Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EFL statement about Rochdale AFC 15:15 - Jul 12 with 7436 viewsSandyman

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/july/efl-statement_rochdaleafc/
EFL statement about Rochdale AFC on 15:21 - Jul 12 with 6210 viewsfinberty

"...not doing so renders...the Club...subject to misconduct"

That's very nice. So a furtive exercise, conducted from what might be an illegal and criminal starting point, can be attributed to the Club?

Fine work by whichever current or former incumbent of the Club is implicated in all this.

Couldn't be a lifelong fan, could it?
EFL statement about Rochdale AFC on 15:50 - Jul 12 with 6028 viewsboromat

Sounds like the EFL are putting up a fight. Maybe their checks and processes have improved since the demise of Bury.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

EFL statement about Rochdale AFC on 16:01 - Jul 12 with 5938 viewsRAFCBLUE

"That includes the requirement that approval, as set out in Appendix 3 of the Regulations (the Owners’ and Directors’ Test), must be obtained from the EFL before acquisition of control, and not doing so renders both the Club and individuals concerned subject to misconduct."

One of those requirements is for any prospective new owner to attend interview at the EFL.

Only the EFL can signoff a takeover and not the club.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

EFL statement about Rochdale AFC on 16:10 - Jul 12 with 5880 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

EFL statement about Rochdale AFC on 16:01 - Jul 12 by RAFCBLUE

"That includes the requirement that approval, as set out in Appendix 3 of the Regulations (the Owners’ and Directors’ Test), must be obtained from the EFL before acquisition of control, and not doing so renders both the Club and individuals concerned subject to misconduct."

One of those requirements is for any prospective new owner to attend interview at the EFL.

Only the EFL can signoff a takeover and not the club.

The interview isn't a requirement unless requested by the EFL from what I've read. The club would only be in trouble if they have done something wrong. At the moment that is not the case.
EFL statement about Rochdale AFC on 16:25 - Jul 12 with 5763 viewsjudd

Seems like correct procedure has not yet been followed.

You would think the agent representing these prospective new owners would know how to proceed in the correct manner.

Poll: What is it to be then?

EFL statement about Rochdale AFC on 16:29 - Jul 12 with 5724 viewsDaleiLama

EFL statement about Rochdale AFC on 16:25 - Jul 12 by judd

Seems like correct procedure has not yet been followed.

You would think the agent representing these prospective new owners would know how to proceed in the correct manner.

Perhaps he hasn't been to his PO box recently to collect the latest guidance. He seems to have been too busy promoting himself on YouTube

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

EFL statement about Rochdale AFC on 16:35 - Jul 12 with 5678 viewsjudd

EFL statement about Rochdale AFC on 16:29 - Jul 12 by DaleiLama

Perhaps he hasn't been to his PO box recently to collect the latest guidance. He seems to have been too busy promoting himself on YouTube

Unless, of course, there is no change of control because the share acquisition is below 50.1%

EFL statement about Rochdale AFC on 16:37 - Jul 12 with 5641 viewsSuddenLad

It makes a welcome change to see the EFL being pro-active in a situation like this and making it known that nothing is happening until all requirements are met.

They are actually doing what they should always do and are protecting a member club from suspect or dubious outfits, who are perhaps looking to prey on them.

The EFL also include the proviso that if anyone at RAFC signs any kind of document in advance of EFL authorisation, then the club will be open to disciplinary proceedings. Can't ever see that happening.

Feeling reassured.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

EFL statement about Rochdale AFC on 16:53 - Jul 12 with 5554 viewsTalkingSutty

EFL statement about Rochdale AFC on 16:37 - Jul 12 by SuddenLad

It makes a welcome change to see the EFL being pro-active in a situation like this and making it known that nothing is happening until all requirements are met.

They are actually doing what they should always do and are protecting a member club from suspect or dubious outfits, who are perhaps looking to prey on them.

The EFL also include the proviso that if anyone at RAFC signs any kind of document in advance of EFL authorisation, then the club will be open to disciplinary proceedings. Can't ever see that happening.

Feeling reassured.

Agree with that,it’s a strange one this,anything associated with Jarvis will always put the EFL on red alert and ensure they dig very deep, his reputation goes before him. Jarvis was the character involved at Barnsley last year which caused major ructions and I seem to think he has been involved elsewhere. Everything he touches causes the EFL major problems.Then we have Bottomley’s involvement in everything. If these fellas do end up getting over the line I think we can be assured they will have been thoroughly checked,there is that about it. If things do go pear shaped further down the line, should they be successful, then as a club i think we could hold the EFL to account.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2021 17:03]
EFL statement about Rochdale AFC on 17:08 - Jul 12 with 5476 viewsHarry_Dale

Been watching recent events from a distance, and have been kept in the loop. I don’t know what to make of this statement:

- should we be happy the EFL are seemingly coming out fighting?

Or

- should we be absolutely petrified it has got to this stage?

I’m unsure, but all I know is that for the EFL to get involved, it’s pretty big on their radar. They don’t put a statement out for nothing! Something of which our potential investors should be vary of!
EFL statement about Rochdale AFC on 17:10 - Jul 12 with 5457 viewsDaleiLama

EFL statement about Rochdale AFC on 16:35 - Jul 12 by judd

Unless, of course, there is no change of control because the share acquisition is below 50.1%

And long may it stay that way.

The current distribution of shares remains a concern though. Too many in the hands of those who no longer seem to want them.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

EFL statement about Rochdale AFC on 17:15 - Jul 12 with 5420 viewsBrierls

An EFL statement about individual clubs is usually a worrying sign, but this one reads like they are keeping a close eye on this situation and being very clear that Curran is not endorsed/approved in any way. Not yet, anyway.

It's great that the Club and Trust are in dialog with the EFL.

It may be harsh and completely unfounded or baseless, but I don't want Curran anywhere near our club. The attention this intended takeover is generating is music to my ears.
EFL statement about Rochdale AFC on 17:32 - Jul 12 with 5305 viewsjonahwhereru

EFL statement about Rochdale AFC on 16:53 - Jul 12 by TalkingSutty

Agree with that,it’s a strange one this,anything associated with Jarvis will always put the EFL on red alert and ensure they dig very deep, his reputation goes before him. Jarvis was the character involved at Barnsley last year which caused major ructions and I seem to think he has been involved elsewhere. Everything he touches causes the EFL major problems.Then we have Bottomley’s involvement in everything. If these fellas do end up getting over the line I think we can be assured they will have been thoroughly checked,there is that about it. If things do go pear shaped further down the line, should they be successful, then as a club i think we could hold the EFL to account.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2021 17:03]

Agree with you entirely on this TS.
Is very interesting to me the EFL have decided to put a further statement out. Their role is around due diligence, rather than keeping the public updated about potential takeovers.
So I am drawn to asking why they have chosen to give another update. Now I am one of the bluntest tools in the box, but I can only think of 3 reasons for doing this. 1) they felt the current board should have said more by now, and decided to step into the vacuum or 2) they have the hump with those orchestrating the take over and are pushing them to draw this to a close. 3) they have all but made their mind up, subject to more information being provided, and are preparing the ground for a rejection.
Can only see this intervention as a positive, without getting carried about it being the beginning of the end for a take over.
EFL statement about Rochdale AFC on 17:48 - Jul 12 with 5205 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Good stuff in my book.....tends to suggest that at last the EFL have given the "2 fingers to the eyes" gesture....".we've got your number" to both the Club (dodgy officials) and even dodgier fast buckers.
EFL statement about Rochdale AFC on 17:50 - Jul 12 with 5199 viewsBrissleSTFC

Greetings folks from Brissle... I bet its raining up there aint it? Every time I've been your place, it rained.

We've been following your proposed take over from afar and all I can say for the EFL to come out with a statement like that must be music to them ears of yours. Wish they done it for us cos you know we are in a mess. Don not let Rose, Curran or any of them loud mouth wide boys near your club. They will destroy you... come down ere an av a look.

Best of brissle luck and hope EFL help you's
EFL statement about Rochdale AFC on 17:52 - Jul 12 with 5181 viewsJames1980

EFL should introduce a rule that clubs and prospective buyers cannot enter into non disclosure agreements.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

EFL statement about Rochdale AFC on 18:03 - Jul 12 with 5105 viewsjudd

EFL statement about Rochdale AFC on 17:50 - Jul 12 by BrissleSTFC

Greetings folks from Brissle... I bet its raining up there aint it? Every time I've been your place, it rained.

We've been following your proposed take over from afar and all I can say for the EFL to come out with a statement like that must be music to them ears of yours. Wish they done it for us cos you know we are in a mess. Don not let Rose, Curran or any of them loud mouth wide boys near your club. They will destroy you... come down ere an av a look.

Best of brissle luck and hope EFL help you's

Oh it's raining all right.

Have both these chaps been involved with Swindon?

EFL statement about Rochdale AFC on 18:04 - Jul 12 with 5100 viewsboromat

EFL statement about Rochdale AFC on 17:32 - Jul 12 by jonahwhereru

Agree with you entirely on this TS.
Is very interesting to me the EFL have decided to put a further statement out. Their role is around due diligence, rather than keeping the public updated about potential takeovers.
So I am drawn to asking why they have chosen to give another update. Now I am one of the bluntest tools in the box, but I can only think of 3 reasons for doing this. 1) they felt the current board should have said more by now, and decided to step into the vacuum or 2) they have the hump with those orchestrating the take over and are pushing them to draw this to a close. 3) they have all but made their mind up, subject to more information being provided, and are preparing the ground for a rejection.
Can only see this intervention as a positive, without getting carried about it being the beginning of the end for a take over.

The other reason they may have made a public statement is because of how critical everyone has been of the EFL in the past with situations like this. It could be a good opportunity for them to show publicly that they are now much more diligent. Obviously proof will be in the pudding

EFL statement about Rochdale AFC on 18:36 - Jul 12 with 4925 viewsBrissleSTFC

EFL statement about Rochdale AFC on 18:03 - Jul 12 by judd

Oh it's raining all right.

Have both these chaps been involved with Swindon?

Yep they have and boy are we paying the price.. We had son Taylor Curran here and they were saying that some finances stuff went on... they used to get in games and drink large. I think they was like directors but not proper ones... if you know what I mean.

Keep em well away my friends, well away.

You boys been on to Ste Mytton and the trust? Be worthwhile me thinks
EFL statement about Rochdale AFC on 18:54 - Jul 12 with 4822 viewsjudd

EFL statement about Rochdale AFC on 18:36 - Jul 12 by BrissleSTFC

Yep they have and boy are we paying the price.. We had son Taylor Curran here and they were saying that some finances stuff went on... they used to get in games and drink large. I think they was like directors but not proper ones... if you know what I mean.

Keep em well away my friends, well away.

You boys been on to Ste Mytton and the trust? Be worthwhile me thinks

We had heard of Mr Currans links via his son playing.

Has Mr Rose also been involved?

EFL statement about Rochdale AFC on 09:58 - Jul 13 with 4040 viewsboromat

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57809218

More press now on the Beeb.

EFL statement about Rochdale AFC on 10:04 - Jul 13 with 4010 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Good. The more publicity the better. Could deter any other chancers lurking out there. Hope the EFL use our case to mend their reputation as custodians of football as opposed to inept bureaucrats.
EFL statement about Rochdale AFC on 11:03 - Jul 13 with 3866 viewsDalenet

Did anybody local write to Tony Lloyd, and if so, what was his response?
EFL statement about Rochdale AFC on 11:13 - Jul 13 with 3816 viewsD_Alien

EFL statement about Rochdale AFC on 11:03 - Jul 13 by Dalenet

Did anybody local write to Tony Lloyd, and if so, what was his response?

Yes, and...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

EFL statement about Rochdale AFC on 12:48 - Jul 13 with 3529 viewsTomRAFC

Andy Curran doesn't like being in the public domain and I have full faith in our board. With all that in mind, I'm vary happy with the EFL statement. Anything likely to ward him off is more than welcome.

Hopefully someone can convince Kilpatrick or the American's to renege on the deal and sell to fans/someone associated with the club.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024