Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans 17:07 - Aug 12 with 7857 viewsTheResurrection

Plenty of questions still to be answered and the performance level would have been totally different had we been home.

Huge positive in our defensive shape when we need to dig in and for all Southampton's chances, really speaking, very few were particularly threatening.

Also I think Clement's subs were a statement to the Board. Fulton, Bartley and McBurnie just shows the lack of activity. Also, we've got to be majorly worried about Mesa at this stage. Personally I fear for his character more than his ability, he seems too confident and a bit of a hot head.

But all in all a decent platform to build on - but it's got to be done and quick.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 02:10 - Aug 13 with 1567 viewsEasternJack

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 02:05 - Aug 13 by Garyjack

No need to bookmark it. I'm sure everyone on here hopes he'll be a great success. It's just a tad concerning that an £11m player is not only deemed not 'ready' enough to play in front of a 34 yr old, but not even able to replace him when he's fvcked! Sorry, but i just don't get that! Somethings not right with him.

haven't seen the interview - did anyone ask PC about this?

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 04:03 - Aug 13 with 1540 viewsdameedna

There were two big statements in this game. Fulton and Bartley. The game changed little and tactically it reminded me if Guidolin at the start of the season bringing in defensive minded changes.

I cant speak for Clement but I would have played Mesa. when Abraham went off and stuck him in with Fulton. Not sure about loading up the defence though on reflection the call must have been to do with height.

Anyway, long season ahead on this showing but a tactical management gives some hope.

We didn't play badly. Southampton were better. Needed that Abraham early goal and almost got it. Didn't get it but we were outplayed in midfield.
We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 04:47 - Aug 13 with 1521 viewsLoyal

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 04:03 - Aug 13 by dameedna

There were two big statements in this game. Fulton and Bartley. The game changed little and tactically it reminded me if Guidolin at the start of the season bringing in defensive minded changes.

I cant speak for Clement but I would have played Mesa. when Abraham went off and stuck him in with Fulton. Not sure about loading up the defence though on reflection the call must have been to do with height.

Anyway, long season ahead on this showing but a tactical management gives some hope.

We didn't play badly. Southampton were better. Needed that Abraham early goal and almost got it. Didn't get it but we were outplayed in midfield.

I'm glad he didn't score they would have battered us.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 07:42 - Aug 13 with 1446 viewsTummer_from_Texas

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 04:47 - Aug 13 by Loyal

I'm glad he didn't score they would have battered us.

Yeah, my initial ruing of that near miss by Tammy early in the game now reminds me of the movie The Butterfly Effect. We're probably lucky he missed and kept them mentally tight.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 07:45 - Aug 13 with 1442 viewsYossarian

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 02:05 - Aug 13 by Garyjack

No need to bookmark it. I'm sure everyone on here hopes he'll be a great success. It's just a tad concerning that an £11m player is not only deemed not 'ready' enough to play in front of a 34 yr old, but not even able to replace him when he's fvcked! Sorry, but i just don't get that! Somethings not right with him.

I was astonished that he only got 20mins against Sampdoria. It got me worrying that Clement didn't fancy him, and that the signing was made over his head. Surely Clement knows more about Spanish football than anyone connected to the club? After all ,he was Ancelloti's Assistant at Real Madrid! I suspect his team selection decisions are the only way he can protest.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 08:40 - Aug 13 with 1377 viewsSTID2017

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 07:45 - Aug 13 by Yossarian

I was astonished that he only got 20mins against Sampdoria. It got me worrying that Clement didn't fancy him, and that the signing was made over his head. Surely Clement knows more about Spanish football than anyone connected to the club? After all ,he was Ancelloti's Assistant at Real Madrid! I suspect his team selection decisions are the only way he can protest.

So was it PC or HJ who decided to offer Kyle Bartley a 4 year contract?
Can't believe PC didn't have input into that

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 09:23 - Aug 13 with 1335 viewsYossarian

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 08:40 - Aug 13 by STID2017

So was it PC or HJ who decided to offer Kyle Bartley a 4 year contract?
Can't believe PC didn't have input into that

I agree with your point- HJ apparently makes the decisions on players and the only way Clement can protest is by not picking them. It's an assumption certainly, but a fair one in the current circumstances.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 10:26 - Aug 13 with 1270 viewsE20Jack

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 17:36 - Aug 12 by Swanjaxs

I think Clement went with Fulton for Britts rather than Messa because Southampton were lumping the ball into our box last 20 minutes, same reason he took Abraham's off for Bartley

What did he take off Abraham?

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Login to get fewer ads

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 11:11 - Aug 13 with 1215 viewsmax936

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 17:33 - Aug 12 by TheResurrection

I don't think Clement would have hesitated to play him if he was on track. Something is amiss with Mesa, that's as clear as day, unfortunately,

Hope he's not another Canas, but its a bit early to judge him without seeing him with a few games under is belt, but yeah I thought it strange that he didn't come on or start even.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2017 11:21]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 11:16 - Aug 13 with 1209 viewsShonky

Why would be bring a 'Leon type' player on when Clement might have thought we needed to take Leon off for tactical reasons?

Its just a ride...

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 11:24 - Aug 13 with 1186 viewsmax936

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 11:16 - Aug 13 by Shonky

Why would be bring a 'Leon type' player on when Clement might have thought we needed to take Leon off for tactical reasons?

Height issue maybe like has been mentioned in this thread, although another possible option could have been to have dropped Fer back there and pushed Carrol forward or maybe not can't see Fer being that defensively minded.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 11:33 - Aug 13 with 1157 viewsTheResurrection

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 11:16 - Aug 13 by Shonky

OK child are you sitting down and paying attention.

Because Clement saw the benefit end of last season of what a Leon type player brings to a team. He can get us on the ball more, through tenacity and hard work in first getting it back and knitting us together when we have it. Simple passing and keeping possession.

Of which we gave far too much to Southampton from 20 minutes in. They began to win the midfield and dictate the tempo and from that were able to build chances, lots of them.

The Mesa we've been promised and were expecting to get would've perfect in yesterday's game. Perfect.

Instead we paid £11m almost 2 months ago for Clement to be unsure of something.

Personally I think it's his temperament. He came on last week, for example, lost the ball up field and lambasted whoever it was he had the misunderstanding with. I think Clement is worried about this aspect. The way he got up and sang his initiation song shows he's not short of confidence, but does that confidence run over a bit?

That's just me surmising so no need for childish, and crap, in the form of Eastern Jacks one liners, but something isn't right just now.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 11:48 - Aug 13 with 1121 viewssully49

There are far more negatives than positives in yesterday's performance, we were forced out of shape by their constant onslaught and I fear that unless we get our act together it will be a cricket score on Saturday.

Irrespective whether Siggy stays or goes we need to bring in player's that will strengthen our squad however, this should have be done preseason ffs

We got out of jail free yesterday and I'm happy were got a away point I'm more concerned about our performance and the only way is up I suppose.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2017 12:17]

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 04:50 - Aug 14 with 998 viewsAussieSwan

So we need more midfield depth yet we passed up the chance to sign Chalobah at 5m... A player who's come through Chelsea's youth set up and is familiar with PC, is young and English so would have good on-sale value in future too. Would have been a very low risk signing at that price in this market.

Staggering really. But hardly unsurprising given the constant incompetency of our board.

Would give us more than Fulton and be a better starter for the squad than Britton seeing as he can't really go 90 any more.

I didn't see the Watford game so dunno how he went on his debut there but I still think he would've been a very shrewd signing for us at that price.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 4:52]

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 06:09 - Aug 14 with 982 viewsEasternJack

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 11:33 - Aug 13 by TheResurrection

OK child are you sitting down and paying attention.

Because Clement saw the benefit end of last season of what a Leon type player brings to a team. He can get us on the ball more, through tenacity and hard work in first getting it back and knitting us together when we have it. Simple passing and keeping possession.

Of which we gave far too much to Southampton from 20 minutes in. They began to win the midfield and dictate the tempo and from that were able to build chances, lots of them.

The Mesa we've been promised and were expecting to get would've perfect in yesterday's game. Perfect.

Instead we paid £11m almost 2 months ago for Clement to be unsure of something.

Personally I think it's his temperament. He came on last week, for example, lost the ball up field and lambasted whoever it was he had the misunderstanding with. I think Clement is worried about this aspect. The way he got up and sang his initiation song shows he's not short of confidence, but does that confidence run over a bit?

That's just me surmising so no need for childish, and crap, in the form of Eastern Jacks one liners, but something isn't right just now.

You talking about temperament is almost as ironic as you commenting on football. Clueless

How's that for a one liner?
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 6:11]

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 07:20 - Aug 14 with 942 viewsMeraki

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 06:09 - Aug 14 by EasternJack

You talking about temperament is almost as ironic as you commenting on football. Clueless

How's that for a one liner?
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 6:11]

Give it a rest mate, its boring.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024