Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread 01:58 - Dec 28 with 32676 viewsjackharris

Venue: Liberty Stadium, Landore,
Swansea (SA12FA)
Date: Saturday December 31st 2016
Kick Off: 3pm (15:00)
[Post edited 31 Dec 2016 13:04]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 09:14 - Dec 29 with 3019 viewsraynor94

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 23:26 - Dec 28 by airedale

Same here, don't know why Paul and defence go together.

Is Ki gonna be about, and Fer?

He was a centre half

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 10:27 - Dec 29 with 2949 viewsJango

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 09:02 - Dec 29 by Shonky

In spite of everything, a win here and were are only 5 points behind survival pace at the halfway point. The dimmest of hope.

"I find the great thing in this world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving."
--Oliver Wendell Holmes
[Post edited 29 Dec 2016 9:06]

Win against Bournemouth and we may only be 1 point my off a survival place. That's the only thing important here, seasons gone by are irrelevant. it's gonna be a low scoring 17th place this year by the looks of it which is also the only hope we've got it seems.
The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 13:31 - Dec 29 with 2813 viewsmonmouth

Win on Saturday and we're amazingly still well in the hunt with half a season to go and a chance with a new manager and players to rectify things.

It's the hope that kills you.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 14:30 - Dec 29 with 2771 viewscostalotta

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 10:27 - Dec 29 by Jango

Win against Bournemouth and we may only be 1 point my off a survival place. That's the only thing important here, seasons gone by are irrelevant. it's gonna be a low scoring 17th place this year by the looks of it which is also the only hope we've got it seems.

To be fair that is said this time of year quite a lot. To be sure we have to be looking at 38/40 points.
The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 17:05 - Dec 29 with 2657 viewsFireboy

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 09:02 - Dec 29 by Shonky

In spite of everything, a win here and were are only 5 points behind survival pace at the halfway point. The dimmest of hope.

"I find the great thing in this world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving."
--Oliver Wendell Holmes
[Post edited 29 Dec 2016 9:06]

I like that saying shonky

And I'm certain as someone has said the crowd will be well up for it with the bumbling feckwit getting the push and curt being in charge
The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 17:49 - Dec 29 with 2612 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 01:21 - Dec 29 by NeathJack

I fancy us for this as long as we come out of the blocks well. The crowd will be up given the Bradley sacking & Curt in charge.

The defence is still a major concern obviously but if we can go with 2 genuine wingers and Gylfi behind Llorente, then we've got the chance to get at them.

Bob not starting LLORENTE last week was a master class .

What a f@cking tool

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 17:58 - Dec 29 with 2600 viewsLeonWasGod

N/A. on 22:33 - Dec 28 by Huw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 2:30]

Bobbly said it. It's buried deep in one of his ramblings. He said that Williams had been bought in as defensive coach and would spend time (a day or two a week I think) working just with them on defensive drills. I don't think that's unusual, although it's always struck me as odd as defending is a whole team issue.
The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 21:11 - Dec 29 with 2465 viewsnyc_swans

although i have no faith in him, montero was at least an option off the bench and now i see he's out for 6 weeks.

winger was already a priority over the january window and now you would have to think it's an absolute necessity.

so, does this mean Dan James gets a spot on the bench? i'd like to see this happen in the meantime as they go after a new winger.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 01:08 - Dec 30 with 2341 viewsPozuelosSideys

Montero is far too mentally weak to be relied on. At least one winger is a must

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 07:25 - Dec 30 with 2292 viewsbuilthjack

A 4-2 classic

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 11:36 - Dec 30 with 2167 viewsGlyn1

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 07:25 - Dec 30 by builthjack

A 4-2 classic

Or even more.

The referee is Kevin Friend who was also in charge last month when we beat Crystal Palace 5-4.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 11:48 - Dec 30 with 2157 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 11:36 - Dec 30 by Glyn1

Or even more.

The referee is Kevin Friend who was also in charge last month when we beat Crystal Palace 5-4.

And Mr Friend was there when we scored 5 at Wemberley.

5 it is then. Let's hope it's enough.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 12:23 - Dec 30 with 2128 viewsShonky

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 11:48 - Dec 30 by monmouth

It may well be 5. Its at what end that concerns me.

Its just a ride...

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 14:57 - Dec 30 with 2049 viewsGlyn1

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 11:48 - Dec 30 by monmouth

'5 it is then. Let's hope it's enough.'

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 16:31 - Dec 30 with 1979 viewsairedale

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 14:57 - Dec 30 by Glyn1

'5 it is then. Let's hope it's enough.'

Llorente will want to impress the dugout leaper too.
The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 17:32 - Dec 30 with 1799 viewsplanetswansadmin

The Swans close off what has been a pretty miserable 2016 with the visit of Bournemouth to the Liberty Stadium tomorrow, a game that really can only be described as a must win encounter as the season reaches its halfway mark

Full story at http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/44617/season-starts-again

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 17:40 - Dec 30 with 1784 viewsJBT95

Team tomorrow?

Fabianski
Rangel v.d. Hoorn Mawson Taylor
Fer Britton Fulton
Routledge Glyfi
Llorente

Bench - Nordfelt, Naughton, Fernandez, Cork, McBurnie, Dyer, James.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 17:40]
The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 18:01 - Dec 30 with 1753 viewsGriffting

Fab
Naughts Fede Mawson taylor
Cork britton
Dyer Gylfi Routs
Llorente

That's the team I think Curt will go with.
The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 18:12 - Dec 30 with 1731 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 17:58 - Dec 29 by LeonWasGod

Bobbly said it. It's buried deep in one of his ramblings. He said that Williams had been bought in as defensive coach and would spend time (a day or two a week I think) working just with them on defensive drills. I don't think that's unusual, although it's always struck me as odd as defending is a whole team issue.

I always thought that one of Bob's many faults is he was very compartmentalised when it came to the team. Concede goals then shuffle the defence. Don't score enough then change the strikers. He would have been playing musical chairs with the midfield except we are so threadbare on that front (thanks Jenkins!) that he did not have much to change.
You are quite right it is a team game. We were strong defensively under ML, Rodgers and Sousa because we kept possession therefore taking the pressure off the defence. Chico and Ash never had to works as hard as say Mawson and VDH currently have to do.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 18:14]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 18:25 - Dec 30 with 1710 viewsCooperman

Curt is surely going to play the diamond, this was his favoured option during his last caretaker period.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 18:26]

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 18:34 - Dec 30 with 1696 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 18:25 - Dec 30 by Cooperman

Curt is surely going to play the diamond, this was his favoured option during his last caretaker period.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 18:26]

I suspect it will be very similar to how we played when Curt was part of Frankie's team as it appears they both saw eye to eye on the necessary style of play given the poor squad we have.
Trouble now is confidence has been shot to sh!trags by Bob and can the players rediscover the promise shown before FG had the Royal Order?

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 18:42 - Dec 30 with 1685 viewsCooperman

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 18:34 - Dec 30 by Private_Partz

I suspect it will be very similar to how we played when Curt was part of Frankie's team as it appears they both saw eye to eye on the necessary style of play given the poor squad we have.
Trouble now is confidence has been shot to sh!trags by Bob and can the players rediscover the promise shown before FG had the Royal Order?

Unless the removal of Coach Bob has given the squad a massive lift...

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 18:44 - Dec 30 with 1682 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 18:42 - Dec 30 by Cooperman

Unless the removal of Coach Bob has given the squad a massive lift...

Indeed, if they are all chuffed to see 'Ronald Reagan' out the door then that could be the case :-)

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 18:46 - Dec 30 with 1679 viewsCooperman

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 18:44 - Dec 30 by Private_Partz

Indeed, if they are all chuffed to see 'Ronald Reagan' out the door then that could be the case :-)

I'm certain there will have been a few mutterings of "thank fuk fur that" over the last 48 hours.

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 20:19 - Dec 30 with 1587 viewssomersetsimon

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 18:01 - Dec 30 by Griffting

Fab
Naughts Fede Mawson taylor
Cork britton
Dyer Gylfi Routs
Llorente

That's the team I think Curt will go with.

Is FF fit?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024