Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton At Blackburn The Preview 07:45 - Apr 5 with 1401 viewsSaintsNews

Southampton At Blackburn The Preview 5th Apr 2024 07:45
The focus has shifted in the last few days from automatic promotion, to making sure that we don't drop out of the play off spots, a win at Blackburn Rovers could put us within one win of guaranteeing a top six finish. 3

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton At Blackburn The Preview on 10:21 - Apr 5 with 1277 views1885_SFC

He won't drop Captain Jack and revert back to the defence that served us well during that long, unbeaten run. So, it's as you were at Blackburn. RM won't be told what to do by anyone. He knows best. Following the defeat at Ipswich, RM said (regarding KWP) "No one gets an automatic start in the side". What he forgot to add was "...unless you're Jack Stephens".

So, I'm expecting 'Mr Stubborn' to do things his way once again and shoehorn Jack in once again, leave several of our best players on the bench, have no plan B if it goes tits up, and continue with the tippy-tappy stuff across the back (going nowhere) when we're in desperate need of a goal.

It's all so predictable - even before the team is announced and a ball is kicked.

Old School is Cool

Southampton At Blackburn The Preview on 11:30 - Apr 5 with 1214 views1ASIN12

I have a feeling that Bednarek was suspended due to his booking on Monday? That gives Martin the excuse to play Stephens tomorrow?
Southampton At Blackburn The Preview on 18:37 - Apr 5 with 1125 viewsGRIM

Southampton At Blackburn The Preview on 11:30 - Apr 5 by 1ASIN12

I have a feeling that Bednarek was suspended due to his booking on Monday? That gives Martin the excuse to play Stephens tomorrow?

I think Bednarek is OK to play.
I think he's past the cut off point of bookings so he should be OK.
More to the point will RM pick him, he's just as likely to leave Bedders out & play Stephen's.
Southampton At Blackburn The Preview on 18:39 - Apr 5 with 1124 viewsGRIM

Southampton At Blackburn The Preview on 10:21 - Apr 5 by 1885_SFC

He won't drop Captain Jack and revert back to the defence that served us well during that long, unbeaten run. So, it's as you were at Blackburn. RM won't be told what to do by anyone. He knows best. Following the defeat at Ipswich, RM said (regarding KWP) "No one gets an automatic start in the side". What he forgot to add was "...unless you're Jack Stephens".

So, I'm expecting 'Mr Stubborn' to do things his way once again and shoehorn Jack in once again, leave several of our best players on the bench, have no plan B if it goes tits up, and continue with the tippy-tappy stuff across the back (going nowhere) when we're in desperate need of a goal.

It's all so predictable - even before the team is announced and a ball is kicked.

Or unless your name is Bazuna.
Southampton At Blackburn The Preview on 23:20 - Apr 5 with 1020 viewssaint22

KWP better fkn start
Southampton At Blackburn The Preview on 10:45 - Apr 6 with 951 viewskingslandstand1

I think that just about sums our current predicament up!

Unfortunately ....... just cannot understand his train of thought sometimes. Are his coaching team all of the same mentality?
Southampton At Blackburn The Preview on 11:05 - Apr 6 with 939 viewssaintmark1976

Earlier in the week 1985 S F C, you replied to one of my posts saying “ That suns it up for me” or similar.

This morning it’s my pleasure to return the compliment.
Southampton At Blackburn The Preview on 12:24 - Apr 6 with 883 viewsBridders2

Southampton At Blackburn The Preview on 10:45 - Apr 6 by kingslandstand1

Unfortunately ....... just cannot understand his train of thought sometimes. Are his coaching team all of the same mentality?

Are the coaching staff just a bunch of 'yes' men?
Surely they must see what we see, a great defence, dismantled for one player. Do any of them have the balls to speak up or are they worried they'll lose their jobs? I get the feeling RM won't suffer dissenters.
Login to get fewer ads

Southampton At Blackburn The Preview on 15:05 - Apr 6 with 779 viewssaint22

Southampton At Blackburn The Preview on 10:45 - Apr 6 by kingslandstand1

Do any of the players also question him?
I still think we have lacked a finishing coach all season
And what of Calderwood? he came in and we looked solid, now Wussell has kicked about with the line up we don’t. Surely he is fuming?
Southampton At Blackburn The Preview on 16:06 - Apr 6 with 729 viewsCity_boy

Southampton At Blackburn The Preview on 15:05 - Apr 6 by saint22

Do any of the players also question him?
I still think we have lacked a finishing coach all season
And what of Calderwood? he came in and we looked solid, now Wussell has kicked about with the line up we don’t. Surely he is fuming?

Normal service resumed. 72% possession in 1st half and not a single shot on target.

How many times have we said this ?
Southampton At Blackburn The Preview on 16:20 - Apr 6 with 681 viewsTimSaint

Southampton At Blackburn The Preview on 16:06 - Apr 6 by City_boy

Normal service resumed. 72% possession in 1st half and not a single shot on target.

To be fair Aribo did hit the bar, but yes, it's boring. 1 hour played, 4 shots, none on target !!

TimSaint

Southampton At Blackburn The Preview on 16:25 - Apr 6 with 669 viewssaint22

Southampton At Blackburn The Preview on 16:20 - Apr 6 by TimSaint

To be fair Aribo did hit the bar, but yes, it's boring. 1 hour played, 4 shots, none on target !!

I have said it all season we clearly don’t practise hitting the target our profligacy is astonishing

Every warm up 75% of the shots miss
Southampton At Blackburn The Preview on 16:26 - Apr 6 with 667 viewsCity_boy

This is painful to watch.
Southampton At Blackburn The Preview on 16:27 - Apr 6 with 663 viewssaint22

Southampton At Blackburn The Preview on 16:26 - Apr 6 by City_boy

Adams straight into the action and wide of the target
Southampton At Blackburn The Preview on 16:32 - Apr 6 with 643 viewsUlsterBaz

It is. Not at all confident about nicking a winner.
Southampton At Blackburn The Preview on 16:35 - Apr 6 with 632 viewssaint22

Southampton At Blackburn The Preview on 16:32 - Apr 6 by UlsterBaz

It is. Not at all confident about nicking a winner.

All the results going our way and what do we do? Fail to even hit the target
Southampton At Blackburn The Preview on 16:36 - Apr 6 with 625 viewsTripleNiemi

Southampton At Blackburn The Preview on 16:06 - Apr 6 by City_boy

Possession down to 69% now, Russ must be getting concerned…..

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Southampton At Blackburn The Preview on 16:56 - Apr 6 with 570 viewscocklebreath

Awful

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Southampton At Blackburn The Preview on 16:58 - Apr 6 with 561 viewsCity_boy

Southampton At Blackburn The Preview on 16:56 - Apr 6 by cocklebreath

Awful

Couldnt agree more. It was absolute dross. They could have stayed out there all night and not scored.
Southampton At Blackburn The Preview on 16:58 - Apr 6 with 559 viewsNYC_Saint

No idea, no urgency, no creativity. Probably the worst we've played all season. I hope Martin calls them all out after the game.
Southampton At Blackburn The Preview on 17:01 - Apr 6 with 547 viewscocklebreath

Southampton At Blackburn The Preview on 16:58 - Apr 6 by NYC_Saint

No idea, no urgency, no creativity. Probably the worst we've played all season. I hope Martin calls them all out after the game.

We were brave and had 70% possession 😴

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Southampton At Blackburn The Preview on 17:02 - Apr 6 with 537 viewsTimSaint

Southampton At Blackburn The Preview on 16:36 - Apr 6 by TripleNiemi

Possession down to 69% now, Russ must be getting concerned…..

70% possession
7 shots
2 on target

No urgency or will to win

Still RM will be proud of the boys
We will have deserved to win, if only we had taken our chances
We've gained a point on Ipswich and Leeds :-) (and lost 2 to Leicester)

We never seem to take advantage when others drop points.

Still, it's a point nearer the play-offs and 4th place !! :-)

TimSaint

Southampton At Blackburn The Preview on 17:14 - Apr 6 with 474 viewsTripleNiemi

Southampton At Blackburn The Preview on 17:02 - Apr 6 by TimSaint

70% possession
7 shots
2 on target

No urgency or will to win

Still RM will be proud of the boys
We will have deserved to win, if only we had taken our chances
We've gained a point on Ipswich and Leeds :-) (and lost 2 to Leicester)

We never seem to take advantage when others drop points.

Still, it's a point nearer the play-offs and 4th place !! :-)

And all the Social Media plebs will lap it up….

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024