Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Britton Leads The Way 17:59 - Mar 20 with 3428 viewsPhil_S

Leon Britton is leading the way to be crowned the player of the season by those who have cast their votes on the Swans performances to date this season.

Full story at http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/42344/britton-leads-the-w

Who is your player of the season?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Britton Leads The Way on 18:52 - Mar 20 with 3338 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Curious who the 2 so far who voted "Someone Else" are thinking of. Taylor?

I think the list included every arguable option.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Britton Leads The Way on 19:12 - Mar 20 with 3296 viewsSgorioFruit

Do we have two Jack Corks??

In all seriousness i reckon Gylfi has been outstanding for us. Leon and Ash however, true stalwarts of the club, seemed to have kept the stability and nerve on the pitch and i think we would have been fecked without them.
Extremely lucky to have that nucleus of the club.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Britton Leads The Way on 19:53 - Mar 20 with 3211 viewsLeonisGod

Britton Leads The Way on 18:52 - Mar 20 by Tummer_from_Texas

Isn'g Else the fella we shipped off back to Portugal?

I'm not sure how we can look beyond Ash for POTS. Been a rock throughout, whereas the others have had less staying power, either because of not being in the starting line up at times (Leon) or blowing hot and cold (Siggy to a degree and most definitely Ayew).

But one thing's for sure, without those 4 we'd have stuffed.
Britton Leads The Way on 20:54 - Mar 20 with 3096 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

There should be a gold statue of Ash Williams next to Ivor when he retires.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Britton Leads The Way on 21:41 - Mar 20 with 3021 viewspencoedjack

Britton Leads The Way on 18:52 - Mar 20 by Tummer_from_Texas

Taylor won the poll (or was at least leading close to the end) of the last poll. Many Swans fans have very short memories.

That said Gylfi or Ash streets ahead of anyone else now.
Britton Leads The Way on 21:44 - Mar 20 with 3015 viewsNeiltheTaylor

100% Ash for me. He's held this sh1t show together on and off the field while in and out of form himself. If we stay up he will be the main reason

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Britton Leads The Way on 21:53 - Mar 20 with 2997 viewsDr_Winston

Siggy's goals and assists in the last couple of months have kept us up. There can be no other choice.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Britton Leads The Way on 22:31 - Mar 20 with 2927 viewsLoyal

Britton Leads The Way on 20:54 - Mar 20 by oh_tommy_tommy

There should be a gold statue of Ash Williams next to Ivor when he retires.

Seriously ?
I would rather give it to the last lot of Swansea county miners killed three years ago.
But there you go.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

Britton Leads The Way on 23:21 - Mar 20 with 2865 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Britton Leads The Way on 22:31 - Mar 20 by Loyal

Seriously ?
I would rather give it to the last lot of Swansea county miners killed three years ago.
But there you go.

Why's that then?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Britton Leads The Way on 23:45 - Mar 20 with 2836 viewsLoyal

Britton Leads The Way on 23:21 - Mar 20 by oh_tommy_tommy

Why's that then?

It's easy to work out.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Britton Leads The Way on 08:35 - Mar 21 with 2731 viewsowainglyndwr

There should now be some recognition for the service and loyalty that Mr Alan Curtis has given ti this fabulous club of ours
Britton Leads The Way on 09:45 - Mar 21 with 2667 viewspencoedjack

Britton Leads The Way on 22:31 - Mar 20 by Loyal

Seriously ?
But there you go.

I would say that there are better places than outside a football stadium where a statue for the sadly deceased miners could be situated.

As we are on a football forum about Swansea City FC I'm with Tommy, Ash should have a statue outside the ground.
Britton Leads The Way on 09:48 - Mar 21 with 2655 viewsjasper_T

Britton Leads The Way on 09:45 - Mar 21 by pencoedjack

I would say that there are better places than outside a football stadium where a statue for the sadly deceased miners could be situated.

As we are on a football forum about Swansea City FC I'm with Tommy, Ash should have a statue outside the ground.

It would do a better job defending set pieces.
Britton Leads The Way on 10:34 - Mar 21 with 2613 viewsswancity

Britton being suggested as a player of the year is laughable.

He's a legend at our Club and consequently that clouds judgement. There are only two actual contenders, possibly 3 if Andre Ayew can rediscover his best form in the final run in. At the moment only Ashley Williams and Sigurdson are really in contention with Sigurdson getting my vote.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Britton Leads The Way on 11:10 - Mar 21 with 2586 viewskarnataka

Britton Leads The Way on 10:34 - Mar 21 by swancity

Britton being suggested as a player of the year is laughable.

He's a legend at our Club and consequently that clouds judgement. There are only two actual contenders, possibly 3 if Andre Ayew can rediscover his best form in the final run in. At the moment only Ashley Williams and Sigurdson are really in contention with Sigurdson getting my vote.

I'd say laughable is a bit harsh bearing in mind Leon wasn't even getting picked until December and that wasn't his fault but over the course of the season as a whole Ash, Siggy & Ayew have been our best players for me with Ash ahead because Ayew hasn't been doing the business lately and because Siggy wasn't up to scratch until we got rid of Captain Pointy whereas Ash has been a rock all season. Reckon he was quarried not born.
Britton Leads The Way on 11:13 - Mar 21 with 2578 viewsjasper_T

Even when Gylfi wasn't producing he worked his socks off for the team, when most players of his quality would have pouted and gone missing entirely.
Britton Leads The Way on 12:37 - Mar 21 with 2526 viewsthedrownedman

Out of 3 imo. Gylfi, LEON and Ash.

I don't think any of those 3 played better than the other, but I'd say that Ash has been most influential, especially in the second half of the season. He's leading the defence a lot better, chipped in with a couple of goals and has made some impedance challenges. Since his performances picked up, we've become much better defensively (although fat from perfect!).

We'd be fecked without Gylfi's goals and Leon's tenacity and impetus in midfield is what our game is built upon, and has definitely helped our improvement.

Difficult to choose, but I'll go with Ash by a whisker.
Britton Leads The Way on 13:06 - Mar 21 with 2476 viewsLoyal

Britton Leads The Way on 09:45 - Mar 21 by pencoedjack

The football club is the centre of the Swansea community, more people gather there than at any other location regularly.

I disagree.

If copper is worthy of a mention in advertising a football strip, with a rich history referenced, then it's a no brainier that the club should honour local people properly and graciously.

And with all due respect to these half hearted millionaires running about avoiding relegation very badly in the name of Swansea City. Surely not one deserves a statue or indeed to be revered for anything they do with a bag of wind and working ten hours a week.

👍 Opinions.

Britton Leads The Way on 16:49 - Mar 21 with 2324 viewsHubert

Based on the poll above, I would say Britton isn't leading the way, unless the colours are misrepresented on my laptop ? :-)
Britton Leads The Way on 18:54 - Mar 21 with 2229 viewsSwansNZ

Britton Leads The Way on 16:49 - Mar 21 by Hubert

Based on the poll above, I would say Britton isn't leading the way, unless the colours are misrepresented on my laptop ? :-)

Only in the average ratings on this site — in fact, he’s equal top with Nathan Dyer - maybe those “someone else” votes would be for Dyer?

Then again, they could be for Kingsley or Nordfeldt, who are both in the top 8 rated players.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Britton Leads The Way on 20:41 - Mar 21 with 2150 viewsSgorioFruit

Britton Leads The Way on 13:06 - Mar 21 by Loyal

The football club is the centre of the Swansea community, more people gather there than at any other location regularly.

I disagree.

If copper is worthy of a mention in advertising a football strip, with a rich history referenced, then it's a no brainier that the club should honour local people properly and graciously.

And with all due respect to these half hearted millionaires running about avoiding relegation very badly in the name of Swansea City. Surely not one deserves a statue or indeed to be revered for anything they do with a bag of wind and working ten hours a week.

👍 Opinions.

Top post

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Britton Leads The Way on 21:05 - Mar 21 with 2127 viewsHuw57

Siggy for me.

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Britton Leads The Way on 07:42 - Mar 22 with 1959 viewsJackanapes

This thread title is as anachronistic as the advert for the end of season dinner which shows Ki winning player of the year.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2016 7:42]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Britton Leads The Way on 07:52 - Mar 22 with 1948 viewsSwaneeRiver

Britton Leads The Way on 07:42 - Mar 22 by Jackanapes

This thread title is as anachronistic as the advert for the end of season dinner which shows Ki winning player of the year.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2016 7:42]

Gylfi is like old "New York, New York" - so good he's rescued us on two separate occasions.
2011 / 2012 and 2015 / 2016
Only one choice for our player of the year.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024