Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Salford vs Dale 13:44 - Oct 19 with 17830 viewsD_Dale

With some six hours to kick-off there seems not to be much pre-match comment on this forum (apart from the ref's travel expenses).

Is Hendo due to play? Since being subbed on 11 September he's made no appearances. But ex-Dale Eastham and Lund look likely to start.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2021 13:47]
Salford vs Dale on 23:48 - Oct 19 with 3197 viewsboromat

Salford vs Dale on 23:18 - Oct 19 by judd

How good were Lund and Eastham?

Agree keeper our MoM.

Fans on Twitter saying Co'K lucky not to be red carded. Any thoughts on why?

It was an off the ball incident I missed it as the ball had well gone. He got a booking so the ref must have seen it.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Salford vs Dale on 00:00 - Oct 20 with 3151 viewsspringfieldparka

Do we need some perspective here ?

Two months ago we were lucky to have a league football club after the appalling mismanagement of the former Board and revered manager . A new board and Stockdale committed to enhancing our prospects with a very limited budget within which to work . As a result we've invested in a very young (and presumably relatively) cheap squad for the current season .

Given that stark reality I have little sympathy with those who choose to criticise after every game . The latest result of a 0-0 draw agaianst the moneybags of the division was a massive boost to me as an exile until I've read the vitriolic criticism of our young defenders who delivered a clean sheet at the end of the game .

I was delighted with a point out of the game but rendered quite disappointed by the hyper critical reaction of those on this message board . We have a very young squad who deserve to be encouraged , not hounded .

As other , more rationale posters on here have suggested an even spread of wins , draws , and losses on our record by the New Year would probably be a result , and a win (please?) on Saturday would mean 4 wins , 5 draws , and 5 losses ..... not far off ?

I just hope we can get together in a more supportive manner behind a young team rather than constantly knocking and deriding youngsters who are committed to our club as things stand at present
Salford vs Dale on 00:49 - Oct 20 with 3037 viewsD_Alien

Salford vs Dale on 00:00 - Oct 20 by springfieldparka

Two months ago we were lucky to have a league football club after the appalling mismanagement of the former Board and revered manager . A new board and Stockdale committed to enhancing our prospects with a very limited budget within which to work . As a result we've invested in a very young (and presumably relatively) cheap squad for the current season .

Given that stark reality I have little sympathy with those who choose to criticise after every game . The latest result of a 0-0 draw agaianst the moneybags of the division was a massive boost to me as an exile until I've read the vitriolic criticism of our young defenders who delivered a clean sheet at the end of the game .

I was delighted with a point out of the game but rendered quite disappointed by the hyper critical reaction of those on this message board . We have a very young squad who deserve to be encouraged , not hounded .

As other , more rationale posters on here have suggested an even spread of wins , draws , and losses on our record by the New Year would probably be a result , and a win (please?) on Saturday would mean 4 wins , 5 draws , and 5 losses ..... not far off ?

I just hope we can get together in a more supportive manner behind a young team rather than constantly knocking and deriding youngsters who are committed to our club as things stand at present

Fair comment

Although it has to be said the reason for fighting to keep Dale alive was so we'd have summat to moan about in the time-honoured fashion!

Okay, and a lot more too. A great deal of slack must be cut, i agree

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Salford vs Dale on 02:21 - Oct 20 with 2944 viewsBazzanne

We are desperately in need of someone who e hit the back of the net. The one clearcut chance we got Beesley made a mess of it when through on goal.
Salford vs Dale on 06:52 - Oct 20 with 2778 viewsIOMDale

Salford vs Dale on 23:48 - Oct 19 by boromat

It was an off the ball incident I missed it as the ball had well gone. He got a booking so the ref must have seen it.

I’m not sure who he clashed with (was it Hunter?) but COK has tripped over Hunter as he lay on the ground and he’s thought it deliberate so when Hunter got up, COK pushed him in the back - it was handbags and nothing more. Hunter made it look a lot worse by throwing himself to the floor and then claiming he’d been elbowed when he got up. I’m not sure if the ref actually saw it or whether he just guessed and booked COK anyway.

UTDNFS

Salford vs Dale on 09:16 - Oct 20 with 2495 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Salford vs Dale on 22:40 - Oct 19 by dingdangblue

I'm quite confused by Morley's arm signals.
Left arm up in the air seems to mean underhit corner to the nearpost.
Right arm up in the air seems to mean underhit corner to the nearpost.
Both arms up in the air seems to mean underhit corner to the nearpost.

Better he floats one in which will at least give one of our lads half a chance of getting a contact than hitting the 1st man which puts us in danger of a counter attack. If I was a centre half having gone 70 yards up to the opposing box to see a corner under hit & having to sprint back the same distance I’d be going berserk.
Salford vs Dale on 09:32 - Oct 20 with 2452 viewsdingdangblue

Salford vs Dale on 09:16 - Oct 20 by Plattyswrinklynuts

Better he floats one in which will at least give one of our lads half a chance of getting a contact than hitting the 1st man which puts us in danger of a counter attack. If I was a centre half having gone 70 yards up to the opposing box to see a corner under hit & having to sprint back the same distance I’d be going berserk.

Or even better - maybe put a player on the near post to flick on the near post corner? 😲

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Salford vs Dale on 09:36 - Oct 20 with 2441 viewsDalenet

Salford vs Dale on 00:00 - Oct 20 by springfieldparka

Spot on. The club was relegated and we pay the price. The playing budget has had to be slashed and we have an inexperienced team as a result. We all get frustrated at times watching Dale, but it won't do the young lads any good when people are suggesting they are garbage or a waste of a wage. The interview with Broadbent after Swindon showed just how young he is, and many of these players are making their first season of men's football.

Sadly the reason we are playing these young inexperienced players falls at the feet of the previous manager, his coaching team and the previous Board. The current kids shouldn't be blamed for those mistakes. We need to give them time.
Login to get fewer ads

Salford vs Dale on 10:01 - Oct 20 with 2375 viewsTomRAFC

With shares being allocated, and a good away following for a local derby, there could have been a lot of magic in the air yesterday.

It was a good point but wasn't a great game.

My main worry at the moment is that I don't see where the goals are going to come from. Beesley runs his heart out but his lack of confidence taking that shot at the end isn't ideal in a lone striker. We need some more options alongside him.

I'm not sure I see the players we need in the squad. The transfer window is still a good while away, but an experienced striker and a midfielder, both with some bite, would be top of my list. That might mean looking to the national league for players who've done it at this level before and want another chance but needs must.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2021 13:14]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Salford vs Dale on 10:52 - Oct 20 with 2224 viewsSuddenLad

Salford vs Dale on 06:52 - Oct 20 by IOMDale

I’m not sure who he clashed with (was it Hunter?) but COK has tripped over Hunter as he lay on the ground and he’s thought it deliberate so when Hunter got up, COK pushed him in the back - it was handbags and nothing more. Hunter made it look a lot worse by throwing himself to the floor and then claiming he’d been elbowed when he got up. I’m not sure if the ref actually saw it or whether he just guessed and booked COK anyway.

O'Keefe ran up behind the player, 'off the ball', pushed him in the back with both hands and he fell to the ground.

Yes, the Salford player made a complete meal of it, but it was 'violent conduct' and in could justifiably have warranted a red card.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Salford vs Dale on 11:10 - Oct 20 with 2180 viewsjonahwhereru

Salford vs Dale on 22:55 - Oct 19 by 442Dale

Not particularly aimed at this game, but it obviously applies, the standard of football in this division so far this season has been well below average. That’s not meant to be overly critical of Dale or individuals but there are so many basic, unforced errors.

Like watching Tim Henman reaching the quarter finals of Wimbledon and everyone pretending he’s good.

Excellent post. There is a gulf in quality between L1 and L2. First noticed this when we went down under Coleman. The last game Colchester away was a cancel each other out nil- nil. Next season I was at Gillingham who were the early pacesetters and we beat them. But leaving the ground I said to my dad the Colchester was better quality and he agreed.
I keep hearing from supporters there is no quality. But the fans need to wean themselves of expecting L1 level football. We compete at this level because the overall quality is much lower. know we have half a dozen players with ample L1 experience, but their quality is being dragged down. Seriously this team is far better than some of those previously assembled in our L2 days.

RS is not insane or stupid, he watches the players train everyday and prepares them for games. If he thinks the current back three are his best available I am prepared to go with his judgement.
As for a switch to a back four well I would say that would need two changes of personnel if it were used. I would have Keohane over O’keefe as a defender and White playing as a natural left back. As for centre half’s. Bonsey and Dorsett who is a better stopper than Graham,
However in RS I trust.
Salford vs Dale on 11:35 - Oct 20 with 2128 views49thseason

I think we have to accept that this is a whole new beginning, from top to bottom the club is undergoing change, the whole purpose of which will ultimately be reflected on the pitch. This will take time, there will be bumps in the road but there really isnt any alternative.
So, we started with a squad that was put together in record time, the second youngest in the division with very few senior professionals to support them. They started well, probably running on adrenoline, had a tough run when the realities of 2 games a week set in and are now picking up pointsagain, albeit away from home. Talk of promotion is simply daft, but, if these players can keep us in mid table they will have worked a minor miracle.
Do we need a goalscorer, yes , no question, add a midfield battler too and we would not be far short of a highly competitive team.

This season is going to be trying, frustrating, and at times horrid, hopefully we can shape-shift a bit in January and improve our home form. We have made a start, thats the hardest part of a journey, maybe we can reach the end of this leg with a place in L2 secured, the basis of a great squad, some money in the bank, a competent managerial team and an enthusiastic board and the whole club pulling in the same direction. If we can do that I will class this as an excellent season, anything more, particularly on the pitch will be magnificent.
Salford vs Dale on 11:50 - Oct 20 with 2081 viewsDaleiLama

Just when you thought JT couldn't be even more of a Dale legend

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Salford vs Dale on 11:59 - Oct 20 with 2041 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Salford vs Dale on 22:49 - Oct 19 by joecooke

Dorsett is up there with one of the worst footballers ive seen in a long time on that viewing tonight.

Up there alongside Billy Boslem and Sam Graham then. The latter comfortably the worst defender I have seen in the last 30 years.
Salford vs Dale on 12:08 - Oct 20 with 2010 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Salford vs Dale on 02:21 - Oct 20 by Bazzanne

We are desperately in need of someone who e hit the back of the net. The one clearcut chance we got Beesley made a mess of it when through on goal.

I suspect Beesley was so shocked to have the ball at his feet so close to goal, that his brain and body froze. Now if we had 2 wingers/wide men who could cross a ball, Beesley would deliver. I feel sorry for him, as he makes some great runs but is never found. He works harder than anyone, but mostly it's all in vain.
Salford vs Dale on 12:23 - Oct 20 with 1964 viewsBucketBstard

Sorry to point out but League 2 is a poor division , with some real rank bad teams , Salford being one of them.
We have some of the worst defenders in this league with McNumpty, Dorsett and Graham , also I dont cream myself over Beesley hes ok but not a lot of end product, good goal against burnley scum but rest of that match he was invisible, perhaps taken a little knock from experienced centre halves ?
This situation needs sorting , perhaps Robbie should get his boots on in defence since we dont have anything else . And up front need to be more ruthless.
Salford vs Dale on 12:43 - Oct 20 with 1873 viewskel

Salford vs Dale on 12:23 - Oct 20 by BucketBstard

Sorry to point out but League 2 is a poor division , with some real rank bad teams , Salford being one of them.
We have some of the worst defenders in this league with McNumpty, Dorsett and Graham , also I dont cream myself over Beesley hes ok but not a lot of end product, good goal against burnley scum but rest of that match he was invisible, perhaps taken a little knock from experienced centre halves ?
This situation needs sorting , perhaps Robbie should get his boots on in defence since we dont have anything else . And up front need to be more ruthless.

Could have been the fact Beesley against Burnley was playing against centre halves who face international class strikers most weeks.

Thought I’d just throw that one out there.
Salford vs Dale on 13:00 - Oct 20 with 1816 viewsJames1980

Have you thought of a new user name yet?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Salford vs Dale on 13:02 - Oct 20 with 1809 viewsTVOS1907

LOL

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Salford vs Dale on 13:03 - Oct 20 with 1804 views_Windydale

Im a big fan of him. A player beginning to shine. Anyone else think kelly is showing some real quality. Very quick feet and accurate passes. A Sharpness of mind and vocal with his teammates, trying to create something.

Just get the ball to his feet, no point in lumping it to him.
Salford vs Dale on 13:04 - Oct 20 with 1795 viewsTVOS1907

Salford vs Dale on 11:59 - Oct 20 by RooleyMoorBlue

Up there alongside Billy Boslem and Sam Graham then. The latter comfortably the worst defender I have seen in the last 30 years.

Really?

Off the top of my head, I can think of Jon Boardman, Pim Balkestein, Simon Gibson and Neal Trotman who were far, far worse than Graham.

Give the lad a chance.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Salford vs Dale on 13:22 - Oct 20 with 1753 views_Windydale

As things as I see it. Graham puts his body on the line in defence and is a decent shot blocker.

However in posession when starting play out from the goalie...we should be playing to our better strengths and going down the right hand side...or oconnell. No point in putting Graham under necessary pressure, if his passing skills is still a work in progress.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2021 13:24]
Salford vs Dale on 16:31 - Oct 20 with 1426 viewsSalegraham

Salford vs Dale on 13:00 - Oct 20 by James1980

Have you thought of a new user name yet?

Like stupid, you can guess the rest
Salford vs Dale on 16:37 - Oct 20 with 1408 viewsJames1980

Salford vs Dale on 16:31 - Oct 20 by Salegraham

Like stupid, you can guess the rest

It has to be a bit more cryptic than that.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Salford vs Dale on 17:03 - Oct 20 with 1348 viewsBeechball

Salford vs Dale on 13:04 - Oct 20 by TVOS1907

Really?

Off the top of my head, I can think of Jon Boardman, Pim Balkestein, Simon Gibson and Neal Trotman who were far, far worse than Graham.

Give the lad a chance.

Don't forget Scott McGinty and John Pender
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024