Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet 09:55 - Sep 14 with 14089 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

Match Preview: Dale vs Barnet 14th Sep 2023 09:54
A tough test faces Jim McNulty's men this weekend as the National League's early pace-setters Barnet make the trip to Spotland. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 21:02 - Sep 16 with 3752 viewsR17ALE

Excellent game today. Didn't yawn once.

It might be a misinterpretation on my part but our energy levels seemed better to the end - in recent seasons we have tapered off towards the end of games often conceding. On the 75 minute mark I thought this would inevitably happen again, but the opposite occurred.

Recently Hendo got a little stick on here for being offside (at Kiddy?) which I thought was harsh as we don't see how often he is on-side when making his runs. Not seen the highlights yet, but can't wait to see the timing and bend on his run to enable our late goal. He almost made the pass. I didn't even bother looking at the lino as sometimes you just know class when you see it!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 21:52 - Sep 16 with 3515 viewsdaleitetilidie

Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 19:56 - Sep 16 by IOMDale

Great to read so much positivity on here - had a sneaking suspicion we’d turn Barnet over today. Didn’t get to watch the game but can’t wait to see the highlights.

How’s the retro shirt in person? I missed out but it looks terrific.

What’s happening with full match replays? National League TV website hasn’t been updated since games at the end of August. Any other websites show full match replays?
Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 22:57 - Sep 16 with 3341 views_Windydale

It was a joy watching Dale today.

We struggle against teams set up with a defensive formation. But Barnet came here to play and, probably on a high and expected to kick ass, being top of the league. But this meant more space for our players, maybe allowing us to put in practice what they have been working on in training. It wasn't just the tactics that was great today. It was the endeavor, the successful sliding tackles, blocks and willingness to keep Barnet out. Concentration. Working for each other to get the 3 points and eagerness for more goals.
Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 23:30 - Sep 16 with 3253 viewsSandyman

What a pleasure to watch Rochdale today. Credit to all, but for me, Jimmy K and Cameron John were stand out players. Brilliant effort from beginning to end from both of them, and the rest of the team to be fair.

To see us play forward facing, attacking football against a decent side like Barnet was proper "no fear" stuff. To see us absorb their ping the ball into the box style under pressure showed great skill and character. If the likes of Spurs or Chelsea had scored our second goal, we'd never stop seeing it on telly - what a stunning piece of football.

The ref clearly had a love in with their number 9 who got away with whatever he liked. The official was a couldn't throughout, and the Dale fanbase let him know. Seen some shockers in the National League and he was one for sure.

Superb work from Big Jim and the lads. Very encouraging. More of the same, please, instead of the play that has frustrated us too often this season.

UP THE DALE.
Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 23:32 - Sep 16 with 3245 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 17:41 - Sep 16 by dingdangblue

Yes. Brilliant win and special mention for Cameron John's goal line clearance when it was 3-2. Won us the game.

......mindful that only last week he performed a last ditch tackle to keep us a point at Kiddy.
C John has been a different player for Dale this season, keep going young man.
Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 23:54 - Sep 16 with 3190 viewsDaleFan7

Today was a great watch. It was the first home game that I felt we weren't looking for the backwards pass before we were looking forward. Everyone drove forward with the ball and played it long/through channels when needed. We showed today that we weren't one dimensional at all and if we play like the first hour today, teams will struggle to beat us.

It got a bit squeaky at 3-1 when Jim took Uchegbulam off for Ferguson, it seemed to throw our balance off a bit but we weathered the storm. John's clearance was great, where I was sat I couldn't see him because Nevett was in front so I thought they'd scored.
Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 05:20 - Sep 17 with 3018 viewsTalkingSutty

Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 23:30 - Sep 16 by Sandyman

What a pleasure to watch Rochdale today. Credit to all, but for me, Jimmy K and Cameron John were stand out players. Brilliant effort from beginning to end from both of them, and the rest of the team to be fair.

To see us play forward facing, attacking football against a decent side like Barnet was proper "no fear" stuff. To see us absorb their ping the ball into the box style under pressure showed great skill and character. If the likes of Spurs or Chelsea had scored our second goal, we'd never stop seeing it on telly - what a stunning piece of football.

The ref clearly had a love in with their number 9 who got away with whatever he liked. The official was a couldn't throughout, and the Dale fanbase let him know. Seen some shockers in the National League and he was one for sure.

Superb work from Big Jim and the lads. Very encouraging. More of the same, please, instead of the play that has frustrated us too often this season.

UP THE DALE.

Agree with most of that, a mention also for the midfield again. Clayton is class on the ball and knits everything together, East has the legs to get around him and break up play and Gilmour seems to pop up all over the place. As a midfield trio I can't remember a better one. Maybe we are missing a enforcer but I'm not sure they are as relevant now in modern day football. Contrary to other opinions i thought their number nine had a great game, a big physical mobile unit with some devilment in his game, a constant nuisance throughout and the focus point for all their attacks. The referee let a lot of things go but was consistently lenient with both teams, he couldn't wait to book Moulden though. None of them are perfect.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2023 5:59]
Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 07:10 - Sep 17 with 2905 viewsA_Newby

Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 21:52 - Sep 16 by daleitetilidie

What’s happening with full match replays? National League TV website hasn’t been updated since games at the end of August. Any other websites show full match replays?

I noticed that too. Oddly yesterday's match against Barnet is already online, It looks like the matches from early September are the only ones missing.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 07:47 - Sep 17 with 2837 viewsfrenzied

Wasn't at the game but a great result and performance by all accounts.

Considering Barnet had only conceded 8 in their previous 8 games ,to put 4 past them was an achievement in itself.
Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 09:15 - Sep 17 with 2659 viewsdawlishdale

I too missed yesterday but sounds like a good performance against one of the fancied teams. Looking forward to seeing the highlights.

Puts one in a good mood for the weekend !!

UptheDale
Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 10:47 - Sep 17 with 2436 viewsDrigdale

Have to agree yesterday was one of the best performances for a very long time. Collectively the players were excellent and Jim certainly got the tactics right.
Really pleased how 3 players who have copped a lot of criticism were good. Cameron John seems to get better all the time, Jimmy Keohane was back to his best and I thought Kairo Mitchell led the line brilliantly. Lets hope it continues.
One small thing that I hope we change is having a keeper on the subs bench. Moulden took a knock and could possibly have had to go off. Perhaps this may change McNultys view in the future.
Anyway for the time being lets celebrate an excellent day.
Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 10:58 - Sep 17 with 2401 viewsRAFCBLUE

A great performance yesterday and the first time I think we’ve seen this season a commitment to keep pushing forward to score goals.

Long may it continue.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 11:03 - Sep 17 with 2382 viewsEdindale

Great performance but I would still like to see a couple of players added to our squad as we have a tough schedule and injuries and suspensions will come into play.

Will be great to see a fully fit Rodney slot into this team.
Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 11:05 - Sep 17 with 2377 viewsDale_4_Life

Excellent from Dale yesterday.

Against Halifax they were negative and looked nervous.

Against Barnet it was totally the opposite. Has the penny dropped that we have some very very good players at this level so make the opposition worry about us.

Moulden looking to release our wingers was a joy rather than an underarm pea roll throw to a full back.

Credit needs to go to Cameron John- Looked out of his depth and not interested last season. He was superb yesterday more of the same please!!

Good balance in the middle with Clayton Gilmour and East.. Hendos introduction was timely and welcome.

Wow what a difference to a weekend a decent performance and 3 points make.

Up the Dale.
Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 11:28 - Sep 17 with 2307 viewsEllDale

It’s a good comment about potential suspensions.
Both John and EEL are on four yellow cards after yesterday and the way that cards are flourished with abandon in this league bans could come sooner rather than later.
How many were booked on our bench yesterday by the way? Was it one or two?
This time in a fortnight everyone will have played another four matches and the table should really have settled down but so much can change in this league.
Two weeks ago, for example, we were all sulking and Halifax were jubilant.
They were booed off the pitch yesterday after losing 1-0 at home to Dorking and failing to register a shot of any description in the second half.
Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 13:09 - Sep 17 with 2078 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 11:28 - Sep 17 by EllDale

It’s a good comment about potential suspensions.
Both John and EEL are on four yellow cards after yesterday and the way that cards are flourished with abandon in this league bans could come sooner rather than later.
How many were booked on our bench yesterday by the way? Was it one or two?
This time in a fortnight everyone will have played another four matches and the table should really have settled down but so much can change in this league.
Two weeks ago, for example, we were all sulking and Halifax were jubilant.
They were booed off the pitch yesterday after losing 1-0 at home to Dorking and failing to register a shot of any description in the second half.

It's a bit generic to say "we were all sulking".

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 13:18 - Sep 17 with 2048 viewsEllDale

You’re right. A fair few weren’t happy though is it fair to say?
Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 13:23 - Sep 17 with 2032 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 13:18 - Sep 17 by EllDale

You’re right. A fair few weren’t happy though is it fair to say?

Yes, but isn't that the case after every team loses? Even Barnet fans on their forum were losing perspective last night.

Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 13:39 - Sep 17 with 1983 viewsjonahwhereru

Yes, we can turn it on at home and get the crowd buzzing. Said before the game the fans needed entertainment and they finally got it good. These type of results do impact the thoughts of opposition managers. Just hope we don’t see endless games of defending deep against us. But success always has a price. Two wide players with pace will help against that tactic.
John seems to have found his level and is flourishing. A little love is also doing wonders for him.
Credit to BJ and the back room team engendering a great team ethic and belief. These simple things go a long way to counter balancing the lack of budget.
I’m At Borehamwood on Tuesday, and really looking forward to it.
Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 14:03 - Sep 17 with 1897 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 13:23 - Sep 17 by TVOS1907

Yes, but isn't that the case after every team loses? Even Barnet fans on their forum were losing perspective last night.

Whilst it was more the manner of defeat that rankled, that can be put behind us with a series of consistent performances that entertain, or at least try to. I'd emphasise the word "series"

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 16:10 - Sep 17 with 1642 viewsdalenumber2

Does anyone know where i can see the highlights of the game? Would love to relive those goals!
Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 16:32 - Sep 17 with 1581 viewsrich_dale

Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 16:10 - Sep 17 by dalenumber2

Does anyone know where i can see the highlights of the game? Would love to relive those goals!

Everyone had a good game yesterday, Jez and Ty a real handful supported by a buzzing midfield three and a good showing from Kairo who led the line well. All backed up by great performances by SAJ and Nevett and solid defending by ECJ and EEL. Not to mention Moulden who's the best keeper we've had for a few seasons and did a passable (pun intended) impression of Ederson. I thought Jez starting though was the key difference, he looks a class apart in his touch, trickery and decision making. For the second goal some players would have taken a touch but the killer low first time cross was exactly what was required, and delivered brilliantly. When Jez and Ty are both on their game it makes a big difference. Also kudos to BJ for the tactics and mixing up direct play with short passing, helped us get in behind them countless times.
Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 16:40 - Sep 17 with 1554 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 16:10 - Sep 17 by dalenumber2

They should be on YouTube at some point today, as normal.

EDIT: 7.30pm, apparently.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2023 17:06]

Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 19:25 - Sep 17 with 1295 viewspnc4eva1

Anyone know where the highlights are?

Doh just seen the post above
[Post edited 17 Sep 2023 19:27]

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 19:43 - Sep 17 with 1252 viewspnc4eva1

I have noticed over the last few games how Cameron John has started to become a more confident player.

At Kidderminster he celebrated the equalizer as though he had scored a goal.

I the highlights he has run half the pitch to celebrate each goal.

McNulty seems to have unearthed something in him. Yes, he's not a world beater. But compared to last season he seems to be a major squad motivator

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024