Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson 11:38 - Jul 23 with 91787 viewsLiam

Lots of people saying this on Twitter.

With Everton - £40m up front + £5m addons
[Post edited 23 Jul 2017 11:49]
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:16 - Jul 24 with 2599 viewsmagicdaps10

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:12 - Jul 24 by ChrisSCFC

Give it 2 weeks he'd come round, like Rangel after being denied his dream move to Blackpool.

And Ferrie after his house hunting in Derby.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:16 - Jul 24 with 2594 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Genius.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:17 - Jul 24 with 2586 viewsSwansea93

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:12 - Jul 24 by ChrisSCFC

Give it 2 weeks he'd come round, like Rangel after being denied his dream move to Blackpool.

Fulham wasn't it, and Bodde was the same when Derby came knocking.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:19 - Jul 24 with 2558 viewstomdickharry

Remember a few seasons back when Gareth Barry was with Villa,was wanted by Man City who never ever offered Villa the transfer fee they required,i.e. £19M, every offer they made (all under £19M) was rejected as £19N was the fee,he stayed at Villa. Possibly we are in a similar situation with Siggy,£50M or he stays.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:21 - Jul 24 with 2524 viewsjack247

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:09 - Jul 24 by EFC

Personally think we'll offer £45 million rising to £50 with add ons and it'll be done. What's your financial situation like in terms of signing players? Personally I think it's a risky game Swansea are playing when they need to get in a replacement and get them bedded into the squad. Sunderland fans who i spoke to were gutted they played hard ball over Kone last summer then when we pulled our interest he pulled a strop and never looked arsed during the season. Not saying Siggurdsson would do that like.

Hopefully this is resolved sooner rather than later for both clubs!

I'd rather we just sold him now. He isn't a £45m player.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:22 - Jul 24 with 2507 viewsTheFranchise

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:21 - Jul 24 by jack247

he is worth whatever we ask
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:23 - Jul 24 with 2482 viewsBorojack

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:03 - Jul 24 by raynor94

£45 million is being walked all over? Well your sense of value is a lot different to mine

They are asking 50 million for Berkley Sigurdsson is the better player.
Leicester want 50 million for Mahrez who did nothing last season.
Kyle Walker has just gone for 52 million they have sold Lukaku for 90 million 50 is the price and a fair one when you compare it to them players.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:25 - Jul 24 with 2445 viewsEFC

He seems a good lad so I doubt he would kick up a fuss if he did stay but if he doesn't give 100% I think it's very risky on Swanseas part keeping hold of him. We wanted £100 million for Lukaku but sold for £75 rising to 90 as we didn't want a half arsed Rom around the dressing room (we found that our with Stones and Lescott in previous saga's)

I think you lads will get the £50 million in add ons but I wouldn't be disappointed to see us walk away either tbh, plenty of good players out there for £45 million wish we would actually do some scouting!
Login to get fewer ads

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:26 - Jul 24 with 2423 viewsjack247

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:22 - Jul 24 by TheFranchise

he is worth whatever we ask

Yeah fine, as long as they don't walk away or drag this out until the end of August.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:27 - Jul 24 with 2422 viewsEFC

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:23 - Jul 24 by Borojack

They are asking 50 million for Berkley Sigurdsson is the better player.
Leicester want 50 million for Mahrez who did nothing last season.
Kyle Walker has just gone for 52 million they have sold Lukaku for 90 million 50 is the price and a fair one when you compare it to them players.

We'll get nowhere near £50 million for Barkley more like £25-30 million. You can't compare English players as they go for the "English premium" rightly or wrongly. We also put a price tag of £100 million on Lukaku originally.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:28 - Jul 24 with 2406 viewsTheFranchise

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:26 - Jul 24 by jack247

Yeah fine, as long as they don't walk away or drag this out until the end of August.

if they walk away, he stays and we keep a match winner
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:28 - Jul 24 with 2387 viewsraynor94

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:05 - Jul 24 by Oldjack

if they back away ,Siggy stays ,job done

Absolute rubbish, if you think he's staying your even more barking than I thought you were

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:30 - Jul 24 with 2340 viewsChrisSCFC

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:27 - Jul 24 by EFC

We'll get nowhere near £50 million for Barkley more like £25-30 million. You can't compare English players as they go for the "English premium" rightly or wrongly. We also put a price tag of £100 million on Lukaku originally.

Should had held out for the other 25, could afford Gylfi then.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:32 - Jul 24 with 2314 viewsChrisSCFC

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:25 - Jul 24 by EFC

He seems a good lad so I doubt he would kick up a fuss if he did stay but if he doesn't give 100% I think it's very risky on Swanseas part keeping hold of him. We wanted £100 million for Lukaku but sold for £75 rising to 90 as we didn't want a half arsed Rom around the dressing room (we found that our with Stones and Lescott in previous saga's)

I think you lads will get the £50 million in add ons but I wouldn't be disappointed to see us walk away either tbh, plenty of good players out there for £45 million wish we would actually do some scouting!

Not exactly a like for like comparison is it one's signing for Manchester United the other Everton.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:32 - Jul 24 with 2307 viewsTheFranchise

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:30 - Jul 24 by ChrisSCFC

Should had held out for the other 25, could afford Gylfi then.

The thing is with Lukaku's agent, he is the type to sit around and sulk. I've never got that feeling from Siggy.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:35 - Jul 24 with 2255 viewsJacket

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 19:59 - Jul 24 by ChrisSCFC

Thought he was under contract.

Give them until the weekend...£50 million.

I didn't mean it literally. We could play hard ball until it's too late to bed any replacements. But all we would be doing is cutting our noses to spite our faces.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:36 - Jul 24 with 2238 viewsBorojack

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:27 - Jul 24 by EFC

I am sure I read somewhere that 50 was the price Everton wanted for Barkley.
Yes may not get it I think he only has one year left to go Sigurdsson has 3 will still be worth near 50 in January.
Barkley will be able to talk to other clubs then.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:36 - Jul 24 with 2236 viewsGlyn1

I think that that's the point. A couple of weeks ago the majority view seemed to be that we should try and keep him at all costs. Then Everton offered £40+ million and the majority view swung completely the other way (including me).

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:36 - Jul 24 with 2226 viewsChrisSCFC

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:35 - Jul 24 by Jacket

I didn't mean it literally. We could play hard ball until it's too late to bed any replacements. But all we would be doing is cutting our noses to spite our faces.

Don't think keeping our best player would be a disaster myself.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:38 - Jul 24 with 2199 viewsicecoldjack

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:09 - Jul 24 by EFC

Personally think we'll offer £45 million rising to £50 with add ons and it'll be done. What's your financial situation like in terms of signing players? Personally I think it's a risky game Swansea are playing when they need to get in a replacement and get them bedded into the squad. Sunderland fans who i spoke to were gutted they played hard ball over Kone last summer then when we pulled our interest he pulled a strop and never looked arsed during the season. Not saying Siggurdsson would do that like.

Hopefully this is resolved sooner rather than later for both clubs!

It's probably even more a risky game selling a proven goalscorer and match winner though.

If we sold him on day 1 of the transfer window we'd still be struggling to fill his boots, mostly because other players will always hold out for bigger clubs/London clubs before signing for us.
It could be that he stays, gets us safe by January and then he goes to you lot for £35m which IMO would be a much better all round deal for everyone, we've cashed in another prem season and profit then have time to plan for new arrivals and the money is in place ready for summer shopping.

It worked that way with Bony so maybe it will work that way again .
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:39 - Jul 24 with 2193 views34dfgdf54

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:26 - Jul 24 by jack247

You can just see it happening late on.

Would be an absolute disaster.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:39 - Jul 24 with 2178 viewsSwansea93

To me judging by Sigurdsson's tantrums on the pitch and not going to America, I can see him sulking if it doesn't go through.

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:40 - Jul 24 with 2162 viewsChrisSCFC

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:39 - Jul 24 by 34dfgdf54

You can just see it happening late on.

Would be an absolute disaster.

That'd be the worst case scenario. Here's hoping the Yanks are more clued up than that.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:40 - Jul 24 with 2159 viewsEFC

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:32 - Jul 24 by ChrisSCFC

Not exactly a like for like comparison is it one's signing for Manchester United the other Everton.

I don't get why your being hostile tbh, we are a more attractive proposition and Siggurdssons not getting any younger, He'll be what 29 next season? He knows this is his last chance realistically to join a club challenging for Europe/top 4. You'll never get £45 million+ from any of the top 6 clubs and he doesn't want to move to Leicester.

I used to be like you mate and thought "sod the player if he has to stay he stays" then when you hit the glass ceiling of 6/7th and realise players have the power in modern football sadly you accept modern day football for what it is - players, managers and owners come and go, you just hope you reinvest the money/appoint better people.

Swansea are fully entitled to hold out for what they want, but part of me hopes we don't go to £50 million and look elsewhere, Mahrez for a reported £30 million would be much more value for money although it's not my money so I'll leave it to the club ha!
[Post edited 24 Jul 2017 20:43]
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:44 - Jul 24 with 2088 viewsSwansea93

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:40 - Jul 24 by EFC

I don't get why your being hostile tbh, we are a more attractive proposition and Siggurdssons not getting any younger, He'll be what 29 next season? He knows this is his last chance realistically to join a club challenging for Europe/top 4. You'll never get £45 million+ from any of the top 6 clubs and he doesn't want to move to Leicester.

I used to be like you mate and thought "sod the player if he has to stay he stays" then when you hit the glass ceiling of 6/7th and realise players have the power in modern football sadly you accept modern day football for what it is - players, managers and owners come and go, you just hope you reinvest the money/appoint better people.

Swansea are fully entitled to hold out for what they want, but part of me hopes we don't go to £50 million and look elsewhere, Mahrez for a reported £30 million would be much more value for money although it's not my money so I'll leave it to the club ha!
[Post edited 24 Jul 2017 20:43]

Leicester want 50m for Mahrez

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024