Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dwight Gayle. 13:47 - Jan 26 with 23278 viewsChrisSCFC

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11731/10144514/dwight-gayle-could-leave-p

Exciting...
Dwight Gayle. on 18:20 - Jan 26 with 3416 viewsangryjack

good player not had a good run,think he do well for us
Dwight Gayle. on 18:36 - Jan 26 with 3333 viewsperplex

Gayle is average at best, has never set the Prem alight so is he a going to become a different player if he signs for us, very unlikely really isn't it.
Dwight Gayle. on 18:41 - Jan 26 with 3308 viewsjack247

Dwight Gayle. on 18:36 - Jan 26 by perplex

Gayle is average at best, has never set the Prem alight so is he a going to become a different player if he signs for us, very unlikely really isn't it.

It is what it is at the moment. He is an average striker, the two we have are below average. We aren't going to sign anyone who sets the league alight this window, unless we somehow tempt Bony back on loan. Hopefully in he summer, Guidollin can unearth the Italian Michu.
Dwight Gayle. on 18:49 - Jan 26 with 3268 viewsLandore_Jack

Signing Gayle would be like buying a sale item from B&M.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2016 18:52]

#backtojack

Dwight Gayle. on 19:08 - Jan 26 with 3175 viewsCooperman

Dwight Gayle. on 17:57 - Jan 26 by Daggyjack

Well if he said he's not much cop, he must be rubbish.
As Lisa said, we play a different style and given his pace, I feel he'd be an asset to us.

Did I mention the word rubbish anywhere?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Dwight Gayle. on 19:11 - Jan 26 with 3160 viewsLandore_Jack

Patrick Bamford or Dwight Gayle?

#backtojack

Dwight Gayle. on 19:23 - Jan 26 with 3105 viewsmax936

Fukme lads, we're still Swansea City mind, we haven't morphed into a major player in the Prem, [well not yet] it seems like no one is good enough for us mun, from what I've seen of Gayle is that he scores goals is pacey and can play, he surely wouldn't be a bad buy for us at this moment in time, would he?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Dwight Gayle. on 19:27 - Jan 26 with 3071 viewscockneyswan

You have to ask why would we sign a striker who is behind chamakh?
Login to get fewer ads

Dwight Gayle. on 19:32 - Jan 26 with 3033 viewsSwanjaxs

Personally I don't think we'll sign anyone. .... possibly JDG at a push

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Dwight Gayle. on 19:35 - Jan 26 with 3013 viewsFlashberryjack

Dwight Gayle. on 18:16 - Jan 26 by max936

Yes twice in their 3-3 draw not win, my mistake.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2016 19:52]

Only 7 appearances for Palace in the PL no goals.....4 goals in cup ties against Shrewsbury and Charlton.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Dwight Gayle. on 19:36 - Jan 26 with 3002 viewsmax936

Dwight Gayle. on 19:27 - Jan 26 by cockneyswan

Maybe he doesn't fit in with what Pardew wants in his strikers, I've seen him play and score a few times, all be it on Tele, but he's always looked sharp and dangerous, after his goals against Liverpool I think he had a bit of a scoring spree of scoring in the few games after, although I think he then got injured, that could be a problem though.
I think he's our best chance of getting a striker through the door this window to be honest, assuming that we are of course after him.

Dwight Gayle. on 19:40 - Jan 26 with 2964 viewsmax936

Dwight Gayle. on 19:35 - Jan 26 by Flashberryjack

Only 7 appearances for Palace in the PL no goals.....4 goals in cup ties against Shrewsbury and Charlton.

Scored twice in a 3-3 draw with Lfc at Palace which more of less fuked up LFC's chances of the title a few yrs back

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27184083

Dwight Gayle. on 21:52 - Jan 26 with 2812 viewsDaggyjack

Dwight Gayle. on 19:27 - Jan 26 by cockneyswan

The same reason why Leicester signed Vardy from non-league Fleetwood I presume.
Dwight Gayle. on 21:59 - Jan 26 with 2766 viewsPacemaker

My mate is a Palace regular and reckons Gayle would do a job for us especially with Gylfi in the hole behind him, he certainly thinks he will give us more than Gomis.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Dwight Gayle. on 22:18 - Jan 26 with 2720 viewsLoyal

Dwight Gayle or Eder .....
Tricky one.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Dwight Gayle. on 23:17 - Jan 26 with 2572 viewsEdmundo

Dwight Gayle. on 17:39 - Jan 26 by Daggyjack

Has-been??
Gayle is only 26 and has a more than decent goalscoring record at Palace, especially as the majority of his games being from the bench.
Can see this happening especially as Palace have now signed Adebayor.

He used to be good='has been'.

Not holding a first team place down.

Simples 👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Dwight Gayle. on 23:26 - Jan 26 with 2539 viewsLoyal

Never been given a fair crack at palace.
If he came here he would be the new Leon Knight. But this time he wouldn't have a load of bullying scousers to undermine him 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Dwight Gayle. on 23:51 - Jan 26 with 2513 viewsmonmouth

Dwight Gayle. on 23:26 - Jan 26 by Loyal

Never been given a fair crack at palace.
If he came here he would be the new Leon Knight. But this time he wouldn't have a load of bullying scousers to undermine him 👍

Can't believe I'm saying this as normally I rubbish every name mentioned, but he's always looked promising when I've watched their games on the telly. Certainly not afraid to shoot.

Only niggle would be is that Murray, Chamakh, Wickham are all utter shit and they kept him out and now they've brought in a blatant mercenary pensioner in desperation rather than give him another shot. I do wonder why.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Dwight Gayle. on 23:59 - Jan 26 with 2495 viewsLoyal

Dwight Gayle. on 23:51 - Jan 26 by monmouth

Can't believe I'm saying this as normally I rubbish every name mentioned, but he's always looked promising when I've watched their games on the telly. Certainly not afraid to shoot.

Only niggle would be is that Murray, Chamakh, Wickham are all utter shit and they kept him out and now they've brought in a blatant mercenary pensioner in desperation rather than give him another shot. I do wonder why.

A bloke from the heads of the valleys has just won a speedboat on Bullseye.
Anything is possible.

Dwight Gayle. on 02:52 - Jan 27 with 2390 viewsdameedna

We could not attract Gomis at present other than he would have a mate in Ayew

If nothing else we can be grateful Gomis put us on the map with Ayew

Clearly we should get Gayle on board and release Eder and Emnes then let Gomis go in the summer

If it is out if our hands and we lose Gomis we should be grateful if Gayle is prepared to come

Has more P L experience than most signings would be very welcome with a few days left in the window
Dwight Gayle. (n/t) on 04:25 - Jan 27 with 2366 viewsEasternJack

[Post edited 27 Jan 2016 6:44]

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Dwight Gayle. on 06:59 - Jan 27 with 2301 viewssomersetsimon

So, after reading all the comments on this thread, the player we need has to:

- Have a good goalscoring record
- Experienced in the PL
- Can hold the ball up
- Can run around and create spaces for others
- Create chances out of nothing on his own
- Have a good attitude

And on top of that list, he wants to come here and his club are prepared to let him go for a reasonable price.

Have I missed anything
Dwight Gayle. on 08:21 - Jan 27 with 2171 viewsVetchitBack

A few points.

Like a couple of posters I don't knows much about him really or any player that doesn't play for the Swans. Not one of these football fans who plays those tedious manager games and knows the left-back of Celta Vigo.

But...

We have a rich history of getting the best out of players unfancied elsewhere.

Even now we are still pretty unique in our style which fits in with the above point.

And I simply can't have people say that Gayle is worse than a player who is so bad a false-9 is a much better attacking option.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2016 8:24]

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Dwight Gayle. on 11:33 - Jan 27 with 1975 viewswaynekerr55

Dwight Gayle. on 08:21 - Jan 27 by VetchitBack

A few points.

Like a couple of posters I don't knows much about him really or any player that doesn't play for the Swans. Not one of these football fans who plays those tedious manager games and knows the left-back of Celta Vigo.

But...

We have a rich history of getting the best out of players unfancied elsewhere.

Even now we are still pretty unique in our style which fits in with the above point.

And I simply can't have people say that Gayle is worse than a player who is so bad a false-9 is a much better attacking option.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2016 8:24]

This

Routs and Britts but to name two

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Dwight Gayle. on 11:40 - Jan 27 with 1949 viewsDevz00

Palace fans views:
http://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=158004&page=1

"...if he gets the service he thrives on - balls through the middle on the ground where he can utilise his pace and skill. The Costa goal against Arsenal illustrates what he could be capable of. It will be our loss."

"He's clearly a very good finisher and just didn't fit our system"

Cherry picked those out. A few of them think he's no good though.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2016 11:40]

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024