Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Come on Wilfred Bony, score some goals for Swansea 18:14 - May 15 with 10834 viewsLeonisGod

Was that wrong? It was good to hear it again and it was a rousing rendition from the East Stand's finest, but I did feel a little bit dirty
Come on Wilfred Bony, score some goals for Swansea on 18:15 - May 15 with 8621 viewsdobjack2

Better that he wasn't on the pitch when it was sung
Come on Wilfred Bony, score some goals for Swansea on 18:17 - May 15 with 8595 viewsacejack3065

Open your effing chequebook Huw and bring Wilf home.
Come on Wilfred Bony, score some goals for Swansea on 19:20 - May 15 with 8315 viewsjacabertawe

"Embaressing".

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Come on Wilfred Bony, score some goals for Swansea on 19:29 - May 15 with 8233 viewsStarsky

Come on Wilfred Bony, score some goals for Swansea on 19:20 - May 15 by jacabertawe

"Embaressing".

It is when you can't spell it.

It's just the internet, init.

Come on Wilfred Bony, score some goals for Swansea on 19:33 - May 15 with 8190 viewsjacabertawe

Come on Wilfred Bony, score some goals for Swansea on 19:29 - May 15 by Starsky

It is when you can't spell it.

Indeed it is embarrassing, hence my quotes.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Come on Wilfred Bony, score some goals for Swansea on 23:32 - May 15 with 7853 viewswhiterock

Come on Wilfred Bony, score some goals for Swansea on 19:20 - May 15 by jacabertawe

"Embaressing".

Quite happy with letting a player know that he's welcomed back, if you feel different then so be it
Come on Wilfred Bony, score some goals for Swansea on 23:35 - May 15 with 7839 viewsDarran

Come on Wilfred Bony, score some goals for Swansea on 23:32 - May 15 by whiterock

Quite happy with letting a player know that he's welcomed back, if you feel different then so be it

Is he coming back then?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Come on Wilfred Bony, score some goals for Swansea on 05:15 - May 16 with 7650 viewsDDCH

Come on Wilfred Bony, score some goals for Swansea on 23:35 - May 15 by Darran

Is he coming back then?

I thought the chant was 'come back home to Swansea" this time

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Login to get fewer ads

Come on Wilfred Bony, score some goals for Swansea on 05:57 - May 16 with 7626 viewsjack247

It was an indication of how flat the second half was. People were going nuts for him and ignoring the game. Glad he got a good reception, but it went on longer than it needed to.
Come on Wilfred Bony, score some goals for Swansea on 07:32 - May 16 with 7503 viewsDDCH

Come on Wilfred Bony, score some goals for Swansea on 05:57 - May 16 by jack247

It was an indication of how flat the second half was. People were going nuts for him and ignoring the game. Glad he got a good reception, but it went on longer than it needed to.

The pic on his official Instagram account at the Liberty with Leon & Routledge with the caption 'see you soon mates' may excite the Wilf fans

Come on Wilfred Bony, score some goals for Swansea on 07:52 - May 16 with 7446 viewsSwaneeRiver

Come on Wilfred Bony, score some goals for Swansea on 07:32 - May 16 by DDCH

The pic on his official Instagram account at the Liberty with Leon & Routledge with the caption 'see you soon mates' may excite the Wilf fans

Were it true I'd drive to Manchester myself to collect him.
I won't believe it until it's on the O S
Come on Wilfred Bony, score some goals for Swansea on 07:58 - May 16 with 7427 viewsAnotherJohn

A cynic might think the deal was done at half-time - 1-1 and £15M.
Come on Wilfred Bony, score some goals for Swansea on 08:12 - May 16 with 7377 viewsDDCH

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFZTHs8Sa_4/

Come on Wilfred Bony, score some goals for Swansea on 08:36 - May 16 with 7303 viewsharryhpalmer

it was disrespectful to our other players, especially as it was done when Gomis was about to come on, and try and help us win the game.

Irrespective of the quality of Gomis's play this season, at the end of the day, we support our players first, whoever they are.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Come on Wilfred Bony, score some goals for Swansea on 09:08 - May 16 with 7243 viewsSwaneeRiver

Come on Wilfred Bony, score some goals for Swansea on 08:36 - May 16 by harryhpalmer

it was disrespectful to our other players, especially as it was done when Gomis was about to come on, and try and help us win the game.

Irrespective of the quality of Gomis's play this season, at the end of the day, we support our players first, whoever they are.

Sorry but Gomis is disrespectful to the Swansea shirt. The stick those Man City fans were giving Bony, yet he's ten times the player Gomis is.
I have for over forty years given unstinting support to every player to represent Swans.
Gomis is the first player that has upset me enough to go against that principle.
Of all the excellent things Guidolin and co have done since monk was sacked, persevering with Gomis isn't one of them. I'd rather have seen one of the youngsters in.
Gomis has to go, whether it's on loan to someone, sold to someone or contract cancelled by mutual consent.
The fans made it quite clear yesterday they want Bony back. That's not disrespecting anyone other than Gomis. You don't get given respect you have to earn it - Gomis has never done that.
Come on Wilfred Bony, score some goals for Swansea on 09:12 - May 16 with 7223 viewscontroversial_jack

Come on Wilfred Bony, score some goals for Swansea on 09:08 - May 16 by SwaneeRiver

Sorry but Gomis is disrespectful to the Swansea shirt. The stick those Man City fans were giving Bony, yet he's ten times the player Gomis is.
I have for over forty years given unstinting support to every player to represent Swans.
Gomis is the first player that has upset me enough to go against that principle.
Of all the excellent things Guidolin and co have done since monk was sacked, persevering with Gomis isn't one of them. I'd rather have seen one of the youngsters in.
Gomis has to go, whether it's on loan to someone, sold to someone or contract cancelled by mutual consent.
The fans made it quite clear yesterday they want Bony back. That's not disrespecting anyone other than Gomis. You don't get given respect you have to earn it - Gomis has never done that.

They give him stick for a reason.
Come on Wilfred Bony, score some goals for Swansea on 09:30 - May 16 with 7181 viewsDewi1jack

Come on Wilfred Bony, score some goals for Swansea on 09:12 - May 16 by controversial_jack

They give him stick for a reason.

Everyone compared to Kun( silent T) Aguero looks pretty sh1te mind.
Will was wasteful in front of goal for us and he is for Citey.
They don't seem to see the rest of his game- flick ons, defensive work, holding the ball up for others etc. Maybe the Citey fans have been spoilt recently. Some of our fans certainly act like they're spoilt brats as well.
Many players suit one team better.
Will in front of Siggy/ Andre with Jeff, Wayne, Mo, SK lobbing the ball in is certainly a good sounding prospect.
If he comes, great. If he doesn't then as long as we get someone better than Gomis in, then there's an improvement.

Quick question to those who criticise the singing from us.
Do you sing certain/ any songs and add to the atmosphere in the ground?
Or do you sit there in silence on your fuggin phones, showing little emotion at all?
It was the singing and atmosphere on the NB that got me hooked on watching us. Still singing nearly 40 years on.
If you don't like it then fuk off to one of the soulless silent grounds with one song.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Come on Wilfred Bony, score some goals for Swansea on 09:36 - May 16 with 7157 viewsfbreath

Come on Wilfred Bony, score some goals for Swansea on 08:12 - May 16 by DDCH

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFZTHs8Sa_4/

The size on Wilfs thighs are unbelievable.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Come on Wilfred Bony, score some goals for Swansea on 09:39 - May 16 with 7145 viewsfbreath

Come on Wilfred Bony, score some goals for Swansea on 08:36 - May 16 by harryhpalmer

The Bony singing started well before Gomis came on. I sit in the West Stand and even people around me who are normally quiet were singing it.

As for Gomis I don't think it dented his confidence to much and am sure he'll get over it.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Come on Wilfred Bony, score some goals for Swansea on 10:34 - May 16 with 7015 viewsJJJack

Since Bony signed for Man City....
Bony = 10 goals in 46
Gomis = 15 in 52

Yeah, can't wait to get Wilf back.....
Come on Wilfred Bony, score some goals for Swansea on 10:59 - May 16 with 6944 viewsTreforys_Jack

Come on Wilfred Bony, score some goals for Swansea on 10:34 - May 16 by JJJack

Bony = 10 goals in 46
Gomis = 15 in 52

So you wouldn't swap ? Genuine question
Come on Wilfred Bony, score some goals for Swansea on 11:03 - May 16 with 6932 viewsDafyddHuw

Come on Wilfred Bony, score some goals for Swansea on 05:15 - May 16 by DDCH

I thought the chant was 'come back home to Swansea" this time

It was, well it was in the West anyway.

I clapped and sang, it was more a "feel the love" moment than anything.

OK if people don't agree, I couldn't give a shit.
[Post edited 16 May 2016 11:03]
Come on Wilfred Bony, score some goals for Swansea on 11:08 - May 16 with 6910 viewsraynor94

Come on Wilfred Bony, score some goals for Swansea on 11:03 - May 16 by DafyddHuw

It was, well it was in the West anyway.

I clapped and sang, it was more a "feel the love" moment than anything.

OK if people don't agree, I couldn't give a shit.
[Post edited 16 May 2016 11:03]

Of course it was come home, you honestly couldn't expect the ASBO to get it right

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Come on Wilfred Bony, score some goals for Swansea on 11:08 - May 16 with 6907 viewsmacthejack

Bony = 10 goals in 46
Gomis = 15 in 52

Lies, damned lies and statistics...

Bony is a far superior player to Gomis, and perhaps more importantly, suits our natural style much better.
Come on Wilfred Bony, score some goals for Swansea on 11:17 - May 16 with 6872 viewsjack247

Bony = 10 goals in 46
Gomis = 15 in 52

This is why stats should have their place in football, but only a small place.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024