Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit boom 11:57 - Jul 5 with 35472 viewsr0ckin

Won't tell you this in the express, mail, sun

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/uk-service-sector-miss-forecasts

notice eurozone doing very well.

If we said brexit was off the table tomorrow we'd be booming and we'd all be enjoying a pay rise. We are in for a gloomy few years all for nothing. It p1sses me off.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2017 11:59]

Peace

Brexit boom on 17:49 - Jul 12 with 1870 viewsdailew

Brexit boom on 16:49 - Jul 12 by felixstowe_jack

If there are so many jobs in the EU why have over 3,000,000 EU citizens come to the UK to work? The reason is simple more jobs and better pay in the UK compared to the most Countries in the EU.

East Europeans were allowed in 7 years earlier than most other countries.

Even allowing for this the percentage of residents born in another EU country isn't much higher than for other countries.

In fact Sweden and Ireland, the only other countries that allowed EE citizens access to work in 2004 have a much higher percentage.

Using your logic they must simply have more jobs and better pay than the UK.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Brexit boom on 18:21 - Jul 12 with 1853 viewsLeonWasGod

Brexit boom on 16:56 - Jul 12 by jack247

I doubt there are 'millions' either studying for useless degrees or working 16 hours. There are only 60 odd million of us in total.

ONS reckons there are over 7 million part-timers, working an average of 18 hrs a week. And that excludes the self-employed. That compares to 18.5 million full-time workers, again excluding self-employed.

And the re are over 2 million degree & postgrad students.

So there could be easily.

I can't believe I just looked that up
[Post edited 12 Jul 2017 18:23]
Brexit boom on 18:25 - Jul 12 with 1850 viewsBatterseajack

Brexit boom on 16:49 - Jul 12 by felixstowe_jack

If there are so many jobs in the EU why have over 3,000,000 EU citizens come to the UK to work? The reason is simple more jobs and better pay in the UK compared to the most Countries in the EU.

So what's your point? Cut off the work force and starve our industries?
Brexit boom on 18:34 - Jul 12 with 1841 viewslonglostjack

Brexit boom on 18:25 - Jul 12 by Batterseajack

Exactly. The hotel and catering business would be the first to collapse.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Brexit boom on 18:40 - Jul 12 with 1831 viewsBatterseajack

Brexit boom on 18:34 - Jul 12 by longlostjack

Not just the service industries, about 50% of architects, structural and services engineers I deal with are from the EU
Brexit boom on 21:07 - Jul 12 with 1799 viewsSwans777

Brexit boom on 18:25 - Jul 12 by Batterseajack

How about educate and train British people, instead of consigning them to the scrap heap.
Brexit boom on 21:09 - Jul 12 with 1795 viewsSwans777

Brexit boom on 18:34 - Jul 12 by longlostjack

How did the hotel and catering industries manage before , the flood gates were opened ?.
Brexit boom on 22:10 - Jul 12 with 1774 viewslonglostjack

Brexit boom on 21:09 - Jul 12 by Swans777

How did the hotel and catering industries manage before , the flood gates were opened ?.

You have to move with the times mun. It's not the 50ies any longer. Blackpool landladies have been replaced by Premier and Holiday Inns these days ;-)

Login to get fewer ads

Brexit boom on 22:52 - Jul 12 with 1749 viewssherpajacob

Prior to 1973, the UK hotel and catering industries were simply dreadful. A laughing stock by international standards at the time.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Brexit boom on 22:53 - Jul 12 with 1745 viewsBatterseajack

Brexit boom on 21:07 - Jul 12 by Swans777

How about educate and train British people, instead of consigning them to the scrap heap.

We'll go on then, please tell me what obstacles the British people have to grt trained up to become architects and professional engineers? Other than £50g of student debt. British people do have preference over Europeans workers when it comes recruiting the construction sector, but there's just isn't enough of them.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2017 22:55]
Brexit boom on 22:57 - Jul 12 with 1740 viewsBatterseajack

They were notoriously sh!t
Brexit boom on 04:37 - Jul 13 with 1714 viewsSwans777

Brexit boom on 22:57 - Jul 12 by Batterseajack

They were notoriously sh!t

This is the narrative that doesn't doesn't wash with me.
As a country, we survived perfectly well before the flood gates were opened, and will once again, when we close them again.
Brexit boom on 04:46 - Jul 13 with 1713 viewsSwans777

Brexit boom on 22:53 - Jul 12 by Batterseajack

We'll go on then, please tell me what obstacles the British people have to grt trained up to become architects and professional engineers? Other than £50g of student debt. British people do have preference over Europeans workers when it comes recruiting the construction sector, but there's just isn't enough of them.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2017 22:55]

Well In the industry that I work in, companies have neglected British workers for many years, and insisted taken the cheap option of importing foreign labour, by not investing in especially young British workers.
If there is a shortage in a particular industry in the future, we can recruit from overseas, and not what we have at the moment, which is a total disaster.
Brexit boom on 08:41 - Jul 13 with 1690 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I see the Irish Republic are asking the EU not to punish the UK in the negotiations. We are their largest trading partner by far. Why don't they leave the EU as well and agree a free trade deal with the UK. We could also continue our Common travel agreement which predates our EU membership. Problem solved.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Brexit boom on 09:50 - Jul 13 with 1668 viewsLeonWasGod

Brexit boom on 08:41 - Jul 13 by felixstowe_jack

I see the Irish Republic are asking the EU not to punish the UK in the negotiations. We are their largest trading partner by far. Why don't they leave the EU as well and agree a free trade deal with the UK. We could also continue our Common travel agreement which predates our EU membership. Problem solved.

The EU (after taking out the UK figures) is clearly Irelands largest trading partner, making up 38% ($72bn) of their imports and exports. They'd be mad to jack that in and then have to go through negotiating a series of bilateral trade deals and the same time that Brexit is going to be having to be dealt with.

Besides they've just elected a president who appears to want to reach out and build bridges, not walls. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be daft enough to go down the same route as us.

Ireland's 2016 trade figures from here - https://tradingeconomics.com/ireland/exports-by-country

- Export to EU, excluding the UK is $45.5bn
- Exports to the States is $33bn
- Exports to UK is 16.5bn

- Imports from the EU, excluding UK is $27bn
- Imports from the UK is $18.4bn
- Imports from US is 12.7bn
Brexit boom on 10:02 - Jul 13 with 1662 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The new French President wants to set up a new Eurozone Parliament (19 Countries) with a finance minister etc, to decide the Eurozone economic policy. No sure what the 27 EU Countries will make of that of that. Will it lead to a two tier EU. Top tier the 19 Euro Countries deciding the economic policies for the second tier countries the 8 Countries not using the Euro but in the EU.

Mind you could just be a plot by the French to reduce German's financial muscle.

Brexit boom on 10:04 - Jul 13 with 1662 viewsLeonWasGod

Brexit boom on 04:46 - Jul 13 by Swans777

Well In the industry that I work in, companies have neglected British workers for many years, and insisted taken the cheap option of importing foreign labour, by not investing in especially young British workers.
If there is a shortage in a particular industry in the future, we can recruit from overseas, and not what we have at the moment, which is a total disaster.

There'll be winners and losers in this. I'm not sure what industry you're in, but employers certainly do make use of any opportunity to cut costs, that's not in question. It's less clear how things will change after Brexit.

I'm pretty sure that little will change in agriculture - haven't the government already said that they'll allow seasonal workers to still come here? And there's going to be pressure to increase overseas nurses after the collapse seen in numbers registering since the referendum.

It will be interesting to see what happens in other industries that use a lot of EU workers - construction being one of the the headline ones. I expect the industry will be lobbying hard to maintain a flow of cheap labour, however that's achieved. Hopefully there are more opportunities for our own people though.

But again it's worth noting that David Davis has already conceded that some businesses depend on immigrants and that numbers will not necessarily go down after Brexit (ignore the Tory target of net immigration of 10s of thousands - that's b0ll0x. Businesses will never let them do that (we've c. 130,000 EU students for example, and these are still to be counted in the figures).
Brexit boom on 10:11 - Jul 13 with 1658 viewsHighjack

Brexit boom on 08:25 - Jul 12 by Kerouac

I love how all these lefties are now arguing in the interests of International Banking.

That article amounts to the banks trying to dictate to the UK government and people what should we do and on what timetable or they will move a few thousand jobs in London...which they would need to move to Europe anyway if we are to believe a word that comes out of the EU Commission.

Big f*cking deal.
Get on with it banks.
Spare us your threats, enjoy EU regulation, don't let the door hit you on the arse.

The fecking Labour party, what a tragedy it has become.
The 'Middle class, public sector employee, City of London' Party more like....oh I missed out LGBT yet Islamic, anti-semitic, anti-democratic, anti-British, anti-American, pro-German, lying b*stard, slandering, tragedy vulture, SCUM, party as well.

I have been saying this all along. How proud Mrs Thatcher would have been to have so many of her working class subjects fiercely standing up for her precious 'markets'. She always said that new labour was her finest achievement. New labour was Thatcherism in all but name. Perhaps new labour runs deeper in the mindset than people would be comfortable in admitting.It's also noticeable that the brexiters in the Labour Party are generally the old school proper lefties. Skinner etc.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Brexit boom on 21:28 - Jul 13 with 1576 viewsnice_to_michu

So Trump visits France to speak with Macron. Last week it was a state visit to Poland. I thought we were supposed to be "front of the queue"?! Apparently Trump is coming until "sometime in 2018" when his schedule permits.

And to think Obama got slaughtered for saying that we would be "back of the queue"....

Brexit boom on 22:02 - Jul 13 with 1561 viewsEbo

Brexit boom on 21:28 - Jul 13 by nice_to_michu

So Trump visits France to speak with Macron. Last week it was a state visit to Poland. I thought we were supposed to be "front of the queue"?! Apparently Trump is coming until "sometime in 2018" when his schedule permits.

And to think Obama got slaughtered for saying that we would be "back of the queue"....

He'll be impeached by then.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-impeachment-b

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Brexit boom on 22:20 - Jul 13 with 1552 viewslonglostjack

Brexit boom on 21:28 - Jul 13 by nice_to_michu

He's going to do a big deal a very very big deal with Maybot and it will be powerful very powerful.

Brexit boom on 23:29 - Jul 13 with 1522 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit boom on 08:41 - Jul 13 by felixstowe_jack

The Easter Rising in Dublin in 1916 might give you the answer.

Ireland re-took its rightful place amongst the nations of the world.
Nobody ever regrets becoming Independent.

wales should try it.

Beware of the Risen People

Brexit boom on 08:38 - Jul 14 with 1475 viewsfelixstowe_jack

You wonder why if the Irish hate Britain so much why do they still speak English instead of their own Language. They seem to love Britain so much that there are more people of Irish descent living in the UK than in the Irish Republic

Brexit boom on 19:59 - Jul 14 with 1426 viewsSwans777

Brexit boom on 23:29 - Jul 13 by Kilkennyjack

The Easter Rising in Dublin in 1916 might give you the answer.

Ireland re-took its rightful place amongst the nations of the world.
Nobody ever regrets becoming Independent.

wales should try it.

You seem to have twisted logic ?.
It's seems ok for the Irish, Scottish and Welsh to have independence, but not the British.
It would be pointless having a referendum regarding Welsh independence (waste of time & money), because I'd imagine at least 90% of Welsh people would vote no independence.
Brexit boom on 23:30 - Jul 14 with 1398 viewsexiledclaseboy

I have faith in Brexit Bulldog David Davis to bring it home for us. No, really.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024