Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... 11:13 - Nov 1 with 13226 viewsTheResurrection

And the resignation of Jenkins and to get a full understanding of the strategy on survival.

Call a meeting with your members if you feel you need to do this officially or just make a public statement to this affect and take it to the press.

The time has come now to show our strength and to make it clear that not only are we a significant shareholder but we're also many thousands of lifelong supporters.

No more pussy footing around. Do this before the next meeting with them.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 14:40 - Nov 1 with 1341 viewsWingstandwood

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 13:59 - Nov 1 by max936

I honestly can't see that meeting being a productive one, they'll just say most of the right things and then not act on them, its as obvious as the nose on our faces, I think the OP is spot on, on this one, Jenkins and his gang have got to go and go now!!!

And get someone to take the computer off JVZ to stop him making pathetic and stupid Tweets the guy is an embarrassment and seems intent on winding us Fans up.

Van Zweden's atrocious Tweets and disrespect are nothing more than a final 'Death-Rattle' from someone whom will go down in SCFC/SCST history books as being far, far, far worse than the like of Tony Petty.

Van Zweden, others and their names will have an eternal epitaph and page in SCFC history books that will bring nothing but complete and utter revulsion. I reckon that's why he is so spitefully lashing out. He knows the party is over!

Argus!

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 14:41 - Nov 1 with 1333 viewsE20Jack

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 14:40 - Nov 1 by Wingstandwood

Van Zweden's atrocious Tweets and disrespect are nothing more than a final 'Death-Rattle' from someone whom will go down in SCFC/SCST history books as being far, far, far worse than the like of Tony Petty.

Van Zweden, others and their names will have an eternal epitaph and page in SCFC history books that will bring nothing but complete and utter revulsion. I reckon that's why he is so spitefully lashing out. He knows the party is over!

If only that were true. Its the way it should be, but sadly not enough of the fanbase are familiar with the details.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 14:43 - Nov 1 with 1327 viewsUxbridge

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 14:30 - Nov 1 by londonlisa2001

To be fair, what we can say on a public forum and what the Trust board can say are two very different things.

Just because the Trust aren't publicising their every move on here doesn't mean that they are not doing things in private.

And sometimes these things take a bit of time. Let's see how the next couple of weeks pan out before blaming them for not acting.

Well, quite. I thought that distinction was blindingly obvious, but thanks for pointing it out.

Like I said earlier, we'll see where we are after this weekend.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 14:45 - Nov 1 with 1317 viewsWingstandwood

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 14:41 - Nov 1 by E20Jack

If only that were true. Its the way it should be, but sadly not enough of the fanbase are familiar with the details.

it's a certain section of fanbase of type that rallied around during the Petty era that I was specifically referring to i.e. the last ones you should ever betray or offend..........Because THEY are the very heart and soul of the club and always will be!

Argus!

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 14:50 - Nov 1 with 1279 viewslondonlisa2001

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 14:39 - Nov 1 by Uxbridge

I'm far from convinced (a) and (b) are as cut and dried as all that, and also I slightly disagree on the absoluteness of the protections of the companies act .. value is subjective and variable. Again, we get into the legals.

Anyway, obviously I can't discuss negotiating strategy on here, however your penultimate paragraph outlines things perfectly in my eyes. They either see the value of the Trust, in which case they'll want to work with us in ensuring our position (both now and in the future), or they will not. However, I do not see things that are necessarily impossible - protection of the stake may not necessarily mean non-dilution so long as at a fair value, as you say the value of the asset would not change under those circumstances. Maybe the vetoes will be an issue, however without significant input into such important decisions there's little value of being there. As you say, two directors with little input isn't any different from one.

I guess that my position is one of a fairly deep cynicism that they want to do anything other than pay lip service.

Them changing the articles points in that direction, as does them getting 75% voting rights and refusing to agree to non dilution (if I'm remembering that correctly from last week's statement).

However, it is possible, though unlikely, that they will care rather more about the PR aspects than they seem to at present, in which case they may be more amenable. I've already alluded in another post to you needing to keep things more private than everyone would ideally want.
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 14:50 - Nov 1 with 1278 viewscostalotta

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 14:43 - Nov 1 by Uxbridge

Well, quite. I thought that distinction was blindingly obvious, but thanks for pointing it out.

Like I said earlier, we'll see where we are after this weekend.

Ah ha. What distinction would that be then?

Is that the same as "other" weekends?

There are lots of things which are obvious here and in the recent history of our Trust! Ux, it's shame you only see one!
[Post edited 1 Nov 2016 14:51]
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 14:53 - Nov 1 with 1258 viewsUxbridge

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 14:50 - Nov 1 by londonlisa2001

I guess that my position is one of a fairly deep cynicism that they want to do anything other than pay lip service.

Them changing the articles points in that direction, as does them getting 75% voting rights and refusing to agree to non dilution (if I'm remembering that correctly from last week's statement).

However, it is possible, though unlikely, that they will care rather more about the PR aspects than they seem to at present, in which case they may be more amenable. I've already alluded in another post to you needing to keep things more private than everyone would ideally want.

I can't argue with a single word of that.

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 14:53 - Nov 1 with 1254 views3swan

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 13:59 - Nov 1 by max936

I honestly can't see that meeting being a productive one, they'll just say most of the right things and then not act on them, its as obvious as the nose on our faces, I think the OP is spot on, on this one, Jenkins and his gang have got to go and go now!!!

And get someone to take the computer off JVZ to stop him making pathetic and stupid Tweets the guy is an embarrassment and seems intent on winding us Fans up.

In all honesty I can't see it being productive, but the Trust has to be seen as giving dialogue one last go.

I would hope whoever is there for the Trust looks more at body language and what might NOT be said than just what the new board has to say
Login to get fewer ads

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 14:57 - Nov 1 with 1242 viewsNeiltheTaylor

If one of the majority owners' aims is to buy the stadium (the new COO's resume would suggest some expertise in this) the Trust could be very awkward in them getting that deal done.

The Trust wouldn't necessarily be against it if protections were in place...

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 14:58 - Nov 1 with 1235 viewsUxbridge

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 14:50 - Nov 1 by costalotta

Ah ha. What distinction would that be then?

Is that the same as "other" weekends?

There are lots of things which are obvious here and in the recent history of our Trust! Ux, it's shame you only see one!
[Post edited 1 Nov 2016 14:51]

Well, this will be the first weekend that there have been discussions between the Trust and the owners since the publication of the Trust address and the appointment of the COO. I am merely suggesting it would be prudent to see if the landscape has changed any since that, the downward spiral on the pitch and an increasingly belligerent fanbase. We shall see.

There are lots of things that are obvious. Not all of them are actual facts though, despite them being seemingly obvious.

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 14:59 - Nov 1 with 1227 viewsNOTRAC

The Trust alone cannot save the club from relegation.
The Trust has to take the opportunity this weekend to establish whether or not they can form a relationship with the new owners.
Part of this new relationship must involve the cessation of Jenkins as M.D.Obviously after what has happened it would be hypocritical and unacceptable to work with him in the future.
To save us from relegation we must reach ,in my opinion, at least seventeen points by the end of December.This is possible if we pick the right team from our current squad of players, as our fixtures in December ,particularly at home, are a lot easier than those to date.
In the short term the Trust must emphasise the importance of once again involving Alan Curtis as right hand man to our new manager.His experience proved vital last year and should be used again.How to persuade the new owners and Bradley to accept this without them losing face will be critical.
Also the Trust must persuade the new owners to immediately look for those players who would strengthen our squad in January.Plans must not be left too late.Under no circumstances should Jenkins be allowed anywhere near this issue.Even if they do not want to risk any more of their own money, there is still the additional £40m of TV money to use.
It must be explained to them that this season must now only be one of survival.The time to discuss commercial revenues and ground purchase must be left on the table for the present.
Also the Trust must explore with them the worst scenario of relegation.Would they look to immediately get their money back? The Trust need to know their intentions on this issue to plan accordingly.
Therefore in my opinion the Trusts meeting this weekend with the new owners is essential.
Hopefully a new respect can be established between the two parties for the future good of Swansea City football club.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2016 15:03]

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 15:02 - Nov 1 with 1206 viewscostalotta

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 14:58 - Nov 1 by Uxbridge

Well, this will be the first weekend that there have been discussions between the Trust and the owners since the publication of the Trust address and the appointment of the COO. I am merely suggesting it would be prudent to see if the landscape has changed any since that, the downward spiral on the pitch and an increasingly belligerent fanbase. We shall see.

There are lots of things that are obvious. Not all of them are actual facts though, despite them being seemingly obvious.

Reference to "weekends" was a metaphor! Surely you seen that as it was obvious!

It seems that it's always about seeing what happens next or what they do next with you though Ux. How much bloody time do you want? And I'm not talking about statements I'm talking about action! It's action that will get more than about 1300 fans behind us. That's obvious isn't it?
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 15:03 - Nov 1 with 1196 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I think the Trust calling for Jenkins to be sacked could potentially weaken its position, so would have to be thought about very carefully.

Jenkins going has to be 'their' decision.

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 15:05 - Nov 1 with 1190 viewsLoyal

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 15:03 - Nov 1 by NeiltheTaylor

I think the Trust calling for Jenkins to be sacked could potentially weaken its position, so would have to be thought about very carefully.

Jenkins going has to be 'their' decision.

A vote of no confidence in Jenkins has to be on the agenda.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 15:07 - Nov 1 with 1170 viewsUxbridge

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 15:02 - Nov 1 by costalotta

Reference to "weekends" was a metaphor! Surely you seen that as it was obvious!

It seems that it's always about seeing what happens next or what they do next with you though Ux. How much bloody time do you want? And I'm not talking about statements I'm talking about action! It's action that will get more than about 1300 fans behind us. That's obvious isn't it?

Let's do something. Anything. Doesn't matter what or why, let's just do it.

Yeah. No.

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 15:08 - Nov 1 with 1166 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 15:05 - Nov 1 by Loyal

A vote of no confidence in Jenkins has to be on the agenda.

A call for his bosses on the board to vote could be an option, but if he's kept on it could strengthen them and his position.

I suspect he is on his way out anyway, so why not remain publicly agnostic on it?

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 15:19 - Nov 1 with 1119 viewscostalotta

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 15:07 - Nov 1 by Uxbridge

Let's do something. Anything. Doesn't matter what or why, let's just do it.

Yeah. No.

Haha.

Er, no. That should be obvious Ux. Your stabbing in the dark now!

Where has anyone said that? This is what I don't get... when I or some others On here try and discuss with you, if you disagree or are forced to try and compute outside of the box we you resort to posts like you just posted.
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 15:22 - Nov 1 with 1107 viewsUxbridge

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 15:19 - Nov 1 by costalotta

Haha.

Er, no. That should be obvious Ux. Your stabbing in the dark now!

Where has anyone said that? This is what I don't get... when I or some others On here try and discuss with you, if you disagree or are forced to try and compute outside of the box we you resort to posts like you just posted.

It's best I don't respond or point out the irony there.

Anyway, all views welcome. As is, I hope, my ability to disagree. As Chris said at the start, this all comes down to opinions on the best way to tackle things.

And on that note, I shall bow out for the evening. Things not to do, people not to see (sorry, couldn't resist, but I need to keep my sense of humour up somehow )
[Post edited 1 Nov 2016 15:24]

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 15:25 - Nov 1 with 1091 viewscostalotta

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 15:22 - Nov 1 by Uxbridge

It's best I don't respond or point out the irony there.

Anyway, all views welcome. As is, I hope, my ability to disagree. As Chris said at the start, this all comes down to opinions on the best way to tackle things.

And on that note, I shall bow out for the evening. Things not to do, people not to see (sorry, couldn't resist, but I need to keep my sense of humour up somehow )
[Post edited 1 Nov 2016 15:24]

And that would be the 'management' training kicking in ! I also think it's best you don't respond cos you need to start again.
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 15:32 - Nov 1 with 1061 viewsmonmouth

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 15:08 - Nov 1 by NeiltheTaylor

A call for his bosses on the board to vote could be an option, but if he's kept on it could strengthen them and his position.

I suspect he is on his way out anyway, so why not remain publicly agnostic on it?

That's fair. I can absolutely see that powder should be kept dry until the 'post-statement' and 'post-COO' position is confirmed. Or at least I can if I can manage to stop the red mist decending. The future position is more important than revenge. The power or otherwise of the mythical S/H agreement and its past use probably links both anyway.

What is obvious is that the Americans had no appetite at all to work with the Trust based on actions to date, so something new has to be in the mix that is legally watertight before any agreement can be struck, or they can just be expected to renege or look for loopholes at the first opportunity.

I find it hard to see how this square can be circled to suit both parties in any event and I'm expecting a load of old cobblers from the Americans, but there we go. I believe they'll be thinking the Trust will be easy to be manipulated, disarmed and sidelined. You can just imagine their conversations with their new COO. I'm just glad that there are people willing to take it on and give it one more shot. I wish you all the best.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2016 15:34]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 15:43 - Nov 1 with 1029 viewsDarran

This would have been a great thread if the OP hadn't demanded something from the Trust then admitted a few posts later that he's not even a member.

F*cking pissing myself here.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 16:02 - Nov 1 with 971 viewsMoscowJack

I think HJ's on the edge at the moment. I'm not sure who wants him out more:

1. The Trust, for many reasons (including the sale of the club, last 6 transfer windows and his current failings).

2. The Americans, for the main reasons that he's majorly responsible not just for getting us to the PL but for getting us into this mess at the moment.....and maybe telling porkies when prostituting the club to them.

3. Huw himself ! He's been paid his windfall, been paid salaries and bonuses for years and is probably not looking forward to the sh!t that's coming his way. PLUS, he'll even be thinking of a juicy pay-off. Lots of reasons for him to want to leave.

If the Trust openly and publicly push for HJ to leave, I think it leaves them exposed. HJ could leave and then the Americans can blame the Trust for everything else that goes wrong after the point. It's a tough one but I know there are some excellent brains on the Trust Board (I wish Lisa's was too) who'll have given this a lot of thought.

Finally, I wouldn't trust one word the Americans say at the weekend. They are superb at grinning, nodding and telling you what you want to hear, but I wouldn't trust a word. Not meeting them is obviously not an option so I hope those that attend the meeting (and I wouldn't turn up short-handed either) have a good plan and some tough deadlines prepared. I know this might sound stupid to some, but I hope the Trust representatives in that meeting treat it as a meeting too and don't turn up in jeans and jumpers. It's time to suit-up, waltz in and take the club back!
[Post edited 1 Nov 2016 16:03]

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 16:07 - Nov 1 with 947 viewscockneyswan

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 15:43 - Nov 1 by Darran

This would have been a great thread if the OP hadn't demanded something from the Trust then admitted a few posts later that he's not even a member.

F*cking pissing myself here.

Well I am a member and I totally agree with him. I wondered how long it would be before you tried to derail this constructive debate, I bet you're looking forward to cheering your beloved united at the weekend!
So just F off is it 😡
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 16:07 - Nov 1 with 945 viewsNookiejack

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 14:39 - Nov 1 by Uxbridge

I'm far from convinced (a) and (b) are as cut and dried as all that, and also I slightly disagree on the absoluteness of the protections of the companies act .. value is subjective and variable. Again, we get into the legals.

Anyway, obviously I can't discuss negotiating strategy on here, however your penultimate paragraph outlines things perfectly in my eyes. They either see the value of the Trust, in which case they'll want to work with us in ensuring our position (both now and in the future), or they will not. However, I do not see things that are necessarily impossible - protection of the stake may not necessarily mean non-dilution so long as at a fair value, as you say the value of the asset would not change under those circumstances. Maybe the vetoes will be an issue, however without significant input into such important decisions there's little value of being there. As you say, two directors with little input isn't any different from one.

Yes vetoes are needed to avoid 'Stan Kroenke' type management fees - lots of Americans now employed by the club - so potential for Trust to lose a lot of value if these management fees become significant.

Interesting what benefits the Yanks will perceive of working with Trust if:-

(a) can't take on debt.
(b) can't extract money through dividends - Trust will naturally want to keep money on club.
(c) straight jacketed with respect to key management decisions

Trust just seems a distraction from them pursuing their investment strategy.
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 16:18 - Nov 1 with 914 viewscostalotta

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 16:02 - Nov 1 by MoscowJack

I think HJ's on the edge at the moment. I'm not sure who wants him out more:

1. The Trust, for many reasons (including the sale of the club, last 6 transfer windows and his current failings).

2. The Americans, for the main reasons that he's majorly responsible not just for getting us to the PL but for getting us into this mess at the moment.....and maybe telling porkies when prostituting the club to them.

3. Huw himself ! He's been paid his windfall, been paid salaries and bonuses for years and is probably not looking forward to the sh!t that's coming his way. PLUS, he'll even be thinking of a juicy pay-off. Lots of reasons for him to want to leave.

If the Trust openly and publicly push for HJ to leave, I think it leaves them exposed. HJ could leave and then the Americans can blame the Trust for everything else that goes wrong after the point. It's a tough one but I know there are some excellent brains on the Trust Board (I wish Lisa's was too) who'll have given this a lot of thought.

Finally, I wouldn't trust one word the Americans say at the weekend. They are superb at grinning, nodding and telling you what you want to hear, but I wouldn't trust a word. Not meeting them is obviously not an option so I hope those that attend the meeting (and I wouldn't turn up short-handed either) have a good plan and some tough deadlines prepared. I know this might sound stupid to some, but I hope the Trust representatives in that meeting treat it as a meeting too and don't turn up in jeans and jumpers. It's time to suit-up, waltz in and take the club back!
[Post edited 1 Nov 2016 16:03]

Who cares whether it's 1,2 ,3 or 4 (not numbered in your post).

You've always spoken sence when I've read your posts over the years and I do agree with the comment about Lisa too. But I don't agree with your comment about brains on the board.

Regarding the Americans I'm not sure their interested in the Trust at the moment. Why? Well, that's obvious! We are being ripped apart which was started by the ex board and now doing a good job without outside help. Wounds are open, mistakes made but to unite the fans behind a cause it has to come with a clean slate and a Trust they can trust and believe in. Go on ask yours of... do you believe right now?

Someon mentioned on an unrelated thread about Huw's transfer policy and rinse and repeat. Well, there's there thing. That's what seems to be going on with the current set up. Rinse and repeat and hope persuades what's Left of the Membership! I've just got off the phone a mate. He's not local but at every match as far back as I can remember. A staunch Trust member. We were discussing this and a couple,of other threads. And whilst we both trust is needed now more than ever it's unlikely that we will join when our membership is up unless the changes happen. It is what it is but I want something I can believe in, feel part of, get my kids to join sing the praises of etc etc. And at a time when we needed to whiter than white and the strength, nerve and belief instead we have this!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024