Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Takeover Confirmed 10:26 - Jun 5 with 44543 viewsBLAZE

Deserves its own thread

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/swans-swansea-city-takeover-americans-pr

Thoughts?
Takeover Confirmed on 08:34 - Jun 6 with 2261 viewsmonmouth

Takeover Confirmed on 08:07 - Jun 6 by WarwickHunt

Hope it fits better than the shirts the thick tw@t ordered....

Unfortunately what he actually ordered was a 24 Carrot waistcoat.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Takeover Confirmed on 10:11 - Jun 6 with 2120 viewsHighjack

Takeover Confirmed on 07:23 - Jun 6 by trampie

All these German sounding names, makes you wonder their background doesn't it.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2016 7:25]

Well I'm not Poirot but German sounding names would suggest they have some sort of German ancestry. Maybe grandparents from the Germany area or something. I'm not entirely sure but it is a worthy hypothesis.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Takeover Confirmed on 10:12 - Jun 6 with 2118 viewsDr_Winston

Takeover Confirmed on 10:11 - Jun 6 by Highjack

Well I'm not Poirot but German sounding names would suggest they have some sort of German ancestry. Maybe grandparents from the Germany area or something. I'm not entirely sure but it is a worthy hypothesis.

Could be Austrian...

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Takeover Confirmed on 10:26 - Jun 6 with 2075 viewswaynekerr55

Takeover Confirmed on 10:12 - Jun 6 by Dr_Winston

Could be Austrian...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Takeover Confirmed on 10:27 - Jun 6 with 2068 viewswaynekerr55

Takeover Confirmed on 07:23 - Jun 6 by trampie

All these German sounding names, makes you wonder their background doesn't it.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2016 7:25]

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Takeover Confirmed on 11:21 - Jun 6 with 2007 viewsClinton

There's nothing to stop the majority stake being quickly sold on if they receive a decent offer. EG from the Chinese or someone.
So apart from lack of clarity on who are the ultimate stakeholders in the web of companies and cross-shareholdings behind Levein and Kaplan's interests; we could be sold on to almost anyone at any time.
Control has been lost with barely a whimper.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Takeover Confirmed on 11:37 - Jun 6 with 1971 viewsmagicdaps10

So by all accounts there was a Chinese consortium who were willing to offer more than the Americans

BUT

The board sold to the Americans because they believed they cared more for the clubs interests than the Chinese.

Yeah really!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Takeover Confirmed on 11:43 - Jun 6 with 1953 viewstrampie

Have the selling shareholders put something in place to try and protect the club for the future ?
They initially wanted to save the club, has anything changed ?, good luck on them getting an excellent return on their investment but could they still have had a great return and sold some shares cheaply to the trust to get the trust up to 25%, I've heard it said that the club would be less attractive to outside buyers if the trust had 25%, no idea if that is the case and considering the original goal of the shareholders would it be such an issue if the trust had been sold some shares at a cheap rate at one point in time and then outside buyers get sold the remaining shares at the market rate at a later date ?

Are some shares being retained so if things don't go as well as hoped with the new owners then perhaps some of the retained shares combined with the trusts shares could give a stronger voice than just the trusts shares ?

I think what the shareholders did for Swansea was fantastic but their legacy when people look back in say 20 or 30 years time is now on the line if there is no safe guards, if there is good on them.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Login to get fewer ads

Takeover Confirmed on 11:45 - Jun 6 with 1944 viewsUxbridge

Takeover Confirmed on 11:37 - Jun 6 by magicdaps10

So by all accounts there was a Chinese consortium who were willing to offer more than the Americans

BUT

The board sold to the Americans because they believed they cared more for the clubs interests than the Chinese.

Yeah really!

Where was this said?

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Takeover Confirmed on 11:54 - Jun 6 with 1924 viewsSwaneeRiver

Takeover Confirmed on 22:29 - Jun 5 by magicdaps10

I love this thread.

No one has a clue of what the americans are bringing and what their attentions are.

I am not to comfortable with it all but until they give their side of things and their intentions, until things start going wrong which we all dont want to happen then we have to give them the benefit of doubt.
Too many ego's on here saying that it is all going to end in tears and then others coming on here with their big financial and legal talk, the truth is that no one knows what will happen and none of us have looked at the legal documents.

None of us have any idea of what has happened and what will happen!

One of two things will certainly happen in the next few years :
1 - The mighty Swans will go from strength to strength, with better players and the expansion and purchase of the stadium we all hope for, together with a professional Commercial arm developing. The doubting Thomas's and the moaning Minnies, will disappear never to be hear of again.
2 - It will all blow up in the club's face, allowing said DT's and MM's to all delightly tell us all how they knew from the outset it was a bad thing and be smug in enjoying their moment of glory, whilst the club most of us love (some I'm not so sure of) goes down the Swanee.
We all have to believe that scenario 1 is the future, otherwise what's the point ?
Takeover Confirmed on 11:58 - Jun 6 with 1910 viewsmagicdaps10

Takeover Confirmed on 11:45 - Jun 6 by Uxbridge

Where was this said?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-citys-new-owne

Think its just a story to make them look good to the fans.

Takeover Confirmed on 11:59 - Jun 6 with 1905 viewscostalotta

Takeover Confirmed on 11:37 - Jun 6 by magicdaps10

BUT

Yeah really!

Really?

If that is the case then surely the Trust would also have the right to scrutinise these offers? Or at least there should have been some transparency? Its probably nothing more than press leaks or a means of deflecting from the real story?

Could the Trust sell their/our shares in the club to these chinese investors?

Something is not right with all of this thats for sure.
Takeover Confirmed on 12:07 - Jun 6 with 1886 viewsWatchman

Takeover Confirmed on 11:59 - Jun 6 by costalotta

Really?

If that is the case then surely the Trust would also have the right to scrutinise these offers? Or at least there should have been some transparency? Its probably nothing more than press leaks or a means of deflecting from the real story?

Could the Trust sell their/our shares in the club to these chinese investors?

Something is not right with all of this thats for sure.

guilty thoughts do strange things to some people! spin, brief whtever they want they are no longer believed by a big proportion of the fan base
if i was the new owner i would kick all the old board members off and work with HJ and the Trust only
I would discuss with the Trust ways of attracting and developing 'money' as it is in their best interests to do so

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Takeover Confirmed on 12:08 - Jun 6 with 1886 viewsDr_Winston

There was interest from China. Talks were held with the council too.

If I wasn't posting from my phone I'd dig out the thread where I mentioned it.

Edit....

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/169542/page:13/#342

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Takeover Confirmed on 13:10 - Jun 6 with 1748 viewsUxbridge

Takeover Confirmed on 11:58 - Jun 6 by magicdaps10

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-citys-new-owne

Think its just a story to make them look good to the fans.

Ha ha. Yeah, I'm sure they turned down more money on offer elsewhere.

Takeover Confirmed on 13:19 - Jun 6 with 1722 viewsmagicdaps10

Takeover Confirmed on 13:10 - Jun 6 by Uxbridge

And that article was written by a certain Mr Wathan.

I am not doubting that the Chinese were interested but the part that they turned down more money from them is laughable.

An obvious attempt to put some good light on the board members selling up.

Takeover Confirmed on 13:22 - Jun 6 with 1707 viewsUxbridge

Takeover Confirmed on 13:19 - Jun 6 by magicdaps10

And that article was written by a certain Mr Wathan.

I am not doubting that the Chinese were interested but the part that they turned down more money from them is laughable.

An obvious attempt to put some good light on the board members selling up.

I'm more than happy to accept the concept that there were deals out there we weren't aware of ... they kept the one that crossed over the line as quiet as they could for months.

However, the only Chinese interest we were aware of related to the stadium and the city, not the club. This may have translated into a stake in the club however that was not the focus.

Takeover Confirmed on 13:28 - Jun 6 with 1684 viewslondonlisa2001

Takeover Confirmed on 13:10 - Jun 6 by Uxbridge

People will fall for anything.

Think about it, those who are now taking this as 'fact'. The shareholders decided to turn down a larger offer from 'the Chinese' as they didn't think they would be as good for the club as 'people that are unknown'.

Lol.

As it happens, rumour has it that the so called ' Chinese interest' is in investment in the City of Swansea as a whole as part of the whole Swansea Bay regeneration plans not the football club.

Wales Online and the Post are outdoing themselves in the fawning. The Western Mail with stories of turning down mysterious offers, the Post running with 'big transfer plans' etc etc. Now if only the 'journalists' could find out where the money is coming from because at the moment it's hard for them to find an ar*e to shove their unquestioning heads up.
Takeover Confirmed on 13:29 - Jun 6 with 1682 viewstrampie

Takeover Confirmed on 12:08 - Jun 6 by Dr_Winston

There was interest from China. Talks were held with the council too.

If I wasn't posting from my phone I'd dig out the thread where I mentioned it.

Edit....

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/169542/page:13/#342

This post has been edited by an administrator

What were the talks with the council about ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Takeover Confirmed on 13:32 - Jun 6 with 1662 viewslondonlisa2001

Takeover Confirmed on 13:22 - Jun 6 by Uxbridge

I'm more than happy to accept the concept that there were deals out there we weren't aware of ... they kept the one that crossed over the line as quiet as they could for months.

However, the only Chinese interest we were aware of related to the stadium and the city, not the club. This may have translated into a stake in the club however that was not the focus.

Sorry - didn't see this before posting the same info re the Chinese.
Takeover Confirmed on 13:34 - Jun 6 with 1649 viewslondonlisa2001

Takeover Confirmed on 13:29 - Jun 6 by trampie

What were the talks with the council about ?

There is Chinese interest in the plans for redeveloping the city itself - not the same as the football club.
Takeover Confirmed on 13:37 - Jun 6 with 1629 viewsUxbridge

Takeover Confirmed on 13:32 - Jun 6 by londonlisa2001

Sorry - didn't see this before posting the same info re the Chinese.

Your post was much more detailed. As for the local press, they would make Pravda blush.

Takeover Confirmed on 13:41 - Jun 6 with 1608 viewstrampie

Takeover Confirmed on 13:34 - Jun 6 by londonlisa2001

There is Chinese interest in the plans for redeveloping the city itself - not the same as the football club.

That's interesting, what is/was the story ?, I haven't heard anything about it.

Takeover Confirmed on 13:43 - Jun 6 with 1601 viewsmagicdaps10

Everything that is being wrote in the press has no basis whatsoever, it all comes with (insert papers name) understands and so on.

One thing that cant be taken away from each party is that both parties have not said anything in detail too regards the takeover, so with this in mind we cannot rule out any individuals backing up Kaplan and Levien AND what sort of money will be pumped into team strengthening if any.

Everyone is surmising in hope that something they say/write comes to fruition.

Takeover Confirmed on 13:48 - Jun 6 with 1581 viewslondonlisa2001

Takeover Confirmed on 13:41 - Jun 6 by trampie

That's interesting, what is/was the story ?, I haven't heard anything about it.

it's what I've just said. Lots of Chinese money interested in the UK at the moment particularly around urban regeneration projects and often linked with developments in conjunction with universities.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024