Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When was the last time... 19:37 - Aug 1 with 2534 viewsBournedore

...we had a summer transfer window you were REALLY happy with?

I'm struggling to think of one where pretty much everyone was doing cartwheels. What else would we moan about eh?
When was the last time... on 19:39 - Aug 1 with 2523 viewsJackfath

It must be awfully frustrating for Mr Clement.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

When was the last time... on 19:42 - Aug 1 with 2505 viewsairedale

We don't really know what's going on though, because its always hush hush.
When was the last time... on 19:51 - Aug 1 with 2472 viewsBournedore

I quite enjoyed the Spanish invasion of 12/13. Was a bit of an unknown, and Michu ended up making it a blinder of a transfer window all on his own. Didn't have a clue at the time though.
When was the last time... on 19:53 - Aug 1 with 2461 viewsRancid

Yep the Spanish invasion was great but i do remember Pablo Hernandez's transfer dragging on forever.
When was the last time... on 19:55 - Aug 1 with 2451 viewsGaryjack

I remember most being excited about the squads we had after the two pre season windows under Laudrup.
When was the last time... on 20:05 - Aug 1 with 2406 viewsphact0rri

When was the last time... on 19:55 - Aug 1 by Garyjack

I remember most being excited about the squads we had after the two pre season windows under Laudrup.

yeah I came back to watching the footie after the first laudrop season and I was excited and happy. but I also had no idea what was going on. just watching it all with a grin on my face *l*

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

When was the last time... on 20:09 - Aug 1 with 2383 viewsmonmouth

Probably the Bodde, Rangel, Pratley, Scotland, Anderson year.

You never know how it will pan out though. I guess we'll just see.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

When was the last time... on 20:14 - Aug 1 with 2361 viewsBorojack

When was the last time... on 19:55 - Aug 1 by Garyjack

The Cussack transfer window was interesting 2002.
Had 7 players with league experience from the season before.
How did that pan out.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Login to get fewer ads

When was the last time... on 21:39 - Aug 1 with 2285 viewsGaryjack

When was the last time... on 20:14 - Aug 1 by Borojack

The Cussack transfer window was interesting 2002.
Had 7 players with league experience from the season before.
How did that pan out.

That's a good shout actually. I remember many thinking Cussack was the next Messiah and we would piss the league!
When was the last time... on 23:00 - Aug 1 with 2226 viewsBorojack

When was the last time... on 21:39 - Aug 1 by Garyjack

That's a good shout actually. I remember many thinking Cussack was the next Messiah and we would piss the league!

Yes what we would have given for a 5 million Jenkins signing in them days.
I got excited by Jonathen Keavney and Tommy Mutton

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

When was the last time... on 03:37 - Aug 2 with 2090 viewsLoyal

Charmers, Walker and Hughes.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

When was the last time... on 03:46 - Aug 2 with 2087 viewsPozuelosSideys

What have the other clubs below the top 6 or 7 done so far then? Dont we all usually wait for the top boys to do their business, then all scramble when we know they are done?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

When was the last time... on 07:34 - Aug 2 with 1990 viewsLeonWasGod

That would be when we signed Michu (and Laudrup, and JdG). I remember Laudrup saying this lad is going to fit the PL perfectly, and he wasn't wrong.

We're in danger of repeating the c0ck up of last summer if we aren't careful. Just get it done, whatever the outcome. If Siggy is off, get him out the door and 1 or a few new ones in asap. Give Clement a chance innit.
When was the last time... on 08:16 - Aug 2 with 1929 viewsLandore_Jack

When was the last time... on 07:34 - Aug 2 by LeonWasGod

That would be when we signed Michu (and Laudrup, and JdG). I remember Laudrup saying this lad is going to fit the PL perfectly, and he wasn't wrong.

We're in danger of repeating the c0ck up of last summer if we aren't careful. Just get it done, whatever the outcome. If Siggy is off, get him out the door and 1 or a few new ones in asap. Give Clement a chance innit.

Totally agree. The current squad has no strength in depth and is missing quality in key areas. E.g. RB.

#backtojack

When was the last time... on 08:16 - Aug 2 with 1929 viewscostalotta

The two summer windows ML had were IMO th best.

I agree though it does look like we are repeating the fiasco of last summer. Given the BS excuses from HJ about distractions and learning the lessons from a year ago I can't wait for the excuses this year.

I have to say though, I would have though we'd have done our business very early given the way it went last season (apparently) loosing out on a few players.

Get it done innit.
When was the last time... on 09:29 - Aug 2 with 1850 viewswestwalesed

I naively thought that after the near scrape of last season and the debacle of Llorente (who came good) coming in virtually the day before the season started, we wouldn't make the same mistake.

Could be worse this year. Mesa aside, no signings and a pissed off player to boot.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

When was the last time... on 10:02 - Aug 2 with 1824 viewsAussieSwan

Jenkins has to go, or at least hand in the reigns over transfers

He's killing the club. But nobody has the gumption to overthrow him. It's a disgrace, but it's not even a surprise any more

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

When was the last time... on 12:35 - Aug 2 with 1765 viewsTNT

Jimmy Gilligan and Terry Connor

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

When was the last time... on 12:53 - Aug 2 with 1745 viewsKilkennyjack

When was the last time... on 20:09 - Aug 1 by monmouth

Probably the Bodde, Rangel, Pratley, Scotland, Anderson year.

You never know how it will pan out though. I guess we'll just see.

Was Bouza and Gomez also that same roberto year ?

Beware of the Risen People

When was the last time... on 17:53 - Aug 2 with 1685 viewscostalotta

When was the last time... on 12:53 - Aug 2 by Kilkennyjack

Was Bouza and Gomez also that same roberto year ?

Gomez came a year later when got championship I think
When was the last time... on 18:07 - Aug 2 with 1671 viewsawayjack

When was the last time... on 10:02 - Aug 2 by AussieSwan

Jenkins has to go, or at least hand in the reigns over transfers

He's killing the club. But nobody has the gumption to overthrow him. It's a disgrace, but it's not even a surprise any more

Being DOF, Chairman and shareholder is a joke and a huge conflict of interest. He's useless as DOF and amazed the yanks let him continue considering how much it's cost is in wages and transfer fees for players that hardly touch a ball. He's obviously using the Laudrup window as example to the yanks of how great he is and probably lied (yet again!) and blamed managers for the dross signings over last couple of seasons.
When was the last time... on 19:03 - Aug 2 with 1656 viewsgiantstoneater

When was the last time... on 03:37 - Aug 2 by Loyal

Charmers, Walker and Hughes.

I was just thinking the same!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024