Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we stay up - the players to let go from our first team squad. 15:52 - Feb 14 with 6493 viewsRancid

I'll start.

Ayew
Gomis
Ki
Bartley
Routledge
Taylor
Ash

and the players I'd keep are

Fernandez
Paloschi
Barrow
Cork
Fabianski
Montero
Siggurdsson

It would take a monumental effort and be nigh impossible to overall to such extremes so quickly but these are the players I feel are no longer going to take us forward as a team.Any thoughts.
If we stay up - the players to let go from our first team squad. on 15:58 - Feb 14 with 5212 viewsmonmouth

Montero and the goalkeeping coach out too. Fernandez too if we could get get some of our money back.

We won't have any option but to keep Williams, but I would anway. Club captain and on the bench covering for Amat though and find a big strong header for ourselves on the lines of Huth to partner him.

I'd keep Ki too; he may not be much cop for a relegation scrap but I think he has something to offer a progressive team.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

If we stay up - the players to let go from our first team squad. on 16:01 - Feb 14 with 5182 viewsPozuelosSideys

Out:

Ayew: Will command the biggest fee and we need the cash. Also doesnt really suit our style
Fernandez: Not good enough, sry.
Montero: Not consistent enough
Bartley: Not good enough
Gomis: Another who doesnt fit our style
Naughton: Not good enough

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

If we stay up - the players to let go from our first team squad. on 16:03 - Feb 14 with 5162 viewslovejuicejack

They can all go and start from scratch.
If we stay up - the players to let go from our first team squad. on 16:05 - Feb 14 with 5149 viewsRancid

If we stay up - the players to let go from our first team squad. on 15:58 - Feb 14 by monmouth

Montero and the goalkeeping coach out too. Fernandez too if we could get get some of our money back.

We won't have any option but to keep Williams, but I would anway. Club captain and on the bench covering for Amat though and find a big strong header for ourselves on the lines of Huth to partner him.

I'd keep Ki too; he may not be much cop for a relegation scrap but I think he has something to offer a progressive team.

I'm Ash's number 1 fan but I'm noticing he's getting injured quite often lately but battling on.He's the Euro's to go to as well and he won't get any better I don't think.We could sign a big towering centre half like van Dijk yesterday which would take the strain off Fernandez who although hasn't covered himself in glory I'd still give him another season.

Not sure about the GK coach but I'd like to see Montero stay in the hope we get back to playing with some width.Ki, I could take or leave.He's had a poor season.
If we stay up - the players to let go from our first team squad. on 16:09 - Feb 14 with 5132 viewsjackal

If we stay up - the players to let go from our first team squad. on 16:03 - Feb 14 by lovejuicejack

They can all go and start from scratch.

I'd keep Fab and Siggy.
If we stay up - the players to let go from our first team squad. on 16:11 - Feb 14 with 5119 viewsblaine_scfc

There is not a chance in hell Gylfi will be playing Championship football for any team. He will be snapped up by a top half Premier League Team.
If we stay up - the players to let go from our first team squad. on 16:15 - Feb 14 with 5088 viewsA_Fans_Dad

If we stay up - the players to let go from our first team squad. on 16:11 - Feb 14 by blaine_scfc

There is not a chance in hell Gylfi will be playing Championship football for any team. He will be snapped up by a top half Premier League Team.

The title say's "If we stay up".
If we stay up - the players to let go from our first team squad. on 16:15 - Feb 14 with 5092 viewsmonmouth

If we stay up - the players to let go from our first team squad. on 16:11 - Feb 14 by blaine_scfc

I think we're assuming we stay up. If we go down, we'll be selling most if not all of the saleable PL quality assets.

Login to get fewer ads

If we stay up - the players to let go from our first team squad. on 16:16 - Feb 14 with 5086 viewsblaine_scfc

If we stay up - the players to let go from our first team squad. on 16:15 - Feb 14 by monmouth

I think we're assuming we stay up. If we go down, we'll be selling most if not all of the saleable PL quality assets.

Oh sh*t my bad.
If we stay up - the players to let go from our first team squad. on 17:19 - Feb 14 with 4972 viewsjojaca

If we stay up - the players to let go from our first team squad. on 16:16 - Feb 14 by blaine_scfc

Oh sh*t my bad.

Fabianski - Good keeper, just prone to the odd kicking error from pass backs.
Rangel - Legs are going, should be back up player.
Naughton - Not got Angels quality on ball, but still should start.
Taylor - Solid defensively, but not a modern day full back.
Williams - I think we need to start finding a long term replacement.
Amat - Still not sure if he will consistently be good enough in Prem, on small side.
Fernandez - He would struggle to win a fight at a children's party. Has to go?
Bartley - Championship standard.
Britton - Legend, like Ashley needs long term replacement.
Ki - Another frustrating light weight inconsistent player.
Cork - Back up player.
Sigurdsson - Need to get the best out of him.
Barrow - Give the boy a run of games, no substitute for pace.
Montero - Need to rub him up the right way and get his A game back.
Routledge - Back up, no end product anymore.
Ayew - Stick him up top.
Gomis - Still think he is our best striker, if service was right.

Need a huge squad overhaul. If we stay up this season, we will be favourites to go down next season.

Even when you know, you never know?

If we stay up - the players to let go from our first team squad. on 17:37 - Feb 14 with 4933 viewsAl_Bundy

Players will leave in droves.. Can't imagine the likes of Ki Ayew Fabianski Siggy Gomis Ash Taylor Fede will have no intention of staying with us whatsoever.
If we stay up - the players to let go from our first team squad. on 17:39 - Feb 14 with 4930 viewsJackfath

If we stay up - the players to let go from our first team squad. on 17:37 - Feb 14 by Al_Bundy

Players will leave in droves.. Can't imagine the likes of Ki Ayew Fabianski Siggy Gomis Ash Taylor Fede will have no intention of staying with us whatsoever.

Why will they leave in droves if we stay up?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

If we stay up - the players to let go from our first team squad. on 17:51 - Feb 14 with 4890 viewsAl_Bundy

If we stay up - the players to let go from our first team squad. on 17:39 - Feb 14 by Jackfath

If we stay up - fair enough misread that
If we stay up - the players to let go from our first team squad. on 19:07 - Feb 14 with 4764 viewsSwansea93

If we go down we'd keep:-

Nordfeldt
Naughton
Amat
Bartley
Rangel
Cork
Britton
Barrow
Dyer
Routledge
Emnes
Paloschi

Out of the squad and obviously the likes of Fulton, Grimes etc.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

If we stay up - the players to let go from our first team squad. on 19:18 - Feb 14 with 4715 viewsLoyal

THE FCKING LOT

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

If we stay up - the players to let go from our first team squad. on 19:55 - Feb 14 with 4617 viewsSS2013

So you'd get rid of 3 of our best players

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

If we stay up - the players to let go from our first team squad. on 19:57 - Feb 14 with 4609 viewsjasper_T

If we stay up - the players to let go from our first team squad. on 19:07 - Feb 14 by Swansea93

Nordfeldt
Naughton
Amat
Bartley
Rangel
Cork
Britton
Barrow
Dyer
Routledge
Emnes
Paloschi

Can't see that side winning the Championship.
If we stay up - the players to let go from our first team squad. on 20:07 - Feb 14 with 4565 viewsJoe_bradshaw

If we stay up - the players to let go from our first team squad. on 19:07 - Feb 14 by Swansea93

Nordfeldt
Naughton
Amat
Bartley
Rangel
Cork
Britton
Barrow
Dyer
Routledge
Emnes
Paloschi

Do we have to keep Bartley under any circumstances?

I still haven't got over the fact that he captained our club and that Curt of all people gave him the armband.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

If we stay up - the players to let go from our first team squad. on 20:18 - Feb 14 with 4539 viewsmagicdaps10

I will work with if we stay up, we will keep the following

FABIANSKI-NORDFELLT

RANGEL-NAUGHTON-TAYLOR-WILLIAMS-AMAT-FERNANDEZ

CORK-BRITTON-KI-SIGGY

AYEW-ROUTLEDGE-BARROW

PALOSCHI

We will need

1x RB
1X HOLDING MID
1X MIDFIELDER
2X WINGER
2X STRIKER

Big summer if we can do it and one where the board will have to show more ambition and spend.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

If we stay up - the players to let go from our first team squad. on 20:21 - Feb 14 with 4528 viewsmonmouth

If we stay up - the players to let go from our first team squad. on 17:39 - Feb 14 by Jackfath

Because we pay them too much.

A drove is one of those fancy german cars isn't it?

If we stay up - the players to let go from our first team squad. on 21:03 - Feb 14 with 4409 viewsJJJack

Bartley
Tabanou (Keep Taylor but buy a 1st choice LB. I'd go for Borthwick-Johnson perhaps)
Ki
Montero
Dyer
Eder
Gomis
Emnes (I like him but he just doesn't get a sniff so sell)

No way would I sell Ash or Ayew as OP suggests - they are vital players to us. So key players IMO:
Fab
Fede
Ash
Cork
Leon
Paloschi
Ayew
Siggy
Barrow

Worryingly that's it!
Must buys:
Left Back
CM with pace who can run at people a la Dembele, Ali, Kante, Ramsey, Payet etc
1 or 2 wide players who are consistent (compared with our current lot).
2 Strikers (hopefully NOT like for like)

So I think we need about 6 new players and most of these would be "1st choice" players. Stop buying these supposed "mid-level" squad p;layers - Eder, Tabanou, Bartley, Emnes

I also don't understand what is going on with some of our youngsters....Grimes , Fulton, Kingsley, King......where's the progression? If it's there , then why are they not getting a sniff??
If we stay up - the players to let go from our first team squad. on 21:27 - Feb 14 with 4351 viewsjasper_T

Did you just suggest Ramsey has pace?

And Borthwick-Jackson? Come on now, being blinded by average players with big club pedigree is (partly) what got us into this mess.
If we stay up - the players to let go from our first team squad. on 21:36 - Feb 14 with 4319 viewsblaine_scfc

If we stay up - the players to let go from our first team squad. on 21:27 - Feb 14 by jasper_T

And Borthwick-Jackson? Come on now, being blinded by average players with big club pedigree is (partly) what got us into this mess.

Are you suggesting he hasn't? Did you see the ground he made up a few weeks ago to get that tap in at Villa?
If we stay up - the players to let go from our first team squad. on 21:42 - Feb 14 with 4302 viewsJJJack

If we stay up - the players to let go from our first team squad. on 21:27 - Feb 14 by jasper_T

No, I meant either those with pace or at least the trickery to go round players and are mega fit (Ramsey is the last 2)....sorry didn't explain properly.
Borthwick-Johnson (incidentally I HATE Man Utd) but that lad is a superb prospect and given they have Rojo and Shaw and Blind can also play LB (as can Young), I'd suggest he's "gettable". The LB I'd really like is the Bournemouth player - Daniels. Or Van Aaanholt
If we stay up - the players to let go from our first team squad. on 21:48 - Feb 14 with 4277 viewsdailew

We don't have the money to buy improvements on the likes of Taylor, Ash, Fed or Naughton so unless a sugar daddy comes along get used to them.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024