Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gillingham (a) Match Thread 18:11 - Aug 4 with 30464 viewsHullDale

Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 13:21 - Aug 7 with 2584 viewsTVOS1907

Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 13:17 - Aug 7 by D_Alien

I just wouldn't call a player "shite" for being asked to do something that you acknowledge isn't his role

I'm not entirely sure what his role is; neither, I suspect, is he at the moment.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 13:25 - Aug 7 with 2544 viewsD_Alien

Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 13:21 - Aug 7 by TVOS1907

I'm not entirely sure what his role is; neither, I suspect, is he at the moment.

Whatever he was doing right at Solihull!

On another note, it's great to at least have something to chew the fat over on the field, rather than Pat's chippy

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 13:40 - Aug 7 with 2463 viewsBrierls

Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 13:25 - Aug 7 by D_Alien

Whatever he was doing right at Solihull!

On another note, it's great to at least have something to chew the fat over on the field, rather than Pat's chippy

…and get Campbell doing whatever he was doing at Woking, and Charman whatever he was doing at Darlo.

It may just be Stockdale’s Dale sucking the positivity out of me, but maybe non-league is their level. I’ve been completely underwhelmed by all three signings (that we paid good money for) despite having high hopes and plenty of positivity when they signed.

Everything is leading back to one place…the manager. The signings are either not good enough, or he’s not able to get the best out of them.
Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 13:57 - Aug 7 with 2397 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 12:44 - Aug 7 by TVOS1907

Tbh, we haven't had a proper captain, in the true sense of that role, since Jones.

I thought Cavanagh did well in the second promotion season.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 14:07 - Aug 7 with 2331 viewsTVOS1907

Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 13:57 - Aug 7 by BigDaveMyCock

I thought Cavanagh did well in the second promotion season.

Actually, yes, good call.

Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 14:13 - Aug 7 with 2291 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 14:07 - Aug 7 by TVOS1907

Actually, yes, good call.

If I remember rightly, Hilly, in a rare moment of humility, admitted to regretting releasing him after that season.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 15:04 - Aug 7 with 2125 viewsNorthernDale

Yesterday's performance was shocking to say the least, some players deserve credit.
O'Donnell played well, Hendo and Rodney did their best, considering they did not even had scraps to feed on and I felt White had a decent game. The defence was in general hopeless, at least Johns made some good runs forward in the second half, but the defence panics every time runs at them. In midfield Diagouraga was very poor, Ball and Brierley tried to compete but where outclassed. Of the subs Odoh was running around like a headless chicken, without a clue what he was doing.

RS needs to look at the system, because five at the back is not working and he talks about getting somebody in,we need more then one, we need at least two in midfield, a proper right back and change the system we play. Based on yesterdays performance we would struggle in the conference with that squad.
Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 16:08 - Aug 7 with 1976 viewssamueloneils

We seem to havea team of lumberers. No pace in the starting eleven.

Just a couple of Qestion marks re RS`s decision making.

1. How much longer are we going to play zonal marking which is now contributing to most of our goals conceded. Also the endless repetion of pulling all back for set pieces.

2. Although the team is struggling in all sectors, surely the biggest problem is the control and distribution of the ball in midfield. Result is balls lumped upfield to vaguely attacking areas. Kelly needed help in the last game; Brierley needed help in this game. RS solution- take them off but leave Ball on. Ball will never be more than a defensive midfielder.

Strange.
Login to get fewer ads

Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 16:19 - Aug 7 with 1939 viewsJames1980

The last ten seasons (excluding the ppg pandemic one) the mean average points for the last L2 play off spot has been 72.4 so rounding down 72 points which means we can drop another 90 points this season and still achieve that number of points

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 17:03 - Aug 7 with 1847 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 17:34 - Aug 6 by jonahwhereru

Can I have a nomination for a great escape. Always go to Gillingham, if it’s not p-ssing down. Fortunately this morning I fell down the stairs and hurt my back.
The stats say a lot about this game. At one time we had 39% possession, we had 51% by the finish, but with no meaningful attempts on goal in the last half hour.
The bench looked very light. Not digging out the lad but when Odoh looks the obvious first replacement, it is a concern.
They need to give the supporters something to get behind.
UTDNFS

Referring to Great Escapes, the mass viewing public watching EFL Highlights last night were nearly treated out of seeing Gillingham score their goal against our shower. Thankfully they managed to dig it out for all to see. Some might have thought, I saw this last week as well.

PS the new presenter on ITV is far better than Colin Murray.
Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 17:13 - Aug 7 with 1799 viewsD_Alien

Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 17:03 - Aug 7 by Yorkshire_Dale

Referring to Great Escapes, the mass viewing public watching EFL Highlights last night were nearly treated out of seeing Gillingham score their goal against our shower. Thankfully they managed to dig it out for all to see. Some might have thought, I saw this last week as well.

I was pleased to see her...

She used to be on the panel for the BT Sport football show on Saturday afternoons (may still be)

Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 17:16 - Aug 7 with 1787 viewsA_Newby

Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 16:19 - Aug 7 by James1980

The last ten seasons (excluding the ppg pandemic one) the mean average points for the last L2 play off spot has been 72.4 so rounding down 72 points which means we can drop another 90 points this season and still achieve that number of points

60?
Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 17:25 - Aug 7 with 1714 viewsShun

Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 13:17 - Aug 7 by D_Alien

I just wouldn't call a player "shite" for being asked to do something that you acknowledge isn't his role

Agree there. The criticism he’s getting so far is way over the top for someone who played well when he came in, and has only really struggled these past two games (along with everyone else). I think the fans’ wish to have him as captain comes purely from the fact that he’s a central midfielder who was keen on the odd driving run forwards, similar to Gary Jones. Nothing more or less than that.

I do think, though, that a lot more is made out of the captaincy role than is needed. The real leaders of any squad will make their voices known and show their influence over the team, regardless of whether they have an armband on.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2022 21:28]
Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 17:26 - Aug 7 with 1710 viewsLaveritty

Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 17:03 - Aug 7 by Yorkshire_Dale

I disagree.

I thought Colin Murray came across as a genuine and passionate football fan with an interest in the games at all levels of the EFL. You could sense his enjoyment when talking about the games. He also seemed to have a bit of a soft spot for The Dale and underdogs in general.

Not too sure yet about the 2 different new presenters on ITV but I felt they were both a bit flat and seemed to be merely reading a script off the autocue in a matter of fact way. However it is early days so things may improve as the season progresses.

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 17:34 - Aug 7 with 1662 viewsD_Alien

Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 17:25 - Aug 7 by Shun

Agree there. The criticism he’s getting so far is way over the top for someone who played well when he came in, and has only really struggled these past two games (along with everyone else). I think the fans’ wish to have him as captain comes purely from the fact that he’s a central midfielder who was keen on the odd driving run forwards, similar to Gary Jones. Nothing more or less than that.

I do think, though, that a lot more is made out of the captaincy role than is needed. The real leaders of any squad will make their voices known and show their influence over the team, regardless of whether they have an armband on.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2022 21:28]

You're right of course, about leaders standing up on the field

Going back to my initial point, from what i've seen no-one's doing it at the minute. Hendo might feel inclined, or Ball, or whoever but perhaps they're waiting for EEL to make his voice heard, rather than looking to take that initiative away from a new captain

Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 18:02 - Aug 7 with 1546 viewsJames1980

Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 17:16 - Aug 7 by A_Newby

60?

168 is max points 72 from 168 is 96 we have dropped 6 so 90 points to go

Or 138 max points
138-72=66
So a further 60 points that we can afford to drop over the course of the season.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2022 7:45]

Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 18:19 - Aug 7 with 1485 viewsTVOS1907

Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 18:02 - Aug 7 by James1980

Or 138 max points
138-72=66
So a further 60 points that we can afford to drop over the course of the season.

We play 46 games, James, not 56.

Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 18:20 - Aug 7 with 1484 viewsfitzochris

Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 18:02 - Aug 7 by James1980

Or 138 max points
138-72=66

I'm convinced you are trying to make a point here, James, but I am not sure exactly what that point is.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 18:24 - Aug 7 with 1462 viewsJames1980

Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 18:19 - Aug 7 by TVOS1907

We play 46 games, James, not 56.

Well that's embarrassing I know it is 46 if I had shown my workings I would have realised that terrible mistake.

Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 18:28 - Aug 7 with 1446 viewsJames1980

Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 18:20 - Aug 7 by fitzochris

I'm convinced you are trying to make a point here, James, but I am not sure exactly what that point is.

Apologies for the error in calculation. My attempt at a point is there are still plenty (not as many as I mistakenly calculated) points to play for.

Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 18:29 - Aug 7 with 1419 viewsfitzochris

Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 18:28 - Aug 7 by James1980

Apologies for the error in calculation. My attempt at a point is there are still plenty (not as many as I mistakenly calculated) points to play for.

That's what I thought. However, that door swings both ways. Playing Devil's Advocate, you could argue there are plenty of points still to lose through inaction. It all depends on your point of view.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 19:06 - Aug 7 with 1310 viewsJames1980

Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 18:29 - Aug 7 by fitzochris

That's what I thought. However, that door swings both ways. Playing Devil's Advocate, you could argue there are plenty of points still to lose through inaction. It all depends on your point of view.

My thinking is if Stockdale is given another 8 games it won't be too late for a new manager to turn it around.

Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 19:10 - Aug 7 with 1293 viewsTVOS1907

Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 18:24 - Aug 7 by James1980

Well that's embarrassing I know it is 46 if I had shown my workings I would have realised that terrible mistake.

See me!

Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 19:12 - Aug 7 with 1288 views442Dale

There doesn’t need to be time limits or targets imposed, it’s become very similar to back in late March when both results and performances had to improve immediately or the manager would be fully aware he was in trouble. Then, there was a response. Early season or not, it’s required again now.

Tuesday is an opportunity to illustrate that we can do that without the pressure of league points on the line, that then needs taking into Saturday at home before two away trips. There has to be a definitive shift in the tone of our performances.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 19:13 - Aug 7 with 1288 viewsJames1980

Gillingham (a) Match Thread on 19:10 - Aug 7 by TVOS1907

See me!

You're not like the teacher in 'another brick in the wall' are you but with a Lancashire accent as opposed to Scottish

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024