Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. 16:07 - Aug 2 with 4831 viewsTheResurrection

Clement wants him out.

Clement needs to prepare for the season and get replacements in.

The Americans are stubbornly holding out for £50m

But this is having a major wider implication.

The fans. The 21% owners have spoken. The Trust MUST deliver our message immediately.

GET THE DEAL DONE.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 20:03 - Aug 2 with 782 viewsDarran

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 20:01 - Aug 2 by londonlisa2001

He said he would never put the future of the club in jeopardy and that the new owners would allow the club to move to the next level as well.

He said our aim was to keep our best players and add to the squad.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 20:05 - Aug 2 with 779 viewsLandore_Jack

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 20:01 - Aug 2 by londonlisa2001

He said he would never put the future of the club in jeopardy and that the new owners would allow the club to move to the next level as well.

You can tell when HJ is lying. His lips move.

#backtojack

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 20:05 - Aug 2 with 778 viewsNeath_Jack

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 19:54 - Aug 2 by Darran

Huw Jenkins stated in public we wanted to keep him.

In Huw we trust, again now is it?

For f*ck sake mun.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 20:07 - Aug 2 with 772 viewsTheResurrection

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 20:03 - Aug 2 by Darran

He said our aim was to keep our best players and add to the squad.

Exactly. And that didn't mean Siggy.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 20:07 - Aug 2 with 769 viewsDarran

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 20:05 - Aug 2 by Neath_Jack

In Huw we trust, again now is it?

For f*ck sake mun.

Not from me it isn't I'm just saying what he said.

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 20:07 - Aug 2 with 762 viewsraynor94

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 19:53 - Aug 2 by Meraki

The best one is everyone saying Siggy has refused to play for us, they have been keeping him wrapped up in cotton wool to ensure he picks up no injuries so that we can ship him out.

Well he did after the Barnet game, didn't want to go on the tour because " his head wasn't right" because of the Everton speculation

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 20:07 - Aug 2 with 762 viewsFlashberryjack

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 19:51 - Aug 2 by londonlisa2001

Aye, stating a price at the beginning of the summer is a definite 'hands off'.

All they are doing is negotiating.

If they didn't want to sell him, rather than say 'the price is £50m' they would have said something like, oh, I don't know, 'he's not for sale' perhaps?

Maybe by saying we want £50 million for him, was as good as saying "hands off"

We certainly wouldn't be the first club to slap a huge price tag on a player in order to deter other clubs.

However If the deal comes off for close to £45 million, then fantastic business by the club, if it doesn't, we get keep one of our most influential players.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 20:08 - Aug 2 with 758 viewsDarran

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 20:07 - Aug 2 by TheResurrection

Exactly. And that didn't mean Siggy.

Well obviously not to you because you don't think he's one of our best players.

Login to get fewer ads

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 20:10 - Aug 2 with 730 viewsmagicdaps10

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 19:37 - Aug 2 by Darran

How did you know?

Apart from having the word tattooed on his forehead, its obvious to anyone.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 20:11 - Aug 2 with 725 viewsDarran

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 20:10 - Aug 2 by magicdaps10

Apart from having the word tattooed on his forehead, its obvious to anyone.

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 20:11 - Aug 2 with 721 viewslondonlisa2001

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 20:07 - Aug 2 by Flashberryjack

We certainly wouldn't be the first club to slap a huge price tag on a player in order to deter other clubs.

However If the deal comes off for close to £45 million, then fantastic business by the club, if it doesn't, we get keep one of our most influential players.

I agree it's fantastic business. I've said so for weeks.

I wanted them to accept the last offer.

I also think he's a great player. But he's not a £45m player.

Not when the rest of the squad is in the state it's in.

A right back, midfielder and wide / forward would be far better for us than one midfielder. It is what it is.
Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 20:16 - Aug 2 with 692 viewsSwanjaxs

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 20:07 - Aug 2 by Flashberryjack

Thing is Sigurdsson doesn't want to play for us anymore, if his "dream move" to Everton doesn't materialise we will have a deeply unhappy player on her hands, and our supposedly most influential player will be no more, this move has to happen by hook or by crook
[Post edited 2 Aug 2017 20:24]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 20:27 - Aug 2 with 664 viewsplasjack

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 20:11 - Aug 2 by londonlisa2001

A right back, midfielder and wide / forward would be far better for us than one midfielder. It is what it is.

It's inflated because of the new TV dosh, in actual fact Neymar for near 200 euros is calling PSG bluff and could invoke FFP rules as a parallel scenario in France, as they want money up front. If Everton sign Siggy I think it will be their record money transfer deal, but their owners are mega rich, not American chancers.
Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 20:31 - Aug 2 with 649 viewsFlashberryjack

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 20:11 - Aug 2 by londonlisa2001

I agree with all of that, except I would have pushed for a little more after the last offer, as has been done by the club, plus Everton do seem a pretty keen buyer, and that usually puts the seller in a very good negotiating position.

Is he worth £45 million ? the same question could be asked about Pogba and a host of other players, whereas at the end of the day, they're only worth what someone is prepared to pay, and if Everton are prepared to pay £50 million, then that's what he's worth.

I do think that he'll be gone in the next couple of day's, and I agree wholeheartedly with you regarding using the money to strengthen to team, my fear is that only a very small proportion will be.

Hopefully those fears are unfounded, we'll wait and see.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 20:32 - Aug 2 with 642 viewslonglostjack

I wonder what the communication lines are on this deal. On the Everton side Koeman has stated that it was up to the Board. What about us? Does the Trust have a say as a major shareholder? Do Justin and Steve call the shots or do they have to discuss it with somebody in the background thanks to Delaware law? What influence does PC have or HJ for that matter ?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 20:34 - Aug 2 with 632 viewsOldjack

Most fans want to keep him, as do the board and manager, hence the silly price tag, WTF is this resurrection on

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 20:36 - Aug 2 with 621 viewsraynor94

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 20:34 - Aug 2 by Oldjack

Most fans want to keep him, as do the board and manager, hence the silly price tag, WTF is this resurrection on

Well, you must be living on fantasy island, if that's what you believe

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 20:40 - Aug 2 with 605 viewsSwanjaxs

Your missing one vital point ..... Gylfi Sigurdsson wants away to Everton! Forget about the contract extension he signed this time last year, he wants out, his position is now untenable at Swansea City Football ClubI
[Post edited 2 Aug 2017 20:42]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 20:44 - Aug 2 with 589 viewsjack247

Most fans do, but many can see that kind of money could significantly improve us if reinvested well.
The board definitely wanted to keep him a few weeks ago, whether that's changed or not, I don't know.
I really don't think Clement does. I think he would happily sell Siggy and Llorente for big bucks and reshape a more fluid, dynamic attack.

Whatever anyone wants, it's blindingly obvious that, at this moment in time, it's happening. Could always fall through, but you don't get quotes like Leon's yesterday and Clement's today if it's not pretty close to being agreed.
Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 20:46 - Aug 2 with 579 viewscockneyswan

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 19:26 - Aug 2 by Darran

Yes I do. 👀

Are you wearing that syrup for a bet Dar
Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 20:50 - Aug 2 with 558 viewsDarran

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 20:46 - Aug 2 by cockneyswan

Are you wearing that syrup for a bet Dar

I've sold it to Clement now.

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 20:52 - Aug 2 with 549 viewsOldjack

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 20:40 - Aug 2 by Swanjaxs

Your missing one vital point ..... Gylfi Sigurdsson wants away to Everton! Forget about the contract extension he signed this time last year, he wants out, his position is now untenable at Swansea City Football ClubI
[Post edited 2 Aug 2017 20:42]

Facts, that's what we need here ,not gossip ,but it does now look we've got another money grabbing kant who thinks the grass is greener ,Bony was a classic case

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 20:52 - Aug 2 with 547 views34dfgdf54

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 20:44 - Aug 2 by jack247

Most fans do, but many can see that kind of money could significantly improve us if reinvested well.
The board definitely wanted to keep him a few weeks ago, whether that's changed or not, I don't know.
I really don't think Clement does. I think he would happily sell Siggy and Llorente for big bucks and reshape a more fluid, dynamic attack.

Whatever anyone wants, it's blindingly obvious that, at this moment in time, it's happening. Could always fall through, but you don't get quotes like Leon's yesterday and Clement's today if it's not pretty close to being agreed.

Don't get me wrong here, if it was a few weeks back, sell both and replace with players which like you said, make us more fluid and dynamic in attack, in footballing terms it's too late now if you ask me, I'd be keeping both.

Back to the post, what makes you think Clement would sell and change the way we play. According to Derby fans his teams were defence first and quite one dimensional going forward, he's not a manager in the Laudrup / Martinez mould, completely different ideas about how teams should play.
Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 20:58 - Aug 2 with 526 viewsKGriz16

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 20:52 - Aug 2 by 34dfgdf54

Don't get me wrong here, if it was a few weeks back, sell both and replace with players which like you said, make us more fluid and dynamic in attack, in footballing terms it's too late now if you ask me, I'd be keeping both.

Back to the post, what makes you think Clement would sell and change the way we play. According to Derby fans his teams were defence first and quite one dimensional going forward, he's not a manager in the Laudrup / Martinez mould, completely different ideas about how teams should play.

Not really too late. Neither has trained with the team at pre-season so wouldn't really make a difference to PC's plans for the Summer. Ayew, however, is a Clement signing and is a lot different to the way Llorente plays (which would suggest he has other plans)
Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 21:02 - Aug 2 with 505 viewslondonlisa2001

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 20:31 - Aug 2 by Flashberryjack

I agree with all of that, except I would have pushed for a little more after the last offer, as has been done by the club, plus Everton do seem a pretty keen buyer, and that usually puts the seller in a very good negotiating position.

Is he worth £45 million ? the same question could be asked about Pogba and a host of other players, whereas at the end of the day, they're only worth what someone is prepared to pay, and if Everton are prepared to pay £50 million, then that's what he's worth.

I do think that he'll be gone in the next couple of day's, and I agree wholeheartedly with you regarding using the money to strengthen to team, my fear is that only a very small proportion will be.

Hopefully those fears are unfounded, we'll wait and see.

Oh if we sell him and don't use the money, it'd be ridiculous.

I think we will though. I think they want to stay up more than anything else as that's what makes them the most money.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024