Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Ralph was to be sacked... 21:10 - Feb 14 with 2477 viewsButty101

Who would replace him?

Eddie Howe for me

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

If Ralph was to be sacked... on 21:29 - Feb 14 with 1702 viewsgrumpy

Ralph is a good manager who's suffered numerous injuries to key players and appalling refereeing decisions.
Sure he's made mistakes I'm sure he would admit that but to sack him would just be making a difficult position worse.
I am feeling down tonight as it is without this.
If Ralph was to be sacked... on 21:50 - Feb 14 with 1657 viewsSaintsforeverj

Not a chance he would be sacked. All the while we are safe from relegation, there is no way they would pay off his contract. And, what is the point? I like Howe but remember he got relegated with Bournemouth and spent a lot more money than Ralph has. I'm pretty sure Ralph will sort this out, all be it with his hands tied.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2021 21:54]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

If Ralph was to be sacked... on 22:03 - Feb 14 with 1633 viewsBicester_North

Saints would be slaughtered quite rightly to sack the manager who had us top a few months back without having someone seriously decent lined up.

I know we sacked Adkins and replaced him with a gamble but can’t see that happening again.

If we were marooned in the relegation zone or the players had obviously given up that would be the only reasons

As for replacements, f*ck knows. How about Lampard
[Post edited 14 Feb 2021 22:03]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

If Ralph was to be sacked... on 22:09 - Feb 14 with 1609 viewsTimSaint

Even if we wanted to sack him, which I very much doubt, we would not be able to afford to pay him off anyway.

TimSaint

If Ralph was to be sacked... on 22:11 - Feb 14 with 1605 viewsMytchettSaint

I reckon Klopp could be possibly available as early as Tuesday night/Wednesday morning

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

If Ralph was to be sacked... on 23:13 - Feb 14 with 1518 viewsElijahK

As much as you say that, him getting us top is almost outdone by us loosing 9-0 and now setting a club record of 6 back to back league defeats! I mean look I like Ralph and think that he’s the best manager we’ve had since Koeman. But in the end we never seem to have a plan B and no matter who you are, you should never loose 9-0 or loose 6 BACK TO BACK games! I mean this situation has been caused by our shut owner investing nothing into the club hence how we’ve got such a thin squad and also the poor officials we’ve had recently!

But at the same time when you loose 6 back to back games and loose 9-0 it does make you wonder of how nothings being asked/said!? Honestly if it wasn’t for us being in the quarter finals of the FA cup then I may be leaning towards the sacking side as our next game is Chelsea which we’ll get nothing out of, then Leeds which if we loose will be 8 back to back defeats! And we’ll if that happens then there’s no excuses whatsoever

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

If Ralph was to be sacked... on 23:18 - Feb 14 with 1513 viewsBicester_North

If Ralph was to be sacked... on 23:13 - Feb 14 by ElijahK

As much as you say that, him getting us top is almost outdone by us loosing 9-0 and now setting a club record of 6 back to back league defeats! I mean look I like Ralph and think that he’s the best manager we’ve had since Koeman. But in the end we never seem to have a plan B and no matter who you are, you should never loose 9-0 or loose 6 BACK TO BACK games! I mean this situation has been caused by our shut owner investing nothing into the club hence how we’ve got such a thin squad and also the poor officials we’ve had recently!

But at the same time when you loose 6 back to back games and loose 9-0 it does make you wonder of how nothings being asked/said!? Honestly if it wasn’t for us being in the quarter finals of the FA cup then I may be leaning towards the sacking side as our next game is Chelsea which we’ll get nothing out of, then Leeds which if we loose will be 8 back to back defeats! And we’ll if that happens then there’s no excuses whatsoever

Can’t say we’ll get nothing out of Chelsea and worry about Leeds, there’s a decent chance of beating both.

A terrible run but look at Sheff U, on a much worse run than us then started picking points including a win at Old Trafford.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

If Ralph was to be sacked... on 00:42 - Feb 15 with 1470 viewsElijahK

Yeah mate look I wanna be optimistic and such, but in the end Sheffield United just had that classic “second seasons syndrome” and yeah it could be worse... but it could also be better, a LOT better! I mean you say we could get something against Chelsea but seeing that none of the VAR decisions will go our way, correct or not, and they’ve been decent ever since that new manager came in. I mean with Leeds that games just one that I can see going ether way.

But the fact is, if we did loose both of those games that’ll be 8 losses IN A ROW! And as much as I do love Hastenhurtle, he just never has a plan B, will get players to pass it around when we have chances and it can be soo frustrating, but when that frustration results in 8 back to back losses, that’s when even the likes of Fergi would be getting the boot! I mean in the end our injuries were bad, but are MILES better now and certainly with the squad we’ve got shouldn’t be ending up putting us in 8 back to back losses which 2ill almost certainly result in us falling to 17th (luckily there’s a 10 point gab between us going down to 18th!).

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Login to get fewer ads

If Ralph was to be sacked... on 07:46 - Feb 15 with 1352 viewskingslandstand1

If Ralph was to be sacked... on 22:11 - Feb 14 by MytchettSaint

I reckon Klopp could be possibly available as early as Tuesday night/Wednesday morning

If only ................... and then we can tell him to fuk off, we don't want him
If Ralph was to be sacked... on 09:41 - Feb 15 with 1230 viewsSadoldgit

If Ralph was to be sacked... on 23:13 - Feb 14 by ElijahK

But we haven’t lost 6 back to back games. In fact we last won a game last Thursday evening.
If Ralph was to be sacked... on 10:34 - Feb 15 with 1192 viewsRon11

If Ralph was to be sacked... on 09:41 - Feb 15 by Sadoldgit

But we haven’t lost 6 back to back games. In fact we last won a game last Thursday evening.

You should be a politician, that's the sort of thing they would come out with, especially as everyone knows we're referring to league games.
If Ralph was to be sacked... on 10:40 - Feb 15 with 1189 viewsSaintNick

Howe would be ideal, he has lost 5 Premier League games in a row on several occasions, including two such runs last season, so he knows how to prevent a sixth.

Ralph Hasenhuttl is doing a good job in difficult circumstance, both at the club with injuries and in football itself which is going through a massive financial crisis because of Covid

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

If Ralph was to be sacked... on 10:59 - Feb 15 with 1163 viewsButty101

If Ralph was to be sacked... on 10:40 - Feb 15 by SaintNick

Howe would be ideal, he has lost 5 Premier League games in a row on several occasions, including two such runs last season, so he knows how to prevent a sixth.

Ralph Hasenhuttl is doing a good job in difficult circumstance, both at the club with injuries and in football itself which is going through a massive financial crisis because of Covid

How many times did Howe lose 9-0?

How many games on the trot does he lose before you think there's a problem. That was our strongest team out on sunday against a team that cant score. Low and behold they score twice.

Ralph wont be sacked as we cant afford it. But with what he has he shouldnt be losing 6 on the trot.

If Ralph was to be sacked... on 11:32 - Feb 15 with 1144 viewsSaintNick

If Ralph was to be sacked... on 10:59 - Feb 15 by Butty101

How many times did Howe lose 9-0?

How many games on the trot does he lose before you think there's a problem. That was our strongest team out on sunday against a team that cant score. Low and behold they score twice.

Ralph wont be sacked as we cant afford it. But with what he has he shouldnt be losing 6 on the trot.

There is no magic number defeat that says a manager should be sacked, yes Wolves scored twice from just about their only two shots on goal, that doesn't make Hasenhuttl a bad manager.

We need to give him time to build something here rather than just go back to what we have done for the last 30 years where the manager rarely lasts two years

If Ralph was to be sacked... on 12:14 - Feb 15 with 1109 viewsSonicBoom

I think with Ralph we are in that rare position where currently is suits both parties. He's the best option for us and we are the best option for him. Neither of us can currently do much better !
If Ralph was to be sacked... on 12:32 - Feb 15 with 1097 viewsfranniesTache

The manager i think would suit use would be Thomas Frank who's at Brentford right now, he fits the clubs philosophy, has worked without, or with a very limited, budget and would stabilise us a bit.

That said i don't think we'll sack Ralph even if we lose 9 straight as i'm not convinced we can afford to.
If Ralph was to be sacked... on 12:40 - Feb 15 with 1080 viewsdirk_doone

The truth is, if we replaced him, it's highly unlikely that we'd get anyone who'd do any better. He really has had some abysmal luck of late with a spate of injuries to key players and terrible officials. It's the worst run of injuries and bad refereeing decsions I can recall in all my years of watching Saints. But, in spite of all that, we are still 12th in the league and through to the quarter-finals of the cup.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2021 12:41]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

If Ralph was to be sacked... on 12:49 - Feb 15 with 1066 viewsfranniesTache

If Ralph was to be sacked... on 12:40 - Feb 15 by dirk_doone

The truth is, if we replaced him, it's highly unlikely that we'd get anyone who'd do any better. He really has had some abysmal luck of late with a spate of injuries to key players and terrible officials. It's the worst run of injuries and bad refereeing decsions I can recall in all my years of watching Saints. But, in spite of all that, we are still 12th in the league and through to the quarter-finals of the cup.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2021 12:41]

On the one hand i think we're probably where we should be given our ability to spend, quality of squad and injuries.

On the other hand i can't really get over the fact we've lost 9-0 twice in two seasons and had the longest losing streak in our 136 year history.
If Ralph was to be sacked... on 12:53 - Feb 15 with 1063 viewsTripleNiemi

If Ralph was to be sacked... on 11:32 - Feb 15 by SaintNick

There is no magic number defeat that says a manager should be sacked, yes Wolves scored twice from just about their only two shots on goal, that doesn't make Hasenhuttl a bad manager.

We need to give him time to build something here rather than just go back to what we have done for the last 30 years where the manager rarely lasts two years

This

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

If Ralph was to be sacked... on 13:00 - Feb 15 with 1058 viewsTripleNiemi

If Ralph was to be sacked... on 12:49 - Feb 15 by franniesTache

On the one hand i think we're probably where we should be given our ability to spend, quality of squad and injuries.

On the other hand i can't really get over the fact we've lost 9-0 twice in two seasons and had the longest losing streak in our 136 year history.

I think many got carried away when we were performing miracles and at the heady heights towards the top of the league. We have a reasonable set of players that on their day can turn anyone over, but sadly we cannot maintain that level with the poor back up (past the first 13 or 14 first team players).

I think we are a reasonable mid table side that is doing ok under the current financial restrictions. So long as we go full bore for the cup i am fairly happy (sadly). Other than that we merely another provincial club making the numbers up / canon fodder.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

If Ralph was to be sacked... on 13:04 - Feb 15 with 1055 viewsfranniesTache

If Ralph was to be sacked... on 13:00 - Feb 15 by TripleNiemi

I think many got carried away when we were performing miracles and at the heady heights towards the top of the league. We have a reasonable set of players that on their day can turn anyone over, but sadly we cannot maintain that level with the poor back up (past the first 13 or 14 first team players).

I think we are a reasonable mid table side that is doing ok under the current financial restrictions. So long as we go full bore for the cup i am fairly happy (sadly). Other than that we merely another provincial club making the numbers up / canon fodder.

yeah it's the cup that means i won't call for Ralph's head yet. I do think it's fair to question him though, as many have said he doesn't seem to have any ideas outside of his one way of playing and he really does seem slow to act when things don't work.

I think the problem with Ralph is it seems like there's a cult around him and no one's allowed to criticise or question him, which is just odd really. I mean at the end of the day he's achieved no more than many other Saints managers, all of whom were questioned by the fans.
If Ralph was to be sacked... on 14:28 - Feb 15 with 1002 viewsButty101

If Ralph was to be sacked... on 11:32 - Feb 15 by SaintNick

To be fair Ralph has had nearly 2.5 half seasons and we haven't really progressed that much.
We still dont score many and concede alot. In fact Saints have now dropped 50points from winning positions since Ralph took over.
As other people have pointed out, we generally do well in the first half then tail off in the 2nd half. If the players at his disposal cant play his system or maintain that level then he needs to adapt. Its mental to keep doing the same thing and expecting different results. Yesterday he could have been pro-active with his subs yet isnt. Tella had a great midweek cameo yet dosent get on the pitch.

I like Ralph and want him to do well with us. But he has got into a rut and is struggling to turn it round.

If Ralph was to be sacked... on 14:37 - Feb 15 with 993 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

To be honest with you, Howe is already too big for your club, and he will be looking at a Leeds or a Newcastle size club next.

Ralph the Rabbit will also soon be too big for your club, unless he gets you relegated this season.

Just facts.

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

If Ralph was to be sacked... on 11:00 - Feb 16 with 841 viewsSaintNick

If Ralph was to be sacked... on 14:37 - Feb 15 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

To be honest with you, Howe is already too big for your club, and he will be looking at a Leeds or a Newcastle size club next.

Ralph the Rabbit will also soon be too big for your club, unless he gets you relegated this season.

Just facts.

You could be right, but as you seem to now just how big our club actually is, it must be a very sobering thought when you look at that position compared to your own club.

On a brighter note at least we can't say you are in our shadow, our shadow doesn't reach that far

If Ralph was to be sacked... on 11:37 - Feb 16 with 821 views1teeminants

If Ralph was to be sacked... on 14:37 - Feb 15 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Just facts.

You would take him a bit seriously but how can you when he supports a team that really struggle year after year to get out of league 1. It’s like having a naughty little brother. Bless him.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024