Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. 20:42 - Apr 24 with 105062 viewsDale57

What things and places have a special place in your Rochdale childhood.........
Some of mine are
Brights nursery on whitwoth rd
Heybrook school
Howarth cross
Football and sports against other schools around Rochdale
Rochdale baths
ABC cinema
Holingworth lake
Fair on cattle market (now cop shop)
Ashy valley flats
Loads more.
Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 21:46 - Apr 25 with 10023 views49thseason

Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 21:07 - Apr 25 by mikehunt

Sam Smiths brewery on Molesworth Street and the smell of hops and malt over town when they were brewing.
Also near the bottom of Molesworth street, on the bridge, were some ancient piss stones which simply drained straight into the Roch.
The Vavasour Hotel
Swinging from a bike tyre slung on the ladder support of the gas street lamp outside our house. (and that was about 1958/9)
Fanny Brierley's chippie.

.... and can anyone remember the name of the pub on Milnrow Road sort of Sarah Butterworth Street area?
.... and what was the name of that club where a riot broke out when the Rolling Stones didn't appear?

Kubi Club!

The Masque
San Remo
The Bon Bon Cafe (proper afternoon teas with cake stands)
5 a-side competitions at the Drill Hall
Bowls to wash in after a match on Lenny Barn (and usually cold water)
Brylcreem dispensers at the baths
Chewing gum machines with a free one if the arrow pointed forward
Revising for exams in the reference library - (didn't do much good!!)
Radio Luxembourg - Jimmy Savile's "under the bedclothes club" will never be quite the same)
Radio Caroline on sunny days in Springfield Park
Come to think of it , what happened to sunny days?
The Man from UNCLE
Simon Dee
Pan's People
Rochdale Holidays
Rochdale Chambers (under the town hall)
The Way We Live (later Tractor)
Derby Street Juniors football pitch - scoring from the half way line in a Rochdale schools u11s trial (I was 9 and got picked!)
A "pobble" on top of Knowle Hill (before windmills)
Spoe - (licorice and water shaken up in a bottle)
Lucky bags
Jumping off the back of buses before they stopped.
The smell of Park Drive 200 yards from Spotland
The constant expectation we would win at home, the despair when we didn't
Sneaking into Spotland for the last quarter of an hour if we had been playing on Lenny Barn.
Happy days indeed - Life today is too complicated!

Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 22:02 - Apr 25 with 10007 viewsDale57

Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 21:43 - Apr 25 by TalkingSutty

Remember the train being set on fire by Dale fans (It made the ten o`clock news) travelling back from a night match at the Shay. We all got put on buses and transported back to Halifax Police station and i remember my dad having to come and pick me up at 6am in the morning. Being a cop himself he wasnt impressed.

Was that the train where the toilet was launched through the window on to the platform ?
Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 22:12 - Apr 25 with 10000 viewsTalkingSutty

Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 22:02 - Apr 25 by Dale57

Was that the train where the toilet was launched through the window on to the platform ?

Yes, either Sowerby or Hebden Bridge.
Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 22:22 - Apr 25 with 9984 viewssince58

Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 20:03 - Apr 25 by Dale57

Do we have any old Deepdale Emeralds players on here,they played on stoneyfield and played in "ahem" green.

yes played in every game on stoneyfield we used to get changed in chalkers potatos shed on deeplish a guy called george was the manager happy days
Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 22:27 - Apr 25 with 9977 viewsDale57

Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 22:22 - Apr 25 by since58

yes played in every game on stoneyfield we used to get changed in chalkers potatos shed on deeplish a guy called george was the manager happy days

I also played for them and remember the changing rooms ha ha....A couple of the team when i played was Anthony Dower,Cyril Popham,Dutton RIP in goal.My first game for them was against Burnley on stoneyfield.
Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 22:51 - Apr 25 with 9949 viewssince58

Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 22:27 - Apr 25 by Dale57

I also played for them and remember the changing rooms ha ha....A couple of the team when i played was Anthony Dower,Cyril Popham,Dutton RIP in goal.My first game for them was against Burnley on stoneyfield.

we played in the east manchester sunday junior league and beat every team in sight some of theplayers iremember were billy popham john mc gloughin kenny gill charlie simpson mick gallagher mick taylor john melia dave hassel most of us went on to play for robert rileys
Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 22:57 - Apr 25 with 9944 viewsDale57

Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 22:51 - Apr 25 by since58

we played in the east manchester sunday junior league and beat every team in sight some of theplayers iremember were billy popham john mc gloughin kenny gill charlie simpson mick gallagher mick taylor john melia dave hassel most of us went on to play for robert rileys

It sounds as though we was the young guns,lol because Billy Popham (Cyrils older brother played for the older lads).I remember us being in the manchester sunday league and we too had a good record except the game against Burnley (lost 10-0)
Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 23:00 - Apr 25 with 9942 viewsmikehunt

UCP Tripe shop
Entwistle Road viaduct
Holding the tapes off the Boy's Brigade banner on Whit Walks. What happened to parades?
Harry Bonnet
Half a day off skoo for Ascension Day. Sure that was just a Rochdale thing.
The Grapes Inn. Never went in but it had a reputation for being rough.
Rackie's Pond
The noise of steam locos shunting at the Chichester Street sidings and having to wait whilst goods trains crossed Fishwick Street

Who bloody started this reminiscing....

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Login to get fewer ads

Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 23:32 - Apr 25 with 9926 viewsDale57

Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 23:00 - Apr 25 by mikehunt

UCP Tripe shop
Entwistle Road viaduct
Holding the tapes off the Boy's Brigade banner on Whit Walks. What happened to parades?
Harry Bonnet
Half a day off skoo for Ascension Day. Sure that was just a Rochdale thing.
The Grapes Inn. Never went in but it had a reputation for being rough.
Rackie's Pond
The noise of steam locos shunting at the Chichester Street sidings and having to wait whilst goods trains crossed Fishwick Street

Who bloody started this reminiscing....

Ha ha Harry Bonnet,now theres a name from the past.Was you there when they blew the viaduct up and it crashed into the barbers,lol
Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 00:23 - Apr 26 with 9917 viewsSuddenLad

Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 21:07 - Apr 25 by mikehunt

Sam Smiths brewery on Molesworth Street and the smell of hops and malt over town when they were brewing.
Also near the bottom of Molesworth street, on the bridge, were some ancient piss stones which simply drained straight into the Roch.
The Vavasour Hotel
Swinging from a bike tyre slung on the ladder support of the gas street lamp outside our house. (and that was about 1958/9)
Fanny Brierley's chippie.

.... and can anyone remember the name of the pub on Milnrow Road sort of Sarah Butterworth Street area?
.... and what was the name of that club where a riot broke out when the Rolling Stones didn't appear?

The 'Bowling Green' pub was at the corner of James Butterworth Street/Milnrow Road. When it closed for redevelopment and building of the Guinness Trust estate, the licence was transferred to that pub on Church Road, (now also closed) near St. Peters' Church.

The brewery on Molesworth Street was Rochdale & Manor Brewery - Big Kindo probably still has one of their beer mats.

Rag & Bone man with donkey stones and balloons
Marsh's Cafe, Blackwater Street
Fox & Dog Pub, Toad Lane
Batesons Hardware & Ironmongers, Yorkshire Street
Talbot Inn, (Higsons Beers) John Street

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 05:41 - Apr 26 with 9866 viewskiwidale

What a cracking thread this is, the good old days it's caused me to post for the first time in years. I remember

Lenny barn...

School games in winter with no hot water in the changing hut it was like playing in Siberia in a blizzard how none of us died of exposure I'll never know It was bloody freezing, I'm sure one year when played Greenbank they had a penguin playing for them. Your feet hands and fingers got so frozen you could not feel them to untie your boot laces someone said piss on your hands but you couldn't feel your dick even if you could find it.

The Indoor market...

remember that entrance off toad lane was like a sauna, spent many a winters day in there after school defrosting then playing hide n seek inside.

The lift in the co-op or was it pioneers?..

It was the only one in rochdale at the time it went all the way up to the first floor I remember being told about it at school when I was about 6 this kid said how you walked through a door in the wall and when door opened again you were somewhere else? it sounded a load of bollocks to me but we would ride it up and down all day until we got thrown out.

That big wooden revolving door at the Electric house...

remember that? is it still there? if you were quick and worked as a team you could spin that fooker 4 or 5 times before losing consciousness.

Television...

I remember my dad taking me to joe hinnigans house at the top end of Brotherhood Hall rd when I was five to watch the 1955 fa cup final when Bert Trautmann broke his neck. Joe was my dads mate he was also the bookies runner in the Brickcroft which explains why dad never had any money but joe had lots. Joes house was the only one on Brotherhood estate that had a TV or carpets for that matter there were also no cars on the estate either apart from a guy up Daniel Fold who owned a right old clapped out pre-war banger first world war that is.

Money back on pop bottles...

if you were lucky enough to find a pop bottle you got threepence back on it at Fittons shop and you were loaded. I remember once getting an empty pop bottle as a birthday present ffs mind you the only pop we ever got in our house was corporation pop so I shouldn't grumble.

When coaches were called Charabancs...

you used to go away on day trips (proper holidays were for rich people Curbstone Edge was the furthest we went ) you caught a charabanc usually Ellen Smiths they were always threpence cheaper than Yelloways mind you got what you paid for Yelloways had pneumatic tyres and the like and as for trains well trains were for posh folks snobs and Protestants, us Catholics knew our role in life making sure priest and bishop lived in lap of luxury.

Climbing over the wall into Spotland...

as a nipper it was over the concrete wall at the back of pearl st between the turnstiles and old wooden hut this was considered easy peasy entry level later on it was up over the big wall behind the Sandy but you had to be dead hard to do that.

Bath nights...

ours was Sunday night whether you needed it or not, the immersion heater was switched on for a couple of hours if mum did it about ten minutes if dad was home and woe betide you if the shilling went. We took turns in the same water we were lucky, there was only four of us them buggers next door was ten of them.

Hairstyles...

only three choices back then it was either a quiff a comb over or worse still bald there was however degrees of bald, there was the fried egg the friar tuck and coco the clown. Everybody I knew had a quiff dad used brylcreem or brilliantine I just used soap it was cheaper and it set rock hard you could ride a motorbike into town at 100 miles an hour and it would still be perfect.

Love hearts...

I would buy them using my lunch money at Cooneys shop opposite the back gate at st pats school, to be honest they were shit toffees but you could let a lass know you fancied them anonymously just leave one saying "my sweetheart" or "kiss me" on her school desk and wait till she found it then deny it was you, just don't let her catch you with a gob full of them.

while I'm at it...

Whatever happened to white dog shit? or snake belts? or that dolly blue stuff they used to paint on kids heads for lice or ringworm?.. never had it myself thank goodness it was like being branded a dirty swine, they might as well as hung a sign round your neck saying "caution this fecker is infected avoid all contact".

sayings you don't hear these days...

Condoms were called french letters or Johnny bags back then also you would hear things like "Can I have your docker in reference to a cigarette butt" likewise "can I have a drag on your fag" which if agreeable would often come with the caution "ok but don't put a n*ggers arse on it" and when someone gobbed out in the street you'd say "mind you don't slip on that kerbstone oyster" there must be must be lots more? keep them coming.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

This is not the time for bickering.

Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 06:51 - Apr 26 with 9850 viewsTalkingSutty

Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 05:41 - Apr 26 by kiwidale

What a cracking thread this is, the good old days it's caused me to post for the first time in years. I remember

Lenny barn...

School games in winter with no hot water in the changing hut it was like playing in Siberia in a blizzard how none of us died of exposure I'll never know It was bloody freezing, I'm sure one year when played Greenbank they had a penguin playing for them. Your feet hands and fingers got so frozen you could not feel them to untie your boot laces someone said piss on your hands but you couldn't feel your dick even if you could find it.

The Indoor market...

remember that entrance off toad lane was like a sauna, spent many a winters day in there after school defrosting then playing hide n seek inside.

It was the only one in rochdale at the time it went all the way up to the first floor I remember being told about it at school when I was about 6 this kid said how you walked through a door in the wall and when door opened again you were somewhere else? it sounded a load of bollocks to me but we would ride it up and down all day until we got thrown out.

remember that? is it still there? if you were quick and worked as a team you could spin that fooker 4 or 5 times before losing consciousness.

Television...

I remember my dad taking me to joe hinnigans house at the top end of Brotherhood Hall rd when I was five to watch the 1955 fa cup final when Bert Trautmann broke his neck. Joe was my dads mate he was also the bookies runner in the Brickcroft which explains why dad never had any money but joe had lots. Joes house was the only one on Brotherhood estate that had a TV or carpets for that matter there were also no cars on the estate either apart from a guy up Daniel Fold who owned a right old clapped out pre-war banger first world war that is.

if you were lucky enough to find a pop bottle you got threepence back on it at Fittons shop and you were loaded. I remember once getting an empty pop bottle as a birthday present ffs mind you the only pop we ever got in our house was corporation pop so I shouldn't grumble.

you used to go away on day trips (proper holidays were for rich people Curbstone Edge was the furthest we went ) you caught a charabanc usually Ellen Smiths they were always threpence cheaper than Yelloways mind you got what you paid for Yelloways had pneumatic tyres and the like and as for trains well trains were for posh folks snobs and Protestants, us Catholics knew our role in life making sure priest and bishop lived in lap of luxury.

as a nipper it was over the concrete wall at the back of pearl st between the turnstiles and old wooden hut this was considered easy peasy entry level later on it was up over the big wall behind the Sandy but you had to be dead hard to do that.

Bath nights...

ours was Sunday night whether you needed it or not, the immersion heater was switched on for a couple of hours if mum did it about ten minutes if dad was home and woe betide you if the shilling went. We took turns in the same water we were lucky, there was only four of us them buggers next door was ten of them.

Hairstyles...

only three choices back then it was either a quiff a comb over or worse still bald there was however degrees of bald, there was the fried egg the friar tuck and coco the clown. Everybody I knew had a quiff dad used brylcreem or brilliantine I just used soap it was cheaper and it set rock hard you could ride a motorbike into town at 100 miles an hour and it would still be perfect.

Love hearts...

I would buy them using my lunch money at Cooneys shop opposite the back gate at st pats school, to be honest they were shit toffees but you could let a lass know you fancied them anonymously just leave one saying "my sweetheart" or "kiss me" on her school desk and wait till she found it then deny it was you, just don't let her catch you with a gob full of them.

while I'm at it...

Whatever happened to white dog shit? or snake belts? or that dolly blue stuff they used to paint on kids heads for lice or ringworm?.. never had it myself thank goodness it was like being branded a dirty swine, they might as well as hung a sign round your neck saying "caution this fecker is infected avoid all contact".

Condoms were called french letters or Johnny bags back then also you would hear things like "Can I have your docker in reference to a cigarette butt" likewise "can I have a drag on your fag" which if agreeable would often come with the caution "ok but don't put a n*ggers arse on it" and when someone gobbed out in the street you'd say "mind you don't slip on that kerbstone oyster" there must be must be lots more? keep them coming.

You should post more, brilliant.
Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 08:57 - Apr 26 with 9825 viewsSuddenLad

Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 05:41 - Apr 26 by kiwidale

Lenny barn...

The Indoor market...

Television...

Bath nights...

Hairstyles...

Love hearts...

while I'm at it...

Sadly, the Electric House is now demolished and a new bus station/tram terminus is being built.

That 'dolly blue' stuff was for washing clothes especially in a tub with a posser. The stuff painted on your face was gentian violet, used to treat that nasty skin complaint called impetigo.

I remember we had a kid in our class at school who was so cross-eyed that when he cried, we reckoned the tears rolled down his back !! He went to the children's clinic on Penn Street and re-appeared with a pair of NHS glasses and one of the lenses was covered with sticking plaster because he had a 'lazy eye'. He would come to school in a belted gaberdine, balaclava and wellies with a purple cheek, NHS glasses and a cap that was too small. What a bloody sight.

He looked like something from an Oxfam advert, but he was happy enough. He used to live on Mitchell Street and I often wonder what became of him. A really smashing lad but crap at sport. (Think of Casper in 'Kes')

Talking of sweets, what happened to 'Spanish Gold' tobacco which came wrapped in wax paper, frozen jubbly's, arrow bars, bar six, dragees, Nux bars, Five Boys- which had 5 separate pieces of chocolate in a single bar, each impressed with a different facial expression of a boy, from joy to sadness.

Then there were sherbet fountains, kali, liquorice root, invalid toffee, flying saucers, Caramac (a pale brown chocolate bar that was the colour of the contents of a babies nappy and tasted similar -ugh !), cigarettes sold from outdoor vending machines in packets of 5 that came with two matches.

What about 'Wobbly Bob' the newspaper seller ? He locked himself into a yellow box round the corner from the Wellington Hotel (in Smith Street) from where he sold the Manchester Evening News, Football Pink and Green Final.

He used to have one of those tricycle things that had pedals operated by your hands in a winding motion, rather than with your feet, because he couldn't walk properly and had 'gammy legs'. Hence - 'Wobbly Bob'. A Woodbine cigarette was permanently hanging from the corner of his mouth and it danced up and down as he spoke. He invariably had one eye closed because the smoke from his ciggy was irritating him.

Occasionally, if their printing van was there, we used to congregate on the club car park at Spotland after the match to get hold of the first copies of the Football Pink 'Final Edition'. It had the final scores printed in the 'Stop Press' column. Dozens of us to scour the results as we walked home because there was no way we would see the TV in time (even if we had one !). Other than that it was a massive queue at the local newsagent waiting for the van to drop off the bundle of papers which were usually chucked from the moving van onto the pavement outside the shop. Cue a mad scramble for the paper and hope there were enough copies to go round !

Izal toilet paper. Each rough sheet was printed with the words 'Now wash your hands please'. What it should have said was 'How bad does your arse feel now' It was like using sandpaper. We had it in school. Dreadful stuff.

I'm sure there's more out there.............

Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 09:53 - Apr 26 with 9808 viewsBigKindo

Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 00:23 - Apr 26 by SuddenLad

The 'Bowling Green' pub was at the corner of James Butterworth Street/Milnrow Road. When it closed for redevelopment and building of the Guinness Trust estate, the licence was transferred to that pub on Church Road, (now also closed) near St. Peters' Church.

The brewery on Molesworth Street was Rochdale & Manor Brewery - Big Kindo probably still has one of their beer mats.

Rag & Bone man with donkey stones and balloons
Marsh's Cafe, Blackwater Street
Fox & Dog Pub, Toad Lane
Batesons Hardware & Ironmongers, Yorkshire Street
Talbot Inn, (Higsons Beers) John Street

Rochdale and Manor Brewery did issue beermats. Unfortunately I haven't any examples. Now if anybody does have any I could knock a chuck out of your season ticket costs.
Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 09:53 - Apr 26 with 9808 viewsregjenkins

Dale playing in black and white.
Black and white coaches
Rochdale wakes week
Cassie Baths
Red 17 Bus to Manchester
Rail service from Milnrow to Bolton
Saint Albans Church
Newhey Saint Tomas Cricket Club
Bottom Bird FC
Being able to fill my Triumph Stag for a fiver.
Roys Barbers Milnrow
Being raided by police in Milnrow Working mans club when underage.
Brimrod infants/Juniors/Mathew Moss schools.
Dunsterville being a girls unit foe Social Services.
Rochdale Town Center being full of people on Saturday mornings.
Having me tonsils out at Birch Hill..

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 09:54 - Apr 26 with 9804 viewsBigKindo

Lenny barn...

The Indoor market...

Television...

Bath nights...

Hairstyles...

Love hearts...

while I'm at it...

What's bath night? Love Hearts are still on sale but are now politically correct.
Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 11:10 - Apr 26 with 9781 viewsDaley_Lama

Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 21:25 - Apr 25 by pnc4eva1

Black peas at footie
The guy who used to sing when we stood in the cinema queue

That's my afore mentioned Bruce Springsteen.

I went to school in South Manchester for 7 years and got there by bus every day. Number 16/17(slow) 23/24(slow)

Week on Week, Month on Month, Year on Year Bruce was there every morning at 7:00 am with his sony walkman and his curly perm belting out Born in the USA.

Cinemas, Bus Stations, Shopping Malls, Bruce was doing it long before Tiffany and Debbie Gibson came along.

Poll: DF in or out

Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 11:55 - Apr 26 with 9766 viewsChaffRAFC

Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 19:59 - Apr 25 by TalkingSutty

Racing Panda cars around the Athletics Ground at 4am in the morning, i bet your dad remembers that Chaff,on second thoughts he was probably sleeping

He's been keeping an eye on this thread and saw your reply and called you a cheeky get. As it happens, he doesn't remember that so you could be right. What he does remember is going up to Springy Park near the end of his shift with all the other coppers and playing footy as it got light. He said they always had to use a ball they'd confiscate off some lads who they'd catch up to no good so they could play.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 13:37 - Apr 26 with 9729 viewsDale57

I'm really suprised nobody has mentioned Taylors cafe and San remo.
Little demon bangers,cant think of the name of them others.
Arrowbars
Adams best butter
Cephos powders
Little toys (similar to inside Kinder eggs) you got free off the co-op in town when your mam did the shopping.
Black Jacks
Free dinners,lol
Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 14:10 - Apr 26 with 9717 viewsdownunder

Lenny barn...

The Indoor market...

Television...

Bath nights...

Hairstyles...

Love hearts...

while I'm at it...

Well A'll go t' foot of ar stairs
G/day Kiwidale
Glad there are a few b****rs older than me, from Rochdale, in NZ.
Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 14:55 - Apr 26 with 9603 viewsD_Alien

Been away a few days, and come back to nostalgia central!

Anyone remember the "bombed buildings" on old Manchester Road? I used to play in t' rubble when I was a lad! They were about where the petrol station on the dual carriageway is now, and were bombed by mistake with the luftwaffe mistaking Rochdale for Manchester.

Used to love the old bus tickets you'd get from the machines the bus conductor carried around. One of our games was to go into the town centre and find as many discarded tickets where the numbers added up to 21, no prize for the winner but it passed many a boring afternoon in t' school holidays, plus you get chance to check out the shop girls getting their buses home!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 16:25 - Apr 26 with 9577 viewsjudd

Talking of slappers, there was one who used to "operate" in Nell Rackers that we labelled the Turf Hill Terror.

What was that Robinson's pub at top of John Street called - St James' Tavern?

That weird bloke who used to stand underneath the same light in the Baum every time you went in. Looked like he was a Zanussi inventor.

That big copper with the huge moustache who used to patrol the town centre.

Rock Nights at Tiff's on Wednesdays. Complete with chicken in a fookin' basket.

Handsome Joe nicking my mates leather jacket, and my mate, slashed up, reporting it to the cops. The copper putting a message out to look out for "Handsome Joe".

Free tickets from school for Dale games.

Those blue cars alongside the pitch at Dale, watching them almost tip over if they got a ball side on to them.

Having a slash in the Wilbutts bogs and still being able to watch the game.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 17:28 - Apr 26 with 9559 viewsseasidedale

ABC Minors (saturday morning pictures)
PE teacher at Greenhill mr Pinder I think his colleugue was called Ashworth
Chorlton's bakery and shop on Whitworth road
Walks in Ashworth Valley and futrher afield Brown Wardle a big hill in Whitworth
Finnerties paper shop at the bottom of the Butts
What was that posh sweet shop called there used to sell noughar with cherries in
Whitworth road care sales bought my first car there a Hillman Avenger
Playing football on a slopping pitch at a school called Brownhill off Heights lane
Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 17:36 - Apr 26 with 9555 viewsSuddenLad

Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 17:28 - Apr 26 by seasidedale

ABC Minors (saturday morning pictures)
PE teacher at Greenhill mr Pinder I think his colleugue was called Ashworth
Chorlton's bakery and shop on Whitworth road
Walks in Ashworth Valley and futrher afield Brown Wardle a big hill in Whitworth
Finnerties paper shop at the bottom of the Butts
What was that posh sweet shop called there used to sell noughar with cherries in
Whitworth road care sales bought my first car there a Hillman Avenger
Playing football on a slopping pitch at a school called Brownhill off Heights lane

Abe Pinder was the teacher. His sidekick for a while was John Jones from 'darn sarf'.

He used to call his slipper 'excalibur'. It was a size 13 and he knew how to wield it to maximum effect.

Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 18:00 - Apr 26 with 9542 viewssweetcorn

Church Inn.
Koko's. lawl.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024