Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pitch Condition 15:56 - Mar 9 with 3887 viewsblackdogblue

Never mind a dome, pitch is in awful condition, you can’t see the touch line in parts of the main stand for the mud..

Wasn’t this bad last home game...

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Pitch Condition on 17:28 - Mar 9 with 3727 viewsdalenumber2

I thought the same. Suddenly and rather alarmingly deteriorated.
Pitch Condition on 17:37 - Mar 9 with 3678 viewssweetcorn

Is there a warranty on that pitch?

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Pitch Condition on 17:50 - Mar 9 with 3621 viewsdiver

Blame it on rugby are they paying their rent?
Pitch Condition on 17:55 - Mar 9 with 3575 views442Dale

We were discussing the pitch work done last year at the game. Anyone any idea what it cost is under in the accounts?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Pitch Condition on 20:52 - Mar 9 with 3228 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Pitch Condition on 17:50 - Mar 9 by diver

Blame it on rugby are they paying their rent?

Serious question, is the deal with Hornets going ok, are they keeping up wit their rent, paying for their pitch use?

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Pitch Condition on 00:35 - Mar 10 with 2938 viewsDalenet

Hornets need to play games to get the cash in to pay rent. Catch 22. They are playing on that pitch today (Sunday) and I can see it being in a dreadful state for Tuesday. But nowt we can do about that now. But the main stand strip is just mud and will need some patching work after Tuesday.
Pitch Condition on 08:04 - Mar 10 with 2756 viewsmingthemerciless

I don't think we can really blame the weather this time. Up to now it's been a pretty mild winter.
Pitch Condition on 08:15 - Mar 10 with 2722 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Considering how few games are played on the pitch and the rugby tend to play on it when the weather is improving, I find it hard to see a reason why it has deteriorated so much so quickly. It might be the fact that despite previous posts claiming that it is down to sand being used on the pitch, there still seems to be a large amount of sand used on the pitch.

The club paid in the region of £200,000 to get the pitch relaid and cannot afford to do that every 12 months. Since the previous groundsman left to tend to university pitches (sorry can`t remember his name) the condition of the pitch has been very poor despite a lot of money being spent on it in the form of equipment and products. This needs addressing immediately as money being spent on the pitch might cause a lack of available cash, when it comes to the board allocating funds for squad improvements.

Surely employing as good quality staff as possible at the club is as important as employing good quality players. I fear it may cost another £200,000 to sort it all out.
Login to get fewer ads

Pitch Condition on 08:58 - Mar 10 with 2603 views442Dale

Pitch Condition on 08:15 - Mar 10 by RooleyMoorBlue

Considering how few games are played on the pitch and the rugby tend to play on it when the weather is improving, I find it hard to see a reason why it has deteriorated so much so quickly. It might be the fact that despite previous posts claiming that it is down to sand being used on the pitch, there still seems to be a large amount of sand used on the pitch.

The club paid in the region of £200,000 to get the pitch relaid and cannot afford to do that every 12 months. Since the previous groundsman left to tend to university pitches (sorry can`t remember his name) the condition of the pitch has been very poor despite a lot of money being spent on it in the form of equipment and products. This needs addressing immediately as money being spent on the pitch might cause a lack of available cash, when it comes to the board allocating funds for squad improvements.

Surely employing as good quality staff as possible at the club is as important as employing good quality players. I fear it may cost another £200,000 to sort it all out.

As posted, where’s the figure in the accounts? Our loss last year would have obviously been less, but various figures have been put about.

It says below we continued to work closely with other companies so hopefully that’s still happening and we can sort it.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/may/pitch-update_summer-2018/

Pitch Condition on 09:24 - Mar 10 with 2533 viewsJimmyRustler

It's fcuked. I know the weather doesn't help but it shouldn't have deteriorated that quickly. Something must be a miss. Are the drains shagged again?
Pitch Condition on 09:29 - Mar 10 with 2508 viewsBartRowou

Am I the only one who doesn't get the clamour for a perfect playing surface? Muddy pitches are funny. Players fall over and the ball behaves unexpectedly. Bet you don't get them on Fifa.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Pitch Condition on 09:36 - Mar 10 with 2482 views442Dale

Pitch Condition on 09:29 - Mar 10 by BartRowou

Am I the only one who doesn't get the clamour for a perfect playing surface? Muddy pitches are funny. Players fall over and the ball behaves unexpectedly. Bet you don't get them on Fifa.

As long as we can get games on and it plays ok, that’s the main thing. Without those covers yesterday/Tuesday would probably be in real doubt, which indicates the pitch struggles with sustained periods of rain.

Also, looking at the forecast and how Accrington’s pitch has looked recently, next Saturday would be a 50/50 right now.

Pitch Condition on 09:53 - Mar 10 with 2455 viewselectricblue

Pitch Condition on 09:36 - Mar 10 by 442Dale

As long as we can get games on and it plays ok, that’s the main thing. Without those covers yesterday/Tuesday would probably be in real doubt, which indicates the pitch struggles with sustained periods of rain.

Also, looking at the forecast and how Accrington’s pitch has looked recently, next Saturday would be a 50/50 right now.

Supposed to be a very wet n wintery week after mondaynso it wouldnt surprise me if the accy game was called off....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Pitch Condition on 09:53 - Mar 10 with 2455 viewsColDale

Pitch Condition on 08:58 - Mar 10 by 442Dale

As posted, where’s the figure in the accounts? Our loss last year would have obviously been less, but various figures have been put about.

It says below we continued to work closely with other companies so hopefully that’s still happening and we can sort it.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/may/pitch-update_summer-2018/

I'm guessing it will have been a stadium company purchase rather than a football club purchase so will be in the accounts for that
Pitch Condition on 10:28 - Mar 10 with 2334 views442Dale

Pitch Condition on 09:53 - Mar 10 by ColDale

I'm guessing it will have been a stadium company purchase rather than a football club purchase so will be in the accounts for that

Good point.

Snow coming down heavy now. Really hope Hornets don’t play, even though they’ve every right to if the pitch is ok.

Pitch Condition on 11:21 - Mar 10 with 2211 viewsboromat

The pitch isn't great but it's a million times better than last year and I think it's held up better for longer than some of our fellow clubs pitches.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Pitch Condition on 11:43 - Mar 10 with 2155 viewsaleanddale

Rainfall followed by 26 x 16 stone lads sliding about on it bound to take its toll.

If Hornets play today the pitch on Tuesday v Oxford will be 10 times worse than yesterday!
Pitch Condition on 11:46 - Mar 10 with 2137 viewsmingthemerciless

Pitch inspection at 12-00 apparently. From what I'm being told the pitch doesn't look great.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024