Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Daily Mail 22:38 - Apr 14 with 31180 viewsIAN05

Looks like they have got hold of the training ground fight story.
Daily Mail on 17:35 - Apr 15 with 2022 viewsIAN05

Daily Mail on 17:24 - Apr 15 by Uxbridge

Class bullies tend to be popular as well. It's hardly a defence. Not that I think he is of course, but the fact some people stayed close to him doesn't make him whiter than white.

You're right, nobody knows the ins and outs apart from those involved. My point is just that if we brush this under the carpet as simply a case of Laudrup not sorting the issue then it's completely missing the point. If Jenkins is on the training ground every day then he should have spotted this and had a word. If Monk saw that his team was split down the middle then as club captain he should be doing something about that. Ditto Williams actually. Hell, so should the other players particularly the likes of Rangel. This is all assuming there is some massive split of course, and this hasn't been blown ridiculously out of proportion.

Clearly there's a rebalancing act to take place in the summer, both in terms of the playing staff and coaching. As for Monk's future, that'll depend for me on how his role this season is viewed and whether the club could accommodate him next season .

Class bullies tend to be popular in public and when they are around, but they are quietly loathed by most. I'm not saying he is perfect, but the mainstays at the club who have been there through the years (Curt particularly) speak very highly of him and the work he has put in over the years tob keep the squad tight.

My understanding is that Monk, Ash, Leon and a couple of others tried to sort it but ended up clashing with Laudrup and his staff, who didn't see a problem. All have the responsibility to fix it but Laudrup had the opportunity to prevent it from even starting.
Daily Mail on 17:37 - Apr 15 with 2018 viewsUxbridge

Daily Mail on 17:35 - Apr 15 by IAN05

Class bullies tend to be popular in public and when they are around, but they are quietly loathed by most. I'm not saying he is perfect, but the mainstays at the club who have been there through the years (Curt particularly) speak very highly of him and the work he has put in over the years tob keep the squad tight.

My understanding is that Monk, Ash, Leon and a couple of others tried to sort it but ended up clashing with Laudrup and his staff, who didn't see a problem. All have the responsibility to fix it but Laudrup had the opportunity to prevent it from even starting.

So do a few others IMO. Not a defense of Laudrup of course but I'm not quite buying the party line that it's those damned Spaniards who are totally at fault.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Daily Mail on 17:46 - Apr 15 with 1995 viewsIAN05

Daily Mail on 17:37 - Apr 15 by Uxbridge

So do a few others IMO. Not a defense of Laudrup of course but I'm not quite buying the party line that it's those damned Spaniards who are totally at fault.

The 'party line' is just an assumption by the press though. However, there is a deep social split in this current squad, which didn't exist under previous managers regardless of nationality, which Laudrup could easily have prevented.

The club have tried to paper over the problem since with insistence on English being spoken and worryingly even learned by some and mixed groups for lunch and other tasks but spirit cant just be built overnight and you wonder if much of the damage is already done.
Daily Mail on 17:50 - Apr 15 with 1980 viewsUxbridge

Daily Mail on 17:46 - Apr 15 by IAN05

The 'party line' is just an assumption by the press though. However, there is a deep social split in this current squad, which didn't exist under previous managers regardless of nationality, which Laudrup could easily have prevented.

The club have tried to paper over the problem since with insistence on English being spoken and worryingly even learned by some and mixed groups for lunch and other tasks but spirit cant just be built overnight and you wonder if much of the damage is already done.

If this has occurred for 2 years you have to wonder how the situation has festered so long. Can't just pin all that on one man.

Daily Mail on 17:57 - Apr 15 with 1962 viewsIAN05

Daily Mail on 17:50 - Apr 15 by Uxbridge

If this has occurred for 2 years you have to wonder how the situation has festered so long. Can't just pin all that on one man.

Laudrup cannot be solely blamed of course, but he oversaw it. Like all things these things only become a big issue when the chips are down ( though the addition of 3 more non English speaking Spaniards in Summer wouldn't have helped team bonding).

Far more should have been done early by all parties to resolve this and many other issues. Someone mentioned sleep walking to relegation yesterday, whilst I don't think we will go down, the saying remains apt.
Daily Mail on 18:01 - Apr 15 with 1951 viewsVetchitBack

Daily Mail on 17:02 - Apr 15 by Uxbridge

So the club captain during Laudrup's tenure bears no responsibility? And the inability to heal said rifts in last 2 1/2 months.

Laudrup's got to take more than a fair share of the blame but there's enough to pass around.

Was he really club captain under Laudrup? It didn't feel like. I thought that was Rodgers unofficial title for him out of gratitude and perhaps a little guilt as he wasn't picking him any more?

If the rift is one worthy of the name and has been simmering for months AND the Spaniards see Monk as an enemy I think there's very little he can do. They probably don't have that much respect for him. He wasn't a world class players and has never managed before. You'd hope that any manager of Swansea City would command respect but with what I've written above coupled with speculation that Monk played a part in ousting their Dad they may be finding it difficult? Still Laudrup who created this mess and it'll probably be solved as many will leave when the season ends.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Daily Mail on 18:05 - Apr 15 with 1929 viewsUxbridge

Daily Mail on 18:01 - Apr 15 by VetchitBack

Was he really club captain under Laudrup? It didn't feel like. I thought that was Rodgers unofficial title for him out of gratitude and perhaps a little guilt as he wasn't picking him any more?

If the rift is one worthy of the name and has been simmering for months AND the Spaniards see Monk as an enemy I think there's very little he can do. They probably don't have that much respect for him. He wasn't a world class players and has never managed before. You'd hope that any manager of Swansea City would command respect but with what I've written above coupled with speculation that Monk played a part in ousting their Dad they may be finding it difficult? Still Laudrup who created this mess and it'll probably be solved as many will leave when the season ends.

Yes, he was really club captain. Was a change this season with Williams taking over, but Monk still around.

Like I said anyway, it's too simplistic to blame one person. If there is an issue, it's a systemic one.

Daily Mail on 18:09 - Apr 15 with 1907 viewsGowerjack

Anyone know what happened?

I've heard a tale

Can't believe it's true though....

Sunny Delight

8 v 4&22&24

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Login to get fewer ads

Daily Mail on 18:50 - Apr 15 with 1855 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Daily Mail on 18:05 - Apr 15 by Uxbridge

Yes, he was really club captain. Was a change this season with Williams taking over, but Monk still around.

Like I said anyway, it's too simplistic to blame one person. If there is an issue, it's a systemic one.

Well it certainly hasn't been solved since Laudrup left.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Daily Mail on 18:59 - Apr 15 with 1830 viewsIAN05

Daily Mail on 18:50 - Apr 15 by Joe_bradshaw

Well it certainly hasn't been solved since Laudrup left.

Was never going to in honesty. If the problems are as deep rooted as press think then taking Laudrup out of equation was not going to resolve it . The problems will still be there but one of the people responsible for preventing them no longer is.

The contributing factors, ie players not speaking English, cliques being formed, attitudes towards Training etc are being dealt with but much of damage is already done, in afraid
Daily Mail on 19:01 - Apr 15 with 1819 viewsDr_Winston

Daily Mail on 18:59 - Apr 15 by IAN05

Was never going to in honesty. If the problems are as deep rooted as press think then taking Laudrup out of equation was not going to resolve it . The problems will still be there but one of the people responsible for preventing them no longer is.

The contributing factors, ie players not speaking English, cliques being formed, attitudes towards Training etc are being dealt with but much of damage is already done, in afraid

Maybe given the fondness one has for undermining management, and the other for stomping around the pitch blaming anyone and everyone when things go wrong, we should be looking to move Ash and Monk out to make a clean sweep of it?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Daily Mail on 19:06 - Apr 15 with 1805 viewsIAN05

Daily Mail on 19:01 - Apr 15 by Dr_Winston

Maybe given the fondness one has for undermining management, and the other for stomping around the pitch blaming anyone and everyone when things go wrong, we should be looking to move Ash and Monk out to make a clean sweep of it?

Maybe. Wont happen though in my opinion. Both held in far too high a regard at the club for that, rightly or wrongly
Daily Mail on 19:08 - Apr 15 with 1795 viewsStarsky

Happier times with Garry Monk...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/feb/22/swansea-city-garry-monk-team-mat

It's just the internet, init.

Daily Mail on 19:14 - Apr 15 with 1762 viewsexiledclaseboy

What a thoroughly depressing story at the worst possible time for us. Four games left, we'll probably need to win two of them to stay up, the bottom three looming with at least two of them picking up vital wins on Saturday just gone and apparently half of our squad seemingly hates the other half and can't stand to be on the same pitch as each other.

Miserable. F*cking miserable. My only hope is that the story is exaggerated or sensationalised a bit and it creates a siege mentality among the squad which can steer us to stumbling over the line over the next four games.

I've never been less confident about us staying up this season than I am today.

Poll: Tory leader

Daily Mail on 19:17 - Apr 15 with 1751 viewsowainglyndwr

Daily Mail on 19:08 - Apr 15 by Starsky

Happier times with Garry Monk...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/feb/22/swansea-city-garry-monk-team-mat

Rob Phillips wants there to be problems
Daily Mail on 19:25 - Apr 15 with 1715 viewsUxbridge

Daily Mail on 19:14 - Apr 15 by exiledclaseboy

What a thoroughly depressing story at the worst possible time for us. Four games left, we'll probably need to win two of them to stay up, the bottom three looming with at least two of them picking up vital wins on Saturday just gone and apparently half of our squad seemingly hates the other half and can't stand to be on the same pitch as each other.

Miserable. F*cking miserable. My only hope is that the story is exaggerated or sensationalised a bit and it creates a siege mentality among the squad which can steer us to stumbling over the line over the next four games.

The maths don't back up that monumentally pessimistic post. Man up you wuss.

Daily Mail on 19:26 - Apr 15 with 1705 viewsshandyjack

Daily Mail on 19:25 - Apr 15 by Uxbridge

one win will be enough

Poll: Expectation for the season

Daily Mail on 19:26 - Apr 15 with 1703 viewsStarsky

Daily Mail on 19:14 - Apr 15 by exiledclaseboy

Indeed.
I almost want to get rid of all the players & manager and start again... no cliques for at least 3 months into next season.

It's just the internet, init.

Daily Mail on 19:28 - Apr 15 with 1688 viewsDr_Winston

Daily Mail on 19:06 - Apr 15 by IAN05

Maybe. Wont happen though in my opinion. Both held in far too high a regard at the club for that, rightly or wrongly

Personal likes/dislikes shouldn't factor into the best thing for the club. If they are then that raises other questions.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Daily Mail on 19:29 - Apr 15 with 1681 viewsexiledclaseboy

Daily Mail on 19:25 - Apr 15 by Uxbridge

No. All I want is for the next four games to be over and that we stumble to safety because I'm now heartily sick of the whole sorry mess.

Ask me again tomorrow, I may have cheered up by then.

Daily Mail on 19:30 - Apr 15 with 1677 viewsUxbridge

Daily Mail on 19:26 - Apr 15 by shandyjack

one win will be enough

Yup reckon so. There's about an even money chance we already have enough points ... can't see the basseys getting 5 points or Norwich getting two.

Daily Mail on 19:31 - Apr 15 with 1669 viewsDrizzy

Daily Mail on 19:01 - Apr 15 by Dr_Winston

Or we could just shift the Spanish contingent as (aside from Pablo, Michu and Rangel) most of them are mediocre players, very replaceable and have been here two minutes?
[Post edited 15 Apr 2014 19:31]

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Daily Mail on 19:31 - Apr 15 with 1666 viewsUxbridge

Daily Mail on 19:29 - Apr 15 by exiledclaseboy

No. All I want is for the next four games to be over and that we stumble to safety because I'm now heartily sick of the whole sorry mess.

Well we're on the same page there.

Daily Mail on 19:31 - Apr 15 with 1666 viewsDr_Winston

Daily Mail on 19:29 - Apr 15 by exiledclaseboy

Do sorely want this season to be over now.

Problem is the summer's not looking likely to be tremendous fun as things stand.

Daily Mail on 19:34 - Apr 15 with 1642 viewsexiledclaseboy

Daily Mail on 19:30 - Apr 15 by Uxbridge

Yup reckon so. There's about an even money chance we already have enough points ... can't see the basseys getting 5 points or Norwich getting two.

Norwich play Liverpool on Sunday. Liverpool have won 10 straight games. They're due a defeat. A Norwich win to blow the title and relegation races wide open again is almost inevitable.

Whereas we go to Newcastle on Saturday. Newcastle are flat and haven't won at home for ages (I've no idea of the actual length of time). They've got nothing to play for but pride and to break a miserable run. If you want to break a run of some description invite Swansea City along. We usually oblige.

I've no idea who the Vermin and Fulham are playing but I bet they're both going to win too.

I am tweaking the nose of optimism tonight.

This post has been edited by an administrator

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024