Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? 07:58 - Jul 1 with 8457 viewsmarchamjack

Chatting over a few beers with my brother in law last night (talking Swans sht as ever) and we got round to the best Swans goals we'd seen over the years. Not the most important necessarily, just the best.

A few for starters -

We both said

Garry Stanley v City
Pratley v Forest
Trunds v Yeovil
Etc

More?

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 21:25 - Jul 1 with 1568 viewsDan_Swan

Don't remember the opposition but the goal came from a Freestone free kick, headed on by Cusack straight onto Steve Watkin's right peg. ball didn't hit the ground and he caught it so well. In front of the East Stand.

There are others I know but this sticks out for me.

Still following Dr's orders!

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 21:29 - Jul 1 with 1566 viewsDr_Winston

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 21:25 - Jul 1 by Dan_Swan

Don't remember the opposition but the goal came from a Freestone free kick, headed on by Cusack straight onto Steve Watkin's right peg. ball didn't hit the ground and he caught it so well. In front of the East Stand.

There are others I know but this sticks out for me.

Think that might have been against someone like Colchester. Fairly meaningless end of season game that started late because of the rain.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 03:06 - Jul 2 with 1473 viewsHumpty

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 16:33 - Jul 1 by Griffting

Best goal you've ever seen scored against us??

Lua Lua down the Vetch.

A young kid for Burnley down the Vetch.

Graham Roberts for West Brom at the Hawthorns to put them 2-0 up, before Johnny "The Postman" Williams and Steve Thornber stole the most undeserved win ever. 3-2. F*cking great it was.
What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 03:07 - Jul 2 with 1472 viewsHumpty

Plus Leggo's against Stoke.
What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 03:15 - Jul 2 with 1468 viewsHumpty

Scott Sinclair at the Liberty agains Forest. The one where he got it in our half out on the left wing, the meandered his way over to the right before smacking it in. A thing of beauty. Never understood the hatred of him.
What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 07:03 - Jul 2 with 1448 viewsRancid

Max Thompson's against Arsenal for me.Even though I was there I didn't really see it from the East Upper.I knew it was something special by everyones reaction but it was totally unexpected and only when I saw it on MOTD that night could you really appreciate it.

Trundle's against Carlisle in the final.Paolo di Canio and Bergkamp have won Goal of the season with lesser goals.
What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 07:37 - Jul 2 with 1461 viewsJackanapes

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 21:29 - Jul 1 by Dr_Winston

Think that might have been against someone like Colchester. Fairly meaningless end of season game that started late because of the rain.

There was a Hull game(last game of season 1999) that started late because of the rain. (And we made the playoffs going out to Scunthorpe.)
We played 4 times in a week due to fixture congestion. Watkin scored a belter vs Cambridge on the Thurs night. And a he think he also scored against Hull on the sat. I recall Hull were singing the great escape that day as they were bottom at Xmas, and indeed as recently as the month before.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2017 7:48]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 07:48 - Jul 2 with 1442 viewsDr_Winston

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 07:37 - Jul 2 by Jackanapes

There was a Hull game(last game of season 1999) that started late because of the rain. (And we made the playoffs going out to Scunthorpe.)
We played 4 times in a week due to fixture congestion. Watkin scored a belter vs Cambridge on the Thurs night. And a he think he also scored against Hull on the sat. I recall Hull were singing the great escape that day as they were bottom at Xmas, and indeed as recently as the month before.

That sounds more like it. Can remember the Watkin screamer but must have been a different game to the one I had in mind.

Think there was some controversy over that Hull game because the pitch was basically unplayable but the game couldn't be called off because of what was at stake?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 07:50 - Jul 2 with 1439 viewsJackanapes

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 07:48 - Jul 2 by Dr_Winston

That sounds more like it. Can remember the Watkin screamer but must have been a different game to the one I had in mind.

Think there was some controversy over that Hull game because the pitch was basically unplayable but the game couldn't be called off because of what was at stake?

Yup. The league wouldn't let us call it off due to playoffs etc. I remember queueing to to get in the East Stand, QUEUEING mind, almost all the way back to the bus garage, wondering where most of these walk up glory hunters had been all season... some things never change.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2017 7:52]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 08:00 - Jul 2 with 1422 viewstrampie

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 10:54 - Jul 1 by JBT95

Whats the best Wales goal you've seen OP? Probably only seen 15 so shouldn't be too hard.

Brian Flynn v Scotland in 75 and Mark Hughes v Spain in 85.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 08:21 - Jul 2 with 1412 viewsSTID2017

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 03:15 - Jul 2 by Humpty

Scott Sinclair at the Liberty agains Forest. The one where he got it in our half out on the left wing, the meandered his way over to the right before smacking it in. A thing of beauty. Never understood the hatred of him.

For his contribution in our promotion season and the first in the PL, he should be treated as one of our own.
We have some numpties following Swans who can't understand why a player might actually want to play for another club

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 08:29 - Jul 2 with 1402 viewsItchySphincter

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 07:37 - Jul 2 by Jackanapes

Hull rolled over for us that day. Pretty sure David D'Auria was playing for them.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 08:55 - Jul 2 with 1384 viewspencoedjack

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 08:21 - Jul 2 by STID2017

For his contribution in our promotion season and the first in the PL, he should be treated as one of our own.
We have some numpties following Swans who can't understand why a player might actually want to play for another club

I agree

Scotty's form in the promotion season was phenomenal he did well in the 1st PL season as well.

Plus he brought Helen and her fantastic chest to Swansea

He has way to much grief on here.
What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 10:59 - Jul 2 with 1345 viewsKilkennyjack

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 08:55 - Jul 2 by pencoedjack

I agree

Scotty's form in the promotion season was phenomenal he did well in the 1st PL season as well.

Plus he brought Helen and her fantastic chest to Swansea

He has way to much grief on here.

No Scotty, no Wembley party.

No Scotty, no Rosie.

No Scotty, no Celtic treble.

All great things. Thank you Scotty.

Beware of the Risen People

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 11:08 - Jul 2 with 1338 viewspencoedjack

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 10:59 - Jul 2 by Kilkennyjack

No Scotty, no Wembley party.

No Scotty, no Rosie.

No Scotty, no Celtic treble.

All great things. Thank you Scotty.

The last one is meaningless
What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 11:23 - Jul 2 with 1330 viewsStarsky

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 03:06 - Jul 2 by Humpty

Lua Lua down the Vetch.

A young kid for Burnley down the Vetch.

Graham Roberts for West Brom at the Hawthorns to put them 2-0 up, before Johnny "The Postman" Williams and Steve Thornber stole the most undeserved win ever. 3-2. F*cking great it was.

I was there. Great day

It's just the internet, init.

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 13:18 - Jul 2 with 1295 viewsEbo

I love team goals and the one from recent memory that had me purring was Lita v Blackburn.

One touch tiki taka all the way

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 13:19 - Jul 2 with 1295 viewsJackanapes

The Burnley goal(alluded to by Humpty) was scored by Ashley Hoskin in Friday evening game. A real belter. Think Scott Sinclair vs Forest in the home league game. Incidentally that Burnley game was one of the 2games Steve Lovell played for us.(2-2 draw)
[Post edited 2 Jul 2017 13:23]

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 13:32 - Jul 2 with 1276 viewsandrew

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 08:21 - Jul 1 by Dr_Winston

Kieron Durkan Vs Rushden & Diamonds.

This!!!!

I wish I could find a video of it.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 15:40 - Jul 2 with 1232 viewsShaky

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 13:19 - Jul 2 by Jackanapes

The Burnley goal(alluded to by Humpty) was scored by Ashley Hoskin in Friday evening game. A real belter. Think Scott Sinclair vs Forest in the home league game. Incidentally that Burnley game was one of the 2games Steve Lovell played for us.(2-2 draw)
[Post edited 2 Jul 2017 13:23]

So tell us were you up to your old vote rigging tricks again with the Trust poll earlier today, Psychoboy?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 15:42 - Jul 2 with 1230 viewsBorojack

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 13:32 - Jul 2 by andrew

This!!!!

I wish I could find a video of it.

Shelvey v Villa was pretty special loved his goal at Fulham as well.
But the best Swans goal has to be Curtis v Leeds.
My favourite Swans goal was Pratley v Forest.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 16:35 - Jul 2 with 1213 viewsr0ckin

trundle v preston in the cup, just more for the whole atmosphere.

I haven't seen an atmosphere that good since, the NB was rockin ;)

Peace

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 16:48 - Jul 2 with 1201 viewsFerryjack123

Kevin Mcleods 2nd or 3rd goal against Bristol City when we hammered them 7-1
What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 17:07 - Jul 2 with 1192 viewsLoyal

Steve Jenkins Exeter away in the cup.
Game was called off.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 17:11 - Jul 2 with 1190 viewsraynor94

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 16:35 - Jul 2 by r0ckin

trundle v preston in the cup, just more for the whole atmosphere.

I haven't seen an atmosphere that good since, the NB was rockin ;)

What an an afternoon, one down, Robbo scores a earlier of a free kick, and then the coup de grace Trundle winner, he ran the length of an exploding North Bank happy days indeed

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024