Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pleased For Ruben Selles 17:13 - Feb 18 with 5197 viewsRon11

What a great result for the man, and he actually looks like a Prem manager instead of a tramp.
Give the man the job, so pleased they didn't bring in Marsch.
There've been calls since the summer to bring him in, and the other call was to start Stuart Armstrong, both happened today.
Why oh why they brought in Jones, we could have been six points or more better off by now.
Madness. Hopefully sanity will now prevail.
Pleased For Ruben Selles on 17:13 - Feb 18 with 4158 viewsmushinexile

Hear, hear.
Pleased For Ruben Selles on 17:19 - Feb 18 with 4120 viewsTripleNiemi

Massive well done to the lads and Manager elect, whilst other results were not ideal this deserves all the plaudits

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Pleased For Ruben Selles on 17:24 - Feb 18 with 4088 viewsgrumpy

Those subs made me nervous but he got the result,well done Selles,he looked the part today too,very smart.
Pleased For Ruben Selles on 17:36 - Feb 18 with 4002 views1885_SFC

Pleased For Ruben Selles on 17:24 - Feb 18 by grumpy

Those subs made me nervous but he got the result,well done Selles,he looked the part today too,very smart.

Yep, he looked very dapper - unlike the chavvy Welshman who always looked like he was selling fruit n veg off a market stall in his Sports Direct clobber.

Nice to hear the Saints fans singing Selles's name throughout the 2nd half.

Same again at Leeds next week & it'll be a case of give Selles the job for the rest of the season.

Old School is Cool

Pleased For Ruben Selles on 17:38 - Feb 18 with 3991 viewsRon11

Pleased For Ruben Selles on 17:24 - Feb 18 by grumpy

Very noticeable that James Bree wasn't even on the bench today
Pleased For Ruben Selles on 17:42 - Feb 18 with 3974 views1885_SFC

Pleased For Ruben Selles on 17:38 - Feb 18 by Ron11

I reckon Jones only brought him in to snitch to him with tales from the training ground.

Bree = teacher's pet with a shiny apple for "sir" each day.

Old School is Cool

Pleased For Ruben Selles on 17:50 - Feb 18 with 3939 viewsRon11

Pleased For Ruben Selles on 17:42 - Feb 18 by 1885_SFC

I reckon Jones only brought him in to snitch to him with tales from the training ground.

Bree = teacher's pet with a shiny apple for "sir" each day.

Thank feck that's all over.

I do wonder if Chelsea would let us have Raheem Sterling on loan if they don't want to start him..
Pleased For Ruben Selles on 17:55 - Feb 18 with 3912 viewskernow

Hope the board don't decide to appoint Potter when he gets fired on Monday.
Login to get fewer ads

Pleased For Ruben Selles on 17:56 - Feb 18 with 3901 viewsSouthamptonfan

I like Selles a lot - gut feeling. The fans love him.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2023 17:56]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Pleased For Ruben Selles on 18:01 - Feb 18 with 3876 viewsRon11

Pleased For Ruben Selles on 17:56 - Feb 18 by Southamptonfan

I like Selles a lot - gut feeling. The fans love him.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2023 17:56]

He's a motivator, and you could see by the actions on the pitch showing how well he gets on with the players. It would be utter madness to give the job to anybody else now.
Pleased For Ruben Selles on 18:03 - Feb 18 with 3867 viewsSonicBoom

Clearly got the players support although I have to say his team selection and subs seemed no better than Jones.
Pleased For Ruben Selles on 18:05 - Feb 18 with 3854 viewsmushinexile

Doesn't matter if he can get them winning matches, does it?
Pleased For Ruben Selles on 18:17 - Feb 18 with 3797 viewsthissceptredsaint

My thoughts entirely sir re Bree, he was to be Jones's ears and eyes.
Pleased For Ruben Selles on 18:21 - Feb 18 with 3777 viewsMonksway

I didn't see the game so might have this wrong but the team selection makes more sense if KWP and Salisu were injured/ not fit to start and will replace AMN and Bednarek in due course. If we are playing a more familiar system with JWP partnering Lavia, Stuart A and Elyanoussi as 10s and the new strikers up front it starts to take us back to before the mad tinkering this . Seems like DCC, Orsic, Aribo and Edozie might struggle for game time. Presumably Che will replace Theo on the bench.
Pleased For Ruben Selles on 18:29 - Feb 18 with 3741 viewssaint22

Pleased For Ruben Selles on 18:21 - Feb 18 by Monksway

I didn't see the game so might have this wrong but the team selection makes more sense if KWP and Salisu were injured/ not fit to start and will replace AMN and Bednarek in due course. If we are playing a more familiar system with JWP partnering Lavia, Stuart A and Elyanoussi as 10s and the new strikers up front it starts to take us back to before the mad tinkering this . Seems like DCC, Orsic, Aribo and Edozie might struggle for game time. Presumably Che will replace Theo on the bench.

I assume KWP wasn’t match fit as he is a shoo in to start
Odd that Orsic hasn’t had a look in
And Che was injured too I guess
I was surprised Alcarez was dropped but it highlights the fact that with the right manager we have enough to get out of it
Pleased For Ruben Selles on 18:35 - Feb 18 with 3715 viewsDENZY

Pleased For Ruben Selles on 17:36 - Feb 18 by 1885_SFC

Yep, he looked very dapper - unlike the chavvy Welshman who always looked like he was selling fruit n veg off a market stall in his Sports Direct clobber.

Nice to hear the Saints fans singing Selles's name throughout the 2nd half.

Same again at Leeds next week & it'll be a case of give Selles the job for the rest of the season.

He certainly looks the part, give him the job until the end of the season.

"The Chapel Kop at Southampton is widely regarded as the most passionate and intimidating Kop in European football."

Pleased For Ruben Selles on 19:06 - Feb 18 with 3602 viewsGRIM

Pleased For Ruben Selles on 17:38 - Feb 18 by Ron11

Nor was Salisu or Caleta Car.
It made me very nervous when he brought on Walcott & Diallo.
But it worked, so congrats.
Pleased For Ruben Selles on 22:25 - Feb 18 with 3343 viewsSteveMoron

Pleased For Ruben Selles on 18:35 - Feb 18 by DENZY

He certainly looks the part, give him the job until the end of the season.

Don't give him the job! If we lose the next 2 we'll be back to square one. A 3rd manager to pay off!
Pleased For Ruben Selles on 00:59 - Feb 19 with 3208 views1885_SFC

Selles certainly sounds like he's the man for the job in his post match Press conference:

Old School is Cool

Pleased For Ruben Selles on 02:47 - Feb 19 with 3162 viewsRipleys_revenge

Interesting comment he made after the game about how a previous mistake has been to wait too long to get subs on / change the shape. Said he tried to be more proactive by bringing in the first 3 subs. Maybe fans who have been screaming for this for ages do actually have some idea about football?!

I groaned at the time because of the individuals, but the change of shape definitely had an impact and kept us in the game with the counter attacking threat. I also wasn’t too keen on a few individuals in the starting 11, but selles clearly knows what he is doing and the players themselves looked so much more comfortable and motivated in the shape that he set up.

Backs to the wall second half but great to see the commitment on display. Some great blocks, and loved seeing Perraud’s celebration after that goal line clearance.

Haven’t watched us play with those energy levels and that desire in what seems like a very long time.
Pleased For Ruben Selles on 04:12 - Feb 19 with 3133 viewsBuenosSaint

This is the start of the no manager bounce.

Poll: The Long Future

Pleased For Ruben Selles on 07:32 - Feb 19 with 3012 viewsBuenosSaint

Poll: The Long Future

Pleased For Ruben Selles on 09:39 - Feb 19 with 2754 viewsBridders2

Interesting that 2 or 3 players in the team we definitely wouldn't choose as fans, actually performed for once. Motivation and desire are powerful weapons and Selles managed to switch them on for this game. Let's hope we can go to Leeds in the same head space.

That was a good interview you can see why the players would respond to him. Not counting any chickens yet but it was a good response.
Pleased For Ruben Selles on 09:42 - Feb 19 with 2745 views1teeminants

Pleased For Ruben Selles on 07:32 - Feb 19 by BuenosSaint

I really hope the board don’t do anything stupid here and get someone else in. I know it’s only one game but you can see how much the players love Selles which counts for so much in life. We’ve all worked for a boss we don’t particularly like or don’t respect and it just makes you feel demotivated.

Give Selles the job until the end of the season please.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Pleased For Ruben Selles on 09:47 - Feb 19 with 2718 viewsHeisenberg

Pleased For Ruben Selles on 09:42 - Feb 19 by 1teeminants

I really hope the board don’t do anything stupid here and get someone else in. I know it’s only one game but you can see how much the players love Selles which counts for so much in life. We’ve all worked for a boss we don’t particularly like or don’t respect and it just makes you feel demotivated.

Give Selles the job until the end of the season please.

Totally. Excluding the cup we have 15 games left. Ruben Selles knows the players and on yesterdays evidence seems to know what he is doing. Give him the job until the end of the season then see how it goes. Even if we go down he may still be the manager to get us back up.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024