Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tata 15:48 - Jan 17 with 34893 viewsraynor94

Looks like up to 800 job losses to be announced, 600 at Port Talbot, a devastating blow for the area, let's just hope Tata keep the faith and see these rough times through

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Tata on 21:32 - Mar 29 with 2177 viewsmonmouth

Difficult to see who could run it as a going concern. Devastating.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Tata on 21:42 - Mar 29 with 2126 viewspikeypaul

Tata on 21:32 - Mar 29 by monmouth

Difficult to see who could run it as a going concern. Devastating.

Tata have spumked £300 million in the last 18 months on investment and losing another £1million a day on the place,if they are now writing that off I can not see it being possible finding someone to run it as a going concern and making a profit.

It's not like a colliery being taken over by the redundant miners and turning a profit.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Tata on 21:48 - Mar 29 with 2096 viewsRancid

When it was British Steel and a non profit making organization it was safe.As soon as it was privatized and become Corus and then Tata was it a business and a failing one at that.It was a long time ago but the writing was on the wall back then.It was a plant to look after the local communities.Margam was built around it and housed all its workers.The shit conditions Port Talbot residents have to live in to justify the steelworks is enough to ensure it should never ever close.I think it'll get downsized yet again and then finally in another 10 years will close altogether.Its lasted as long as it has due to its harbour but at the end of the day it's like any other business and will fold if not profitable.
Tata on 22:00 - Mar 29 with 2045 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Privatisation is the beginning of the end , either for the company or consumer .

Nationalise it all back, everthing !

Terrible news

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Tata on 22:01 - Mar 29 with 2041 viewslonglostjack

Tata on 17:33 - Mar 25 by max936

Most of the other Countries that deal with their Steel industry, have very high surcharges, America has something like a tariff of 266% Australia, France and Germany have similar tariffs, yet ours is 16%, something to do with the Torys desperation for the Chinese investment that's been promised.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2016 23:03]

And energy costs for the steel industry in Germany are heavily subsidised and as a result the steel industry will weather the storm. Tories never have been interested in manufacturing. As long as the City is taking it in that's all that matters.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Tata on 22:06 - Mar 29 with 2015 viewsWingstandwood

Tata on 22:01 - Mar 29 by longlostjack

And energy costs for the steel industry in Germany are heavily subsidised and as a result the steel industry will weather the storm. Tories never have been interested in manufacturing. As long as the City is taking it in that's all that matters.

Dreadful news! Welcome to South West Wales the land of the employment agency where the only secure decent paid jobs with o.k working conditions will be in the public sector!

Argus!

Tata on 22:12 - Mar 29 with 1982 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The government should buy it until the market picks up ,

Oh I forgot they are licking the Chinese arses .

Torys

C@nts of the highest order .

Tata on 22:18 - Mar 29 with 1937 viewsraynor94

Tata on 22:12 - Mar 29 by oh_tommy_tommy

Torys

They couldn't even be bothered to send a representative over to Mumbai, I await Carwyn Jones response to the news, truly gutting

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Tata on 22:20 - Mar 29 with 1932 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Tata on 17:05 - Jan 20 by oh_tommy_tommy

Here's an article from a couple of months ago

Nobody cares any more

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3292712/Ministers-agree-3-8billion-defen

Whilst High jack puts labour down the conservative party deliver a hammer blow . Traitors, and will leave this country without a single blast furnace. Unthinkable given the history of Iron and Steel making in this country. Especially Wales.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Tata on 22:25 - Mar 29 with 1902 viewsmax936

Torys

Everyone [well almost] loved Super Maggie when she came on the seen, then once she got everyones attention, attraction if you like she went to work with privatising everything which signalled the death knell of the manufacturing industry in this country, the exact industry that put the Country where it was in the World in the first place, well done Maggie and all who sailed in her, the Indians bought the Steel Works then gained the expert knowledge needed to create their own and now their need for Port Talbot and its like has ended, not strictly true I know, but that's what it feels like.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Tata on 22:25 - Mar 29 with 1902 viewsWingstandwood

Tata on 22:20 - Mar 29 by Brynmill_Jack

Whilst High jack puts labour down the conservative party deliver a hammer blow . Traitors, and will leave this country without a single blast furnace. Unthinkable given the history of Iron and Steel making in this country. Especially Wales.

I find this forum very educational and learnt from here by someones common sense post that the U.K would have been absolutely f@cked during WW2 because it would not have been able to produce its own steel? Blast furnaces produce the steel. No new ships, tanks, artillery guns, planes, etc. I found that post extremely profound!
[Post edited 29 Mar 2016 22:27]

Argus!

Tata on 22:27 - Mar 29 with 1886 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Torys

There would be no British Empire or the wealth derived from it without the iron from Merthyr . Successive British governments have left the place to rot and rot. Now they are finishing the rest of any manufacturing industry off. It's time we stood up to them and said a firm NO. Devastating news.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Tata on 22:33 - Mar 29 with 1855 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Tata on 22:27 - Mar 29 by Brynmill_Jack

There would be no British Empire or the wealth derived from it without the iron from Merthyr . Successive British governments have left the place to rot and rot. Now they are finishing the rest of any manufacturing industry off. It's time we stood up to them and said a firm NO. Devastating news.

We privatised electricity and now the French charge our steel industry 50% more than French steel .

Privatisation the beginning of the end .

Tata on 22:35 - Mar 29 with 1851 viewsCooperman

Devastating news for the local community tonight.

Let's hope Liberty really are in the market for further growth and acquisition and that they can make at least part of Port Talbot a viable producer. However it may not be enough if the plant hasn't got a saleable product. Come on government, save some jobs!

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Tata on 22:35 - Mar 29 with 1851 viewspikeypaul

Tata on 22:27 - Mar 29 by Brynmill_Jack

On the news now they are reporting torys considering a possible re or partial nationalisation of the works.hopefully it's true.

Can't see it myself has IDS said last week they don't vote for us feck em.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2016 22:36]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Tata on 22:55 - Mar 29 with 1786 viewsmax936

Tata on 22:18 - Mar 29 by raynor94

They couldn't even be bothered to send a representative over to Mumbai, I await Carwyn Jones response to the news, truly gutting

Their main man in Tata at India, didn't have the decency to meet the Port Talbot delegation and fuked off to Australia.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Tata on 23:08 - Mar 29 with 1737 viewsRogerstone

Terrible news for the steel industry and the employees. Not forgetting the suppliers/contractors etc

Doubt if the govt will help out.

Most of my family worked for British Steel.

We will be a nation of call centre's

"Gylfi's on fire, your defence is terrified!"

Tata on 00:47 - Mar 30 with 1639 viewsKerouac

Am thoroughly depressed by this news.
I don't have any answers.
I hope somebody somewhere has been working on a back up plan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Tata on 08:40 - Mar 30 with 1515 viewsowainglyndwr

Looks like the Government are about to save the steel works that would be great for the Swansea bay region.
But the steel work need to get rid of the dead wood
Tata on 10:49 - Mar 30 with 1432 viewsLohengrin

Tata on 08:40 - Mar 30 by owainglyndwr

Looks like the Government are about to save the steel works that would be great for the Swansea bay region.
But the steel work need to get rid of the dead wood

Dead wood?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Tata on 11:24 - Mar 30 with 1400 viewsWingstandwood

According to Sky News the government promises a 'real fight' for U.K steel? I hope that means more than spin-doctors and politicians arranging choreographed PR stunts without any real action i.e. refusing to put money where mouth is type stuff etc

Argus!

Tata on 11:52 - Mar 30 with 1355 viewstomdickharry

Devastating news for all concerned.
Tata on 11:53 - Mar 30 with 1345 viewsHighjack

Tata on 22:20 - Mar 29 by Brynmill_Jack

I haven't said anything!

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Tata on 11:59 - Mar 30 with 1336 viewsBanosswan

Don't worry, some people are saying a holiday park should be put there instead. I'm sure the men who have worked 30+ years in the blast furnace will love being a redcoat.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Tata on 13:29 - Mar 30 with 1252 viewsdickythorpe

Tata on 17:10 - Jan 17 by dickythorpe

Forgive me for attempting to try and theoretically trying to save some jobs here.
Remember Tyrone o'sullivan, didn't hextry to get workers and private local backers to invest? Would tata sell some of the industry to locals?
Sorry if I haven't articulated this well or understood the industry/scale etc. Just thinking out loud.

Is this idea I mooted a possibility now?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024