Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Daily Mail 22:38 - Apr 14 with 31174 viewsIAN05

Looks like they have got hold of the training ground fight story.
Daily Mail on 12:57 - Apr 15 with 2287 viewsDarran

Daily Mail on 12:53 - Apr 15 by Jokeren1943

And you saw any critic of Monk as a betrayal of Swansea.

Why do everyone have to think alike - shite i thought this was a forum with a free debate.

I couldn't give a f*ck if Monk is criticised,I did say I was surprised he had the gig and I certainly don't want him getting it.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Daily Mail on 13:19 - Apr 15 with 2215 viewsWarwickHunt

Daily Mail on 12:18 - Apr 15 by IAN05

There is not a cat in hells chance that HJ takes any part in the 'Training'. We would have heard about it if he did. Plus, he wouldn't have had to sack Laudrup for a 'decline in standards' if he was controlling it.

The board here have had a great run in terms of goodwill from supporters over the years, but this constant search for things to hammer them for at the moment is ludicrous.

They get backing when they deserve it, they get stick when they f*ck up.
You can't dine out on the past forever.

They've f*cked up. Massively.
Daily Mail on 13:22 - Apr 15 with 2185 viewsLiberty

Ffs, even Radio 1 reporting the training ground bust up.

Someone at these training sessions who shouldn't be, this should all he in house but seem to be doing our dirty laundry in public.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Daily Mail on 13:30 - Apr 15 with 2139 viewsBaker

Daily Mail on 13:22 - Apr 15 by Liberty

Ffs, even Radio 1 reporting the training ground bust up.

Someone at these training sessions who shouldn't be, this should all he in house but seem to be doing our dirty laundry in public.

Must be a slow news day concerning all things Peppa Pig & One Direction

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

Daily Mail on 13:46 - Apr 15 with 2087 viewsMattG

I've played team sports (admittedly never at a very high level) but I know two things.

1. There will always be some friction between people in the group.

2. That friction becomes magnified when things aren't going well.

When you factor in the potential loss of income that relegation could bring, it's little wonder that there are flare-ups from time to time.

The key is that, when they do happen, they are dealt with and people move on. The indications, from what we saw against Chelsea and backed up by Huw's comments, are that this has happened.
Daily Mail on 13:47 - Apr 15 with 2086 viewsAngelRangelQS

Why do people continually bury their head in the sand?

There is no conspiracy against us and no agenda because nobody outside a few thousand in Swansea gives a f*ck.

This story is probably sensationalised, of course it is. Irrespective of this though, why are things being leaked to the press? Also, a bust up between two factions is different to scuffles caused by over enthusiasm in the tackle.

How people can't see that we've got issues at the moment, I really do not know.
Daily Mail on 13:49 - Apr 15 with 2069 viewsLeonisGod

Daily Mail on 10:24 - Apr 15 by QuakerJack

If Vasquez becomes isolated as a result of this then it could be a good thing... hopefully Ngog is in the spanish clique as well

It's all a load of b0llox though. It was obvious that the team worked their socks off for each other on Sunday. THAT'S the truth - not some rubbish written in a rag of a newspaper.
Daily Mail on 13:53 - Apr 15 with 2048 viewsAngelRangelQS

Daily Mail on 13:46 - Apr 15 by MattG

I've played team sports (admittedly never at a very high level) but I know two things.

1. There will always be some friction between people in the group.

2. That friction becomes magnified when things aren't going well.

When you factor in the potential loss of income that relegation could bring, it's little wonder that there are flare-ups from time to time.

The key is that, when they do happen, they are dealt with and people move on. The indications, from what we saw against Chelsea and backed up by Huw's comments, are that this has happened.

Let's be honest though, you'd think that the majority of the players who played any substantial part on Sunday would be in the same camp, if there is a divide.

I wouldn't expect anything less than 100% from the majority who played Sunday... Williams, Rangel, Leon, Davies, Dyer, Shelvey etc
Login to get fewer ads

Daily Mail on 14:00 - Apr 15 with 2021 viewsMattG

Daily Mail on 13:53 - Apr 15 by AngelRangelQS

Let's be honest though, you'd think that the majority of the players who played any substantial part on Sunday would be in the same camp, if there is a divide.

I wouldn't expect anything less than 100% from the majority who played Sunday... Williams, Rangel, Leon, Davies, Dyer, Shelvey etc

Not necessarily - lots of things can cause friction, be it personality, different expectations or whatever. I wouldn't expect everyone who plays for us to be the best of buddies 24/7 off the pitch and it doesn't surprise that, when the heat really is on, things get a bit edgy. There may be some questions as to how it's been managed but perhaps things weren't as bad as the Mail initially made out.

In terms of giving 100%, I would expect all of the players, as professionals, to do that regardless of what happens in training or elsewhere. My view is that the performance against Chelsea showed that this is happening.
Daily Mail on 14:06 - Apr 15 with 1986 viewsAngelRangelQS

Daily Mail on 14:00 - Apr 15 by MattG

Not necessarily - lots of things can cause friction, be it personality, different expectations or whatever. I wouldn't expect everyone who plays for us to be the best of buddies 24/7 off the pitch and it doesn't surprise that, when the heat really is on, things get a bit edgy. There may be some questions as to how it's been managed but perhaps things weren't as bad as the Mail initially made out.

In terms of giving 100%, I would expect all of the players, as professionals, to do that regardless of what happens in training or elsewhere. My view is that the performance against Chelsea showed that this is happening.

Just going off the DM reporting that it was over "work ethic"
Daily Mail on 14:24 - Apr 15 with 1951 viewsLeonisGod

Daily Mail on 14:06 - Apr 15 by AngelRangelQS

Just going off the DM reporting that it was over "work ethic"

That was just a typo. What the Daily Mail normally means in these situations is "work-shy ethnics"
Daily Mail on 14:36 - Apr 15 with 1919 viewsBaker

Daily Mail on 14:24 - Apr 15 by LeonisGod

That was just a typo. What the Daily Mail normally means in these situations is "work-shy ethnics"

The Mail are onto Monk & our senior British players big time!

It's just a matter of time before they do a sting on Monk, secretly filming him and Ash talking in some seedy Travelodge and running with the story... "Premier League Boss asks...Who do these foreigners think they are stealing our jobs?!?!"

This is just the tip of the iceberg people!

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

Daily Mail on 15:51 - Apr 15 with 1814 viewsVetchitBack

Good showing from IAN05 and some predictably ludicrous stuff from others.

I think blaming Monk for the Spanish clique (or friction emanating from it) demonstrates that posters are letting their contempt for him form a prism through which they see a skewed reality.

This is entirely of Laudrup's making. I would however agree with Warwick Hunt that we've arguably appointed the head of one of cliques. Just add that we've exchanged the head of one for the head of another. If YOU sign a significant amount Spaniards YOU make it work. But then if you're just going through the motions because your crook of an agent (even by agent's standards) got rumbled then...

Most of them will probably want to leave anyway pre-season and players know their stock falls significantly after a relegation so I still think we'll stay up.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2014 15:52]

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Daily Mail on 16:38 - Apr 15 with 1754 views3swan

Daily Mail on 15:51 - Apr 15 by VetchitBack

I think blaming Monk for the Spanish clique (or friction emanating from it) demonstrates that posters are letting their contempt for him form a prism through which they see a skewed reality.

This is entirely of Laudrup's making. I would however agree with Warwick Hunt that we've arguably appointed the head of one of cliques. Just add that we've exchanged the head of one for the head of another. If YOU sign a significant amount Spaniards YOU make it work. But then if you're just going through the motions because your crook of an agent (even by agent's standards) got rumbled then...

Most of them will probably want to leave anyway pre-season and players know their stock falls significantly after a relegation so I still think we'll stay up.

Agree

IMO there has been a growing split from day one, it's called human nature. As others have said while things are going well then it's papered over, but in bad times it comes to a head.

Massive 4 games and a massive summer that will affect the long term future of the club.
Daily Mail on 16:47 - Apr 15 with 1724 viewscoolair

Daily Mail on 22:49 - Apr 14 by Darran

Exactly.

Do you people live in a different part of the world from the rest of us. Why is there no way Bony makes 58000 £ a week.

He turned down Dortmund to go to Swansea. You believe it was because of the bloody nature or the fantastic night life ?. He turned down a club that just lost the CL finale and was sure to play there again.

50.000 £ that is what Bendtner gets in Arsenal
Daily Mail on 17:00 - Apr 15 with 1681 viewsDarran

Daily Mail on 16:47 - Apr 15 by coolair

Do you people live in a different part of the world from the rest of us. Why is there no way Bony makes 58000 £ a week.

He turned down Dortmund to go to Swansea. You believe it was because of the bloody nature or the fantastic night life ?. He turned down a club that just lost the CL finale and was sure to play there again.

He's not on £58k a week.

Daily Mail on 17:01 - Apr 15 with 1679 viewsMolliemick

Daily Mail on 16:47 - Apr 15 by coolair

Have you a link to Bony turning down Dortmund to come to Swansea? Thanks
Daily Mail on 17:02 - Apr 15 with 1670 viewsUxbridge

Daily Mail on 15:51 - Apr 15 by VetchitBack

So the club captain during Laudrup's tenure bears no responsibility? And the inability to heal said rifts in last 2 1/2 months.

Laudrup's got to take more than a fair share of the blame but there's enough to pass around.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Daily Mail on 17:03 - Apr 15 with 1667 viewsUxbridge

Daily Mail on 17:01 - Apr 15 by Molliemick

They signed Aubameyang (sp?), They weren't after anyone else.

Here you go on 17:14 - Apr 15 with 1633 viewscoolair

Daily Mail on 17:01 - Apr 15 by Molliemick

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/02/08/wilfried-bony-considers-swansea-future/

"Bony insists that he had options to join much bigger clubs when deciding where to play, and claims that the opportunity to work with the Danish legend was too good to turn down.

A number of European sides have continued to monitor his progress this season, including Borussia Dortmund, who are keen to find a replacement for the Bayern Munich bound Robert Lewandowski, and Bony is said to be contemplating a swift exit at the end of the campaign."
Daily Mail on 17:14 - Apr 15 with 1631 viewsIAN05

Daily Mail on 17:02 - Apr 15 by Uxbridge

So the club captain during Laudrup's tenure bears no responsibility? And the inability to heal said rifts in last 2 1/2 months.

Laudrup's got to take more than a fair share of the blame but there's enough to pass around.

Everyone needs to take some blame. We don't know all the facts about what goes on daily, but there has to be a reason why Laudrup was dismissed. Also, Monk has alot of non playing staff in his corner at the club. I'm not convinced that would be happen of he was an instigator of trouble.

I don't believe that Monk should be our manager in the summer but would like him here on some capacity. He is very well thought of amongst club staff who deal with him on a daily basis and they, after all are the ones that know the in's and out's of what goes on.
Here you go on 17:18 - Apr 15 with 1624 viewsDarran

Here you go on 17:14 - Apr 15 by coolair

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/02/08/wilfried-bony-considers-swansea-future/

"Bony insists that he had options to join much bigger clubs when deciding where to play, and claims that the opportunity to work with the Danish legend was too good to turn down.

A number of European sides have continued to monitor his progress this season, including Borussia Dortmund, who are keen to find a replacement for the Bayern Munich bound Robert Lewandowski, and Bony is said to be contemplating a swift exit at the end of the campaign."

He asked for a link to where he turned down Dortmund last summer not what he might do this summer FFS.

Daily Mail on 17:24 - Apr 15 with 1612 viewsUxbridge

Daily Mail on 17:14 - Apr 15 by IAN05

Everyone needs to take some blame. We don't know all the facts about what goes on daily, but there has to be a reason why Laudrup was dismissed. Also, Monk has alot of non playing staff in his corner at the club. I'm not convinced that would be happen of he was an instigator of trouble.

I don't believe that Monk should be our manager in the summer but would like him here on some capacity. He is very well thought of amongst club staff who deal with him on a daily basis and they, after all are the ones that know the in's and out's of what goes on.

Class bullies tend to be popular as well. It's hardly a defence. Not that I think he is of course, but the fact some people stayed close to him doesn't make him whiter than white.

You're right, nobody knows the ins and outs apart from those involved. My point is just that if we brush this under the carpet as simply a case of Laudrup not sorting the issue then it's completely missing the point. If Jenkins is on the training ground every day then he should have spotted this and had a word. If Monk saw that his team was split down the middle then as club captain he should be doing something about that. Ditto Williams actually. Hell, so should the other players particularly the likes of Rangel. This is all assuming there is some massive split of course, and this hasn't been blown ridiculously out of proportion.

Clearly there's a rebalancing act to take place in the summer, both in terms of the playing staff and coaching. As for Monk's future, that'll depend for me on how his role this season is viewed and whether the club could accommodate him next season .

Here you go on 17:25 - Apr 15 with 1602 viewsMolliemick

Here you go on 17:18 - Apr 15 by Darran

He asked for a link to where he turned down Dortmund last summer not what he might do this summer FFS.

It is okay, Darren, he made it up and has been exposed by his own link. Too thick to think, shame really!
Here you go on 17:26 - Apr 15 with 1594 viewsDarran

Here you go on 17:25 - Apr 15 by Molliemick

It is okay, Darren, he made it up and has been exposed by his own link. Too thick to think, shame really!

Dane see.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024