Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gylfi and Gomis..... 16:56 - Jun 22 with 27464 viewsItchySphincter

If true, could be the end for Michu and Bony.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 23:05 - Jun 22 with 2735 viewsGlyn1

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 19:59 - Jun 22 by icecoldjack

Gomis as a replacement for Bony = not good.

Gomis as a back up to Bony = top marks to the board for showing ambition.

He scored 17 goals this season in the French league, a good record but hardly earth shattering, would be a good player along side Bony but not as a replacement IMO.

I suspect that the board will back their decision to give Monk the job by backing him with some silly money in the transfer market, Gomis would sound about right to me in that respect,same with fabianski.

IMO if we want to stay up we need to keep the likes of Bony and Michu (if fit ) sooner rather than later a big transfer gamble is gonna bite us on the arse, better the devil you know in this league .

Anyway, what ever happens happens, see what we put out on the field when the transfer window closes init .

I can't see Gomis going to any club where he's not going to be the main striker. If he does come, then it means that Bony is going, unfortunately.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 23:09 - Jun 22 with 2715 viewsJackoBoostardo

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 23:05 - Jun 22 by Glyn1

I can't see Gomis going to any club where he's not going to be the main striker. If he does come, then it means that Bony is going, unfortunately.

Or we're planning on a dual striker formation from now on?

A regular 4-4-2 maybe?

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 23:22 - Jun 22 with 2678 viewsGeoffThom

It's the African cup of nations next year were going to lose bony for the tournament we need good cover we can't hope to just survive on Donnelly ora kid who's no experience we need at least two good strikers maybe three anyway
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 23:24 - Jun 22 with 2660 viewsDarran

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 23:22 - Jun 22 by GeoffThom

It's the African cup of nations next year were going to lose bony for the tournament we need good cover we can't hope to just survive on Donnelly ora kid who's no experience we need at least two good strikers maybe three anyway

Good post Geoff.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 23:29 - Jun 22 with 2643 viewsperchrockjack

Someone explain the obsession with how much the players are on.small time thinking.pitiful.if Jenkins reckons we can afford it then fine.if he does the business job done.we don't need cheap crap players or even loan players that don't cost much

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 23:53 - Jun 22 with 2557 viewsSwansea93

With the money we earned last season and with some players gone e.g Lita,Vasquez,De Guzman etc I dont think covering Gomis wages will be a problem at all, its all papertalk about the 75k a week wages rumours.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 23:55 - Jun 22 with 2547 viewsJackoBoostardo

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 23:53 - Jun 22 by Swansea93

With the money we earned last season and with some players gone e.g Lita,Vasquez,De Guzman etc I dont think covering Gomis wages will be a problem at all, its all papertalk about the 75k a week wages rumours.

Would personally like to see De Guzman given a contract too!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 00:02 - Jun 23 with 2528 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 23:55 - Jun 22 by JackoBoostardo

Would personally like to see De Guzman given a contract too!

Bloody hell! If we go down that route we'll have a squad of 23 midfielders

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 00:07 - Jun 23 with 2510 viewsJackoBoostardo

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 00:02 - Jun 23 by Brynmill_Jack

Bloody hell! If we go down that route we'll have a squad of 23 midfielders

Well, that's it see. What we like and what we get are on two separate sides of the page. Ultimately it's up to Huw and Co....

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 03:34 - Jun 23 with 2391 viewsItchySphincter

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 22:04 - Jun 22 by Oldjack

It's hotting up , http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/bafetimbi-gomis-chooses-ambitious-swans

..nudge nudge, wink wink....look no further Alan, I wouldn't lead you down the garden path........

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 04:18 - Jun 23 with 2380 viewsCatullus

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 19:59 - Jun 22 by icecoldjack

Gomis as a replacement for Bony = not good.

Gomis as a back up to Bony = top marks to the board for showing ambition.

He scored 17 goals this season in the French league, a good record but hardly earth shattering, would be a good player along side Bony but not as a replacement IMO.

I suspect that the board will back their decision to give Monk the job by backing him with some silly money in the transfer market, Gomis would sound about right to me in that respect,same with fabianski.

IMO if we want to stay up we need to keep the likes of Bony and Michu (if fit ) sooner rather than later a big transfer gamble is gonna bite us on the arse, better the devil you know in this league .

Anyway, what ever happens happens, see what we put out on the field when the transfer window closes init .

14 goals in 33 games, that's pretty good really, isn't it?
If we got Gomis and Gylfi, I'd be happy enough if we got the rumoured 6 million for Michu.
I don't see Spurs selling though. Or us paying both their wages.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 08:03 - Jun 23 with 2239 viewswaynekerr55

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 23:09 - Jun 22 by JackoBoostardo

Or we're planning on a dual striker formation from now on?

A regular 4-4-2 maybe?

A regular 442 goes against all of our strengths and would see us bang in trouble. IMO of course

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 08:13 - Jun 23 with 2206 viewsraynor94

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 21:18 - Jun 22 by Drizzy

There is absolutely no chance that we sign Gomis. He's demanding wages that will far exceed our current wage structure and will not play second fiddle to Bony.

Gylfi is an interesting proposition and one that depends on the long-term health of Michu. I'd rather spend the money on a more versatile option like de Guzman if Michu is fully fit for next season.

Never say never drizz, looks like he's on his way

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 08:47 - Jun 23 with 2133 viewsKennedy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2665234/Swansea-looking-sign-B

Now why would Michu go to bloody Stoke

Just call me JFK

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 09:09 - Jun 23 with 2086 viewsSwansNZ

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 08:47 - Jun 23 by Kennedy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2665234/Swansea-looking-sign-B

Now why would Michu go to bloody Stoke

Because he loves their footballing philosophy?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 09:30 - Jun 23 with 2043 viewspremierjack

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 08:03 - Jun 23 by waynekerr55

A regular 442 goes against all of our strengths and would see us bang in trouble. IMO of course

100% agree!!!
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 10:16 - Jun 23 with 1913 viewsJackoBoostardo

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 08:03 - Jun 23 by waynekerr55

Not saying it as fact - but who's to say we won't be playing a fixed two striker position from now on?

I think if anything this would be a rotational role as we'd only have two strikers (unless there's more in the pipeline of course). This is interesting.... I'm curious to see how this will pan out.

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 10:22 - Jun 23 with 1890 viewsJackSomething

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 22:25 - Jun 22 by Phil_S

Did anyone actually claim that it was? However, the beauty of the way we work here means that there are various measures in place to ensure that we don't just fritter away everything that we have on players which will come back and haunt us.

League One it may not be but that doesnt necessarily follow that we will start paying more and more salaries each year

Interesting that no-one on this thread has mentioned wages as a percentage of turnover. Although I have no inside knowledge of the club at all, I would imagine it's something that the club keep an eye on. I seem to remember the percentage grew significantly with the last set of accounts, despite our prudent ways.

It's all very well saying 'we're not league one any more' and the rest, but I would imagine there's a level we're willing to go to and that's that.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 10:23 - Jun 23 with 1886 viewsDrizzy

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 08:13 - Jun 23 by raynor94

Never say never drizz, looks like he's on his way

I really hope not. He's not worth the kind of money he's asking for and he's declining. Not a Swansea signing.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 10:24 - Jun 23 with 1884 viewsJackSomething

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 22:35 - Jun 22 by Drizzy

There's strength in depth and then there's overpaying for average players.

Gomis is not really that good. He's regressed in recent years and never lived up to his potential. He's not the kind of signing that has made us successful.

Castaignos has lots of potential, he's raw and not as good as Gomis, but it's clear he can be a much more valuable asset if he's in the right environment.

He certainly doesn't seem like a typical Swansea signing. At 29, he's not going to have a lot of resale value. He may be a free transfer, but likely the signing-on fee and wages involved will go a long way to negate saving on a transfer fee.

As you say, a player like Castaignos (or that Ajax striker we were linked with) seems more like a Swansea City signing.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 10:31 - Jun 23 with 1866 viewsswanseacityfan

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 10:23 - Jun 23 by Drizzy

I really hope not. He's not worth the kind of money he's asking for and he's declining. Not a Swansea signing.

Declining? Who are Swansea City players? Schecter? Vasquez?

He's 28 years old and scored 22 goals in all competitions last season. He is one of the best free agent strikers that will be available for a long time and is a french international (albeit not currently).

If we sign him it's because we can afford him and if that happens, it'll be a fantastic coup. Just like Fabianski, these top top players who are on a free transfers, can go to any club they they want to, to even be linked to them is something, let alone actually signing them.

Fabianski and Gomis on a free? Yes please.

"Na na na na na na na na na, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Sigurdsson, Gylfi Sigurdsson"

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 10:42 - Jun 23 with 1822 viewsParlay

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 10:31 - Jun 23 by swanseacityfan

He's 28 years old and scored 22 goals in all competitions last season. He is one of the best free agent strikers that will be available for a long time and is a french international (albeit not currently).

If we sign him it's because we can afford him and if that happens, it'll be a fantastic coup. Just like Fabianski, these top top players who are on a free transfers, can go to any club they they want to, to even be linked to them is something, let alone actually signing them.

Yep indeedy.

Different level to castaignos and probably cheaper overall.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 10:47 - Jun 23 with 1802 viewsicecoldjack

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 04:18 - Jun 23 by Catullus

14 goals in 33 games, that's pretty good really, isn't it?
If we got Gomis and Gylfi, I'd be happy enough if we got the rumoured 6 million for Michu.
I don't see Spurs selling though. Or us paying both their wages.

Im not sure it is actually. Looking at how prolific some strikers Are in the dutch and french league and what they Get in the prem league i would stick by my assesment that his RE ord isnt earth shattering, least not if he is asking 75k a week .

I Think he is a good player,at least on the limited footage ive seen, but i dont Think he could be confident of being a number one in quite a few premier league teams with that record.

If we sign gylfi then i suspect JDG , canas,poz and michu Will not be here NeXT season .

Gomis and gylfi Are the level of players we should be looking at so well done to the board for looking up instead of down..if the paper talk Is correct.
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 10:48 - Jun 23 with 1798 viewsDrizzy

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 10:31 - Jun 23 by swanseacityfan

No. I don't know how disliking the potential Gomis signing is suddenly a massive vote of confidence in Shechter and Vazquez.

Yeah he's a good enough striker but we can't be chucking him massive amounts of money cos he's a big name and cos "it's a coup, innit". The issue isn't whether we can afford it or not, of course we can, the issue is destroying our wage structure for a player who isn't likely to start that many games this season. That then sets the precedent for the team and it will give that slimy c*nt Moralee leverage to hold to the club to ransom when negotiating with Ash.

I'm all for bringing in another couple of strikers as depth behind Bony but not Gomis. I want a player like Castaignos who's raw and has bags of potential. Not to mention Gomis isn't quick either, the main knock on Bony is his lack of pace, why spend so much on someone who doesn't offer that much different?

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 10:56 - Jun 23 with 1766 viewsswanseacityfan

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 10:48 - Jun 23 by Drizzy

No. I don't know how disliking the potential Gomis signing is suddenly a massive vote of confidence in Shechter and Vazquez.

Yeah he's a good enough striker but we can't be chucking him massive amounts of money cos he's a big name and cos "it's a coup, innit". The issue isn't whether we can afford it or not, of course we can, the issue is destroying our wage structure for a player who isn't likely to start that many games this season. That then sets the precedent for the team and it will give that slimy c*nt Moralee leverage to hold to the club to ransom when negotiating with Ash.

I'm all for bringing in another couple of strikers as depth behind Bony but not Gomis. I want a player like Castaignos who's raw and has bags of potential. Not to mention Gomis isn't quick either, the main knock on Bony is his lack of pace, why spend so much on someone who doesn't offer that much different?

If Gomis's wage demands is out of our price range, then he will not be signing for us. I am not worried about that at all.

Vasquez has huge potential (despite his poor season here) and might even make it in the future. Castaignos is another one who will probably not be ready to step into premier league football straight away. Gomis should be ready to step in when called upon. We are at the stage now where we need a striker ready for first team football, not someone who is raw and has potential. £7 Million trasnfer fee plus big wages for the latter is more of a risk than signing a player like Gomis on a free IMO.

Bony plays to our strengths and vice versa and we can't rely on Bony to play every game, especially with the ACN coming up. He'll be away for the qualifiers, friendlies and the tournament. If Gomis is similar to Bony, then great because that means he'll slot straight in the team with WIlf isn't around.

I can't see a single fault with this potential signing because i'm pretty sure our wage budget will not be broken for anyone.

"Na na na na na na na na na, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Sigurdsson, Gylfi Sigurdsson"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024