Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we actually going to spend some money? 14:19 - Aug 1 with 6154 viewsUplandsJack

I presumed we were going to add to/strengthen the squad that ended last season.
Yes we've bought Mesa but, we also sold Cork & Gomis, so that balances the books there.
My point is surely we should be getting on with strengthening in other positions and if/when Siggy leaves then replace him as well.
Not just sit around with our hands tied waiting for this deal to go through before we do any business.
It just seems to me, quality players are being snapped up from under our noses while we dilly around yet again!!!

Thoughts?
Are we actually going to spend some money? on 14:24 - Aug 1 with 4333 viewsDarran

We haven't got any money to spend UJ.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 14:26 - Aug 1 with 4317 viewsFlashberryjack

We will get some players in I've no doubt about that, do we actually have a transfer pot that doesn't involve us selling players first, probably not.

That's how investment works see.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 14:37 - Aug 1 with 4272 viewsLoyal

It's laughable we fall for the lies of our board every year.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 14:39 - Aug 1 with 4257 viewsDarran

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 14:37 - Aug 1 by Loyal

It's laughable we fall for the lies of our board every year.

I haven't fallen for anything.

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 14:39 - Aug 1 with 4259 viewsPrivate_Partz

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 14:26 - Aug 1 by Flashberryjack

We will get some players in I've no doubt about that, do we actually have a transfer pot that doesn't involve us selling players first, probably not.

That's how investment works see.

Seems like the 'next level' was not all it was cracked up to be. All it has done is line the pockets of the sell outs.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 14:40 - Aug 1 with 4245 viewsLoyal

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 14:39 - Aug 1 by Darran

I haven't fallen for anything.

Bit difficult really .....

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 14:48 - Aug 1 with 4201 viewsLiam

Fed up of this continuous subject that is brought up...

What's the point in spending for spending's sake?

We only really need a new full back cover depth wise. There's no point in buying anyone else because for the money we can spend they're not going to be better than what we already got.

If we sell Siggy obv's we'll replace but other than that only a fullback cover is needed.
Are we actually going to spend some money? on 14:51 - Aug 1 with 4170 viewsicecoldjack

We are waiting til the 1 st August..
Login to get fewer ads

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 14:52 - Aug 1 with 4165 viewsJackSkellington

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 14:48 - Aug 1 by Liam

We only really need a new full back cover depth wise. There's no point in buying anyone else because for the money we can spend they're not going to be better than what we already got.

If we sell Siggy obv's we'll replace but other than that only a fullback cover is needed.

Oh there you go, being all logical again... pah!
Are we actually going to spend some money? on 14:53 - Aug 1 with 4155 viewsE20Jack

Can someone tell me what money we have please? I read it daily on here.

The fact is...There is no money.

We posted a £13m loss last year. This year our spending and selling has been offset (roughly).

Then people wonder why I am urging the club to buy players with a sell on value if we do manage to sell Gylfi. Without player sales - we have nothing.

People really do need to grasp this.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2017 14:57]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 15:00 - Aug 1 with 4100 viewsLoyal

I haven't read any post on spending for spendings sake.

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 15:01 - Aug 1 with 4096 viewsFlashberryjack

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 14:53 - Aug 1 by E20Jack

Can someone tell me what money we have please? I read it daily on here.

The fact is...There is no money.

We posted a £13m loss last year. This year our spending and selling has been offset (roughly).

Then people wonder why I am urging the club to buy players with a sell on value if we do manage to sell Gylfi. Without player sales - we have nothing.

People really do need to grasp this.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2017 14:57]

That's basically what I said, the little money we actually made since our arrival in the PL has been relocated, we don't have the proverbial pot to p*ss in, and nothing is going to change.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 15:02 - Aug 1 with 4092 viewsDarran

Yeah that'll be it.

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 15:03 - Aug 1 with 4080 viewsDarran

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 14:40 - Aug 1 by Loyal

Bit difficult really .....

Well it's been obvious to me for a long time.

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 15:05 - Aug 1 with 4068 viewsUplandsJack

Are you Foooking serious? Really?....

I think most on here would agree we need more than "just a new fullback for cover"

We desperately need a creative midfielder, at least one winger, not to mention a RB who hopefully at least pushes Naughton, better obviously would be preferred.

On top of this, when Siggy goes we need replacement for him too.
Are we actually going to spend some money? on 15:06 - Aug 1 with 4052 views34dfgdf54

You think the squad is good enough?
Are we actually going to spend some money? on 15:07 - Aug 1 with 4047 viewsSwanjaxs

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 15:05 - Aug 1 by UplandsJack

Are you Foooking serious? Really?....

I think most on here would agree we need more than "just a new fullback for cover"

We desperately need a creative midfielder, at least one winger, not to mention a RB who hopefully at least pushes Naughton, better obviously would be preferred.

On top of this, when Siggy goes we need replacement for him too.

Decent CH too 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 15:11 - Aug 1 with 4024 viewsUplandsJack

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 15:07 - Aug 1 by Swanjaxs

Decent CH too 👍

No argument from me with that too.
Just didn't want to come across as being too greedy
Are we actually going to spend some money? on 15:13 - Aug 1 with 3995 viewsshandyjack

you are HJ claim my £10.

This squad needed a major surgery in the summer, we needed a new RB to compete with KN, a new Starting CH is desperately needed. We got a CDM but even with siggy we need a new creative CM, add to that another CF if we are playing a diamond, we have 2 fit PL standard CF's. Don't get me started on our wingers

Poll: Expectation for the season

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 15:16 - Aug 1 with 3976 viewsE20Jack

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 15:01 - Aug 1 by Flashberryjack

That's basically what I said, the little money we actually made since our arrival in the PL has been relocated, we don't have the proverbial pot to p*ss in, and nothing is going to change.

We need more realistic, long term thinking as a fanbase. I find the lack of understanding of our situation astounding at times. Some just like to moan for moanings sake.

We are a very small club. 20,500 capacity stadium, low commercial revenue and average to low sponsorship deals. This added with the Sky money covers our running costs.

If we want to stay in the PL for as long as possible, then when we do get money to soend on transfers it has to be recyclable money (buying the correct olayers at correct age we can then sell on). Otherwise we find ourselves with players to replace when they move on and not a bean to our name to do it with, the upshot of which, will likely be relegation.

In order to spend money without selling, we need to increase revenue streams. This is why the expansion should have been done already instead of signing someone like Borja. Phase 1 alone of the expansion (4000 extra seats I think) brings in an estimated £3m extra per season. That, added with a 3 way stadium naming rights deal with the Ospreys and Council could then potentially allow us to sign a £8m player (like Boudabouz) without selling first. This is "the next level", and the stadium plays a massive part in that.

Until that time, we rely on our sales (Cork and Gomis for Mesa).

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 15:18 - Aug 1 with 3956 viewsshandyjack

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 15:16 - Aug 1 by E20Jack

We need more realistic, long term thinking as a fanbase. I find the lack of understanding of our situation astounding at times. Some just like to moan for moanings sake.

We are a very small club. 20,500 capacity stadium, low commercial revenue and average to low sponsorship deals. This added with the Sky money covers our running costs.

If we want to stay in the PL for as long as possible, then when we do get money to soend on transfers it has to be recyclable money (buying the correct olayers at correct age we can then sell on). Otherwise we find ourselves with players to replace when they move on and not a bean to our name to do it with, the upshot of which, will likely be relegation.

In order to spend money without selling, we need to increase revenue streams. This is why the expansion should have been done already instead of signing someone like Borja. Phase 1 alone of the expansion (4000 extra seats I think) brings in an estimated £3m extra per season. That, added with a 3 way stadium naming rights deal with the Ospreys and Council could then potentially allow us to sign a £8m player (like Boudabouz) without selling first. This is "the next level", and the stadium plays a massive part in that.

Until that time, we rely on our sales (Cork and Gomis for Mesa).

the fact we are entering our 7th season in the PL and we are no closer to a ground expansion than ever is strange to me. I don't understand how little movement there has been made on it.

Poll: Expectation for the season

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 15:23 - Aug 1 with 3924 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Getting rid of Gomis is not relevant he did not play last season so we are saving his wages. Mesa seems to be an improvement on Cork so that is an improvement on last seasons. Our four players signed in January improved the squad as well.
We also signed on load a forward who seems to better than Bastion. All we really need now is a goal scoring winger who can cross.

We just need the siggy saga to finish one way or the other.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 15:29 - Aug 1 with 3874 viewsE20Jack

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 15:23 - Aug 1 by felixstowe_jack

Getting rid of Gomis is not relevant he did not play last season so we are saving his wages. Mesa seems to be an improvement on Cork so that is an improvement on last seasons. Our four players signed in January improved the squad as well.
We also signed on load a forward who seems to better than Bastion. All we really need now is a goal scoring winger who can cross.

We just need the siggy saga to finish one way or the other.

The Gomis sale is relevant. We sold him for c.£4m. Without which we probably wouldn't have been able to finance the deal to bring in Mesa without compromising our financial footing. Everything is balanced.

If you look at our player transfers in and out over the last 7 years. It is no coincidence that it is at break even (the only club in the PL to be at break even). Every sale is significant regardless of whether they play as it finances the incoming players.

I think our net soending per season is something like 350k. Its no coincidence.

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 15:46 - Aug 1 with 3774 viewsAl_Bundy

Completely pointless being in this league if we are not in any position to strengthen the squad.

Also what we waste on transfers that clearly don't work out should ring alarm bells with the board.
Are we actually going to spend some money? on 15:56 - Aug 1 with 3725 viewspencoedjack

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 15:13 - Aug 1 by shandyjack

you are HJ claim my £10.

This squad needed a major surgery in the summer, we needed a new RB to compete with KN, a new Starting CH is desperately needed. We got a CDM but even with siggy we need a new creative CM, add to that another CF if we are playing a diamond, we have 2 fit PL standard CF's. Don't get me started on our wingers

Just about my feelings although I'm happy with FF & Alf as 1st choice centre halves but want Naughton to be back up not 1st choice ( in case nobody hasnt noticed I think Naughton is shite)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024