Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary 15:30 - Oct 14 with 15806 views442Dale

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/67005774

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 17:29 - Oct 14 with 3870 viewsDalenet

Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 17:05 - Oct 14 by Nigeriamark

In the commentary it said their budget is £300,000 which is 6k per week. I would imagine our budget must be more than double that, yet we have a squad who hardly put a shot in for the whole 90 minutes. Poor performance and a result & takes away the magic of being in the hat for the first round proper. Well done Hereford.

It is more like 5 or 6 times that. Add we still have the league money for this season that will be lost next season.
Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 17:45 - Oct 14 with 3750 viewsIOMDale

Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 17:28 - Oct 14 by Yorkshire_Dale

That great football sage, Dion Tosspot Dublin was only saying last night (Eng v Aus) that possession is great, but it does not win you matches.

Was McNulty not listening or watching Corrie on another channel.

What’s Dion Dublin ever done to you?

UTDNFS

Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 17:47 - Oct 14 with 3725 viewsD_Alien

According to some who 'occasionally' or should i say 'opportunistically' post on here, BJ is a top class coach

Downvote that...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 17:53 - Oct 14 with 3676 viewsJames1980

Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 17:28 - Oct 14 by Yorkshire_Dale

That great football sage, Dion Tosspot Dublin was only saying last night (Eng v Aus) that possession is great, but it does not win you matches.

Was McNulty not listening or watching Corrie on another channel.

He does know his houses though.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 17:58 - Oct 14 with 3631 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 17:45 - Oct 14 by IOMDale

What’s Dion Dublin ever done to you?

Not as much as the Romans.
Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 19:14 - Oct 14 with 3316 views442Dale

Shortest post-match interview of the season?

Clearly hurting, wonder what else he’s thinking right now.

Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 19:20 - Oct 14 with 3279 viewsmidlandsdale

Hope isn't enough
Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 19:31 - Oct 14 with 3225 viewsblackdogblue

Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 19:20 - Oct 14 by midlandsdale

Hope isn't enough

Or a P45…if I was the coach driver would have left them there & made them get their own way home 🤬

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Login to get fewer ads

Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 19:53 - Oct 14 with 3149 viewsNorthernDale

He sounds like he is hurting and at least recognises the importance of the Oldham game, but has he the sense to look at the style of football that we are playing, and will he change tactics? The fans can see the weaknesses in our style of play, I hope Jim can sit down and find the solutions needed.
Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 20:04 - Oct 14 with 3099 views49thseason

Once agsin our system of playing has been sussed. They sussed it in L1, they sussed it in L2 and now the NL and the NLN has sussed it. Put 10 men behind the ball, hit them on the counter, score a goal and the chances are you will win or draw
Pass, pass, pass to no effect just means you increase the risk of losing the ball. Especially when no one bothers to shoot and the crosses are a waste of time because no one attacks the ball. We are not Manchester City, there is no lethal finisher. Its either high, wide or puff-ball. A one-armed keeper could keep a clean sheet against us.

There is some talent in this team, but its easy to imagine youthful enthusiasm draining away as the results go south. If we are not going to push for promotion, (and we aren't if the last 10 games are a guide), change this futile system before we have to start looking at the bottom 4 again.
Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 20:22 - Oct 14 with 3031 viewsDaleFan7

He needs to recognise that something needs to change. Oldham haven't lost since their new manager took over and got through to the first round, today. I just hope they aren't primed to run riot next weekend because if they get an early goal I can see our heads dropping.

Apparently we've got a decent keeper, EEL has improved from last season, John (I know he's injured now) has improved a lot from last season, Keohane has improved from last season. Yet we've not kept a clean sheet in 12 games (since 19th August). Was our defence really that bad this season that they've all improved this but we still can't keep the ball out of our net?
Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 20:34 - Oct 14 with 2952 viewssxdale

Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 20:04 - Oct 14 by 49thseason

Once agsin our system of playing has been sussed. They sussed it in L1, they sussed it in L2 and now the NL and the NLN has sussed it. Put 10 men behind the ball, hit them on the counter, score a goal and the chances are you will win or draw
Pass, pass, pass to no effect just means you increase the risk of losing the ball. Especially when no one bothers to shoot and the crosses are a waste of time because no one attacks the ball. We are not Manchester City, there is no lethal finisher. Its either high, wide or puff-ball. A one-armed keeper could keep a clean sheet against us.

There is some talent in this team, but its easy to imagine youthful enthusiasm draining away as the results go south. If we are not going to push for promotion, (and we aren't if the last 10 games are a guide), change this futile system before we have to start looking at the bottom 4 again.

We won't beat a keeper with zero arms or legs because we don't f****** shoot we aren't up against Ederson, Allison or Pope. We should be shooting at every opportunity or at least half chance and follow it up in case the keeper spills it. Stop trying to walk the ball into the f****** net. As someone remarked today you won't win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket.
Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 20:53 - Oct 14 with 2837 viewsnordenblue

Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 19:14 - Oct 14 by 442Dale

It's the first time I've watched him and thought he genuinely looks totally lost and talks like he's out of his depth.
Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 21:40 - Oct 14 with 2660 viewsEllDale

Scant consolation I know but the likes of Southend, Dagenham, Halifax, Dorking and Hartlepool were also knocked out today by teams from a lower league and York, Oxford City and Ebbsfleet all have to replay.
Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 21:52 - Oct 14 with 2615 viewskel

Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 20:22 - Oct 14 by DaleFan7

He needs to recognise that something needs to change. Oldham haven't lost since their new manager took over and got through to the first round, today. I just hope they aren't primed to run riot next weekend because if they get an early goal I can see our heads dropping.

Apparently we've got a decent keeper, EEL has improved from last season, John (I know he's injured now) has improved a lot from last season, Keohane has improved from last season. Yet we've not kept a clean sheet in 12 games (since 19th August). Was our defence really that bad this season that they've all improved this but we still can't keep the ball out of our net?

The Oldham manager who was appointed yesterday and wasn’t in charge today?
Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 23:11 - Oct 14 with 2375 viewsDaleFan7

Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 21:52 - Oct 14 by kel

The Oldham manager who was appointed yesterday and wasn’t in charge today?

Realised that after I put it.

*after the old manager was sacked.
Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 23:38 - Oct 14 with 2311 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 19:14 - Oct 14 by 442Dale

......he's thinking "I really must change the record"
Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 23:48 - Oct 14 with 2279 viewsSandyman

Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 20:53 - Oct 14 by nordenblue

It's the first time I've watched him and thought he genuinely looks totally lost and talks like he's out of his depth.

There's emotion, and rhymes and riddles in that interview. Unfortunately, no recognition that the style of football he wants to play and the manner of its execution was woefully inadequate today. Not for the first time.

Tippy sideways, tippy backwards, go forward a little, don't cross, don't shoot, get the ball back to Ethan and Louie, pass to Adam, tippy sideways, tippy backwards, go forward a little, don't cross, don't shoot, get the ball back to Ethan and Louie pass to Adam repeat, repeat, repeat. Go 2 up v Southend by having a go, and let them back in by not having a go, as we tippy sideways, tippy backwards, go forward a little, don't cross, don't shoot, get the ball back to Ethan and Louie, pass to Adam, repeat, repeat, repeat.

I'm sure we all want Jim to succeed. Nice guy who cares for the club, no doubt. He has to have more than one idea as to how his team plays, and get them to compete, instead of playing like a training game. We can do it, we've had the results to prove it. It is Jim's job to sort it.

Oldham next. A no passion tippy tappy borefest defeat will not be acceptable, nor will excuses of hurting afterwards gain sympathy. Good luck Jim.

UP THE DALE
Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 00:33 - Oct 15 with 2206 viewsD_Alien

Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 23:48 - Oct 14 by Sandyman

There's emotion, and rhymes and riddles in that interview. Unfortunately, no recognition that the style of football he wants to play and the manner of its execution was woefully inadequate today. Not for the first time.

Tippy sideways, tippy backwards, go forward a little, don't cross, don't shoot, get the ball back to Ethan and Louie, pass to Adam, tippy sideways, tippy backwards, go forward a little, don't cross, don't shoot, get the ball back to Ethan and Louie pass to Adam repeat, repeat, repeat. Go 2 up v Southend by having a go, and let them back in by not having a go, as we tippy sideways, tippy backwards, go forward a little, don't cross, don't shoot, get the ball back to Ethan and Louie, pass to Adam, repeat, repeat, repeat.

I'm sure we all want Jim to succeed. Nice guy who cares for the club, no doubt. He has to have more than one idea as to how his team plays, and get them to compete, instead of playing like a training game. We can do it, we've had the results to prove it. It is Jim's job to sort it.

Oldham next. A no passion tippy tappy borefest defeat will not be acceptable, nor will excuses of hurting afterwards gain sympathy. Good luck Jim.

UP THE DALE

The small consolations of dropping out of the league were renewing acquaintance with Halifax and Oldham

The Halifax performance was just awful, but as a one-off could be put to one side. A repeat next week and i'm not sure where that leaves us, apart from on the slide with nothing to enthuse about as the clocks go back

I'm sure we're all sick to death of hearing the Willbutts celebrating at the final whistle, but if so, the manner of defeat had better not be as abject as against Halifax
[Post edited 15 Oct 2023 0:36]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 08:49 - Oct 15 with 1873 viewsNorthernDale

It is like groundhog day and BBM as returned, 'we dominated possession, we created chances, the team is developing.......', but we lost again. I agree there is talent in the team and we are better then most teams in the division, however we are our worse enemy by playing Jim's preferred pedestrian possession football style, yes possession football is great, if you have top internationals, but we have not!

I do wonder if Jim ever reads the forum or gets feedback from others, but he needs to wake up and learn from his mistakes, because he coaches the team and decides on the tactics and football management is a result based business.
Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 09:33 - Oct 15 with 1778 viewsMass_Debater

Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 08:49 - Oct 15 by NorthernDale

It is like groundhog day and BBM as returned, 'we dominated possession, we created chances, the team is developing.......', but we lost again. I agree there is talent in the team and we are better then most teams in the division, however we are our worse enemy by playing Jim's preferred pedestrian possession football style, yes possession football is great, if you have top internationals, but we have not!

I do wonder if Jim ever reads the forum or gets feedback from others, but he needs to wake up and learn from his mistakes, because he coaches the team and decides on the tactics and football management is a result based business.

How are we better than most teams in the division?
Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 10:10 - Oct 15 with 1632 viewssamueloneils

Its mostly said above.

Being sat right above the linesman in the 2nd half. I counted 6 occasions when there were 5 or even 6 attackers lined up against the Hereford defensive wall, and yet not once did a midfielder take the chance tp slip a ball through a gap alongside those attackers . They chose every time to play sideways or back.

OK so most of those potential forward passes may have reulted in losing possession , but still in the opponents half. But one would probably have got through. You could see Hendo tearing his hair out for just one bit of boldness.

As above, possession isnt everything. Clayton, East and Gilmour are talented players but they need more ambition.

Jim is wrong- its not just about taking chances, its about creating chances.

Hayes was the one star today, and now EEL is presumably banned for the Oldham game.
Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 10:13 - Oct 15 with 1615 views442Dale

The biggest problem for me is not the passing it around in our half or even the middle third, it’s the lack of conviction in the final third. Instead of getting crosses into the box or shooting, we “recycle” (horrible phrase) the ball and start again.

We don’t play overplay it our own own defensive third anymore and someone correctly pointed out how the two goals at Maidenhead came from long passes forward by EEL. Add those to the Moulden assists and McNulty’s sides can’t be accused of overdoing the “total football”. It’s that we pass/pass/pass when we’re with thirty yards of the opposition goal.

Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 10:21 - Oct 15 with 1602 viewsfrenzied

Im sure 18 months ago Jim never imagined he would be in the position he is now.

He will be cautious by nature for some time to come..he inherited a mess..he is attempting to stabilise the team from game to game.

I never expected Dale to take his league by storm..mid way will be a good finish..Jim wasn't my preferred choice but hes made a decent fist of it.

The cup defeat is dissapointing particularly since i heard an interview given by the Hereford manager before the game that indicated he was 4 or 5 regular first teamers missing due to injury.

Its certainly better than last season for sure
Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 10:46 - Oct 15 with 1523 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 20:34 - Oct 14 by sxdale

We won't beat a keeper with zero arms or legs because we don't f****** shoot we aren't up against Ederson, Allison or Pope. We should be shooting at every opportunity or at least half chance and follow it up in case the keeper spills it. Stop trying to walk the ball into the f****** net. As someone remarked today you won't win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket.

There's an interview with Bulls GK, Pond..... seems surprised with our shower, says all his saves were pretty routine and he was expected to save. Caddis had also done his homework on us and had us well sussed before hand watching us get dicked at Solihull......did McNulty trip down and watch them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024