Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Middlesborough on Saturday 13:48 - Dec 12 with 3449 viewsQJumpingJack

Why don't the club offer free travel / free buses to those going on Saturday. I understand there are less than 300 tickets sold.

It would be a fantastic touch for all the crap we have to put up with since July on and off the pitch.
Middlesborough on Saturday on 14:32 - Dec 12 with 2623 viewsswancity

Yes and provide everyone with a nice packed lunch full of goodies like mince pies and things. And a voucher to spend at the closing down sale at B&Q in Gorseinon as well as some scarves and bobble hats for the trip.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Middlesborough on Saturday on 14:46 - Dec 12 with 2592 viewsE20Jack

I think it is a pretty decent suggestion. In what is a vital game that has come at the most expensive time of the year for families, not many will be making the long return trip. This may encourage more ticket sales and be a cheap PR move for club/fan relations, an area that has been an absolute disaster so far this season. Don't the club get 250k from the FA every season for this sort of thing anyway? What would 15 coaches cost? 10 grand? I think anything to encourage more support up there is a welcome move.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Middlesborough on Saturday on 14:58 - Dec 12 with 2568 viewsLeonWasGod

Middlesborough on Saturday on 14:32 - Dec 12 by swancity

Yes and provide everyone with a nice packed lunch full of goodies like mince pies and things. And a voucher to spend at the closing down sale at B&Q in Gorseinon as well as some scarves and bobble hats for the trip.

Now you're talking
Middlesborough on Saturday on 15:19 - Dec 12 with 2514 viewsLoyal

St Pauli away game.
Free train travel.
Hot dogs and chips.
Ticket 4 euros.
Just saying.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Middlesborough on Saturday on 15:26 - Dec 12 with 2488 viewsQJumpingJack

3 or 4 free buses to Boro would be a quick/easy PR win for the "new" board.

The PR strategy so far for the American leaves a lot to be desired.
It has been a disaster to date:

- a cancelled press conference
- poor communication with the Trust
- a fiasco in the Guidolin sacking
Middlesborough on Saturday on 15:29 - Dec 12 with 2483 viewslonglostjack

Middlesborough on Saturday on 15:19 - Dec 12 by Loyal

St Pauli away game.
Free train travel.
Hot dogs and chips.
Ticket 4 euros.
Just saying.

Yes. Why couldn't the club do some type of Group booking deal with Arriva for example. Deutsche Bahn is Arriva's parent company. They regularly work with clubs in Germany to provide the type of deal you described.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Middlesborough on Saturday on 15:37 - Dec 12 with 2454 viewsairedale

Can we have a monitor on each bus to lead the singsongs too?
Middlesborough on Saturday on 15:40 - Dec 12 with 2447 viewsJack_Kass

The least they can do for the poor dabs that have been dragged around the country against their will.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Login to get fewer ads

Middlesborough on Saturday on 16:16 - Dec 12 with 2373 viewsE20Jack

Middlesborough on Saturday on 15:40 - Dec 12 by Jack_Kass

The least they can do for the poor dabs that have been dragged around the country against their will.

At times like this, they need us far more than we need to watch a game of football over Xmas a 12 hour round trip away. They want support from their so called "12th man" then there is every reason to ease the burden on them during this time of year, especially when the FA give them hundreds of thousands for that very purpose.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Middlesborough on Saturday on 16:20 - Dec 12 with 2365 viewsJackupnorth

Of the people that are already going, where are travelling Jacks meeting for pre game drinks on Saturday?
Middlesborough on Saturday on 16:31 - Dec 12 with 2341 viewsWxmJax

The chippy at Saltburn on Sea for me. Mght stretch to a dandelion and burdock providing it's Ben Shaw's

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Middlesborough on Saturday on 16:37 - Dec 12 with 2321 viewslonglostjack

Middlesborough on Saturday on 15:40 - Dec 12 by Jack_Kass

You are Steve Kaplan and I claim my £10

Middlesborough on Saturday on 17:48 - Dec 12 with 2223 viewstaffpunk

Don't you have some Dutch guy who could sort all the travel/tickets out for you dirt cheap?

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Middlesborough on Saturday on 18:30 - Dec 12 with 2157 viewslonglostjack

Middlesborough on Saturday on 17:48 - Dec 12 by taffpunk

Don't you have some Dutch guy who could sort all the travel/tickets out for you dirt cheap?

Only an issue at Wales' Nr 1 club. Who would have a problem getting a ticket for the wannabes of Welsh football ?

Middlesborough on Saturday on 19:30 - Dec 12 with 2055 viewsstevethejack

Paying for my transport would be cool. It was £66 return flights Fri-Sun, Bristol to Newcastle.
Middlesborough on Saturday on 19:48 - Dec 12 with 2013 viewsQuakerJack

Middlesborough on Saturday on 16:31 - Dec 12 by WxmJax

The chippy at Saltburn on Sea for me. Mght stretch to a dandelion and burdock providing it's Ben Shaw's

Good choice, brilliant chippy... I play cricket for Saltburn, live just down the road in Marske.

As for Boro, the best bet for Spoons goers is the Isaac Wilson, not far from the station... Some great bars on Baker Street, microbrews selling different ales... It's the trendy part of Boro at the moment. Twisted Lip, Sherlocks and the Slater's Pick.

Doc Browns is ideal in that it's the second closest pub to the ground after the Navigation which is the Railway equivalent of Boro so a no go.

Southfield Rd is full of students if you're a pervert and has 3 good bars. Not your traditional football pubs but nice places.

Personally Id recommend Baker Street, Isaac Wilsons and Doc Browns for convenience, they let you take in food and there's a gaff opposite selling hot roast sarnies which are lovely.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Middlesborough on Saturday on 20:20 - Dec 12 with 1971 viewsLoyal

Middlesborough on Saturday on 15:37 - Dec 12 by airedale

Can we have a monitor on each bus to lead the singsongs too?

Huge Hairdo is available.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Middlesborough on Saturday on 05:14 - Dec 13 with 1820 viewsSwansNZ

If they're willing to pay for transport, put me down for 3 tickets please.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Middlesborough on Saturday on 07:03 - Dec 13 with 1779 views1983

I think it is a pretty decent suggestion. In what is a vital game that has come at the most expensive time of the year for families, not many will be making the long return trip. This may encourage more ticket sales and be a cheap PR move for club/fan relations, an area that has been an absolute disaster so far this season. Don't the club get 250k from the FA every season for this sort of thing anyway? What would 15 coaches cost? 10 grand? I think anything to encourage more support up there is a welcome move.
That's like Tesco handing out free beer at Xmas because things are tight at Xmas

Yes. Why couldn't the club do some type of Group booking deal with Arriva for example. Deutsche Bahn is Arriva's parent company. They regularly work with clubs in Germany to provide the type of deal you described.

Arriva don't run trains to Middlesbourgh? and to charter a train you are looking at approx. £25,00-£35,000 for the day
[Post edited 13 Dec 2016 7:07]

Middlesborough on Saturday on 07:08 - Dec 13 with 1768 views1983

8 More Jacks on those flights as well £60 return booked up months ago

Middlesborough on Saturday on 07:47 - Dec 13 with 1722 viewslonglostjack

Middlesborough on Saturday on 07:03 - Dec 13 by 1983

That's like Tesco handing out free beer at Xmas because things are tight at Xmas

Arriva don't run trains to Middlesbourgh? and to charter a train you are looking at approx. £25,00-£35,000 for the day
[Post edited 13 Dec 2016 7:07]

So a train for every away game over a season would cost about the same as Huw Jenkins' annual salary. I agree that would be too much.

Middlesborough on Saturday on 13:52 - Dec 13 with 1567 viewsbathgatejack

Middlesborough on Saturday on 07:47 - Dec 13 by longlostjack

So a train for every away game over a season would cost about the same as Huw Jenkins' annual salary. I agree that would be too much.

home game for us Scottish boys. Be in Dr Browns for sure
Middlesborough on Saturday on 13:53 - Dec 13 with 1563 viewsbathgatejack

Middlesborough on Saturday on 16:20 - Dec 12 by Jackupnorth

Of the people that are already going, where are travelling Jacks meeting for pre game drinks on Saturday?

Dr Browns bud
Middlesborough on Saturday on 13:54 - Dec 13 with 1559 viewswaynekerr55

F*ck me Baldrick's off again...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Middlesborough on Saturday on 15:42 - Dec 13 with 1508 viewsruhrjack

Get our money back would be fine.
Ferry Amsterdam-Newcastle-Amsterdam 214Euros each.
Six of us there for the game
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024