Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
now Montero 11:51 - Aug 17 with 6090 viewsmidswan

to be offered new deal... http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-offer-jef

now Montero on 11:54 - Aug 17 with 5009 viewsDafyddHuw

"Montero is likely to compete with Mo Barrow for a first team place throughout this season"

Why? They're our best 2 wingers.
now Montero on 11:58 - Aug 17 with 4984 viewsandypitt56

now Montero on 11:54 - Aug 17 by DafyddHuw

"Montero is likely to compete with Mo Barrow for a first team place throughout this season"

I would love to see both of them play, but i don't think they will start together. we might as subs,. think it would expose us too much. i don't have enough confidence in Taylor or Naughton to be able to cope if both of them play. I just cant see Guidolin being that aggressive.
now Montero on 12:02 - Aug 17 with 4952 viewspencoedjack

now Montero on 11:58 - Aug 17 by andypitt56

I would love to see both of them play, but i don't think they will start together. we might as subs,. think it would expose us too much. i don't have enough confidence in Taylor or Naughton to be able to cope if both of them play. I just cant see Guidolin being that aggressive.

I'd start them both Saturday ..... I wouldn't worry about Taylor, Kingsley is holding that full back spot at the moment .

I hope Frankie unleashes the pair of them .... Fortune favours the brave
now Montero on 12:03 - Aug 17 with 4951 viewsdeanscfc

now Montero on 11:58 - Aug 17 by andypitt56

Which is exactly why we needed to upgrade our fullbacks. It weakens our whole gameplan. Hopefully Kingsley can come on a bit because Taylor isn't strong enough for us anymore.
now Montero on 12:07 - Aug 17 with 4930 viewsZut_Alors

Can see Taylor getting the LB spot back, but for now the position is Kingsley's to lose.

I'd love to see Barrow and Montero start, though. Think they'd rip apart Hull's defence.
now Montero on 12:13 - Aug 17 with 4902 viewsDarran

now Montero on 12:03 - Aug 17 by deanscfc

Which is exactly why we needed to upgrade our fullbacks. It weakens our whole gameplan. Hopefully Kingsley can come on a bit because Taylor isn't strong enough for us anymore.

You don't rate Taylor Dean?

F*cking hell you should have said mun.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

now Montero on 12:15 - Aug 17 with 4897 viewstomdickharry

Looked to me when he came on at Burnley that he had added some muscle to his frame but lost no pace,his defensive qualities have improved under Guido and the offer of a new deal should give him added confidence. No time like Saturday to start both Barrow and Montero,if it works fine if not, a question has been answered.
now Montero on 12:15 - Aug 17 with 4897 viewsmonmouth

Good - it shows him he's a valued asset. They might both be first choice when they learn to play Franny's game and add consistency and discipline perhaps. Although fresh against tiring defenders could be devastating.

Although Routs obviously has something that appeals a lot to people that know anything about football, given that he has been one of the most frequent starters for Laudrup, Monk, Curt and Guidolin in all their different approaches.

I like Routs.

We have a good balance now overall. I think it's going to be a good season.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

now Montero on 12:38 - Aug 17 with 4766 viewsItchySphincter

Good news.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

now Montero on 12:39 - Aug 17 with 4756 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The fact that Montero is predominantly a left winger and Barrow is predominantly a right, but does play on both, I can't see them as really being in competition.
now Montero on 12:45 - Aug 17 with 4727 viewsStarsky

now Montero on 12:13 - Aug 17 by Darran

I gotta see Jayne

It's just the internet, init.

now Montero on 12:55 - Aug 17 with 4657 viewsEasternJack

now Montero on 12:15 - Aug 17 by tomdickharry

Looked to me when he came on at Burnley that he had added some muscle to his frame but lost no pace,his defensive qualities have improved under Guido and the offer of a new deal should give him added confidence. No time like Saturday to start both Barrow and Montero,if it works fine if not, a question has been answered.

I personally think Montero is a different class to Mo - not that I think that Mo won't get there. Just needs some development (and stop ball-watching!)

Delighted with this news on Montero. There's a temptation to start him - and he did well last year when he was on from the start in the early games, however he definitely has greater contribution rates when he comes on as a sub.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

now Montero on 13:05 - Aug 17 with 4606 viewsDarran

now Montero on 12:45 - Aug 17 by Starsky

I gotta see Jayne

I'll give that 2/10 for effort.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

now Montero on 13:18 - Aug 17 with 4544 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Great news , play him all the time , he takes us 20 yards further up the pitch .

Get it done before someone comes in and takes him away , he's no bit part super sub .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

now Montero on 13:42 - Aug 17 with 4474 viewsmidswan

now Montero on 12:15 - Aug 17 by monmouth

Good - it shows him he's a valued asset. They might both be first choice when they learn to play Franny's game and add consistency and discipline perhaps. Although fresh against tiring defenders could be devastating.

Although Routs obviously has something that appeals a lot to people that know anything about football, given that he has been one of the most frequent starters for Laudrup, Monk, Curt and Guidolin in all their different approaches.

I like Routs.

We have a good balance now overall. I think it's going to be a good season.

shush now....
now Montero on 14:54 - Aug 17 with 4325 viewsswanjackal

now Montero on 12:13 - Aug 17 by Darran

Nowt wrong with her, mun!....

[Post edited 17 Aug 2016 15:03]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

now Montero on 15:20 - Aug 17 with 4255 viewsjack247

now Montero on 11:54 - Aug 17 by DafyddHuw

Because we aren't going to play a gung-ho, you score three we score four type of game. In sure there will be situations when we want them both on the pitch, as there will with Llorente and Baston, but I wouldn't expect them both to start that often.

Having said that, if we were looking at playing them both, Hull at home is probably the perfect opportunity.
now Montero on 15:23 - Aug 17 with 4233 viewsjackal

I hope he takes it.

Be gutted to lose him. Unstoppable on his day.
now Montero on 15:28 - Aug 17 with 4204 viewsjack247

now Montero on 15:23 - Aug 17 by jackal

I hope he takes it.

Be gutted to lose him. Unstoppable on his day.

I've been a big critic, but he does have unbelievable potential. He looks like a gifted player that has never been properly coached, just told to use his natural pace and trickery to beat his man, get down the wing and get a cross in.

If Guidolin can coach a bit more awareness and nous into his game, he could be top class.
now Montero on 15:35 - Aug 17 with 4175 viewsDafyddHuw

now Montero on 15:20 - Aug 17 by jack247

Because we aren't going to play a gung-ho, you score three we score four type of game. In sure there will be situations when we want them both on the pitch, as there will with Llorente and Baston, but I wouldn't expect them both to start that often.

Having said that, if we were looking at playing them both, Hull at home is probably the perfect opportunity.

i hear what you're saying, but......it's Hull ffs. If we can't come out of our shell at home to a newly promoted team, then when do we ever?
now Montero on 15:39 - Aug 17 with 4159 viewsjack247

now Montero on 15:35 - Aug 17 by DafyddHuw

i hear what you're saying, but......it's Hull ffs. If we can't come out of our shell at home to a newly promoted team, then when do we ever?

Don't disagree with that. I'm a big Routledge fan but wouldn't be too disappointed to see those two start Saturday. Over the course of the season and against Hull at home are two different things though.
now Montero on 15:46 - Aug 17 with 4136 viewsPozuelosSideys

Montero needs to improve his decision making. When to run, when to pass. No need to beat his man 4 times and then get boxed in. Just lay it inside and make a move.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

N/A. on 16:13 - Aug 17 with 4068 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 0:46]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

now Montero on 16:28 - Aug 17 with 4014 viewsJango

There's no reason we can't play both montero and barrow at the same time. Saying Routledge or dyer are better defensively is nonsense. Best form of defense is attack and with barrow and montero the opposition full backs are forced to sit deeper. dyer and Routledge give the opposition full backs an easy ride compared
now Montero on 16:40 - Aug 17 with 3972 viewsjack247

now Montero on 16:28 - Aug 17 by Jango

There's no reason we can't play both montero and barrow at the same time. Saying Routledge or dyer are better defensively is nonsense. Best form of defense is attack and with barrow and montero the opposition full backs are forced to sit deeper. dyer and Routledge give the opposition full backs an easy ride compared

Best form of defence is attack is the kind of cliche you'd hear in a cheesy film about Anerican football. It's not true at all.

No reason we can't play them both if that's the way we want to play, but it probably means dropping Gylfi or reducing him to being a workhorse deeper in midfield and playing Llorente and Baston. Basically old school 442. They are perfect wingers for that. Gylfi is ineffective without players to link with and we would need a deeper midfield to help cover the fullbacks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024