Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Major Trauma Centre 09:18 - Mar 30 with 22800 viewsjohnlangy

A debate has started to make the decision as to whether the Major Trauma Centre for South Wales should be based at Morriston or the Heath.

This will be well worth keeping an eye on because it's a decision that could affect the health of any of us or members of our families. The question about spread of investment by the WAG doesn't just mean new roads and jobs.
Major Trauma Centre on 19:12 - Apr 3 with 3903 viewsPrivate_Partz

Major Trauma Centre on 19:04 - Apr 3 by union_jack

Not sure that is why he didn't say anything. He may have felt it was inappropriate to comment to someone outside of his constituency as it would be disrespectful to his actual AM. Protocol and all that!

So then it is pointless asking politicians for any viewpoint if you don't live in their constituency?
Imho they have to have a view if it affects their consitiuency regardless of where the questioner lives.
I would take your point if Langy was asking Mike about the closure of a cafe in Rhossili but the MTC decision affects 18 AMs in an area that stretches right down to the Pembrokeshire coast.
I have no doubt we are going to get this standard reply though......

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Major Trauma Centre on 00:05 - Apr 4 with 3840 viewsowainglyndwr

All of them should be answerable
Major Trauma Centre on 10:22 - Apr 4 with 3791 viewsunion_jack

Major Trauma Centre on 19:12 - Apr 3 by Private_Partz

So then it is pointless asking politicians for any viewpoint if you don't live in their constituency?
Imho they have to have a view if it affects their consitiuency regardless of where the questioner lives.
I would take your point if Langy was asking Mike about the closure of a cafe in Rhossili but the MTC decision affects 18 AMs in an area that stretches right down to the Pembrokeshire coast.
I have no doubt we are going to get this standard reply though......

Can't argue with that. I was just trying to give a plausible reason why he may have referred it on.

He could have given his views briefly I would have thought. Or copy and pasted his standard reply he must have done in readiness for his own constituents.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Major Trauma Centre on 10:37 - Apr 4 with 3786 viewspikeypaul

Could the email addresses of these assembly lap dogs be posted here please?

Maybe others then could ask some questions.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Major Trauma Centre on 20:38 - Apr 4 with 3735 viewsCopperJack

Major Trauma Centre on 10:37 - Apr 4 by pikeypaul

Could the email addresses of these assembly lap dogs be posted here please?

Maybe others then could ask some questions.

Mike.Hedges@assembly.wales
Julie.James@assembly.wales
Rebecca.Evans@assembly.wales

Emailed my local (Labour) counsillor. This was my response -

I was bitterly disappointed at the Major Trauma Centre decision which ignored the huge response in favour of Morriston during the consultation. You might be aware that our MP Geraint Davies took a leading role in the "Save Lives South Wales" campaign which I was also a part of, we had some coverage in the Evening Post getting people at Tesco Fforestfach to sign letters to submit to the consultation in support of Morriston.

Our Council Leader Rob Stewart is working very hard lobbying Welsh government about this. His most recent statement is as follows,

"We believe the decision to base the major trauma centre in Cardiff is wrong. It deprives people in the south west and West of Wales of accessing the major trauma centre within the ‘golden hour’.

Basing the MTC in Cardiff will mean that those living in the south east will have access to both Cardiff and Bristol trauma centres within an hour. That is simply unfair.

While we welcome the announcement of a trauma unit in Morriston we are yet to know what this will actually mean and what clinical trauma services will be available.

We will continue to press for Morriston to become a MTC as soon as possible."

Thanks again for getting in touch, I will update you with any further information on this as I find out more.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where on earth are the Labour AMs? Council and MPs getting involved. No AMs. This is what we're voting for. Are we the most idiotic country on earth? We literally vote in people who prioritise the wealth of Cardiff over our own health. We've always known their wealth has been the priority, but this is quite literally life or death stuff. And we vote for it.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Major Trauma Centre on 22:43 - Apr 4 with 3700 viewsPrivate_Partz

Major Trauma Centre on 20:38 - Apr 4 by CopperJack

Mike.Hedges@assembly.wales
Julie.James@assembly.wales
Rebecca.Evans@assembly.wales

Emailed my local (Labour) counsillor. This was my response -

I was bitterly disappointed at the Major Trauma Centre decision which ignored the huge response in favour of Morriston during the consultation. You might be aware that our MP Geraint Davies took a leading role in the "Save Lives South Wales" campaign which I was also a part of, we had some coverage in the Evening Post getting people at Tesco Fforestfach to sign letters to submit to the consultation in support of Morriston.

Our Council Leader Rob Stewart is working very hard lobbying Welsh government about this. His most recent statement is as follows,

"We believe the decision to base the major trauma centre in Cardiff is wrong. It deprives people in the south west and West of Wales of accessing the major trauma centre within the ‘golden hour’.

Basing the MTC in Cardiff will mean that those living in the south east will have access to both Cardiff and Bristol trauma centres within an hour. That is simply unfair.

While we welcome the announcement of a trauma unit in Morriston we are yet to know what this will actually mean and what clinical trauma services will be available.

We will continue to press for Morriston to become a MTC as soon as possible."

Thanks again for getting in touch, I will update you with any further information on this as I find out more.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where on earth are the Labour AMs? Council and MPs getting involved. No AMs. This is what we're voting for. Are we the most idiotic country on earth? We literally vote in people who prioritise the wealth of Cardiff over our own health. We've always known their wealth has been the priority, but this is quite literally life or death stuff. And we vote for it.

Thanks for that CJ.
Thanks for updating Pikey as well It really is that easy getting hold on ANY AM via email. It is just:
first name.second name@assembly.wales
for any of them. You will have to jump through a few hoops for the 'Ministers'.
There is also a website where you can get the names of all the little tinkers.
There are loads of them and, as a recent twitter user, I find it a damn cheek they want to increase the Assembly by another 40 AMs as they do not have enough time for 'scrutiny'. Seems to me they spend most of their time at Charity bunfights.
Your Local Councillor's reply is interesting. Why did we not get to hear of any of the initiatives from our 'national' media? No SWEP petion this time now it is under the cardiff umbrella.You had to dig to find the supporting video. There were two versions and Julie James made an appearance on one but not heard a peep from her since. I am awaiting a reply from her in relation to my email.
You have to ask where are the Council's complainants now? Why aren't they kicking up about the decision and lack of press coverage?
Sorry I have been a bit quiet the last day if so. Grandfather duties have held me up.
I have had a reply from Mike Hedges which i will post on here. I am not happy with his response as he thinks Twitting before the Health Board's decision is job done. I will be getting back to him.
I will be contacting Messers Gethin, Skates, Jones, Williams, RTdavies, and Woods and will report back on their response as well.
With rank apathy and no interest in the Cardiff based and biased media we are p!ssing in the wind but the responses however can be used for future reference and show the contempt the rest of Wales has been shown by our local politicians.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2018 22:49]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Major Trauma Centre on 23:37 - Apr 4 with 3680 viewspikeypaul

Emails sent. I wonder if I get a reply? Doubt it with the terrible grammar but if one of the Feckers read it I will be happy.

Could you please tell me why there has been a total lack of response from you and the other AMs since the disgraceful decision to locate the Major Trauma Centre in Cardiff when there already is one in Bristol? Everyone can see this is plainly wrong.

This decision will result in deaths in West Wales something you and the other local AMs are obviously happy to put up with rather than rocking the boat in Cardiff and upsetting your paymasters just like you have stood to one side and observed the total decline in the rest of Wales so that £billions can be spent on Cardiff.

I just hope no one from your family in the future suffers as a result of them being out the "golden hour" if they do you may well wonder if it was worth putting your career ahead of your morals.

We all know due to the sheep mentality of Labour voters in South West Wales you will get elected again and that being the case you do not really care a flying fox about them with you being a career politician,but for once in your life it's time to stand up for the people who voted you in.

I look forward to your response.

Regards Paul.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2018 23:40]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Major Trauma Centre on 08:29 - Apr 5 with 3629 viewsPrivate_Partz

Major Trauma Centre on 23:37 - Apr 4 by pikeypaul

Emails sent. I wonder if I get a reply? Doubt it with the terrible grammar but if one of the Feckers read it I will be happy.

Could you please tell me why there has been a total lack of response from you and the other AMs since the disgraceful decision to locate the Major Trauma Centre in Cardiff when there already is one in Bristol? Everyone can see this is plainly wrong.

This decision will result in deaths in West Wales something you and the other local AMs are obviously happy to put up with rather than rocking the boat in Cardiff and upsetting your paymasters just like you have stood to one side and observed the total decline in the rest of Wales so that £billions can be spent on Cardiff.

I just hope no one from your family in the future suffers as a result of them being out the "golden hour" if they do you may well wonder if it was worth putting your career ahead of your morals.

We all know due to the sheep mentality of Labour voters in South West Wales you will get elected again and that being the case you do not really care a flying fox about them with you being a career politician,but for once in your life it's time to stand up for the people who voted you in.

I look forward to your response.

Regards Paul.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2018 23:40]

Nice one!
It says something for the performance of Welsh Labour when it puts you and me on the same side of the fence ;-)

Login to get fewer ads

Major Trauma Centre on 09:39 - Apr 5 with 3617 viewsCopperJack

Major Trauma Centre on 08:29 - Apr 5 by Private_Partz

Nice one!
It says something for the performance of Welsh Labour when it puts you and me on the same side of the fence ;-)

Good job!

Any of Mike's constituents fancying this?

Proper chance to get some answers.

Major Trauma Centre on 09:55 - Apr 7 with 3523 viewsCopperJack

The irony.

Anyone go to the appointment mentioned above?

Major Trauma Centre on 11:10 - Apr 9 with 3465 viewsCopperJack

Anyone able to go to this?

Major Trauma Centre on 12:05 - Apr 9 with 3441 viewsWingstandwood

Major Trauma Centre on 11:10 - Apr 9 by CopperJack

Anyone able to go to this?

I’ve tried my bit, I have personally told both First Minister Carwyn Jones and a minister member of the WAG that’s all they care about is Cardiff!.....Cardiff!.....Cardiff! I told them both when they were standing one foot in front of me. I also told ex-M.P Martin Caton the same.

The reality is? It is like water off a ducks back, they do not care i.e. they are Cardiff centric career politicians whereupon only Cardiff and their party comes first. They will indeed (they did!) fob me, you and everyone off with standard response procedure. You know the stuff? Oh look what about the money they spent somewhere else, on something else..... That?..... Goes nowhere near to address the stark reality and concern of the/another issue expressed.

Argus!

Major Trauma Centre on 16:18 - Apr 9 with 3396 viewsPrivate_Partz

Major Trauma Centre on 12:05 - Apr 9 by Wingstandwood

I’ve tried my bit, I have personally told both First Minister Carwyn Jones and a minister member of the WAG that’s all they care about is Cardiff!.....Cardiff!.....Cardiff! I told them both when they were standing one foot in front of me. I also told ex-M.P Martin Caton the same.

The reality is? It is like water off a ducks back, they do not care i.e. they are Cardiff centric career politicians whereupon only Cardiff and their party comes first. They will indeed (they did!) fob me, you and everyone off with standard response procedure. You know the stuff? Oh look what about the money they spent somewhere else, on something else..... That?..... Goes nowhere near to address the stark reality and concern of the/another issue expressed.

Well done again.

Here is my email from Mike Hedges and my response:

Dear
If you have followed me on twitter you would be aware of my anger at the decision made
I will oppose it at each every opportunity I get
Thoracic surgery has been centralised at Morriston but that does not make up for the failure to site the MTC in Morriston
On Burns and Plastics as it is a Wales and West Country service and the site Morriston beat to get it was in Bristol then it is not in the gift of the Welsh Government to unilaterally move it
Regards

Hello Mr Hedges,
Thank you for your response.
I am encouraged to see that you will continue to fight this shocking decision at every opportunity and look forward to seeing this reported in the media.
I hope the other AMs , whose constituent’s lives are being put at risk by this decision, will unite against this shocking outcome.
I appreciate that Swansea (with the exception of Gower) will have Golden Hour cover by a Cardiff based. MTC.
Vital well paid jobs will again be lost to the area however and more and more people feel we are building a Cardiff City State. Even at the expense of the lives of the population.

Regards,

Julie James incoming.....

Major Trauma Centre on 16:27 - Apr 9 with 3391 viewsWingstandwood

Major Trauma Centre on 16:18 - Apr 9 by Private_Partz

Well done again.

Dear
If you have followed me on twitter you would be aware of my anger at the decision made
Thoracic surgery has been centralised at Morriston but that does not make up for the failure to site the MTC in Morriston
On Burns and Plastics as it is a Wales and West Country service and the site Morriston beat to get it was in Bristol then it is not in the gift of the Welsh Government to unilaterally move it
Regards

Hello Mr Hedges,
I am encouraged to see that you will continue to fight this shocking decision at every opportunity and look forward to seeing this reported in the media.
I hope the other AMs , whose constituent’s lives are being put at risk by this decision, will unite against this shocking outcome.
I appreciate that Swansea (with the exception of Gower) will have Golden Hour cover by a Cardiff based. MTC.
Vital well paid jobs will again be lost to the area however and more and more people feel we are building a Cardiff City State. Even at the expense of the lives of the population.

Regards,

We can but try! I (you, me and others) can sleep at night with a clear conscience that we have tried our best, done our bit...... and also take a small crumb of comfort from the fact that we've not supported any Cardiff-centric politicians and their SE Wales-Cardiff bias by actually voting for em in the first place.

Argus!

Major Trauma Centre on 16:38 - Apr 9 with 3387 viewsPrivate_Partz

Well done again.

Dear
Regards

Hello Mr Hedges,

Regards,

...and now Julie James...

This is a strange one. I have been asked by her Community Liaison and Casework Officer to complete a further form with my personal details. This so Julie can fight my case for me. If she decides I have one I assume!

Here is the email and my response

Dear

Your email to Julie James AM has been passed to me as the Caseworker to progress. Please see attached form which requires signature and return. Once the signed form has been received, I shall contact you again with a response.

If you require the form sent through the post, please advise me of your address and I shall post it to you along with a stamped addressed envelope for your use.

Regards

Hello

Could you please advise me why I have to jump through an extra hoop in relation to this?

I am not asking Julie to fight a case for me although I appreciate that this subject affects all her constituents.

After witnessing her support for a Moriston based MTC in a video I am just concerned to know what her views are on the outcome. Also whether she will be campaigning further to stop this shocking decision taking place.
Regards,

I will post any replies......

Major Trauma Centre on 16:52 - Apr 9 with 3375 viewsPrivate_Partz

Major Trauma Centre on 16:27 - Apr 9 by Wingstandwood

We can but try! I (you, me and others) can sleep at night with a clear conscience that we have tried our best, done our bit...... and also take a small crumb of comfort from the fact that we've not supported any Cardiff-centric politicians and their SE Wales-Cardiff bias by actually voting for em in the first place.

Cheers,
it really gets to me ;-)
As stated previously I don't want to spend the rest of my days on a soapbox preaching to the disinterested.
I am considering putting a couple of hours a week to one side just to keep this lot on their toes however.
I probably will have to have another user name and an email address to reflect that as I want to retain relative anonymity. The current Mrs Partz would be furious otherwise.
If that is the case I will have to be 'demobbed' and have less of a Carry On user name.
It would never do to be complaining about something like paedophilia with a name like this ;-)
[Post edited 9 Apr 2018 21:49]

Major Trauma Centre on 17:38 - Apr 9 with 3365 viewsWingstandwood

Major Trauma Centre on 16:52 - Apr 9 by Private_Partz

Cheers,
it really gets to me ;-)
As stated previously I don't want to spend the rest of my days on a soapbox preaching to the disinterested.
I am considering putting a couple of hours a week to one side just to keep this lot on their toes however.
I probably will have to have another user name and an email address to reflect that as I want to retain relative anonymity. The current Mrs Partz would be furious otherwise.
If that is the case I will have to be 'demobbed' and have less of a Carry On user name.
It would never do to be complaining about something like paedophilia with a name like this ;-)
[Post edited 9 Apr 2018 21:49]

The thing regarding "preaching to the disinterested"? IMO it's a case of the vast majority of Swansea/SE Wales being totally and utterly oblivious to what is actually going on and the ramifications of what is going on . Also there are disinterested types because they think nasty accidents only happen to somebody else.

I pray for a future when voters down these parts acquire a streetwise savvy tactical-voting mindset like you typically see in those English marginals that the U.K press tends to descend upon in droves during a by-election and election. You sh#t on those constituencies and they punish at the ballot box! Not down here, sadly!

Argus!

Major Trauma Centre on 17:43 - Apr 9 with 3358 viewsjohnlangy

Major Trauma Centre on 17:56 - Apr 3 by johnlangy

Reply from Mike Hedges saying, as I live in the Gower constituency I should forward this mail to Rebecca Evans.

Sent it to her a few minutes ago. MH made no comment about the MTC in his reply.

Reply received from Rebecca yesterday.
Thank you very much for the email and for alerting me to the broken link.

My website can be found here: https://www.rebeccaevansam.com/

You can find out about surgeries by getting in touch with my office. The contact details are here: https://www.rebeccaevansam.com/get-in-touch--cysylltwch-acirc-fi.html

I also advertise the surgeries in the South Wales Evening Post, on my facebook page (Rebecca Evans AM), and on twitter @RebeccaEvansAM.

My next surgery is on Friday, between 1pm and 2pm at my constituency office in Gorseinon (9 Pontarddulais Rd). If you cannot make that surgery or you need to speak before Friday, I can always give you a call.

I want to reassure you that I have received your email regarding the Major Trauma Unit decision, and will of course provide you with a response. However, I am away from the office until the middle of next week and will need to access information in regarding representations made about the importance of Swansea’s hospitals order to furnish you with a full reply.

With kind regards,

Rebecca

A response at least. I'll let you all know what she has to say when I get the mail.
Major Trauma Centre on 17:46 - Apr 9 with 3352 viewsNeath_Jack

Well done again.

Dear
Regards

Hello Mr Hedges,

Regards,

Whoever wrote:
"If you have followed me on twitter you would be aware of my anger at the decision made
On Burns and Plastics as it is a Wales and West Country service and the site Morriston beat to get it was in Bristol then it is not in the gift of the Welsh Government to unilaterally move it".

Wants shagging with a ragmans trumpet.

I'm going to assume that it's not Mr Hedges himself, and some office lackey.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Major Trauma Centre on 09:20 - Apr 10 with 3266 viewsCopperJack

Well done everyone. I'm still waiting on my responses. But hugely encouraging that some people here care enough to send an email and create a fuss. Apathy is the enemy, and Welsh Labour relies on it.

Major Trauma Centre on 13:22 - Apr 16 with 3182 viewsCopperJack

Any news?

Major Trauma Centre on 14:32 - Apr 16 with 3153 viewsjack_lord

Has anyone who posts on this site and is west of the "golden hour" contacted their AM to ask for what theiAM's position is on the subject and if their own lives are less worthy than those in a CF postcode?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Major Trauma Centre on 21:19 - Apr 22 with 3036 viewsCopperJack

Carolyn Harris, MP for Swansea East, has now been elected deputy Welsh Labour leader. any of her constituents fancy emailing her asking how she'll address the disparity in investment and try and stop the health of her constituents coming second to the wealth of the Cardiff elite?

Major Trauma Centre on 09:16 - Apr 23 with 2989 viewsPrivate_Partz

Major Trauma Centre on 21:19 - Apr 22 by CopperJack

Carolyn Harris, MP for Swansea East, has now been elected deputy Welsh Labour leader. any of her constituents fancy emailing her asking how she'll address the disparity in investment and try and stop the health of her constituents coming second to the wealth of the Cardiff elite?

This may be good news CJ. What do you think? I voted for her purely because she is a Swansea MP. I am frankly surprised she has got in as there seemed a concerted effort to get Cardiff based Julie Morgan in.
Apologies for being a bit quiet on this front. I am a new recruit to Tw@tter and have been attempting to ruffle a few feathers there ;-)
A warning to those emailing these politicians. You are likely to be contacted by their 'Case Worker' who, after filling out an online form or via a SAE, they will decide if you have a 'case' for the politician to take up.
All in the name of data protection. Putting up barriers not to answer questions is more likely in my book.
I will be reporting back on this in my quest to get a response from politicians. Only Mike Hedges has offered a view so far, and this on Twitter.

Major Trauma Centre on 09:55 - Apr 23 with 2973 viewstrampie

Major Trauma Centre on 09:16 - Apr 23 by Private_Partz

This may be good news CJ. What do you think? I voted for her purely because she is a Swansea MP. I am frankly surprised she has got in as there seemed a concerted effort to get Cardiff based Julie Morgan in.
Apologies for being a bit quiet on this front. I am a new recruit to Tw@tter and have been attempting to ruffle a few feathers there ;-)
A warning to those emailing these politicians. You are likely to be contacted by their 'Case Worker' who, after filling out an online form or via a SAE, they will decide if you have a 'case' for the politician to take up.
All in the name of data protection. Putting up barriers not to answer questions is more likely in my book.
I will be reporting back on this in my quest to get a response from politicians. Only Mike Hedges has offered a view so far, and this on Twitter.

My issue with you partz is you seem biased, all Swansea Swansea, Swansea.
Swansea get their share compared to the rest of Wales, how can anyone vote for Harris over Morgan ?
I heard that Harris supported Owen Smith and Morgan supported Corbyn, Harris was largely supported by the parliamentary Labour party who are in the main Red Tories, Morgan was supported by the rank and file ordinary members.
I don't follow Labour as I'm a Plaid supporter and treat my politics like following a sports team but I have only heard negative things about Harris and positive things about Morgan.

You seem to me to have voted for more of the same.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024