Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Major Trauma Centre 09:18 - Mar 30 with 22838 viewsjohnlangy

A debate has started to make the decision as to whether the Major Trauma Centre for South Wales should be based at Morriston or the Heath.

This will be well worth keeping an eye on because it's a decision that could affect the health of any of us or members of our families. The question about spread of investment by the WAG doesn't just mean new roads and jobs.
Major Trauma Centre on 22:23 - Mar 30 with 2324 viewsDr_Winston

Major Trauma Centre on 22:22 - Mar 30 by Lohengrin

Sounds fishy to me...

Beat me to it.

Bastard.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Major Trauma Centre on 22:23 - Mar 30 with 2322 viewsDarran

Major Trauma Centre on 22:22 - Mar 30 by Lohengrin

Sounds fishy to me...

I was there so long they used to let me go in and talk to the leaches.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Major Trauma Centre on 22:24 - Mar 30 with 2317 viewsDarran

Major Trauma Centre on 22:23 - Mar 30 by Dr_Winston

Beat me to it.

Bastard.

Piss off it was a typo mun.

Major Trauma Centre on 22:25 - Mar 30 with 2315 viewsLohengrin

Major Trauma Centre on 22:24 - Mar 30 by Darran

Piss off it was a typo mun.

One of the better ones I've read this last few months on here.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Major Trauma Centre on 22:25 - Mar 30 with 2314 viewsDarran

Major Trauma Centre on 22:21 - Mar 30 by raynor94

From my experience Morriston is now a top class facility, and as you say they have spent millions and going to spend millions more, there is just no pleasing some people

Exactly Partzy loves a moan.

Major Trauma Centre on 22:26 - Mar 30 with 2311 viewsDarran

Major Trauma Centre on 22:25 - Mar 30 by Lohengrin

One of the better ones I've read this last few months on here.

Bollox.

Major Trauma Centre on 22:26 - Mar 30 with 2312 viewsPrivate_Partz

From my experience Morriston is now a top class facility, and as you say they have spent millions and going to spend millions more, there is just no pleasing some people

Read the reports Rayns Ffs. There are different aspects of healthcare. We are talking Trauma units here.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Major Trauma Centre on 22:28 - Mar 30 with 2304 viewsPrivate_Partz

Major Trauma Centre on 22:25 - Mar 30 by Darran

Exactly Partzy loves a moan.

Joke all you like. I hope none of us need such services when it is all stuck in the SE of a principality that has buggar all else.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

Major Trauma Centre on 22:30 - Mar 30 with 2296 viewsSPboy

Major Trauma Centre on 21:48 - Mar 30 by Darran

Not being funny here but have you been to Morriston Hospital recently? They've spent many many millions there the last 3 or 4 years.

Yes up in Morriston hospital this week in A & E. They told us we would be seen quicker if we went to Port Talbot ( Baglan) . So that's what we did. All those millions eh & not enough doctors to run an A&E dept!!
Major Trauma Centre on 22:30 - Mar 30 with 2296 viewsraynor94

Major Trauma Centre on 22:26 - Mar 30 by Private_Partz

Read the reports Rayns Ffs. There are different aspects of healthcare. We are talking Trauma units here.

What about burns and cardiac?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Major Trauma Centre on 22:31 - Mar 30 with 2293 viewsPrivate_Partz

Major Trauma Centre on 22:30 - Mar 30 by raynor94

What about burns and cardiac?

Start a new thread on that.

Major Trauma Centre on 22:39 - Mar 30 with 2283 viewsraynor94

Major Trauma Centre on 22:31 - Mar 30 by Private_Partz

Start a new thread on that.

Why? You insist Cardiff gets everything, yet Swansea specializes in those two fields, as long we as get one in South Wales it doesn't bother me

Major Trauma Centre on 22:46 - Mar 30 with 2275 viewsDyfnant

Major Trauma Centre on 22:39 - Mar 30 by raynor94

Why? You insist Cardiff gets everything, yet Swansea specializes in those two fields, as long we as get one in South Wales it doesn't bother me

What about those further West than us, the hour travel time is crucial
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-39417998

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Major Trauma Centre on 22:48 - Mar 30 with 2272 viewsPrivate_Partz

Major Trauma Centre on 22:39 - Mar 30 by raynor94

We are talking Trauma Units here. That is John L 's thread and it is in the news. If you are satisfied that there are no such units in the whole of Wales and are happy that those requiring urgent and immediate attention, that is crucial to survival, could end up in an area more than well served by two other units then fair enough.
I think we need all Wales coverage. BBC Cardiff just reported that such requirements in Mid Wales requirements are also being directed to Stoke....

Major Trauma Centre on 22:49 - Mar 30 with 2270 viewsDarran

Major Trauma Centre on 22:30 - Mar 30 by SPboy

Yes up in Morriston hospital this week in A & E. They told us we would be seen quicker if we went to Port Talbot ( Baglan) . So that's what we did. All those millions eh & not enough doctors to run an A&E dept!!

Port Talbot isn't an A&E so you obviously didn't need an A&E.

It's not that there's not enough doctors it's the workload with some of the cretins that turn up there.

The second bits not aimed at you.

Major Trauma Centre on 22:51 - Mar 30 with 2271 viewsraynor94

Major Trauma Centre on 22:46 - Mar 30 by Dyfnant

What about those further West than us, the hour travel time is crucial
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-39417998

Air ambulance hopefully, they are going to be damned whichever one they choose

Major Trauma Centre on 23:19 - Mar 30 with 2264 viewsPrivate_Partz

Major Trauma Centre on 22:51 - Mar 30 by raynor94

Air ambulance hopefully, they are going to be damned whichever one they choose

An organisation supported by Charity propping up centralisation in Cardiff which is already well served by England?? Seems madness to me and very risky.
I think the Air Ambulance needs to be taken into Public control until we can get an infrastructure in place equivalent to that in England. Not a very high bar but better than in Wales where there is nothing.
WAG won't be damned if they choose Cardiff btw. The media will be fully in favour.

Major Trauma Centre on 09:51 - Mar 31 with 2214 viewsjohnlangy

Major Trauma Centre on 22:04 - Mar 30 by Private_Partz

Not being funny either but they bloody well need to. Have you see the ambulances stuck outside A and E? Don't let WAG off the hook of delivering basic services. We are talking Trauma Units here. If it goes the way I am expecting North Wales will continue to travel to Stoke for their support. The rest of Wales will have nothing other than a swanking big unit in Cardiff when there are a further two in Bristol 20 miles away. This against a background of accidents occurring all over Wales where heavy and light traffic share nothing much better than farm tracks therby requiring a need of such services.

This was one of the major arguments in favour of siting the neurosurgery services in Morriston. If there was a desperate need anyone in the South East could get to Bristol very quickly as compared with Morristo (albeit Morriston would have taken less than an hour).

But the majority of accidents which would cause someone to need nuero services generally happened in rural areas on farms and on narrow, winding country roads. And, because that
Major Trauma Centre on 10:00 - Mar 31 with 2214 viewsjohnlangy

Major Trauma Centre on 22:04 - Mar 30 by Private_Partz

Not being funny either but they bloody well need to. Have you see the ambulances stuck outside A and E? Don't let WAG off the hook of delivering basic services. We are talking Trauma Units here. If it goes the way I am expecting North Wales will continue to travel to Stoke for their support. The rest of Wales will have nothing other than a swanking big unit in Cardiff when there are a further two in Bristol 20 miles away. This against a background of accidents occurring all over Wales where heavy and light traffic share nothing much better than farm tracks therby requiring a need of such services.

This was one of the major arguments in favour of siting the neurosurgery services in Morriston. If there was a desperate need anyone in the South East could get to Bristol very quickly as compared with Morriston (albeit Morriston would have taken less than an hour).

But the majority of accidents which would cause someone to need nuero services generally happened in rural areas on farms and on narrow, winding country roads. There are areas like that between Cardiff and Swansea where access times would be similar but the whole of West Wales is in that category which explains why there had always been more people treated in Morriston who required neurosurgery treatment than in the Heath.

And yet the powers that be decided that Cardiff was the answer. And, in order to ensure Cardiff was the answer they loaded the deck in favour of the Heath in setting the criteria for the group making the decision to base the outcome on.

This, in my opinion was one of the most shameful episodes in the history of this sham of a, supposedly, WELSH government.
Major Trauma Centre on 10:06 - Mar 31 with 2214 viewsjohnlangy

You're right. They have spent millions. Around £100 m as far as i'm aware.

There are 24 centres in England which includes two in Bristol which is just 20 miles from Cardiff. If you live in West Wales it's 80 miles to the nearest one in Bristol.

As there isn't a Major Trauma Centre in South Wales don't you think it's of great importance where one should be sited ?
Major Trauma Centre on 20:42 - Apr 3 with 2140 viewswestside

Swansea council leader against it being in Cardiff.

Decision to be made by the AM for Cardiff South.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/major-trauma-centre-cardiff-instead
Major Trauma Centre on 08:02 - Apr 4 with 2102 viewsPrivate_Partz

Major Trauma Centre on 20:42 - Apr 3 by westside

Swansea council leader against it being in Cardiff.

Decision to be made by the AM for Cardiff South.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/major-trauma-centre-cardiff-instead

Cue months of hand wringing before the Cardiff AM decides it is Cardiff and blames the Consultants for the decision.....
[Post edited 4 Apr 2017 8:06]

Major Trauma Centre on 12:36 - Mar 22 with 1739 viewsSwanzay

There's a surprise...

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-43476292
Major Trauma Centre on 13:36 - Mar 22 with 1702 viewsnicky

The deciding factor it seems was the location of the children's services - already in Cardiff. The very ones stolen from Morriston earlier this decade.

Honestly, if this weren't so serious you'd have to laugh at the way the rest of Wales is being ignored and left behind while WA and WG plough ahead with their vision of Cardiff as some great European or World class city.

We'll be left with a cottage hospital soon and will have to travel east just to take a piss if this lot are in power for any longer.
Major Trauma Centre on 14:30 - Mar 22 with 1667 viewsbyron

Major Trauma Centre on 13:36 - Mar 22 by nicky

The deciding factor it seems was the location of the children's services - already in Cardiff. The very ones stolen from Morriston earlier this decade.

Honestly, if this weren't so serious you'd have to laugh at the way the rest of Wales is being ignored and left behind while WA and WG plough ahead with their vision of Cardiff as some great European or World class city.

We'll be left with a cottage hospital soon and will have to travel east just to take a piss if this lot are in power for any longer.

Had to take my 2 year old back to Morriston (burns unit) 4 or 5 times a few years back, didn’t really see it as an issue despite the fact I can see the Heath hospital from my house, a stones throw away. Amazing staff there, you know I even saw a few jack Tops when I was there.

Benny

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024