Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rashford's 5 luxury houses 13:38 - Nov 15 with 7575 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8949391/amp/Campai

"We really need to do more to feed our starving children. Come on Boris, these kids are starving. We must help them. But I am still having my 5 luxury houses for me 🤑".

Oh, and a golf course.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2020 13:41]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 20:59 - Nov 15 with 1127 viewssaint22

Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 19:20 - Nov 15 by Bison

You are the only person that seems to read it. Does anybody actually buy papers anymore , I have probably not bought one in ten years.

I never read it never would never have
Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 21:39 - Nov 15 with 1096 viewsBicester_North

Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 20:59 - Nov 15 by saint22

I never read it never would never have

Ever run a half marathon in Windsor?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 22:05 - Nov 15 with 1078 viewsHeisenberg

If it had been Harry Kane who spoke out about child poverty and was found to have invested in property the Mail would have spun it very differently. 'Harry not only cares for kids he's a smart businessman as well'. It was the same with Sterling and Foden. Its the same narrative.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 22:11 - Nov 15 with 1067 viewsBicester_North

Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 22:05 - Nov 15 by Heisenberg

If it had been Harry Kane who spoke out about child poverty and was found to have invested in property the Mail would have spun it very differently. 'Harry not only cares for kids he's a smart businessman as well'. It was the same with Sterling and Foden. Its the same narrative.

Well spoken Mr Earnest. Top marks for earnestness.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 22:34 - Nov 15 with 1042 viewsRon11

Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 16:58 - Nov 15 by Sadoldgit

He is trying to do something useful for those less fortunate yet he gets stick from haters. No word about cabinet ministers who squirrel money away abroad and avoid taxes. Shameful.

He's trying to do something useful for those less fortunate while enjoying the publicity gained, bullshit calls for a knighthood, while apparently not putting his own hand in his pocket.
Yet watching Simon Reeve's 'Cornwall' over the last two weeks he visited and gave a lot of air time to a man in cash strapped Camborne in Cornwall who started off helping under priveliged or families with little or no income with food deliveries obtained from supermarket cast offs who has expanded to the point where he has opened a small warehouse to accommodate the food and good work that he does.
As far as I'm aware he's lucky enough to also have a job, but he can't buy 2 million pounds worth of houses or even a golf course but spends many hours a day making sure people with nothing at least get food - and SEEKS NO PUBLICITY.
This man and others like him are the ones who deserve the recognition and award, not multi millionaire publicity seeking footballers.
Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 22:54 - Nov 15 with 1030 viewsRon11

Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 19:17 - Nov 15 by cynicalsaint

lol - fair enough. i retract the f off part.

petal.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2020 19:19]

C*nt
Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 22:58 - Nov 15 with 1026 viewsSaintsforeverj

Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 22:34 - Nov 15 by Ron11

He's trying to do something useful for those less fortunate while enjoying the publicity gained, bullshit calls for a knighthood, while apparently not putting his own hand in his pocket.
Yet watching Simon Reeve's 'Cornwall' over the last two weeks he visited and gave a lot of air time to a man in cash strapped Camborne in Cornwall who started off helping under priveliged or families with little or no income with food deliveries obtained from supermarket cast offs who has expanded to the point where he has opened a small warehouse to accommodate the food and good work that he does.
As far as I'm aware he's lucky enough to also have a job, but he can't buy 2 million pounds worth of houses or even a golf course but spends many hours a day making sure people with nothing at least get food - and SEEKS NO PUBLICITY.
This man and others like him are the ones who deserve the recognition and award, not multi millionaire publicity seeking footballers.

Spot on Ron.

Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 23:44 - Nov 15 with 1007 viewsSadoldgit

Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 22:58 - Nov 15 by Saintsforeverj

Spot on Ron.

I wonder if you people would be so disparaging if this was a Saints player doing what Rashford is doing?
Login to get fewer ads

Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 23:52 - Nov 15 with 1004 viewsSaintsforeverj

Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 23:44 - Nov 15 by Sadoldgit

I wonder if you people would be so disparaging if this was a Saints player doing what Rashford is doing?

The Saints players who so selflessly deferred their wages? Yep, they were equally seen in a the same cynical light by many. They lost none of their money, even though they made out they were beacons of kindness.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2020 23:56]

Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 08:37 - Nov 16 with 945 viewsJaySaint

It is interesting. Jess Phillips has (rightly) said that Markus Rashford can spend his money how ever he wants etc.

why then, did she (along with Angela Raynor) have such a (public) problem with the cost Sunak's expensive coffee cup?
[Post edited 16 Nov 2020 8:37]

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 08:37 - Nov 16 with 943 viewssolent_toffee

Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 13:56 - Nov 15 by Wints76

It's shocking. I thought he was on minimum wage. How dare someone who has reached the top try and help others. Thank the Lord that papers like the Daily Mail are around to put people straight.

It’s mad isn’t it?

So Marcus Rashford is one of five kids and has bought five houses, what a monster.

It’s absolutely laughable that people are pulling up this story, the lad is an absolute credit to his family and his club. He could easily have done what 99.9 % of his profession and done nothing.

Instead he’s used his position as a platform to highlight an issue that he feels passionate about and has been proactive in getting something done.

And yet people sit on their arses behind a computer screen/phone etc knocking him for it. If only this country had more people like Marcus Rashford volunteering his time and efforts.
Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 09:02 - Nov 16 with 928 viewsRon11

Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 08:37 - Nov 16 by solent_toffee

It’s mad isn’t it?

So Marcus Rashford is one of five kids and has bought five houses, what a monster.

It’s absolutely laughable that people are pulling up this story, the lad is an absolute credit to his family and his club. He could easily have done what 99.9 % of his profession and done nothing.

Instead he’s used his position as a platform to highlight an issue that he feels passionate about and has been proactive in getting something done.

And yet people sit on their arses behind a computer screen/phone etc knocking him for it. If only this country had more people like Marcus Rashford volunteering his time and efforts.

'If only this country had more people like Marcus Rashford volunteering his time and efforts'
See my post above.
Or even better, if you haven't seen Simon Reeves' 'Cornwall' find a rerun of part one and watch the sequence about hardship in Camborne.
Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 09:12 - Nov 16 with 919 viewsRon11

Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 23:44 - Nov 15 by Sadoldgit

It's always the obsession with celebrity isn't it?
I'm not suggesting that you're obsessed, but let's just bring into the frame the many thousands of good people who help others with food banks or whatever else who will NEVER get any recognition, and who work ten times as hard as the likes of Rashford who apparently has just made a couple of phone calls and had one meeting with Johnson, and now apparently deserves a knighthood.
It's celebrity obsession gone even madder than it usually is.
If he, (or a Saints player for that matter) put his hand in his pocket to start the ball rolling with a few thousand quid, it would at least give it a bit more credibility.
Ask the bloke in Camborne. He puts his hand in his own pocket to help others in a community he loves, where others can't help themselves.
Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 09:20 - Nov 16 with 913 viewssaint22

Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 22:05 - Nov 15 by Heisenberg

spot on
but in the hands of the Mail all the little Tory voters get another view
its like Fox news in print
Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 09:20 - Nov 16 with 913 viewsWints76

Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 09:12 - Nov 16 by Ron11

It's always the obsession with celebrity isn't it?
I'm not suggesting that you're obsessed, but let's just bring into the frame the many thousands of good people who help others with food banks or whatever else who will NEVER get any recognition, and who work ten times as hard as the likes of Rashford who apparently has just made a couple of phone calls and had one meeting with Johnson, and now apparently deserves a knighthood.
It's celebrity obsession gone even madder than it usually is.
If he, (or a Saints player for that matter) put his hand in his pocket to start the ball rolling with a few thousand quid, it would at least give it a bit more credibility.
Ask the bloke in Camborne. He puts his hand in his own pocket to help others in a community he loves, where others can't help themselves.

And it doesn't always have to be about division and sparring one person off against another. What Simon Reeve has done is admirable, and what Marcus Rashford has done is admirable as well. Rather than looking for reasons to have a go, why not celebrate them both and look what can be done to assist them?

Incidentally, when even Hartley-Brewer thinks it is out of order, then perhaps the Mail has gone too far https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2020/11/16/mail-sniped-at-marcus-rashford-owning-prope
Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 09:24 - Nov 16 with 910 viewssolent_toffee

Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 09:02 - Nov 16 by Ron11

'If only this country had more people like Marcus Rashford volunteering his time and efforts'
See my post above.
Or even better, if you haven't seen Simon Reeves' 'Cornwall' find a rerun of part one and watch the sequence about hardship in Camborne.

I will be watching the Simon Reeve programme later this morning, I really like his stuff.

I’m not sure how you can compare the two though or Rashford with many other people who give up their time to do amazing work. Rashford has a profile, thousands of people who give up their time sadly don’t.

I’ve worked in the charity sector for twenty years and have volunteered for years on top of that. Not for plaudits or pat on the backs, but because I enjoy it and think it’s the right thing to do. I’ve also met some incredibly inspiring people who dedicate their lives to help other Again not for personal gain, but because it’s the right thing to do.

Marcus Rashford plays for one of the biggest football clubs in the world, he has a huge following and is using that to influence a campaign to help others. Talk of a knighthood is out of his hands and I would be amazed if that’s his motivation.
Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 09:40 - Nov 16 with 892 views1885_SFC

As Marcus Rashford has now convinced the Tory Party to pay for all those kids' meals out of our taxes - we are all now heroes.

Well done... erm... everyone!

Old School is Cool

Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 10:04 - Nov 16 with 875 viewskernow

Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 09:40 - Nov 16 by 1885_SFC

As Marcus Rashford has now convinced the Tory Party to pay for all those kids' meals out of our taxes - we are all now heroes.

Don't care personally
Something I don't begrudge paying for.

Let's face it. Marcus Rashford has been the cause of huge embarrassment to government and establishment, using his fame to highlight abuses and issues that have affected his early life and having the temerity to challenge the wealthy, privileged and entitled, forcing them to respond and make U turns in policy. Little wonder that the sycophantic aresewipes masquerading as tabloid journalists and their noddy readers seek to dig the dirt and smear this socially mobile, brown skinned, northern oik.

This social climbing,
Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 10:24 - Nov 16 with 859 viewsSadoldgit

Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 09:40 - Nov 16 by 1885_SFC

As they should have done in the first place. It’s their job to do this stuff. It is not his. Terrible isn’t it that our taxes are being used to feed underprivileged kids when we could be spending taxes on more Trident missiles and other more useful things.
Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 10:27 - Nov 16 with 855 viewssolent_toffee

Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 10:24 - Nov 16 by Sadoldgit

As they should have done in the first place. It’s their job to do this stuff. It is not his. Terrible isn’t it that our taxes are being used to feed underprivileged kids when we could be spending taxes on more Trident missiles and other more useful things.

Yeah but those underprivileged kids have parents who drink, smoke and have plasma TV’s.

Or something.
Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 11:38 - Nov 16 with 833 viewsChesham_Saint

My take is quite simple. We all know that footballers in the Premier League get paid a shit load of money. Provided they pay their taxes and spend it on nothing illegal then Rashford, or indeed any player, can do whatever the hell they chose with their money.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 14:14 - Nov 16 with 796 viewsRon11

Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 09:24 - Nov 16 by solent_toffee

I will be watching the Simon Reeve programme later this morning, I really like his stuff.

I’m not sure how you can compare the two though or Rashford with many other people who give up their time to do amazing work. Rashford has a profile, thousands of people who give up their time sadly don’t.

I’ve worked in the charity sector for twenty years and have volunteered for years on top of that. Not for plaudits or pat on the backs, but because I enjoy it and think it’s the right thing to do. I’ve also met some incredibly inspiring people who dedicate their lives to help other Again not for personal gain, but because it’s the right thing to do.

Marcus Rashford plays for one of the biggest football clubs in the world, he has a huge following and is using that to influence a campaign to help others. Talk of a knighthood is out of his hands and I would be amazed if that’s his motivation.

I wasn't suggesting a knighthood was his motivation.
I'm sure it wasn't.
I'd just like to see others who do good work for no other reason than they are just people with a good heart get a mention as well.
Yes it's the tabloid and media tosspots who leech on 'celebrities' and their daily 'look at me activities'.
For example, the 'Children In Need' show last week can usually guarantee a free exposure slot for the noxious Robbie Williams, and sure enough, there he was...
Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 16:53 - Nov 16 with 767 viewssolent_toffee

Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 14:14 - Nov 16 by Ron11

I wasn't suggesting a knighthood was his motivation.
I'm sure it wasn't.
I'd just like to see others who do good work for no other reason than they are just people with a good heart get a mention as well.
Yes it's the tabloid and media tosspots who leech on 'celebrities' and their daily 'look at me activities'.
For example, the 'Children In Need' show last week can usually guarantee a free exposure slot for the noxious Robbie Williams, and sure enough, there he was...

Couldn’t agree more with you about the people who just get in and do good work because they have a good heart, there are some brilliant examples of that in Southampton alone. People who literally vocate their own lives to help those less fortunate than them.

Same goes for your sentiment re the likes of Robbie Williams and Gary Barlow, shaking their tins whilst avoiding paying tax. I switch off whenever they are doing ‘their thing’.

Just watched that first episode of Simon Reeve. What a hero that fella is and what an inspiration. They should show that clip in schools. Won’t do a spoiler alert for those that haven’t seen it, but that was a proper heart dropping moment.
‘.
Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 17:32 - Nov 16 with 741 viewsNewdawn2014

so we all agree that as long as hungry kids are being fed then it`s really all good.
good !
Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 09:52 - Nov 17 with 627 viewsRon11

Rashford's 5 luxury houses on 16:53 - Nov 16 by solent_toffee

Couldn’t agree more with you about the people who just get in and do good work because they have a good heart, there are some brilliant examples of that in Southampton alone. People who literally vocate their own lives to help those less fortunate than them.

Same goes for your sentiment re the likes of Robbie Williams and Gary Barlow, shaking their tins whilst avoiding paying tax. I switch off whenever they are doing ‘their thing’.

Just watched that first episode of Simon Reeve. What a hero that fella is and what an inspiration. They should show that clip in schools. Won’t do a spoiler alert for those that haven’t seen it, but that was a proper heart dropping moment.
‘.

Yes, and the fella had just lost his wife too.
I have nothing against Rashford, but unpublicised heroes (which is exactly what he is) like that guy are a true inspiration - Simon Reeve did well to to let the rest of us see what he does, and it certainly was a heart dropping moment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024