Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dagnall Released 14:47 - May 10 with 7104 viewsdale1968

By Crewe...
Worth a punt or past it?

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Dagnall Released on 15:00 - May 10 with 4388 viewsPotterDale

A retrograde step for us
Dagnall Released on 15:23 - May 10 with 4308 viewsoff2div1

Good one for Oldham/Bury
Dagnall Released on 18:07 - May 10 with 4045 viewsaleanddale

nah - we need to move on...

Players looking for a final pay check are more bury cup of tea. He could end up there.

Great player for us but its 2018/19 now - not 2008/2009.
Dagnall Released on 18:48 - May 10 with 3953 viewsblackdogblue

He’s slimmer than Steve Davies & Holty, I would take him a squad player if nothing else but to help the youngsters

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Dagnall Released on 19:21 - May 10 with 3884 viewsScunnydale

He's the 'type' of player we could do with. Someone who instinctively knows where the goal is and is also mobile. A 'fox in the box' type.

I've not seen Daggers in many a year, so no idea if he'd still be able to do a job.
Dagnall Released on 19:22 - May 10 with 3881 viewsfrenzied

Dagnall Released on 18:48 - May 10 by blackdogblue

He’s slimmer than Steve Davies & Holty, I would take him a squad player if nothing else but to help the youngsters

I wouldnt take him back as great as he was when he was here.

Holt for me was well worth a return hed played at the highest level and his game awareness was a great asset to the team when he came back.

Daggers was a good quality league one player at best
Dagnall Released on 19:30 - May 10 with 3850 viewsrochdale_ranger

Overall I don’t think we need to bring in many more players we need to ship some out and bring in one or two key players. Would like to see us sign a proven striker even if it means we spend a few quid.
Dagnall Released on 19:37 - May 10 with 3832 viewsCrede_Sign0

I think it could be worth a whirl.
If we thought Redshaw was viable last year - i’d take Daggers all day long.
Login to get fewer ads

Dagnall Released on 19:46 - May 10 with 3804 views49thseason

I don't think we should be signing anyone over the age of 28 or 29. I think we need to feel that we can get 3 or 4 good seasons out of the right signing. Signing players who may only have 12 months in their legs does nothing to make the overall squad better. we need pace, resilience and a capacity to improve younger players, not someone just looking to pay his mortgage for another year.
Dagnall Released on 20:12 - May 10 with 3767 viewsAtThePeake

Dagnall Released on 19:21 - May 10 by Scunnydale

He's the 'type' of player we could do with. Someone who instinctively knows where the goal is and is also mobile. A 'fox in the box' type.

I've not seen Daggers in many a year, so no idea if he'd still be able to do a job.

If Middlesbrough fancy giving him some more game time, I'd love to get George Miller for 12 months.

Tangled up in blue.

Dagnall Released on 20:45 - May 10 with 3690 viewsrochdaleriddler

Dagnall Released on 19:46 - May 10 by 49thseason

I don't think we should be signing anyone over the age of 28 or 29. I think we need to feel that we can get 3 or 4 good seasons out of the right signing. Signing players who may only have 12 months in their legs does nothing to make the overall squad better. we need pace, resilience and a capacity to improve younger players, not someone just looking to pay his mortgage for another year.

Absolutely, no more talk of players who were great 10 years ago, let's have Doyle from Preston or Dennis from Chesterfield , proven may cost a bit in wages but all our team needed last season was more goals, and a midfield enforcer

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Dagnall Released on 21:02 - May 10 with 3631 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Totally agree re not signing ex players........ Rhys Bennett has been released by Mansfield oooohhhhh.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Dagnall Released on 21:09 - May 10 with 3596 viewskiwidale

Dagnall Released on 21:02 - May 10 by BigDaveMyCock

Totally agree re not signing ex players........ Rhys Bennett has been released by Mansfield oooohhhhh.

It would be interesting if Hill picked up a player that Flitcroft released esp if Bennett come good under Hill.

This is not the time for bickering.

Dagnall Released on 21:20 - May 10 with 3561 viewsrochdaleriddler

Dagnall Released on 21:09 - May 10 by kiwidale

It would be interesting if Hill picked up a player that Flitcroft released esp if Bennett come good under Hill.

Given that Hill released him, now flitcroft has suggests there may be an issue with the guy?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Dagnall Released on 21:28 - May 10 with 3529 viewsrichfoad32

Dagnall Released on 21:02 - May 10 by BigDaveMyCock

Quite surprised by this. He was getting rave reviews at the Stags last season and I think he picked up a couple of Player of the Year Awards, not sure what his form has been like this season. I wouldn't be adverse to seeing him back at Dale, always thought he was a decent utility player. If we are to bring back any former players I would sooner it be Bennett than Dagnall anyway.
Dagnall Released on 22:05 - May 10 with 3418 viewskiwidale

Dagnall Released on 21:20 - May 10 by rochdaleriddler

Given that Hill released him, now flitcroft has suggests there may be an issue with the guy?

That did cross my mind.

This is not the time for bickering.

Dagnall Released on 22:09 - May 10 with 3400 views49thseason

Dagnall Released on 21:28 - May 10 by richfoad32

Quite surprised by this. He was getting rave reviews at the Stags last season and I think he picked up a couple of Player of the Year Awards, not sure what his form has been like this season. I wouldn't be adverse to seeing him back at Dale, always thought he was a decent utility player. If we are to bring back any former players I would sooner it be Bennett than Dagnall anyway.

Bennett has nothing to offer that we dont already have better versions of.
Dagnall Released on 22:12 - May 10 with 3391 viewsnordenblue

Dagnall Released on 22:09 - May 10 by 49thseason

Name a current decent squad player who can play a good few positions when needed?
Dagnall Released on 22:14 - May 10 with 3376 viewsJimmyRustler

Dagnall Released on 22:12 - May 10 by nordenblue

Name a current decent squad player who can play a good few positions when needed?

Keith Keane?
Dagnall Released on 22:18 - May 10 with 3358 views442Dale

Dagnall Released on 22:09 - May 10 by 49thseason

Not sure he’d be seen as an answer now but Bennett could play in five different positions depending on what formation we use. Right back, wing back, centre half in a two, sweeper/central defender in a three, defensive midfield. With the options available currently in our squad, I’d expect him to be playing all of those roles throughout a season, he’s proven at this level.

That doesn’t mean we should sign him again, but nor should we pretend that we are too good for players of his versatility.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Dagnall Released on 22:19 - May 10 with 3354 viewsrichfoad32

Dagnall Released on 22:14 - May 10 by JimmyRustler

Keith Keane?

Perhaps he should've added the caveat 'and able to stay fit' as well.
Dagnall Released on 22:21 - May 10 with 3337 viewsJimmyRustler

Dagnall Released on 22:19 - May 10 by richfoad32

Was just playing devil's advocate tbh. There must be a reason why KH released Bennett first time around and this is slightly different to the Wiseman scenario in terms of the timeframe involved. I wouldn't be averse to Rhys coming back as I think he was unfairly released but I just can't see it happening personally
Dagnall Released on 22:21 - May 10 with 3340 viewsnordenblue

Dagnall Released on 22:14 - May 10 by JimmyRustler

Keith Keane?

How may different positions has he played this season?
Dagnall Released on 22:23 - May 10 with 3327 viewsnordenblue

Dagnall Released on 22:19 - May 10 by richfoad32

The word "play" was the clue
Dagnall Released on 22:24 - May 10 with 3314 viewsJimmyRustler

Dagnall Released on 22:21 - May 10 by nordenblue

How may different positions has he played this season?

You said who *can* play, not who *has* played.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024