Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale 17:41 - Mar 1 with 37535 viewsChaffRAFC

Match Preview: Hull City v Rochdale 1st Mar 2021 17:14
Dale take on Hull City this week after an awful set of results that have piled the pressure on manager Brian Barry-Murphy as Dale head closer and closer to the drop zone. 0

Refwatch: Hull City v Rochdale 1st Mar 2021 19:00
Referee James Bell will be the man in the middle for Dale’s game at Hull on Tuesday night. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:16 - Mar 2 with 2928 views442Dale

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:10 - Mar 2 by 49thseason

When did you watch Bryson? My recollection was he hardly ever played, well not often enough to form an opinion, Rather like Richard Green.
What I do recall more clearly is that football used to be grown men getting stuck in and only passing to the keeper as a last resort. I am sick of it now, referees who have obviously never played football in their lives at any level, rules changing for no apparent reason other than to cause sendings off and penalties thus favouring bigger squads and wealthier clubs.
No one wants to watch sterile passing for 90 minutes, people pay to see goals , action, lung busting sprints down the wings. we all love to win, but there are ways of losing that are OK too. Not like this tripe, with no attacking intent, no width until the 75th minute, no pace , everyone afraid to do something unusual, don't lose the ball, pass it backwards. No crosses, no tackles, no one capable of taking a man on until they unleash the sheep .... Baah ... Humbug!

Whilst agreeing that modern football has taken a turn for the worst and that I’m all for looking back fondly at the past, let’s not pretend some of that football was awful. And they only passed back to the keeper to hoof it when they didn’t hoof it themselves.

Bryson played 39 games that season and started every game for five months from late August.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:17 - Mar 2 with 2897 viewsSandyman

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:08 - Mar 2 by judd

Ok, so. Tea? Gwan, gwan, gwan

I'll pay....
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:17 - Mar 2 with 2906 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:15 - Mar 2 by DMR90

It’s worth watching his post match interviews on iFollow rather than YouTube as they’re longer and you often get journalists asking questions in addition to those from club staff. Saturdays interview was interesting with a BBC RM journalist calling the situation’a mess’ which BBM didn’t agree with

I expect our YouTube channel to be renamed iswallow.*

*I don’t

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:17 - Mar 2 with 2907 viewsdingdangblue

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:03 - Mar 2 by judd

It’s like an episode of Father Ted

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:21 - Mar 2 with 2869 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:10 - Mar 2 by 49thseason

When did you watch Bryson? My recollection was he hardly ever played, well not often enough to form an opinion, Rather like Richard Green.
What I do recall more clearly is that football used to be grown men getting stuck in and only passing to the keeper as a last resort. I am sick of it now, referees who have obviously never played football in their lives at any level, rules changing for no apparent reason other than to cause sendings off and penalties thus favouring bigger squads and wealthier clubs.
No one wants to watch sterile passing for 90 minutes, people pay to see goals , action, lung busting sprints down the wings. we all love to win, but there are ways of losing that are OK too. Not like this tripe, with no attacking intent, no width until the 75th minute, no pace , everyone afraid to do something unusual, don't lose the ball, pass it backwards. No crosses, no tackles, no one capable of taking a man on until they unleash the sheep .... Baah ... Humbug!

Bryson - 62 appearances in two seasons with the club, including 51 starts.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:26 - Mar 2 with 2813 viewsSteveo473

I have watched 95% of games this season, tonight I couldn't contemplate watching another game with BBM at the helm, clueless tactics and complete and utter lack of any enjoyment or entertainment. For the sake of the fans and future of the club PLEASE Board make a change now, otherwise we are even more doomed than we are already. BBM has give it a go and good luck to him, but its time to change course and fast. The forum next week should be interesting. I would like some stats from the club which outline the purchase of ifollow tickets through the course of the season week on week and income from the club shop etc. We all know the outcome so how can any business justify sailing towards the end of a massive waterfall and not bothering to take action. Absolutely gutted at the situation.
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:29 - Mar 2 with 2768 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:26 - Mar 2 by Steveo473

I have watched 95% of games this season, tonight I couldn't contemplate watching another game with BBM at the helm, clueless tactics and complete and utter lack of any enjoyment or entertainment. For the sake of the fans and future of the club PLEASE Board make a change now, otherwise we are even more doomed than we are already. BBM has give it a go and good luck to him, but its time to change course and fast. The forum next week should be interesting. I would like some stats from the club which outline the purchase of ifollow tickets through the course of the season week on week and income from the club shop etc. We all know the outcome so how can any business justify sailing towards the end of a massive waterfall and not bothering to take action. Absolutely gutted at the situation.

Perhaps BBM is carrying out instructions?

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:30 - Mar 2 with 2751 viewsSteveo473

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:29 - Mar 2 by judd

Perhaps BBM is carrying out instructions?

Such as?
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:34 - Mar 2 with 2704 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:30 - Mar 2 by Steveo473

Such as?

As we are seeing

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:37 - Mar 2 with 2681 viewsupthedale2403

I would love an explanation as to what tactical difference he was making on the game bringing done on so late
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:37 - Mar 2 with 2680 viewsSteveo473

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:34 - Mar 2 by judd

As we are seeing

If true, who knows what's happening. Just some honest straight talking from the board wouldnt be too much to ask it's what the fans deserve
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:49 - Mar 2 with 2605 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:01 - Mar 2 by Sandyman

"the appetite and application for the game from the lads was brilliant, and we know going forward if we can repeat that over and over again we'll finish the season very well". Surreal, madness.

[Post edited 2 Mar 2021 22:03]

Surely he must be aware of the criticism he receives for such comments. Does he need to watch the games back on Ifollow to see what we are seeing? Are we missing this brilliance and commitment on display because we are not there to witness it. Would having Beesley, Lund, Rathbone, Dooley, Vale and Ryan available led to a different result?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:49 - Mar 2 with 2606 views49thseason

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:21 - Mar 2 by TVOS1907

Bryson - 62 appearances in two seasons with the club, including 51 starts.

Was he the one with the knackered knees who came from a stellar career at Preston? Wasn't he like 35 when he arrived ? Sorry , he didn't make a notable impression on me at all. So 51 starts from a possible 92 about every other game then? And he managed a goal too, impressive!
Just had a look at the barrow team for 1997

Edwards Barlow, Hill, Monington Bayliss, Johnson, Pender, Jones, Stuart, Lancashire, Painter, There are 11 there that would be better than what we have right now.
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:56 - Mar 2 with 2570 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:49 - Mar 2 by 49thseason

Was he the one with the knackered knees who came from a stellar career at Preston? Wasn't he like 35 when he arrived ? Sorry , he didn't make a notable impression on me at all. So 51 starts from a possible 92 about every other game then? And he managed a goal too, impressive!
Just had a look at the barrow team for 1997

Edwards Barlow, Hill, Monington Bayliss, Johnson, Pender, Jones, Stuart, Lancashire, Painter, There are 11 there that would be better than what we have right now.

There wouldn't have been if you'd found a team with Bailey, Farrell and Leonard in!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:59 - Mar 2 with 2563 viewsJimmyRustler

It’s sickening to think that those at the top are happy to let this continue. We were never gonna get anything tonight but the style of play is equivalent to footballing syphilis.

I’m also starting to question how nice of a guy BBM actually is after those post match comments. How good of a bloke can you be when you lie to the fans so brazenly and willingly week after week?**

**in the unlikely event that he genuinely believes in what he’s saying then he needs a shrink ASAP
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 23:10 - Mar 2 with 2491 viewsDaleFan7

He's getting into Hill's delusion stage now. All he has to do is have a go at the fans and then he'll have the full set. Maybe that's the club's criteria for sacking the manager, if so we'll have to wait until August (hopefully).
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 23:23 - Mar 2 with 2422 viewsBrierls

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 21:59 - Mar 2 by 442Dale

It may be wishful thinking but I sense a shift in tone. BBM has gone from very relaxed to having a bit of emotion in his voice and coming across as under pressure.

Maybe his position isn’t as solid as we think.
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 23:36 - Mar 2 with 2369 viewsSandyman

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 23:23 - Mar 2 by Brierls

It may be wishful thinking but I sense a shift in tone. BBM has gone from very relaxed to having a bit of emotion in his voice and coming across as under pressure.

A perceptively observed nuance, Brierls, but he still talking out of his a**e
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 23:38 - Mar 2 with 2359 viewsjacko_dale

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 23:23 - Mar 2 by Brierls

I thought the same when I listened to his pre-match interview the BBC posted on Twitter. Sounded like he had a bit of fight in him which might run off on the players, although two red cards in two games wasn't quite what I was thinking of!
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 23:58 - Mar 2 with 2290 viewsShun

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 20:56 - Mar 2 by D_Alien

It's still not too late, if the board make the required change

I'm not expecting them to, btw

Absolutely. A few people across here and social media have said it's too late. I'm not buying that. There are 14 games left and we're only 2 points from safety, having only just fallen into the bottom 4 for the second time all season.

Yes, we have tough fixtures coming up, but when Burton changed manager (albeit one who'd had previous success there) they beat Hull and Charlton. When Hill was sacked we had a similar amount of games left, were in a worse position, and ended up finishing quite comfortably in the end. It's not too late for a change.
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 00:12 - Mar 3 with 2255 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 23:36 - Mar 2 by Sandyman

A perceptively observed nuance, Brierls, but he still talking out of his a**e

His interviews are as unwatchable as his football

If i were a player in his squad, i'd have stopped listening quite some time ago

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 01:36 - Mar 3 with 2135 viewsAtThePeake

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 23:38 - Mar 2 by jacko_dale

I thought the same when I listened to his pre-match interview the BBC posted on Twitter. Sounded like he had a bit of fight in him which might run off on the players, although two red cards in two games wasn't quite what I was thinking of!

BBM mentioned in that clip that the players have 'changed the dynamic and the perception of where we should be by their performances.' He isn't wrong, because at one point earlier this season I felt we should finish relatively comfortably above the relegation zone with the way we were playing. Now I think we will finish several points adrift at the bottom of the table.

In isolation, that wasn't a terrible performance tonight, at least not until the 2nd Hull goal, but the wider picture is one win in 15, 1 win in 20 home games and 0 goals in 5 games. To me, that's indefensible. I have no idea how or why he is still the manager of the football club.

I'm so utterly fed up of watching us at the minute. It takes some doing to be a low point of a week stuck inside during lockdown, but Dale are somehow managing to be the two lowest points of every week at the moment, so fair play.

Tangled up in blue.

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 04:09 - Mar 3 with 2088 viewsjacko_dale

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 01:36 - Mar 3 by AtThePeake

BBM mentioned in that clip that the players have 'changed the dynamic and the perception of where we should be by their performances.' He isn't wrong, because at one point earlier this season I felt we should finish relatively comfortably above the relegation zone with the way we were playing. Now I think we will finish several points adrift at the bottom of the table.

In isolation, that wasn't a terrible performance tonight, at least not until the 2nd Hull goal, but the wider picture is one win in 15, 1 win in 20 home games and 0 goals in 5 games. To me, that's indefensible. I have no idea how or why he is still the manager of the football club.

I'm so utterly fed up of watching us at the minute. It takes some doing to be a low point of a week stuck inside during lockdown, but Dale are somehow managing to be the two lowest points of every week at the moment, so fair play.

Your second paragraph makes for painful reading, but you've nailed it and summed up my thoughts exactly. There was a time when I'd wake up to watch Tuesday night matches (3/4am kick off here in China), but these days I even struggle to motivate myself for a Saturday game knowing it's going to be the same old dross.
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 04:24 - Mar 3 with 2077 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:49 - Mar 2 by James1980

Surely he must be aware of the criticism he receives for such comments. Does he need to watch the games back on Ifollow to see what we are seeing? Are we missing this brilliance and commitment on display because we are not there to witness it. Would having Beesley, Lund, Rathbone, Dooley, Vale and Ryan available led to a different result?

Nope as the boy BBM hasn't the foggiest of how to use any of them, he needs to stop talking out of his arse
[Post edited 3 Mar 2021 5:16]
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 06:42 - Mar 3 with 1986 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 04:24 - Mar 3 by nordenblue

Nope as the boy BBM hasn't the foggiest of how to use any of them, he needs to stop talking out of his arse
[Post edited 3 Mar 2021 5:16]

Some of the results and performances when he had more of the squad to choose from would suggest otherwise.
Maybe a question for the forum should be 'what specifically are you classing as brilliant Brian after getting defeated once again? Because the fans are struggling to see what you see and the players don't look like they are feeling all that brilliant either'

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024