Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? 18:12 - Aug 9 with 59584 views_

First things first, this is very much purposefully an over-reacting post.

Secondly and perhaps the most important thing. Monk needs to cut out this air of arrogance he's coming across with. The way he talked about getting back to the Swansea way and pretty much disrespecting Laudrup in the process is starting to make him look a bit silly, naive and out of his depth.

WTF is this 442 nonsense? WTF is Gylfi doing out on the right, but not just for half hour when it was clear to everyone it wasn't working, but no, for the whole game?

It's a bit much to expect a lot from Garry though, you know, a player without Premier League management experience and as it goes without any Premier League playing experience. The arrogance of the Board in appointing him is not just risky, it's pretty baffling really.

We've got one week to sort things out, there's an awful lot to do in that time coming off the back of the only friendly game I can ever remember where the team was boo'd off... And in fairness they deserved to be, or at least Monk did.

Pick the bones out of that.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 23:29 - Aug 9 with 2348 viewsDarran

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 23:28 - Aug 9 by PedroJack

We've lost our passing game, we've lost our Swans identify from the last few years. The lump it up to the strikers who have no support tactic doesn't work. Not just another football club hey!

That's mental 😂

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 23:33 - Aug 9 with 2334 viewsPedroJack

You're mental you deluded plum
WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 23:37 - Aug 9 with 2324 viewsSwanseajill

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 23:12 - Aug 9 by RuDeMan1970

The exact same thing happened to me. I'd made my way down to the concourse, waited for the final whistle and turned to leave (without applauding) when I heard a fairly loud chorus of booing from above me in the centre of the east stand. I didn't like hearing it but understood the frustrations. That had to be the poorest performance from a Swans team in a long time. GM made himself no friends today, playing a hopeless 4-4-2 formation, wasting Gylfi on the wing and with the team looking dejected once the second goal went in. We looked completely overrun in midfield with no width whatsoever on the right flank and practically no decent attempts on goal. I will give Villareal credit but felt that they were no better than a top ten PL side. We are going to have to improve massively once the season starts, starting by reverting to our usual formation and adding to our personnel. If this does not happen and (perish the bloody thought) Bony leaves...it'll be one helluva difficult season for us.

I don't disagree with you about the game, but there was no booing in the West stand.

A friendly against a very good team should have lifted the players to show us what they can deliver.

I saw a team seemingly unable to get off the starting grid, lookingafraid of picking up injuries, very static off the ball whereas VIllareal were covering every inch of the pitch.
The opposition when taking goal shots with pace and accuracy, where our attempts had little pace about them, and I thought Ki looked lost for much of the 90min.
I'm going to try and blank that game out, let's start playing properly..and stop messing about!!
WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 23:43 - Aug 9 with 2307 viewsPedroJack

Villareal played today like we used too. Nice flowing passing football. We just lumped it up to the strikers
WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 23:53 - Aug 9 with 2283 viewsDarran

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 23:33 - Aug 9 by PedroJack

You're mental you deluded plum

One game? One f*cking shit game?
Nah I'm not and if we haven't got a few points on the board by the end of August I'll be the first to say so.

A f^cking pre-season friendly.

This post has been edited by an administrator

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 00:14 - Aug 10 with 2210 viewsAnotherJohn

We should not read too much into one game, but apart from th Reading match we haven't looked good. My worry all along has been too much change too soon and a puzzling willingness to ditch proven BLP players for promising newcomers with no track record. The defence now looks very weak and I'd say we need a CH and FB. As others have said, we could do with a DMF. However I've always believed.that we also need an alternate for Gylfi at AMF for when he is off the boil (which happened quite a lot at Spurs). At this juncture there is a lot to do in a short time. If we lose Wilf I'd say we are in a pickle.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2014 0:26]
WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 00:17 - Aug 10 with 2205 viewsC_jack

Will be placing my insurance bet on us to be relegated shortly, while the odds are favourable.

£50 @ 5/1

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 00:28 - Aug 10 with 2184 viewsNeathJack

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 23:53 - Aug 9 by Darran

One game? One f*cking shit game?
Nah I'm not and if we haven't got a few points on the board by the end of August I'll be the first to say so.

A f^cking pre-season friendly.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Innit.

I fcuking despair with people on times.
Login to get fewer ads

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 00:33 - Aug 10 with 2174 viewsNeiltheTaylor

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 00:28 - Aug 10 by NeathJack

Innit.

I fcuking despair with people on times.

At some point we have to go with what we got and back the team. At the moment it looks like we're in trouble both with bodies and confidence. If you're happy with what you see then fair play, but it doesn't look good to me and I want to see some action on it before it's too late. I despair of the complacency that seems to have set in that some supporters seem happy to adopt.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 00:53 - Aug 10 with 2143 viewsNeathJack

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 00:33 - Aug 10 by NeiltheTaylor

At some point we have to go with what we got and back the team. At the moment it looks like we're in trouble both with bodies and confidence. If you're happy with what you see then fair play, but it doesn't look good to me and I want to see some action on it before it's too late. I despair of the complacency that seems to have set in that some supporters seem happy to adopt.

The club have openly stated that 3-4 more will be coming in.

Today's formation and lack of options to change it was dictated to by the loss of both Routledge & Dyer.

You've got Leon, Routs, Dyer, New CB, New winger, New CM to add to that squad at a bare minimum.

That and the fact is was a bloody friendly with players not at full tilt and against a very decent side should be enough for any same person to take a step back and chill out.
WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 00:59 - Aug 10 with 2131 viewsWarwickHunt

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 00:53 - Aug 10 by NeathJack

Today's formation and lack of options to change it was dictated to by the loss of both Routledge & Dyer.

You've got Leon, Routs, Dyer, New CB, New winger, New CM to add to that squad at a bare minimum.

That and the fact is was a bloody friendly with players not at full tilt and against a very decent side should be enough for any same person to take a step back and chill out.

wibble
WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 01:04 - Aug 10 with 2115 viewsNeiltheTaylor

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 00:53 - Aug 10 by NeathJack

Your reasoning will offer great comfort when Man U are giving us a good tuning next week.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 01:13 - Aug 10 with 2104 viewsBorojack

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 00:17 - Aug 10 by C_jack

Will be placing my insurance bet on us to be relegated shortly, while the odds are favourable.

£50 @ 5/1

Why bet on us to fail dont get it
plenty of other stuff to.bet on

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 01:21 - Aug 10 with 2091 viewsNeathJack

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 01:04 - Aug 10 by NeiltheTaylor

Your reasoning will offer great comfort when Man U are giving us a good tuning next week.

As they will do most teams.

Big picture ffs.
WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 01:22 - Aug 10 with 2089 viewsNeathJack

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 00:59 - Aug 10 by WarwickHunt

wibble

What part was inaccurate?
WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 02:59 - Aug 10 with 2017 viewsAdmire

I agree but I really hope im wrong. Lets see how the first few months go.
WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 03:22 - Aug 10 with 1996 views_

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 23:37 - Aug 9 by Swanseajill

I don't disagree with you about the game, but there was no booing in the West stand.

A friendly against a very good team should have lifted the players to show us what they can deliver.

I saw a team seemingly unable to get off the starting grid, lookingafraid of picking up injuries, very static off the ball whereas VIllareal were covering every inch of the pitch.
The opposition when taking goal shots with pace and accuracy, where our attempts had little pace about them, and I thought Ki looked lost for much of the 90min.
I'm going to try and blank that game out, let's start playing properly..and stop messing about!!

Who gives a shit whether there were no boo's in the West then!?

Maybe you feel a bit embarrassed from your earlier effort? I would.

Maybe put me on ignore as your stalking of me is clouding your already muddied judgement.

Monk has been coming out with a whole load of confident stroke arrogant rhetoric since he took over, and took over from one of the most famous names this game has ever or will ever hear of. He showed no respect or humility then and for some reason has been telling us all how things are going to be and we'll be going back to the old Swansea, the "real" Swansea as he said to Ki just last week.

You're looking like a bit of a fool at the moment Monk, and Jenkins is too, cos we would never have seen such a clueless attempt at taking on an average La Liga side under Laudrup.

I can't begin to tell you how bad that was today. We are one week to go before the season and we haven't even got a substitutes bench to change things around when they are going horribly wrong.

2 subs very late in a dismal friendly performance..??? And 2 to 3 years behind Villareal? Did he really say that? Facking unbelievable. It's Monk and Jenkins that have taken us that far back in a few short months.

How arrogant are they to think they have the capabilities to manage a Premier League side?

No player is going to come here to be managed just because Monk is the manager and let's face it, the ones that have come in (for the money) they're certainly not going to get anything from him, are they?? I can make you a better player he said recently to Bony! Err, how???

Are the players he will have to leave out really going to take it from Garry Monk? Cos Siggy can't play out there FFS. Bony and Gomis can't play together.

A massive gamble is all this...

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 04:05 - Aug 10 with 1972 viewsLord_Bony

A gamble for sure,new players,new manager.

It will take a few weeks for it to gel,hopefully we move onwards and upwards..but we don't have the luxury of time in this most unforgiving league. If it does nt work with this new squad we will know soon enough...but let's not go there for a while...I m confident it will work.

Anyways regarding Laudrup v Monk...laudrups goal average for us started to wane dangerously in the end,we were leaking goals badly,that's why he got sacked.huw seems to favour GMs set piece strategy for the Swans but going by today's performance a lot of work needs to be done here to say the least..still early days yet.

We peaked under Laudrup after winning the cup...don t know why but after that it all seemed to go downhill and people including Michu and Laudrup got bored and disinterested with lots of infighting in the team and management and agents..again the board had to act.Coupled with bad luck on the injury front we were lucky to have made good at the end of the season..I think we did well under the circu,stances.

Can Gary Monk live up to the legend that is Laudrup the footballer? Remember he brought prestige,publicity and a following of good players to Swansea..Monk does not have that status at the moment.

But what he does bring is passion,commitment and a fresh approach.he s also loyal and will not be tempted elsewhere if we have a strong finish,it s important long term we have stability and security...

Was HJ right to sack ML ? We will know in the next few weeks...I m hoping it was the right decision.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 04:32 - Aug 10 with 1953 viewsdameedna

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 04:05 - Aug 10 by Lord_Bony

A gamble for sure,new players,new manager.

It will take a few weeks for it to gel,hopefully we move onwards and upwards..but we don't have the luxury of time in this most unforgiving league. If it does nt work with this new squad we will know soon enough...but let's not go there for a while...I m confident it will work.

Anyways regarding Laudrup v Monk...laudrups goal average for us started to wane dangerously in the end,we were leaking goals badly,that's why he got sacked.huw seems to favour GMs set piece strategy for the Swans but going by today's performance a lot of work needs to be done here to say the least..still early days yet.

We peaked under Laudrup after winning the cup...don t know why but after that it all seemed to go downhill and people including Michu and Laudrup got bored and disinterested with lots of infighting in the team and management and agents..again the board had to act.Coupled with bad luck on the injury front we were lucky to have made good at the end of the season..I think we did well under the circu,stances.

Can Gary Monk live up to the legend that is Laudrup the footballer? Remember he brought prestige,publicity and a following of good players to Swansea..Monk does not have that status at the moment.

But what he does bring is passion,commitment and a fresh approach.he s also loyal and will not be tempted elsewhere if we have a strong finish,it s important long term we have stability and security...

Was HJ right to sack ML ? We will know in the next few weeks...I m hoping it was the right decision.

The signs are very bad.
Why we didn't change it at half time is frightening.
WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 05:46 - Aug 10 with 1942 viewsBournedore

Bit early all this panicking. Time will tell. If we start 4-4-2 Saturday and the Saturday after we know what the score is. Need to wait and see...and need reinforcements in defence before the window closes. If for no other reason than to put some pressure on the guys already there. We have very little genuine competition for places in defence. Still time to get one or two in and Huw and Garry have said that's the plan. If they only buy a striker and a winger we're furked...
WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 06:48 - Aug 10 with 1915 viewsApeShit

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 23:37 - Aug 9 by Swanseajill

There is no noise from the West stand full stop though.
WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 08:44 - Aug 10 with 1843 viewspaulv2k4

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 03:22 - Aug 10 by _

Who gives a shit whether there were no boo's in the West then!?

Maybe you feel a bit embarrassed from your earlier effort? I would.

Maybe put me on ignore as your stalking of me is clouding your already muddied judgement.

Monk has been coming out with a whole load of confident stroke arrogant rhetoric since he took over, and took over from one of the most famous names this game has ever or will ever hear of. He showed no respect or humility then and for some reason has been telling us all how things are going to be and we'll be going back to the old Swansea, the "real" Swansea as he said to Ki just last week.

You're looking like a bit of a fool at the moment Monk, and Jenkins is too, cos we would never have seen such a clueless attempt at taking on an average La Liga side under Laudrup.

I can't begin to tell you how bad that was today. We are one week to go before the season and we haven't even got a substitutes bench to change things around when they are going horribly wrong.

2 subs very late in a dismal friendly performance..??? And 2 to 3 years behind Villareal? Did he really say that? Facking unbelievable. It's Monk and Jenkins that have taken us that far back in a few short months.

How arrogant are they to think they have the capabilities to manage a Premier League side?

No player is going to come here to be managed just because Monk is the manager and let's face it, the ones that have come in (for the money) they're certainly not going to get anything from him, are they?? I can make you a better player he said recently to Bony! Err, how???

Are the players he will have to leave out really going to take it from Garry Monk? Cos Siggy can't play out there FFS. Bony and Gomis can't play together.

A massive gamble is all this...

"You're looking like a bit of a fool at the moment Monk, and Jenkins is too, cos we would never have seen such a clueless attempt at taking on an average La Liga side under Laudrup."

Funny that as we had a clueless attempt vs Cardiff away last year with Laudrup. (which I find more important)

I would agree yesterday's performance was poor. The whole siggy on the right thing didn't work.
WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 08:48 - Aug 10 with 1825 viewsshandyjack

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 01:04 - Aug 10 by NeiltheTaylor

Like they did Last year at Home under ML

Poll: Expectation for the season

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 08:55 - Aug 10 with 1808 viewsUxbridge

I heard the booing in the centre of the East Stand too. I wouldn't read too much into it ... it was hardly vitriolic and usual fare after seeing your team get pumped like that on home turf.

I'm filing yesterday into the "Players at half speed and I hope Garry was just trying some formations for the season and has no intention of playing 4-4-2 next week" draw. The time for panic isn't after a heavy beating from a rather excellent passing team who are everything I hope we can become.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 08:56 - Aug 10 with 1801 viewspaulv2k4

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? on 08:55 - Aug 10 by Uxbridge

I heard the booing in the centre of the East Stand too. I wouldn't read too much into it ... it was hardly vitriolic and usual fare after seeing your team get pumped like that on home turf.

I'm filing yesterday into the "Players at half speed and I hope Garry was just trying some formations for the season and has no intention of playing 4-4-2 next week" draw. The time for panic isn't after a heavy beating from a rather excellent passing team who are everything I hope we can become.

Exactly.

If we get beaten 0-3 by Burnley, then I will be worried.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024