Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New 'keeper? 13:38 - May 17 with 14901 viewsIOMDale

UTDNFS

New 'keeper? on 13:51 - May 17 with 8606 viewsHullDale

33 years old, 6 ft 2, seems pretty well thought of by Bradford fans. Could be an interesting signing.

I wondered if we'd be in for Simpson - left Kidderminster because of the travel (he lives North Manchester).

New 'keeper? on 13:58 - May 17 with 8567 viewsEllDale

I think I mentioned him on another thread.
I believe he was captain at Bradford as well for a time. Would be an excellent recruit imho.
New 'keeper? on 14:14 - May 17 with 8493 viewsD_Alien

O'Donnell & O'Connell? Kinell!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New 'keeper? on 14:15 - May 17 with 8478 viewskel

There was a tweet from him upon leaving Bradford that was liked by our chairman so I thought at the time there may have been something in it.
[Post edited 17 May 2022 14:18]
New 'keeper? on 14:21 - May 17 with 8448 viewsEllDale

I'm told that Luke Simpson actually lives in Heywood.
New 'keeper? on 14:58 - May 17 with 8287 viewsBainesy15

New 'keeper? on 14:21 - May 17 by EllDale

Went to school in Bury, controversial
New 'keeper? on 15:28 - May 17 with 8173 viewsMass_Debater

New 'keeper? on 14:21 - May 17 by EllDale

You're kidding me.
New 'keeper? on 16:10 - May 17 with 8036 viewsmikehunt

New 'keeper? on 14:14 - May 17 by D_Alien

O'Donnell & O'Connell? Kinell!

O’Keefe and O’Doh. You never know.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Login to get fewer ads

New 'keeper? on 19:04 - May 17 with 7689 viewsAtThePeake

New 'keeper? on 13:51 - May 17 by HullDale

33 years old, 6 ft 2, seems pretty well thought of by Bradford fans. Could be an interesting signing.

I wondered if we'd be in for Simpson - left Kidderminster because of the travel (he lives North Manchester).

Luke played for Roach Dynamos like me but was a couple of years below and I remember both of our teams playing in a kid's tournament when I would've been about 10 and Luke about 8.

Their team got to the semi-final and were involved in a penalty shoot-out. He clearly only felt comfortable diving to his left at this stage and the shoot-out went to sudden death and continued for ages as both teams kept scoring. Eventually, the Roach coach went and stood behind the goals and told Luke to stand still for the next penalty rather than diving to his left again.

The striker ran up, thumped the ball as hard as he could and it smacked Luke roundly in the face, staying out the net and sending Roach through to the final. He never bothered to bring his hands up to save it as he'd been told to stand still! Still a penalty shoot-out winning save I suppose.

Tangled up in blue.

New 'keeper? on 19:12 - May 17 with 7661 viewsBrierls

New 'keeper? on 19:04 - May 17 by AtThePeake

Luke played for Roach Dynamos like me but was a couple of years below and I remember both of our teams playing in a kid's tournament when I would've been about 10 and Luke about 8.

Their team got to the semi-final and were involved in a penalty shoot-out. He clearly only felt comfortable diving to his left at this stage and the shoot-out went to sudden death and continued for ages as both teams kept scoring. Eventually, the Roach coach went and stood behind the goals and told Luke to stand still for the next penalty rather than diving to his left again.

The striker ran up, thumped the ball as hard as he could and it smacked Luke roundly in the face, staying out the net and sending Roach through to the final. He never bothered to bring his hands up to save it as he'd been told to stand still! Still a penalty shoot-out winning save I suppose.

Cool story, bro.
New 'keeper? on 19:28 - May 17 with 7603 viewsAtThePeake

New 'keeper? on 19:12 - May 17 by Brierls

Cool story, bro.

Didn't ask & ratio.

Tangled up in blue.

New 'keeper? on 20:28 - May 17 with 7379 viewsChaffRAFC

New 'keeper? on 19:04 - May 17 by AtThePeake

Boooooo for Roach Dynamos!

Efe Sodje's son plays for them at U9 level in the same league as my lad. Won't say much about his lad but he's got some of his Dad's traits (on the pitch!) and Efe can be quite lively on the touchline.

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

New 'keeper? on 08:52 - May 18 with 6932 viewssweetcorn

Was highly rated when he played at Walsall, hopefully he's still at that level.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

New 'keeper? on 16:05 - May 18 with 6453 viewsAtThePeake

O'Donnell confirmed:

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2022/may/richardodonnell_announcement/

Tangled up in blue.

New 'keeper? on 16:15 - May 18 with 6422 viewsleedsdale

New 'keeper? on 16:05 - May 18 by AtThePeake

O'Donnell confirmed:

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2022/may/richardodonnell_announcement/

Pretty pleased with that - he was certainly a name that stood out when looking at keepers that have been released. I’m sure he’ll have his weaknesses, but certainly adds experience to the squad. Hopefully getting an early signing in can act as a selling point for future signings Robbie wants to make
New 'keeper? on 16:20 - May 18 with 6395 viewsboromat

Do we think he's coming in as number one or can we see another coming in maybe on loan?

Poll: What are we more excited for?

New 'keeper? on 16:41 - May 18 with 6320 viewsD_Alien

New 'keeper? on 16:15 - May 18 by leedsdale

Pretty pleased with that - he was certainly a name that stood out when looking at keepers that have been released. I’m sure he’ll have his weaknesses, but certainly adds experience to the squad. Hopefully getting an early signing in can act as a selling point for future signings Robbie wants to make

Having said that Robbie's recruitment needed to start with a keeper who could rightly lay claim to the no.1 spot, i'm pretty pleased too, and you rightly identify it as a major building block towards others of good calibre joining us

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New 'keeper? on 16:51 - May 18 with 6272 viewsjonahwhereru

This is not even second guessing, but I wonder if with this news and should we also sign a decent centre half, would those moves influence O’Connell’s decision regarding his contract offer.
Although in its own right I think this looks a decent signing. more league games than the previous four keeper we sign put together.
Would also think that rules out a season long loan for a keeper, as don’t think he would have signed a 2 year deal to compete with a young graduate from elsewhere.
Good luck Richard.
New 'keeper? on 17:08 - May 18 with 6200 viewstruenorth

Great to see a bit of positive early transfer activity, rather than leaving it late and scooping up the leftovers.
TN

Poll: BBM or relegation?

New 'keeper? on 17:21 - May 18 with 6137 viewsisitme

On paper an excellent, early signing in a key position. The response to his signing on Twitter, for what it is worth, is positive. Hopefully Kelly will learn from him.
New 'keeper? on 17:34 - May 18 with 6071 viewskel

New 'keeper? on 17:21 - May 18 by isitme

On paper an excellent, early signing in a key position. The response to his signing on Twitter, for what it is worth, is positive. Hopefully Kelly will learn from him.

In stark contrast to the ‘appreciation’ page on Facebook that slated him before it was even confirmed. I swear that lot just hate life in general.
New 'keeper? on 17:40 - May 18 with 6042 viewsisitme

New 'keeper? on 17:34 - May 18 by kel

In stark contrast to the ‘appreciation’ page on Facebook that slated him before it was even confirmed. I swear that lot just hate life in general.

Some people are not happy, unless they are not happy!
New 'keeper? on 17:54 - May 18 with 5972 viewsBrierls

Happy enough with that signing. Vastly experienced but (hopefully) not over the hill for a keeper at 33. A good character too if he's been captain material previously.
New 'keeper? on 18:13 - May 18 with 5860 views49thseason

I would rate this as a good start to rebuilding the defence. I just hope he is loud and authoritative and prepared to tell his fellow defenders what he wants. In some respects, the Keeper has the best view on the pitch , we need one who can see what's going on and who makes sure we are set up properly. His experience should win us at least 10 points next season.
New 'keeper? on 19:15 - May 18 with 5634 viewsmikehunt

What do Bradford fans make of this? A reasonable pointer as to his perceived worth.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024