Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today's Game.. 18:14 - Sep 11 with 6654 viewsblaine_scfc

Just a few of my thoughts:

Fernandez completely shot, Fabianski didn't do him no favours for the first goal but he just looks down on confidence. I fancy seeing Mawson have a go, I got a good feeling about the lad.

Not got full backs suited to 3-5-2, fair play to Guido making the change before half time, had to happen. Taylor shouldn't be in the side, not enough quality.

Llorente did ok. We literally give our strikers zero help, it's an unbelievably hard task. We MUST play wingers, Montero and Barrow, attack is the best form of defence. We haven't got a clean sheet in us when we are sitting back.

Was a battling performance and you can't fault the lads attitude, but to be honest we couldn't have complained if we lost 4/5 - 2 today. Chelsea were very, very sharp.

A lot of improvement needed.
Today's Game.. on 22:09 - Sep 11 with 1018 viewsraynor94

Today's Game.. on 21:55 - Sep 11 by GeoffThom

SO!! Bet you didn't have that attitude when we played them in the semi ,I don't give a rats arse if it's Barca ,if your attitude is but its Chelsea or Utd we may as well feck off back to the old fourth div or not even turn up ,get into them and every game use as a cup tie ,feckin but it's Chelsea

So you don't think Chelsea have a much stronger squad than us? a lot of teams would have crumbled under that pressure today, a little bit of perspective is needed here

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Today's Game.. on 22:09 - Sep 11 with 1018 viewscostalotta

Today's Game.. on 22:07 - Sep 11 by Oldjack

i agree ,but sitting back all game, playing far to deep and relying on a massive doses of lady luck is not the way forward even for little old us ,we've not ever played like this in the prem before

In what way we're lucky today? Did that luck outweigh any luck that Chelsea may have the recipient of?
Today's Game.. on 22:09 - Sep 11 with 1018 viewsGeoffThom

Today's Game.. on 22:00 - Sep 11 by shandyjack

any point against Chelsea,Man utd,City,Arsenal,Spurs,Liverpool is a good point.

It is ,but don't go about the game with but its a big boy we've beaten them before and we'll do it again
Today's Game.. on 22:10 - Sep 11 with 1014 viewsmagicdaps10

Football is fickle!

Park the bus and you will probably lose games more than you win, for every game you win then there will be atleast one where you lose.

I want my team to go out and try and win a game, its the same shit as above in that for one game you win then you will lose in another.

I come across to some on here as being negative towards my club both on and off the field when all i want is for them to be positive on and off it.............strange that!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Today's Game.. on 22:11 - Sep 11 with 1005 viewsGeoffThom

Today's Game.. on 22:09 - Sep 11 by raynor94

So you don't think Chelsea have a much stronger squad than us? a lot of teams would have crumbled under that pressure today, a little bit of perspective is needed here

So what ! it doesn't mean you roll over and let them win does it ,how that for perspective ?
Today's Game.. on 22:13 - Sep 11 with 996 viewsDarran

Today's Game.. on 22:10 - Sep 11 by magicdaps10

Football is fickle!

Park the bus and you will probably lose games more than you win, for every game you win then there will be atleast one where you lose.

I want my team to go out and try and win a game, its the same shit as above in that for one game you win then you will lose in another.

I come across to some on here as being negative towards my club both on and off the field when all i want is for them to be positive on and off it.............strange that!

If we'd gone into today's trying to win it we wouldn't have come away with a point FFS.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Today's Game.. on 22:13 - Sep 11 with 996 viewsraynor94

Today's Game.. on 22:11 - Sep 11 by GeoffThom

So what ! it doesn't mean you roll over and let them win does it ,how that for perspective ?

Did we roll over and let them win? I must have missed the game today

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Today's Game.. on 22:13 - Sep 11 with 995 viewsJackfath

I think the point many are unable to grasp is that the previous games we've played this season we've been poor. If we had gone all out to attack Chelsea on the basis we've beaten them before given our previous poor form, we would have been absolutely battered.

Mr Guidolin tried another system, it didn't work so he altered it. We got some luck. We could have, they could have had a player or two sent off. We and they didn't. The result was a 2-2 draw which gives us a much needed point and confidence boost.

Clearly there are issues which I am positive the manager and his team as well as the players will work hard at to rectify.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Login to get fewer ads

Today's Game.. on 22:15 - Sep 11 with 990 viewsshandyjack

only time i've seen us do that in the PL was under Laudrup

Poll: Expectation for the season

Today's Game.. on 22:17 - Sep 11 with 979 viewscostalotta

We didn't though. The fact is we tried something, we conceded, we changed it! And got a result. Do you remember the hiding they gave us 2 years ago. Remember the heads dropping? We turned it around today and nearly won it. That's a big thumbs up from me. You can think whatever you want.
Today's Game.. on 22:18 - Sep 11 with 969 viewsOldjack

Today's Game.. on 22:13 - Sep 11 by Darran

If we'd gone into today's trying to win it we wouldn't have come away with a point FFS.

hindsight is a wonderful gift init, dopey

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Today's Game.. on 22:24 - Sep 11 with 951 viewsGeoffThom

Today's Game.. on 22:13 - Sep 11 by raynor94

Did we roll over and let them win? I must have missed the game today

By some of your reasoning there was no point in going
Today's Game.. on 22:29 - Sep 11 with 937 viewsGeoffThom

Today's Game.. on 22:13 - Sep 11 by Jackfath

I think the point many are unable to grasp is that the previous games we've played this season we've been poor. If we had gone all out to attack Chelsea on the basis we've beaten them before given our previous poor form, we would have been absolutely battered.

Mr Guidolin tried another system, it didn't work so he altered it. We got some luck. We could have, they could have had a player or two sent off. We and they didn't. The result was a 2-2 draw which gives us a much needed point and confidence boost.

Clearly there are issues which I am positive the manager and his team as well as the players will work hard at to rectify.

Every game is technically a fresh start but the side he set up with today was never going to succeed and was negative to say the least ,he had no choice once they scored but to change it as that idea went pear shape ,yes we were lucky but I'd rather go down fighting than just succumb because they are a so called big club ,feck that !!
Today's Game.. on 22:30 - Sep 11 with 932 viewsJackfath

Today's Game.. on 22:29 - Sep 11 by GeoffThom

Every game is technically a fresh start but the side he set up with today was never going to succeed and was negative to say the least ,he had no choice once they scored but to change it as that idea went pear shape ,yes we were lucky but I'd rather go down fighting than just succumb because they are a so called big club ,feck that !!

We didn't succumb though. We gained a point.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Today's Game.. on 22:31 - Sep 11 with 929 viewscostalotta

Today's Game.. on 22:29 - Sep 11 by GeoffThom

But we didn't, we were fighting and scrapping. We got a deserved point.
Today's Game.. on 22:35 - Sep 11 with 922 viewsGeoffThom

Today's Game.. on 22:31 - Sep 11 by costalotta

But we didn't, we were fighting and scrapping. We got a deserved point.

Hang on let me try and understand you ,are you agreeing with me or trying to argue with me 😕
Today's Game.. on 22:47 - Sep 11 with 894 viewstrampie

When Chelsea equalised was it Ivanovic of all people that was deep in our penalty area ?then he did one of our players virtually in the six yard box, who did he do ?, he is probably their most unskilful player, was it young Kingsley he got round ?
It was poor defending who ever it was.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Today's Game.. on 08:56 - Sep 12 with 771 viewsmagicdaps10

Today's Game.. on 22:13 - Sep 11 by Darran

Fook me pink!!!!

1-0 down at half time in a half we tried to contain them! Second half we come out and have a go and finish the game 2-2.

What a fooking stupid statement to make.

Today's Game.. on 09:05 - Sep 12 with 763 viewsmagicdaps10

Jesus fooking wept, there are some beauts on this site!!!

Telling people they dont know shit but then have the gall to say we would have lost if we went out to try and win..................be positive you say, well going out to win is positive is it not?!!?

Some of you think you are mystic meg!!

Today's Game.. on 22:19 - Sep 12 with 700 viewscostalotta

Today's Game.. on 22:35 - Sep 11 by GeoffThom

Hang on let me try and understand you ,are you agreeing with me or trying to argue with me 😕

Neither actually. I just don't agree with part of your argument that we didn't try and win. I would like to think that we've never not tried to win a match we've participated in.

Eek, sorry about the mistake, edited now .
[Post edited 12 Sep 2016 22:21]
Today's Game.. on 22:32 - Sep 12 with 685 viewsjack247

Today's Game.. on 09:05 - Sep 12 by magicdaps10

Telling people they dont know shit but then have the gall to say we would have lost if we went out to try and win..................be positive you say, well going out to win is positive is it not?!!?

If by going out to win, you mean starting the two flying wingers, it's a recipe for a battering. It's gung-ho, will probably work sometimes, but fail far more often. That's why we never do it.

On the other side of the coin, there is being sensible and there is being negative. We started too negatively yesterday. Guidolin cocked up. In all fairness, he realised we were never going to score and put his mistake right.
Today's Game.. on 22:39 - Sep 12 with 671 viewsPrivate_Partz

Today's Game.. on 09:05 - Sep 12 by magicdaps10

I honestly think had we stood toe to toe with them we would have lost 1 - 5. we set out to contain initially then try and hit them late on. it nearly worked as well.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024