Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cedric signed 4 year contract with Arsenal!!! 23:36 - Jun 23 with 3070 viewsButty101

Didn’t see that coming, they clearly don’t have high ambitions next season.
I assume he can’t play us.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Cedric signed 4 year contract with Arsenal!!! on 07:03 - Jun 24 with 2547 viewsCity_boy

Did we get any money for this or was he out of contract / free ?
Cedric signed 4 year contract with Arsenal!!! on 07:28 - Jun 24 with 2528 viewsTripleNiemi

Good luck to the bloke; honest pro who served us well and scored at Fratton which i won't forget in a hurry. Sadly some of our fanbase are never happy.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Cedric signed 4 year contract with Arsenal!!! on 08:46 - Jun 24 with 2469 viewsSaintNick

Cedric signed 4 year contract with Arsenal!!! on 07:03 - Jun 24 by City_boy

Did we get any money for this or was he out of contract / free ?

He was a free agent, but the deal was reportably worth £5 million to us accounting for the loan fee they paid and the wages we saved, so given that he was injured when he left and hasnt played for Arsenal yet, good business.

Probably Arsenal have signed him because he is available on a free, it will plug a gap short term and in a years time he will still have a decent sell on value so they can recuperate most of the money they have spent back.

I dont think this is so much of a football decision for them but a financial investment

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Cedric signed 4 year contract with Arsenal!!! on 09:02 - Jun 24 with 2451 views1885_SFC

Cedric signed 4 year contract with Arsenal!!! on 07:28 - Jun 24 by TripleNiemi

Good luck to the bloke; honest pro who served us well and scored at Fratton which i won't forget in a hurry. Sadly some of our fanbase are never happy.

This.

Old School is Cool

Cedric signed 4 year contract with Arsenal!!! on 09:18 - Jun 24 with 2430 viewsVagina_Dentata

Cedric signed 4 year contract with Arsenal!!! on 09:02 - Jun 24 by 1885_SFC

This.

Him bursting down the left wing to score late on at Wigan in the quarter final is one of my favourite goals/celebrations.

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

Cedric signed 4 year contract with Arsenal!!! on 10:15 - Jun 24 with 2397 viewsdirk_doone

Yes, good luck to him. I hope he does well there. He helped us achieve a top 6 finish and European qualification in 2016, top 8, League Cup Final and Europe again in 2017 and an FA Cup semi-final in 2018.

Obviously, Fonte, his defensive partner for Portugal, leaving was a blow but, the Cedric, Stephens, Bednarek, Bertrand back 4 was still our best in recent seasons and we got some good results with it earlier this season like the 2-0 win at Chelsea, the 1-0 win v Spurs and the 2-1 win at Leicester.

He wasn't quite as good as Clyne at his peak, largely because his lack of height made him vulnerable to high crosses but he was the best right wing-back we've had in the last few years.

138 games for Saints and 33 caps for Portugal in the time he was with us are an indication of just how much he has contributed.

Our defensive record with him in the team this season is certainly a hell of a lot better than our record without him.

We only conceded 19 goals in the 22 games he played for us this season and won 11 of them! Whereas in the 17 games he didn't play, we conceded 39 goals and only won 3 of them, including our latest win at Norwich. That's a massive difference of less than a goal a game conceded with him compared to more than 2 goals per game without him, which shows just how important he was for us.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2020 11:11]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Cedric signed 4 year contract with Arsenal!!! on 10:17 - Jun 24 with 2395 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Arsenal have also signed up Luiz for another year ...

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Cedric signed 4 year contract with Arsenal!!! on 10:41 - Jun 24 with 2359 viewsTimSaint

Technically he is still our player until the end of June, so I very much doubt that his loan agreement would allow him to face his parent club (Us) tomorrow night.

Fair play to him for getting a 4 year deal at Arsenal, although they seem to have thrown big deals around a lot already this summer.

As others have said already, his goal away to Pompey was great and certainly well celebrated and the one at the death away to Wigan secured the win and made the journey up there through all the snow, all the more worthwhile.

I always thought he had a lot of unfair criticism as a Saints player. Often getting the blame for goals conceded at the far post, probably due to his height more than his positioning. More often than not though, the real reason we conceded was down to the 2 or sometimes 3 Centre Back's failure to deal with the cross in the first place.

Good luck and do well, apart from when you play us, obviously !!

TimSaint

Login to get fewer ads

Cedric signed 4 year contract with Arsenal!!! on 10:53 - Jun 24 with 2340 viewsChesham_Saint

Cedric signed 4 year contract with Arsenal!!! on 10:41 - Jun 24 by TimSaint

Technically he is still our player until the end of June, so I very much doubt that his loan agreement would allow him to face his parent club (Us) tomorrow night.

Fair play to him for getting a 4 year deal at Arsenal, although they seem to have thrown big deals around a lot already this summer.

As others have said already, his goal away to Pompey was great and certainly well celebrated and the one at the death away to Wigan secured the win and made the journey up there through all the snow, all the more worthwhile.

I always thought he had a lot of unfair criticism as a Saints player. Often getting the blame for goals conceded at the far post, probably due to his height more than his positioning. More often than not though, the real reason we conceded was down to the 2 or sometimes 3 Centre Back's failure to deal with the cross in the first place.

Good luck and do well, apart from when you play us, obviously !!

Most Saints players seem to get a lot of unfair criticism at some point Tim! I bet a search of this site would reveal Ings being slagged for not doing enough during his loan period or warrant a £20m transfer.

As for Cedric, good luck to him, although I’m surprised that he’s got such a long deal at Arsenal. He Was never in the Jones/Schnedierdlin/Wanyama/Lallana sulky, want-away camp so I hope he enjoys the rest of his career (unless he’s playing saints of course!).

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Cedric signed 4 year contract with Arsenal!!! on 11:08 - Jun 24 with 2325 viewsBicester_North

Cedric signed 4 year contract with Arsenal!!! on 10:53 - Jun 24 by Chesham_Saint

Most Saints players seem to get a lot of unfair criticism at some point Tim! I bet a search of this site would reveal Ings being slagged for not doing enough during his loan period or warrant a £20m transfer.

As for Cedric, good luck to him, although I’m surprised that he’s got such a long deal at Arsenal. He Was never in the Jones/Schnedierdlin/Wanyama/Lallana sulky, want-away camp so I hope he enjoys the rest of his career (unless he’s playing saints of course!).

Jones Paul you mean?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Cedric signed 4 year contract with Arsenal!!! on 11:27 - Jun 24 with 2307 viewsstmichael

A very good player.
Just how good has been apparent since he left or became unavailable...

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

Cedric signed 4 year contract with Arsenal!!! on 11:28 - Jun 24 with 2306 viewsTimSaint

Cedric signed 4 year contract with Arsenal!!! on 11:08 - Jun 24 by Bicester_North

Jones Paul you mean?

Probably Kenwyne ?

Seem to remember him going on strike or refusing to play for us.

TimSaint

Cedric signed 4 year contract with Arsenal!!! on 11:33 - Jun 24 with 2303 viewsBicester_North

Cedric signed 4 year contract with Arsenal!!! on 11:28 - Jun 24 by TimSaint

Probably Kenwyne ?

Seem to remember him going on strike or refusing to play for us.

Oh yeah forgot about him, he did have a massive sulk.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Cedric signed 4 year contract with Arsenal!!! on 11:52 - Jun 24 with 2281 viewsChesham_Saint

Cedric signed 4 year contract with Arsenal!!! on 11:08 - Jun 24 by Bicester_North

Jones Paul you mean?

I wondered if anyone would pick up on that. No, not Paul Jones but the ingrate Kenwyn Jones (or as a mate of mine used to call him, "Can't -Win Goals") who went on strike to get away.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Cedric signed 4 year contract with Arsenal!!! on 12:12 - Jun 24 with 2274 viewsSaintNick

I thought Cedric did a decent job and i wish him well, however i did have a slight laugh at the bit about helping us to 6th place in 2016, after we lost at Bournemouth on 1st March that season he would play only 2 further games in the remaining 10 being an unused sub in the other 8, Koeman preferring Coco Martina

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Cedric signed 4 year contract with Arsenal!!! on 13:13 - Jun 24 with 2251 viewsdirk_doone

Cedric signed 4 year contract with Arsenal!!! on 12:12 - Jun 24 by SaintNick

I thought Cedric did a decent job and i wish him well, however i did have a slight laugh at the bit about helping us to 6th place in 2016, after we lost at Bournemouth on 1st March that season he would play only 2 further games in the remaining 10 being an unused sub in the other 8, Koeman preferring Coco Martina

On a more serious note, we'd have been relegated without him this season as most of our points were gained when he played.

Cedric signed 4 year contract with Arsenal!!! on 13:14 - Jun 24 with 2249 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Cedric signed 4 year contract with Arsenal!!! on 12:12 - Jun 24 by SaintNick

That's amazing!

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Cedric signed 4 year contract with Arsenal!!! on 13:17 - Jun 24 with 2244 viewsdirk_doone

Cedric signed 4 year contract with Arsenal!!! on 13:14 - Jun 24 by Gennaro_Contaldo

That's amazing!

What's even more amazing is that we kept clean sheets in 6 of the last 7 games before that Bournemouth game. After it, we went 7 games without another one. I think it was his brother, Erwin, who recommended that we buy Martina and wasn't he also the first player Koeman bought after he became manager at Everton? He's still on Everton's books as they gave him a good deal there. The Koemans certainly saw something in him.

Only 6 players played more games for Saints than Cedric in the 2015/16 season, Nick, so you can laugh at that if you want but most sensible fans would agree that he made an important contribution to that season..
[Post edited 24 Jun 2020 19:00]

Cedric signed 4 year contract with Arsenal!!! on 18:10 - Jun 24 with 2133 viewssaint68

Cedric signed 4 year contract with Arsenal!!! on 07:28 - Jun 24 by TripleNiemi

On his day he is right up there with some of the best..but those days were very hit and miss..very likeable though and hope he has a nightmare against us if he plays.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Cedric signed 4 year contract with Arsenal!!! on 23:01 - Jun 24 with 2025 viewshedgeend61

Cedric signed 4 year contract with Arsenal!!! on 10:17 - Jun 24 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Arsenal have also signed up Luiz for another year ...

Think The Arsenal have given up on ever trying to qualify for the Champions League with these two signings.
Luiz used to be decent, but now's just a libility.
If they think Cedric's good enough to take them where they want to be, they've set the bar pretty low.

Gooners ain't happy
https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/cedric-soares-2019-20-performances.34085

They've managed to win 9 from 30 this season (2 less than us), and Aubameyang is the only decent player they've got.
Doubt if he'll hang around next season.
Cedric signed 4 year contract with Arsenal!!! on 20:39 - Jul 4 with 1807 viewsdirk_doone

Cedric signed 4 year contract with Arsenal!!! on 10:15 - Jun 24 by dirk_doone

Yes, good luck to him. I hope he does well there. He helped us achieve a top 6 finish and European qualification in 2016, top 8, League Cup Final and Europe again in 2017 and an FA Cup semi-final in 2018.

Obviously, Fonte, his defensive partner for Portugal, leaving was a blow but, the Cedric, Stephens, Bednarek, Bertrand back 4 was still our best in recent seasons and we got some good results with it earlier this season like the 2-0 win at Chelsea, the 1-0 win v Spurs and the 2-1 win at Leicester.

He wasn't quite as good as Clyne at his peak, largely because his lack of height made him vulnerable to high crosses but he was the best right wing-back we've had in the last few years.

138 games for Saints and 33 caps for Portugal in the time he was with us are an indication of just how much he has contributed.

Our defensive record with him in the team this season is certainly a hell of a lot better than our record without him.

We only conceded 19 goals in the 22 games he played for us this season and won 11 of them! Whereas in the 17 games he didn't play, we conceded 39 goals and only won 3 of them, including our latest win at Norwich. That's a massive difference of less than a goal a game conceded with him compared to more than 2 goals per game without him, which shows just how important he was for us.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2020 11:11]

His record this season of playing in winning teams that concede very few goals continues at Arsenal.

In the Premier League games Cedric has played this season, his teams have averaged 1.83 points per game, which would give a total of 70 points from 38 games. That's Champions League form.

Arsenal fans are beginning to realize how good he is:

Monstar-Gunn4r

Thought he had a great game, in the first half thought they tried to get Traore down his side and he dealt with it brilliantly. In the second half Wolves pretty much gave up going down his side and Traore focused on our left instead.

[Post edited 4 Jul 2020 22:48]

Cedric signed 4 year contract with Arsenal!!! on 09:50 - Jul 5 with 1561 viewskernow

They've signed an experienced, international full back, on a free.
Good business.
Cedric signed 4 year contract with Arsenal!!! on 11:25 - Jul 5 with 1534 viewsKennington

He’d gone stale with us and needed a new club. We’ve seen it so many times before when players we sign were average and come good or conversely players who were poor with us suddenly up their form when they move. Whether Cedric’s good form will last will be the test, not that I’m that fussed though. At very least if it goes wrong at Arsenal he’ll get a payday in China or the US.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2020 11:26]

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Cedric signed 4 year contract with Arsenal!!! on 11:26 - Jul 5 with 1529 viewsdirk_doone

Cedric signed 4 year contract with Arsenal!!! on 11:25 - Jul 5 by Kennington

He’d gone stale with us and needed a new club. We’ve seen it so many times before when players we sign were average and come good or conversely players who were poor with us suddenly up their form when they move. Whether Cedric’s good form will last will be the test, not that I’m that fussed though. At very least if it goes wrong at Arsenal he’ll get a payday in China or the US.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2020 11:26]

Stale? I repeat:

"We only conceded 19 goals in the 22 games he played for us THIS season and won 11 of them! Whereas in the 17 games he didn't play, we conceded 39 goals and only won 3 of them. That's a massive difference of less than a goal a game conceded with him compared to more than 2 goals per game without him, which shows just how important he was for us.

In the Premier League games Cedric has played THIS season, his teams have averaged 1.83 points per game, which would give a total of 70 points from 38 games. That's Champions League form."
[Post edited 5 Jul 2020 11:29]

Cedric signed 4 year contract with Arsenal!!! on 12:45 - Jul 5 with 1477 viewsKennington

Cedric signed 4 year contract with Arsenal!!! on 11:26 - Jul 5 by dirk_doone

Stale? I repeat:

"We only conceded 19 goals in the 22 games he played for us THIS season and won 11 of them! Whereas in the 17 games he didn't play, we conceded 39 goals and only won 3 of them. That's a massive difference of less than a goal a game conceded with him compared to more than 2 goals per game without him, which shows just how important he was for us.

In the Premier League games Cedric has played THIS season, his teams have averaged 1.83 points per game, which would give a total of 70 points from 38 games. That's Champions League form."
[Post edited 5 Jul 2020 11:29]

Well yes stale. Maybe not though stats wise, but he had been unhappy for a while and was desperate to make his move to Inter permanent. Clearly he wasn’t keen to be here and wanted to move.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024