hoover up kids for fun could make us a go-to shop window for a wide range of UK and overseas clubs. The more players it works for, the more income it generates and the more players we can bring in. BBM gets a deeper, more talented squad, the club actually starts making money and we get to watch racehorses rather than donkeys... Happy days . Eventually this will require new training facilities, possibly accommodation blocks, and a host of people to look after youngsters. But... it is a big IF this works.

Having Dan in a position to influence this process is a big plus in my view as he gets to call the shots , not just ask politely, hence his original demand for 51%. If he has pulled back from that and is prepared to work with the rest of the Board , this could become something really special. The club needs this to work, we the fans need it to work, and the town needs it to work.

I wonder if Richard Tang fancies the chairman's job?
Club Statement on 13:19 - Feb 25 with 2088 viewsAtThePeake

Club Statement on 05:58 - Feb 25 by DiddyDave

Don't even know where to start with this.

Tangled up in blue.

Club Statement on 13:34 - Feb 25 with 2020 views442Dale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/february/andrewkelly_danaltmanemremarcel

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Club Statement on 14:30 - Feb 25 with 1913 viewsUpThe00Dale

Club Statement on 09:46 - Feb 25 by VivaDonaldo

100% agree with the xenophobia. We've seen it here with the Americans and fleetingly, perhaps jokingly, with the Irish sentiment in other threads. Let's make points without resorting to stereotypes.

Regarding the investment opportunity? I'd imagine we represent the lowest cost opportunity to prove their analytical methodology.

After all, if it can work for a club like Dale, imagine what it could do when properly integrated at a larger club with an international reach on transfers?

For those who think he had his chance at Swansea. It seems as though it wasn't followed to the extent that Dan Altman wanted it to be and his system and the tactical side of it seems to have evolved since then.

It's most definitely worth exploring, but with caution.

Agreed, I can't help but think that if a foreign investor wanted to come and take over a club in England, Rochdale would be one of the last ones to approach in the Football League. Especially since they've been around the club in whatever format for this long.

On that side of the club I think it could exciting but I think we need to make sure it's us staying in this League that's the main factor and they can hopefully put some cash in themselves to see improvements player wise.

Like most people have said the recruitment has actually been pretty good but we don't have any strength in depth because of the money available. We're probably bottom 1/2 budgets in the league (As usual).
Club Statement on 11:41 - Feb 26 with 1240 viewsR17ALE

Club Statement on 09:18 - Feb 25 by HK_Dale

I think it's worth mentioning that whilst American, Dan Altman is also a British citizen. I'm not leaning one way or the other, but the facts are the facts.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024