Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Daily Mail 22:38 - Apr 14 with 30394 viewsIAN05

Looks like they have got hold of the training ground fight story.
Daily Mail on 10:16 - Apr 15 with 2607 viewsIAN05

Daily Mail on 10:08 - Apr 15 by Spratty

If the inside information is to be believed (backed up by their own comments and observable behaviour) It is because our Captains thought they should be running the place and our Chairman choose to put the dissenters in charge.

The laws of physics could have predicted the outcome from such a scenario.

I'm yet to read any comment stating that splits were caused by Monk and Williams. Everything I have read has been the press pointing towards a split caused by Spanish players being allowed to form cliques at the training ground and socially. I have no idea if that is true, but that is what was reported.
Daily Mail on 10:18 - Apr 15 with 2591 viewsUxbridge

Daily Mail on 10:16 - Apr 15 by IAN05

I'm yet to read any comment stating that splits were caused by Monk and Williams. Everything I have read has been the press pointing towards a split caused by Spanish players being allowed to form cliques at the training ground and socially. I have no idea if that is true, but that is what was reported.

Clique's work both ways. Should have been sorted earlier, by management and players.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Daily Mail on 10:20 - Apr 15 with 2583 viewsDrizzle

This all happened under Sousa as well didn't it. If Leicester hadn't come in who knows what would have happened.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2014 10:21]
Daily Mail on 10:21 - Apr 15 with 2576 viewsCottsy

Daily Mail on 00:33 - Apr 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I'm not saying I believe what you have said, but everytime Williams and Vasquez are on the pitch together, Williams noticeably screams at Vasquez constantly.

To be fair I think everyone screams constantly at Vazquez whenever he's on the pitch.

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

Daily Mail on 10:24 - Apr 15 with 2562 viewsIAN05

Daily Mail on 10:18 - Apr 15 by Uxbridge

Clique's work both ways. Should have been sorted earlier, by management and players.

No argument there from me, was purely responding to Sprattys comment that comments backed up that Monk Williams caused split, whereas the media have chosen to blame the Spaniards.

A large part of problems we are seeing are down as much to Laudrup as anyone else. It was his job to prevent these kind of cliques appearing.
Daily Mail on 10:24 - Apr 15 with 2555 viewsQuakerJack

Daily Mail on 10:21 - Apr 15 by Cottsy

To be fair I think everyone screams constantly at Vazquez whenever he's on the pitch.

If Vasquez becomes isolated as a result of this then it could be a good thing... hopefully Ngog is in the spanish clique as well

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Daily Mail on 10:25 - Apr 15 with 2543 viewsDarran

Daily Mail on 10:24 - Apr 15 by IAN05

No argument there from me, was purely responding to Sprattys comment that comments backed up that Monk Williams caused split, whereas the media have chosen to blame the Spaniards.

A large part of problems we are seeing are down as much to Laudrup as anyone else. It was his job to prevent these kind of cliques appearing.

Ian seriously Sprattys got an agenda.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Daily Mail on 10:30 - Apr 15 with 2517 viewsDarran

“Yes, there were a couple of incidents between certain players, which the club does not condone yet understands. They were quickly dealt with and everyone moved on.

“We are in a difficult position in the league and everyone wants to secure top-flight status for the club as soon as possible.

“There are a lot of winners within the squad and they want to finish the job. You only have to look at the commitment and effort they put in against Chelsea on Sunday with just 10 men to see that.

"It certainly looked like a team that was fighting for each other rather than against each other - as is being suggested in some quarters."

Obviously everyone will run with the Mail article though.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-play-reports-training-groun

Login to get fewer ads

Daily Mail on 10:31 - Apr 15 with 2509 viewsmagicdaps10

Problem here is that a lot of the players have belived the hype at the beginning of last year and have over inflated ego's.

Laudrup by the sounds of it did not help this situation and didn't put his foot down on things as I would have imagined Rodgers or Martinez would have.

Think Laudrup has created a lot of problems within the camp by simply being to relaxed and has now left a big job for the board and new management team to sort out.

Think a cull from the squad of certain players whether we like it or not is very much needed.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Daily Mail on 11:08 - Apr 15 with 2419 viewsSpratty

Daily Mail on 10:25 - Apr 15 by Darran

Ian seriously Sprattys got an agenda.

As follows:

Hate unfairness and lies

Hate treachery

Want a qualified and experienced manager in charge of our club - who is given the full support of the board
Daily Mail on 11:31 - Apr 15 with 2345 viewsDarran

Daily Mail on 11:08 - Apr 15 by Spratty

As follows:

Hate unfairness and lies

Hate treachery

Want a qualified and experienced manager in charge of our club - who is given the full support of the board

We could have the most qualified experienced manager in charge and after you'd be exactly the same because of your beloved Michael.
People only have to look back through your posts to see your agenda.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Daily Mail on 11:38 - Apr 15 with 2321 viewsMusical_Swan

Daily Mail on 10:30 - Apr 15 by Darran

“Yes, there were a couple of incidents between certain players, which the club does not condone yet understands. They were quickly dealt with and everyone moved on.

“We are in a difficult position in the league and everyone wants to secure top-flight status for the club as soon as possible.

“There are a lot of winners within the squad and they want to finish the job. You only have to look at the commitment and effort they put in against Chelsea on Sunday with just 10 men to see that.

"It certainly looked like a team that was fighting for each other rather than against each other - as is being suggested in some quarters."

Obviously everyone will run with the Mail article though.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-play-reports-training-groun

This! Game over.

Huw Jenkins... Nuff said!
Poll: On the whole, are the board doing a good job with our club?

Daily Mail on 11:45 - Apr 15 with 2296 viewsWarwickHunt

Daily Mail on 09:35 - Apr 15 by IAN05

He has an office at the Training ground.

He watches some sessions as a result. You can criticise this board for many things but watching Training is not one of them.

Huge difference between watching training and being "on the training ground" and "helping with first team matters*"

*Monk's words.
Daily Mail on 11:49 - Apr 15 with 2273 viewsUxbridge

Daily Mail on 11:45 - Apr 15 by WarwickHunt

Huge difference between watching training and being "on the training ground" and "helping with first team matters*"

*Monk's words.

Rather depends what he's doing. If he's actively involved in training sessions I'd agree that's inappropriate. if he's talking to players directly then I'd also agree (unless it's contract related or some such). If it's to ensure everything is under control then I'd say that's entirely appropriate.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Daily Mail on 12:18 - Apr 15 with 2189 viewsIAN05

Daily Mail on 11:45 - Apr 15 by WarwickHunt

*Monk's words.

There is not a cat in hells chance that HJ takes any part in the 'Training'. We would have heard about it if he did. Plus, he wouldn't have had to sack Laudrup for a 'decline in standards' if he was controlling it.

The board here have had a great run in terms of goodwill from supporters over the years, but this constant search for things to hammer them for at the moment is ludicrous.
Daily Mail on 12:19 - Apr 15 with 2181 viewsSpratty

Daily Mail on 10:16 - Apr 15 by IAN05

And who was speaking to the press?

Ash has made clear comments about the role of him and Monk in "saving the club". Their attitude towards ML has been evident in many many snidey remarks since.

It was reported via an insider on the day that Huw's dramatic "rethink" was caused by players refusing to work with Laudrup. If correct unlikely it was the Spanish players.

When Laudrup was gone and Monk was asked on TV about being Laudrup's no. 2 he said very confidently and half laughing "never going to happen, never going to happen"

My guess Laudrup had a more laid back style (this does not mean could not be assed) he probably gave players more freedom within limits as thought this more productive (whatever, worked well last year). Monk and Ash took exception to this because is was not the way they thought it should be done and started trying to impose their will as the old guard and not happy at losing power. A poor relationship between Huw and ML and Huw undoubtedly using the senior players for intel - gave them the perfect opportunity to pursue their own agenda. ML not particularly wanting Monk on his management team and previously seeming to want to offload Ash (regardless of the strength of his play) tells its own story.
Daily Mail on 12:35 - Apr 15 with 2146 viewsIAN05

Daily Mail on 12:19 - Apr 15 by Spratty

Ash has made clear comments about the role of him and Monk in "saving the club". Their attitude towards ML has been evident in many many snidey remarks since.

It was reported via an insider on the day that Huw's dramatic "rethink" was caused by players refusing to work with Laudrup. If correct unlikely it was the Spanish players.

When Laudrup was gone and Monk was asked on TV about being Laudrup's no. 2 he said very confidently and half laughing "never going to happen, never going to happen"

My guess Laudrup had a more laid back style (this does not mean could not be assed) he probably gave players more freedom within limits as thought this more productive (whatever, worked well last year). Monk and Ash took exception to this because is was not the way they thought it should be done and started trying to impose their will as the old guard and not happy at losing power. A poor relationship between Huw and ML and Huw undoubtedly using the senior players for intel - gave them the perfect opportunity to pursue their own agenda. ML not particularly wanting Monk on his management team and previously seeming to want to offload Ash (regardless of the strength of his play) tells its own story.

Ah, your guess !!!

Your Monk and Williams get rid of Laudrup story would be funny if it wasn't so ridiculous. Directors know exactly what happens at clubs on a daily basis. There is no way premiership status and potential multi million pound law suits would be risked because of a personal vendetta by two players.

There is thinking that Laudrup did a decent job and then there is blindly refusing to accept the problems that were plain to see and widely reported. The local media are always well versed on the day to day running of the club. Why do you think they are pretty unanimous in their opinion that Laudrup had to go ?
Daily Mail on 12:36 - Apr 15 with 2139 viewsQuakerJack

Daily Mail on 12:19 - Apr 15 by Spratty

he also wanted to offload Monk when he first got the job... I don't think things were right under Laudrup from day one, which is comforting because we won a cup under him so we can certainly stay in the league

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Daily Mail on 12:39 - Apr 15 with 2124 viewsLiberty

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-training-ground-clashes-cha

Thats cleared that up, no punches, no brawl , no crisps and Bony not on 58k a week.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Daily Mail on 12:41 - Apr 15 with 2121 viewsQuakerJack

Daily Mail on 12:39 - Apr 15 by Liberty

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-training-ground-clashes-cha

Thats cleared that up, no punches, no brawl , no crisps and Bony not on 58k a week.

Of course they weren't eating crisps, they were all on the coco pops mun

Daily Mail on 12:49 - Apr 15 with 2090 viewsPrivate_Partz

I know there is a school of thought that the club should not respond to press speculation. I think it should be nipped in the bud and congrats go to Huw for doing this. This is despite my serious concerns about the way he and the board have acted in recent months. Credit where credit is due as far as I am concerned. We now need to stick together now and support the club to the hilt and hope the damage caused does not result in us losing our Premiership status.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Daily Mail on 12:52 - Apr 15 with 2073 viewsIAN05

Daily Mail on 12:36 - Apr 15 by QuakerJack

he also wanted to offload Monk when he first got the job... I don't think things were right under Laudrup from day one, which is comforting because we won a cup under him so we can certainly stay in the league

His approach was so far removed from that of Rodgers, the club should probably have considered there would be some issues with existing players. Rodgers was by many players comments, the best man manager they had worked with. Laudrup seemed to have very little time for players and would not spend time explaining things to them in the way that is the norm in British football. If succesfull, players will forgive you for that, but as soon as you start to struggle, players need more communication and they become less forgiving if it doesn't happen.
Daily Mail on 12:53 - Apr 15 with 2064 viewsJokeren1943

Daily Mail on 11:31 - Apr 15 by Darran

We could have the most qualified experienced manager in charge and after you'd be exactly the same because of your beloved Michael.
People only have to look back through your posts to see your agenda.

This post has been edited by an administrator

And you saw any critic of Monk as a betrayal of Swansea.

Why do everyone have to think alike - shite i thought this was a forum with a free debate.
Daily Mail on 12:56 - Apr 15 with 2048 viewsSpratty

Daily Mail on 12:35 - Apr 15 by IAN05

Ah, your guess !!!

Your Monk and Williams get rid of Laudrup story would be funny if it wasn't so ridiculous. Directors know exactly what happens at clubs on a daily basis. There is no way premiership status and potential multi million pound law suits would be risked because of a personal vendetta by two players.

There is thinking that Laudrup did a decent job and then there is blindly refusing to accept the problems that were plain to see and widely reported. The local media are always well versed on the day to day running of the club. Why do you think they are pretty unanimous in their opinion that Laudrup had to go ?

My guess at the precise scenario - and deliberately marked up as such. So do not try to imply that what I post is guesswork as that is far from the truth and is why I deliberately put my guess on that paragraph.

Certainly don't seem to know what's going on in the ticket office and the one who does is talking absolute proven bollox so that theory blown. Many on here think the club is not well run in a number of aspects especially for a PL club. I think therefore your statement is a bit naieve.

"There is no way premiership status and potential multi million pound law suits would be risked" - yea you would like to think so - unbelievable isn't it

Also as described it is well beyong a personal vendetta by a couple of players, it is a power play between the 2 Captains with much to gain and a manager who wants to run the team without interference as he stated from the start. It is an unresolved poor relationship between the Chairman and the manager that has allowed things to come to this.

Who teaches the press their verses and why is Wathan so stubbornly pro the Board / Monk that he took out the compliments Vorm had made to Laudrup in his version of the story?

No doubt there were problems. The question is who caused them and why were they not resolved soooner?
Daily Mail on 12:57 - Apr 15 with 2042 viewsQuakerJack

Daily Mail on 12:39 - Apr 15 by Liberty

I like how the scum paper, the Western Fail, puts a negative slant on it, so we've "admitted it" rather than "played it down"... they'll be willing this to send us down ahead of the scum... you know for a fact that it'll be a joyous day if we go and they survive but a black day if it's the other way around

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-fights-sw

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024