Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Christmas Message from the Board 09:59 - Dec 24 with 9171 viewsisitme

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/december/christmasmessage2021/

Again, another excellent piece of communication from Simon. The part about potential transfers was particularly interesting Long may it continue.
Christmas Message from the Board on 10:30 - Dec 24 with 5747 viewssamueloneils

What a brilliant message. Who would have believed this possible last June. Note the update re signings and departures. Superb.
Christmas Message from the Board on 10:41 - Dec 24 with 5709 viewsDaleiLama

I hope our ex-(self-appointed)CEO is taking notes. That's how to communicate. Oh, and how to run a club too. No thoughts whatsoever of lining his own pockets. Bravo. 👏

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Christmas Message from the Board on 10:59 - Dec 24 with 5644 viewsjudd

Christmas Message from the Board on 10:41 - Dec 24 by DaleiLama

I hope our ex-(self-appointed)CEO is taking notes. That's how to communicate. Oh, and how to run a club too. No thoughts whatsoever of lining his own pockets. Bravo. 👏

Spine tingling and fantastically transparent. Love being a Dale fan again thanks to the new board and manager.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Christmas Message from the Board on 11:02 - Dec 24 with 5634 viewskel

What an excellent read. Merry Christmas to the board too who took on a right shite show thanks to certain ex board members. They could have decided to not get involved but stepped up and got us to where we are now.

Couldn’t think of a better bunch of people to take the club forward.
Christmas Message from the Board on 11:25 - Dec 24 with 5541 views49thseason

Excellent. Our chairman communicates with us as shareholders and partners rather than keeping us in the dark and shoveling manure in our direction that previous regimes seemed to think was an acceptable way to treat fans.
The brief financial section seems to indicate that the ship has been steadied and is now heading into calmer waters, a marvellous achievement given the internal and external circumstances they (and we) have had to contend with. There is even some elbow room to add to the squad if required!
Hearty congratulations and a big thankyou are due to the Board and staff and what better time of year to start looking forwards to better days?
Merry Christmas one and all!
Christmas Message from the Board on 11:56 - Dec 24 with 5416 viewsdaledaft

I don't post very often but had to after reading that from our chairman.
What a Christmas cracker of a message !
Thank you Mr Chairman, the Board and all who have worked so hard this last six months. Merry Christmas 🎅
Christmas Message from the Board on 12:03 - Dec 24 with 5366 viewsD_Alien

Quite simply, the best Christmas Message any Chairman of the club has ever delivered, both in terms of content but also tone. Tuned in, rather than tone deaf!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Christmas Message from the Board on 12:27 - Dec 24 with 5296 viewselectricblue

This new board have worked wonders since they came in to stabilise the club and like many who before the EGM never expected that the last 6months of 2021 would happen...
Well done simon and co.
The future is bright and postive.....

Merry Christmas

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Login to get fewer ads

Christmas Message from the Board on 12:35 - Dec 24 with 5265 viewsR17ALE

Christmas Message from the Board on 12:03 - Dec 24 by D_Alien

Quite simply, the best Christmas Message any Chairman of the club has ever delivered, both in terms of content but also tone. Tuned in, rather than tone deaf!

Agreed.

There's a sort of unwritten rule being a Dale fan in as much as we're all equal. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do, how many away games you do etc. Everyone is equal.

That comes across in this message. We're not being sneered at or told to F Off and don't come back. We're not being patronised by being told how incredibly hard everyone is working. We're not having to see that bloody word "elite" in front of "football", and best of all there is no mention of any other football club, nor is there any negativity surrounding our natural place in the pyramid or any impending doom.

The tip of the cap to the financials provides reassurance to those who worry about that side of things, as is the suggestion that plans are afoot to increase revenues rather than an elderly gormless oaf rambling on about there being a plan which we will follow and it will work.

The only downside is that my "Christmas Bollocks from the Board" bingo card has remained completely unscathed!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Christmas Message from the Board on 13:17 - Dec 24 with 5118 viewsBrierls

Christmas Message from the Board on 12:03 - Dec 24 by D_Alien

I was about to say the same thing.

It's a fantastic statement, written by somebody who understands and doesn't see communication as an inconvenience.

It's genuinely put a smile on my face.
Christmas Message from the Board on 13:35 - Dec 24 with 5038 viewsSalegraham

Brilliant stuff, he talks up his manager but he was in the same position, I think he's done a superb job in an equally difficult time.
Christmas Message from the Board on 13:42 - Dec 24 with 5007 views442Dale

Christmas Message from the Board on 13:35 - Dec 24 by Salegraham

Brilliant stuff, he talks up his manager but he was in the same position, I think he's done a superb job in an equally difficult time.

The comments about Stockdale illustrate how much he is suited to the club. When he talks about what’s gone on off the field you can sense genuine empathy and understanding, even though you’d rightly expect as a manager he’d have full focus on the football. He gets Dale, for that reason alone there should be even greater appreciation that, sometimes, formations and results aren’t the be all and end all.

It’s proving to be a very astute appointment by a board that has done very well so far, this Christmas message being a further illustration of that.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Christmas Message from the Board on 13:42 - Dec 24 with 5007 viewsHullDale

Brilliant. Simply brilliant.

Open, honest, clear communication from somebody who obviously sees his role as a custodian of the club, and not just using it as a vehicle for personal progression or gain.

I genuinely can't think of a single thing I'd want to hear as a fan that isn't covered in that statement... it covers everything I'd want to know, and maybe gives more detail than I'd ever expect to see (and that is hugely appreciated).

This board, this team and this club will all come good moving into 2022 and beyond... proof if it was needed that the hours and effort that went into saving us from too many people to mention were absolutely worth it. Enjoyable, exciting and optimistic times to be a Dale fan - and we haven't been able to say that for a very long time.

Merry Christmas!
Christmas Message from the Board on 13:51 - Dec 24 with 4975 viewsfitzochris

It’s been a long time since we’ve had something that felt so heartfelt and genuine coming from a chairman of RAFC. Let’s do our bit and cooperatively continue to build our great club.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Christmas Message from the Board on 13:54 - Dec 24 with 4964 viewsTVOS1907

Christmas Message from the Board on 13:51 - Dec 24 by fitzochris

It’s been a long time since we’ve had something that felt so heartfelt and genuine coming from a chairman of RAFC. Let’s do our bit and cooperatively continue to build our great club.

Brilliant statement. Thank you to Simon and the board for everything you have done and will continue to do.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Christmas Message from the Board on 14:43 - Dec 24 with 4835 viewsRAFCBLUE

The one key message from all of that which is the thank you to "Our loyal and dedicated supporters, without whom there would be no club"

Wind back a year and it was this:
https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/december/chairmans-message/

2021 will be a long remembered year for the year of the Rochdale supporter and thanks to the article from the BBC ( https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58883213) will be seen as the year where the all of the fans stood up as one and legally and democratically stopped a process from happening where the club was to be sold to Martin Halsall, removing two statutory directors in the process.

There is also no need to sell any player in January and if we do sell someone it is our choice and the money will be reinvested into the playing squad.

That is a long way from being "struggling to compete" and being lucky to exist.

Hopefully 2022 will be a great year to be a Dale fan.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Christmas Message from the Board on 14:55 - Dec 24 with 4787 viewsjudd

Christmas Message from the Board on 14:43 - Dec 24 by RAFCBLUE

The one key message from all of that which is the thank you to "Our loyal and dedicated supporters, without whom there would be no club"

2021 will be a long remembered year for the year of the Rochdale supporter and thanks to the article from the BBC ( https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58883213) will be seen as the year where the all of the fans stood up as one and legally and democratically stopped a process from happening where the club was to be sold to Martin Halsall, removing two statutory directors in the process.

There is also no need to sell any player in January and if we do sell someone it is our choice and the money will be reinvested into the playing squad.

Lovely words there from "Andrew"

Poll: What is it to be then?

Christmas Message from the Board on 15:09 - Dec 24 with 4743 viewsJames1980

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Christmas Message from the Board on 15:16 - Dec 24 with 4721 viewsjonahwhereru

Christmas Message from the Board on 14:43 - Dec 24 by RAFCBLUE

The message that any funds from player sales will be reinvested in the playing staff bold. A great message to would be buyers.
Love it.
Christmas Message from the Board on 15:19 - Dec 24 with 4707 viewskel

Christmas Message from the Board on 14:55 - Dec 24 by judd

Lovely words there from "Andrew"

Brass neck that bloke.
Christmas Message from the Board on 23:39 - Dec 24 with 4216 viewsmikehunt

Merry Christmas everyone.
Truly encouraging words from our Chairman. Just amazed by his comment on our not needing to sell anyone in January and if we do it will be on our terms. Wow.
We all know players need to move on but it was always the feeling that we had been shafted when they did that rankled. This is such good news. Long may this board reign.
All the best everyone
UTDNFS

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Christmas Message from the Board on 00:06 - Dec 25 with 4182 viewsdownunder

Merry Xmas from the downunder Daleys.
I can only confirm my agreement,with previous posters, that the Club feels "right" at the moment, and really hope we can grab a handful of the points on offer, and make next year even better.
My grandson tells me Santa has been, so he is on his way to you.
[Post edited 25 Dec 2021 20:14]
Christmas Message from the Board on 02:24 - Dec 25 with 4102 viewspioneer

Christmas Message from the Board on 00:06 - Dec 25 by downunder

Merry Xmas from the downunder Daleys.
I can only confirm my agreement,with previous posters, that the Club feels "right" at the moment, and really hope we can grab a handful of the points on offer, and make next year even better.
My grandson tells me Santa has been, so he is on his way to you.
[Post edited 25 Dec 2021 20:14]

Didnt he have to spend 14 days in quarantine?
Christmas Message from the Board on 07:09 - Dec 25 with 4014 views1907

Christmas Message from the Board on 23:39 - Dec 24 by mikehunt

Merry Christmas everyone.
Truly encouraging words from our Chairman. Just amazed by his comment on our not needing to sell anyone in January and if we do it will be on our terms. Wow.
We all know players need to move on but it was always the feeling that we had been shafted when they did that rankled. This is such good news. Long may this board reign.
All the best everyone
UTDNFS

Definitely. This has also created somewhat of an apathy in the fan base as a result as well.

I wonder if with this new board the transfer fees received will be disclosed instead of undisclosed? I guess we’ll soon find out!
Christmas Message from the Board on 09:00 - Dec 25 with 3916 viewsDaleiLama

And Merry Christmas to all Daleys everywhere from me

Up the dale

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024